Join the Sacramento Tree Foundation January 31, 7:30-4:30 at the Citrus Heights Community Center: 6300 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights 95621 -- for a special day of learning, networking, and collaboration on healthy communities in the Sacramento region. This year’s Greenprint Summit will focus on demonstrating the connection between public health and the urban forest.
Speakers will include:
• Dr. Lawrence Frank, President of Urban Design 4 Health, Seattle
• Dr. Desirée Backman, Chief Prevention Officer Institute for Population Health Improvement, UC Davis Health System and California Department of Health Care Services
• Dr. Sam Soret, Chair of the Department of Environmental Health and Geoinformatics Sciences, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University
• Dr. Kathy Wolf, Research Social Scientist with the College of the Environment, University of Washington
• Teri Duarte, MPH, Executive Director of WALKSacramento
• Shannon Ramsay, Founding President & CEO, Trees Forever, Iowa
• Robyn Krock, Project Manager, Sacramento Region Food System Collaborative, Valley Vision
• Jared Ulmer, Project Manager & Data Analyst, Urban Design 4 Health, Seattle/Vermont.
The Greenprint Summit will qualify for continuing education credits from the American Institute of Certified Planners and the International Society of Arboriculture.
Register and pay before December 31, 2012 to take advantage of the $35 early bird fee (continental breakfast and lunch included). The fee will be $45 for registrations after December 31 or at the door.
Placer County NewsAuburn Plane Crash Victims IdentifiedThe victims in yesterday's plane crash in Auburn have been identified as pilot Bruce Albright Rhymes, 6-8-53, and Kathy Lorraine Rhymes, 2-3-55, husband and wife from Susanville.
Contract Talks with City of Roseville and Police Officers StallRoseville - The Roseville Police Officers' Association (RPOA), representing 103 sworn police officers whose job it is to protect the Roseville community, announced today that contract talks with the City have broken down.
Costco versus Amazon: Finding the Best ValueThe U.S. Census revealed that in 2010, a family of four was estimated to spend $185.50 per week for a nutritious diet, an increase from the previous year. To help families
Sacramento Kings Rally at Cesar Chavez Park May 23The Sacramento Kings announced Long Live the Kings Rally will take place Thursday, May 23 from 5-9 p.m. at Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento.
Auburn Plane Crash Kills TwoAt 0030 hours, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Cal EMA (California Office of Emergency Services) to assist in a search for a possible downed aircraft near the Auburn Airport
Nurse Next Door tackles Placer County Senior CareBy 2030, nearly a quarter of Placer County's population will be over the age of 65. The demand for senior care is escalating
Truckee-Tahoe Pet Lodge offers unique boarding for dogs, catsThere are Lake Tahoe lodging facilities that welcome pet stays, but there are also plenty of places that force one to leave your beloved dog or cat at home.
Kia Sorento an affordable, versatile crossover SUVLike many offerings in the Kia lineup, the Sorento has distanced itself from its modest beginnings when the Korean automaker produced mainly affordable cars that