Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- PCWA Customers Curb Water Use 34 PercentPCWA
Drought Watch: Since June of this year, PCWA customers have decreased water use by 34 percent in comparison to base year 2013.
- Lincoln Salmon Festival Celebration October 3rdNews Release
Lincoln, CA - The Wildlife Heritage Foundation (WHF) is gearing up for the sixth annual Salmon Celebration to bring awareness to the migrating salmon population
- Repeat DUI's Targeted with Ignition Interlock ProgramPress Release
On Monday, Governor Jerry Brown signed into law SB 61, adding another 18 months to a four-county ignition interlock pilot program
- Placer County Child Support Services Recognized for ImprovementsPress Release
The Placer County Department of Child Support Services has received the 2015 Most Improved Child Support Program Award
- California Fire Updates Summary (10-2-15)CalFire
Nearly 1,000 firefighters are battling 7 large fires. In Northern California, an area of low pressure is moving throughout the area today with light showers
- Free Healthy Aging Program Presentations in OctoberUC Davis
In a series of four Saturday morning sessions at UC Davis School of Medicine, attendees will learn the latest from physicians and other experts about aging and medical science.
- Salmon Celebration Festival in Lincoln October 3rdNews Release
Lincoln, CA - The Wildlife Heritage Foundation (WHF) is gearing up for the sixth annual Salmon Celebration
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (10.1.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update summary for Roseville, October 1, 2015.
- PlacerGrown Events for October 2015Press Release
AUBURN, Calif. - For the fourth consecutive year, Placer County is celebrating everything PlacerGROWN during the entire month of October
- Seniors First Awarded Grant from Wells FargoNews Release
Seniors First was recently awarded $10,000 grant from Wells Fargo Bank which will help to continue funding of Seniors First's eight Senior Cafes
- 151,000 Acres Scarred: Rough Fire GrowsCalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: In Northern California, an area of low pressure is moving slowly into the area today with light showers expected and cooler temperatures
- Roseville Coffee Wars: Dunkin Donuts and Dutch Bros. ExpandingStaff Report
Roseville, CA - Coffee is big business and Roseville is at center stage in South Placer County as the coffee giants battle it out to serve up their high-priced specialty brews.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (9-30-15)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA - Weekly crime report digest update for Rocklin covering the period of September 21- 27, 2015.
- Oktoberfest in South Lake Tahoe October 3 & 4Press Release
(South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) - Oktoberfest -- the yearly celebration of all things German -- will have a taste of California
- Scholarships Awarded to Low Income ResidentsPress Release
ROSEVILLE - College students dealing with financial hardships and life-changing challenges will be honored for their accomplishments
- Transient Suspected in Rocklin FireRocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- A transient is suspected of starting a fire in the greenbelt behind 3104 Sunset Blvd in Rocklin.
- Loomis Eggplant Festival is October 3rdNews Release
The 28th annual Loomis Eggplant Festival takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3, at the Loomis Train Depot
- Volunteers needed for Feed My Starving Children Meal PackNews Release
ROCKLIN - A local effort to provide more than 500,000 meals to malnourished children around the world is now looking for a few good volunteers
- Update: Body Found in Rocklin Quarry IdentifiedRocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- Updated: The coroner's office has identified the deceased as 26-year old Nicholas Edward Ceane from Rocklin.
- Sky Diver Dies in Placer County IncidentSheriff's Dept.
Erik Lars Roner, age 39, from Tahoe City had died following a skydiving accident in Placer County.
- Roseville Gas Price Wars: Competition WidensGasBuddy
A few weeks ago in Roseville, it was Sam's Club and Costco easily winning the battle for low prices gas. Things have changed...
- California Fire Updates: Cautious OptimismCalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Over 3,300 firefighters continue to work on the frontlines of 8 large wildfires across the state.
- 2016 Ford Escape: A Turbocharged CompetitorJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Labeling the Ford Escape an energetic sport utility vehicle with some very pleasing performance may come as a surprise to many.
- California Fire Updates: Firefighters Gain Upper HandCalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Thousands of firefighters are getting a well deserved break as the upper hand is gained on California fires.
- Placer County Small Water Systems UpdatePlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- With persistence and follow up, Placer County's 86 small public water systems have now all reported water data as required by the state. Placer County
- FBI Teen Academy Applications Available OnlineNews Release
Have you wondered if the TV shows featuring the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are realistic, what it really takes to work for the FBI, and what investigations are like?
- Placer Community Foundation Awards Grants to Serve Local YouthNews Release
Roseville, CA - Five local nonprofits that provide needed services for youth recently received youth development grants from the Giving Circle at Placer Community Foundation
- Family and Friends Helped Wounded WarriorDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
The story and message of Retired Army Sgt. First Class Michael Schlitz, of Fortson, Georgia, is far too important. So you will read about Schlitz again next week.
