Join the Sacramento Tree Foundation January 31, 7:30-4:30 at the Citrus Heights Community Center: 6300 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights 95621 -- for a special day of learning, networking, and collaboration on healthy communities in the Sacramento region. This year’s Greenprint Summit will focus on demonstrating the connection between public health and the urban forest.
Speakers will include:
• Dr. Lawrence Frank, President of Urban Design 4 Health, Seattle
• Dr. Desirée Backman, Chief Prevention Officer Institute for Population Health Improvement, UC Davis Health System and California Department of Health Care Services
• Dr. Sam Soret, Chair of the Department of Environmental Health and Geoinformatics Sciences, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University
• Dr. Kathy Wolf, Research Social Scientist with the College of the Environment, University of Washington
• Teri Duarte, MPH, Executive Director of WALKSacramento
• Shannon Ramsay, Founding President & CEO, Trees Forever, Iowa
• Robyn Krock, Project Manager, Sacramento Region Food System Collaborative, Valley Vision
• Jared Ulmer, Project Manager & Data Analyst, Urban Design 4 Health, Seattle/Vermont.
The Greenprint Summit will qualify for continuing education credits from the American Institute of Certified Planners and the International Society of Arboriculture.
Register and pay before December 31, 2012 to take advantage of the $35 early bird fee (continental breakfast and lunch included). The fee will be $45 for registrations after December 31 or at the door.
Placer County NewsBig DoG Countdown: PRIDE IndustriesBig DoG Countdown: Learn about how PRIDE Industries impacts your community.
Roseville Shooting Leads to Arrest of Sacramento TrioAt 7:45 p.m. April 16, officers responded to a report of shots fired from a car toward another car in the area of Pleasant Grove Boulevard and Fairway Drive.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (4-17-14)The Roseville Police Department's Crime Report Digest for April 17, 2014.
John and Marilyn Redding Recipients of 2014 Public Safety Leadership Award John and Marilyn Redding were this year's recipients of the Public Safety Leadership Award, which was presented to the Rocklin couple at the third annual Victim's Rights Breakfast.
Your Aging Genes and Risk of DementiaUC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center Director Charles DeCarli will discuss "Your aging genes: What you need to know about your risk for dementia" during the Community Discovery Lecture Series on Thursday, May 8
America's ClayFest II in RosevilleThe Art League of Lincoln in conjunction with Blue Line Arts will be holding the second annual art show and competition at the beautiful Blue Line Arts in Roseville, CA
Placer Pops Chorale Spring Concert SeriesTickets are still available for the popular Placer Pops Chorale Spring Concert Series, directed by Lorin Miller, but hurry - they're going fast!
Chocolate Fest in Paradise May 10thExperience a chocolate paradise on the Paradise/Magalia ridge nestled among tall green pines in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and overlooking the Sacramento Valley
Big DoG Countdown: Soldiers ProjectBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Soldiers Project impacts your community.
Big DoG Countdown: KidsFirstBig DoG Countdown: Learn about how KidsFirst impacts your community.
End of Life Planning: A Difficult Subject for ManyIt is often difficult to imagine your end of life care-or end of life care for a loved one-in the event you or your loved one becomes incapable of making health care decisions.
STEM Collaborative Teaches Critical ThinkingAt the final session of the Sierra College STEM Collaborative ACTivATE nine-month professional development program on teaching applied critical thinking, Sierra College and high school instructors reported