- Jessup Students Join Deaf Awareness DayPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif., - Over 30 students from William Jessup University recently joined the Deaf community during Deaf Awareness Day
- Northern California Women's Forum in Rocklin October 3rdNews Release
Rocklin, CA - The Northern California Women's Forum returns to William Jessup University in Rocklin on October 3, 2015
- California Fire Updates Summary (9-25-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Nearly 5,700 firefighters continue to make good progress towards containment of the 9 remaining large fires in California
- Roseville Chamber Events for October 2015News Release
Check out the upcoming featured events this October for the Roseville Chamber of Commerce.
- Stand Up and Run October 3rd in RosevilleNews Release
Roseville, CA - Stand Up Placer's Stand Up and Run 5K & 10K run and walk takes place Saturday, October 3rd in Roseville.
- $10 Million Grant Aims at Improving Autism TreatmentUC Davis MIND Institute
Researchers with the UC Davis MIND Institute are participating in an initiative project to provide better treatment for children with autism in under-served areas
- Water Customers Exceed Conservation TargetsPress Release
Granite Bay, Calif. - Customers in San Juan Water District's retail service area reduced their August water use by 37 percent, bringing their cumulative reductions
- Wanted: Event Sponsors to Attract Girls to STEM CareersSierra College
Rocklin, CA) - Sierra College is seeking sponsors to support the third annual Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW) event on November 6 in Rocklin, CA
- Community Health Programs in Placer County AwardedPlacer County
Placer County Health and Human Services has been recognized with two merit awards from the California State Association of Counties for two of their community health programs
- Flume Award presented to Sierra CollegePress Release
Drought Watch: On Monday, September 21st, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) presented its coveted "Flume Award" to Sierra College for its conservation efforts and community engagement
- California Fire Updates Summary (9-24-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Good progress is being made on the 9 remaining large fires in California.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (9.24.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Weekly Roseville crime report digest update for September 24, 2015
- Barton Road Intertie Project CompletedNews Release
The Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) and San Juan Water District announced today they have completed construction of the Barton Road Intertie.
- Second Rocklin Carjacking Suspect CapturedRocklin Police Department
On September 21st, Sacramento County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Maksim Zakernichnyy, 27 years, for a separate charge and deputies learned that he was wanted by Rocklin Police.
- Former Roseville Student Arrested in Instagram ThreatRoseville Police Dept.
Yesterday afternoon, Roseville Police detectives arrested a 16-year-old male, a former Roseville High School student
- The Real Revenue Challenge Facing CaliforniaGeorge Runner / Op-ed
California Forward, a political reform group, recently invited Californians to take a "Revenue Challenge
- Over 10,000 Firefighters Battle California FiresCalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Over 10,000 firefighters continue to battle 9 large fires in California.
- Start-up Hustle Incubator in RocklinSierra College
For people who have always dreamed of starting a business, Hacker Lab in partnership with Sierra College is taking applications for six week intensive
- Roseville Tightening Water Restrictions in OctoberCity of Roseville
Drought Watch: Starting October 5, watering times for Roseville water customers will change to one-day-per-week (drip irrigation is excluded).
- Placer County Water Agency Updates September 2015PCWA
At their September 17 meeting in Tahoe Vista, Calif., Board Directors of the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) approved an agreement to transfer
- Roseville Mayor Carol Garcia Endorses Bill Halldin for AssemblyPress Release
ROSEVILLE- Roseville Mayor Carol Garcia has endorsed Bill Halldin for the 6th Assembly District seat.
- Hot Pink Fun Run in Roseville set for September 27thNews Release
Roseville, CA - The Placer Breast Cancer Foundation is hosting the eighth annual Hot Pink Fun Run event September 27 in Downtown Roseville
- California Fire Updates: Rough Fire 70% ContainedCalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Firefighters in Northern California continue to battle the flames and hot weather.
- Lexus introduces the new RC 350 coupeJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Lexus RC 350 Coupe: Lexus is reaching back in the company playbook for this choice, introducing its first hard-top coup since
- Roseville Gas Price Wars: Battle Spreads Beyond GiantsGasBuddy
Roseville, CA - More good news as Roseville gas prices drop again with the price wars moving beyond Costco and Sam's Club
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (9-18-15)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin Police weekly crime report digest update for the period covering September 7- 13, 2015
- 140,000 Acres Charred in Rough Fire: California Fire UpdatesCalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: The Rough Fire has scorched over 140,000 acres and the Valley Fire over 73,000 acres.
- Roseville Events to Continue Uninterrupted at FairgroundsPlacer County
Roseville, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Sept. 15 to extend the Placer County Fair Association's contracting authority
- Funding Approved for Placer County Conservation PlanPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. - A first-of-its kind conservation plan is a step closer to reality after the Placer County Board of Supervisors Sept. 15 approved funding for land purchases and a new position
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (9.18.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update summary for Roseville, September 18, 2015.
- Twelve Bridges: The Final Bridge Discovered at Catta Verdera?Gary Day
Has the mysterious 12th bridge of Twelve Bridges finally been discovered?
- California Fire Updates Summary (9-17-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Nearly 13,000 firefighters are battling 8 large fires across California. In Northern California, warmer weather under mostly sunny skies will