Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Placer SPCA waiving Adoption Fees in DecemberNews Release
Roseville, CA - The Placer SPCA is thrilled to announce that every animal adoption fee will be waived from December 1st through December 31st
- Renewable Energy Job Training for Local StudentsNews Release
Roseville - More than 25 local students from Sierra College have now gained invaluable hands-on training for jobs in the fast growing field of renewable energy
- Children's Christmas Faire in AuburnNews Release
AUBURN - Santa is high in demand this season but will be stopping by the Children's Christmas Faire for free photo opportunities for 400 local children
- Volunteer for Elves for the ElderlyPress Release
Seniors First, a Placer County non-profit organization focused on providing programs and services for our area's elderly, is continuing their holiday gift program
- 18th Annual Holiday Show and Sale in RocklinPress Release
Rocklin, CA - The Ridley Gallery at Sierra College Rocklin Campus is proud to announce our Eighteenth Annual Holiday Show and Sale
- Local Businesses Warned About Potential ScamNews Release
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) is warning ABC licensees and the public of a possible scam in both Northern and Southern California involving persons
- Football Championship West in Roseville and RocklinPress Release
Roseville, CA - The Football University (FBU) National Championship West region games will take place on Dec. 2-5 in Roseville and Rocklin.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report: Mail Theft on the RiseCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department's public police activity report for the period covering November 15-28, 2016.
- 27th Annual Holiday Craft Fair in Roseville
Roseville, CA - The 27th Annual Holiday Craft Fair in Roseville takes place this Saturday at Maidu Community Center.
- New California Laws 2017 - Part 1Staff Report
Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 1 includes racial mascots, immigration, tobacco, marijuana, search warrants, mental health and much more.
- Nissan Titan XD now offers diesel optionJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA - It's not easy being Nissan and trying to make inroads in the truck world. The three most popular
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Tickets On SalePress Release
Disney announced that tickets for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be available online starting Monday, November 28th
- Roseville Residents Benefit from Competitive Gas PricesGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Competition in Roseville for the lowest gas price has added a new player to the cast of longtime leaders Costco and ARCO.
- WJU Designer Frank Gehry Awarded Presidential Medal of FreedomNews Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - Frank Gehry, who designed the original buildings at William Jessup University, was among 21 people that President Barack Obama awarded the 2016 Medal of Freedom
- Granite Bay Senior Living Project ApprovedPlacer County
Roseville, CA - The proposed Ovation Senior Living project in Granite Bay was approved by a 4-0 vote by the Placer County Board of Supervisors.
- New Placer County Marijuana Cultivation OrdinancePlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- Limited cultivation, both indoors and outdoors, of cannabis for personal use will be allowed in unincorporated areas of Placer County under a new ordinance
- Capitol Corridor Rail Ridership Ticks UpPlacer County
Ridership of the Capitol Corridor rail service grew 5.8 percent this year over last
- Increasing Home Sales: Real Estate UpdateJulie Jalone
Realtor Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about a recent report from the National Association of Realtors which is showing a surge in autumn sales across the country.
- Let It Snow: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows OpeningPress Release
Olympic Valley, Calif. - Following 15 inches of new snowfall, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows will open on Wednesday, Nov. 23, weather and conditions permitting
- Rocklin Man Pleads Guilty in Mortgage Fraud SchemeNews Release
Aleksandr Kovalev, 53, of Rocklin, pleaded guilty to wire fraud involving financial institutions in connection with a mortgage fraud scheme
- Academics Stunned by Trump's WinGeorge Runner / Op-ed
She had to endure a political rant from one of her professors, who compared Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler and claimed Trump's election was worse than 9/11.
- Volunteer to Assist with Tommy Apostolos Fund Shopping SpreeNews Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - Local nonprofit Tommy Apostolos Fund is seeking volunteers to accompany local low-income children on a holiday shopping spree
- Roseville Police Weekly Activity Updates (11.22.16)City of Roseville
Roseville, CA- Roseville police activity summary report for the period covering November 3- 14, 2016.
- Be a Santa to a Senior Trees include Roseville and RocklinPress Release
Roseville, CA - The Home Instead Senior Care office is helping to facilitate Be a Santa to a Senior, a community program that provides gifts and companionship
- Thanksgiving Travel: Roseville Price WarGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA - Good news for Roseville residents gearing up for the busy Thanksgiving week travel as gas prices locally and around the nation continue to fall.
- Ford Explorer adds even more appealJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The Ford Explorer has emerged from some difficulties in its past to once again be a popular choice among American car buyers
- Tahoe Basin Area Plan, Tahoe City Lodge Project Gets NodPlacer County
KINGS BEACH, Calif. -- In a special meeting in Kings Beach, the Placer County Planning Commission on Thursday recommended approval of the Tahoe Basin Area Plan
- PCWA Board Adopts 2017 BudgetNews Release
AUBURN, Calif. - At its November 17 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2017 budget
- Sunset Area Plan, Placer Ranch Specific Plan Meeting SetNews Release
Placer County is taking the next big step in developing plans for the future of the Sunset Area, nestled between the cities of Roseville, Rocklin and Lincoln
- Man Coming to Grips with DisorderDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Our featured person this week wanted to be known as "Oliver" and his full identity hidden because of possible repercussions. He is in his 20s and lives
- Roseville City School District Board of Education Names Newest SchoolNews Release
Roseville, CA - The Roseville City School District Board of Education voted unanimously to name its newest school Orchard Ranch Elementary, honoring local families
- Sherri Conway named new Placer County economic development directorPlacer County
Placer County has selected Sherri Conway as its new director of economic development, effective Dec. 5.
- Roseville and Rocklin: Your Weekend Events Start HereStaff Report
Roseville, CA- Thanksgiving break begins for many Roseville and Rocklin area residents this afternoon and what better way to kick off the holiday season
- Holman Ranch: Carmel Valley's Country StarTravel Staff
Carmel Valley, CA - This November road trip would find us exploring the famed Holman Ranch in beautiful Carmel Valley, CA.
- Placer County Approves Village at Squaw Valley ProjectNews Release
KINGS BEACH, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 to approve the Village at Squaw Valley Specific Plan and the certification of the project
- Downtown Roseville: University of Warwick ProposalCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- Tonight at the Roseville city council meeting the University of Warwick will present plans for permanent graduate school in Downtown Roseville
- PBA Event Comes to Strikes Unlimited in RocklinPress Release
Rocklin, CA - It won't quite be Thanksgiving yet when the 3rd Annual Professional Bowlers Association West/Northwest Region Capital City
- Roseville High Schools to Host Annual California BowlStaff Report
Roseville, CA- The 9th Annual California Bowl in Roseville happens on Thanksgiving weekend with one of the best, most competitive youth football
- Roseville Holiday Parade on SaturdayStaff Report
Roseville, CA- Roseville's 55th Annual Sylvia Besana Holiday Parade takes places this Saturday, November 19, 2016.
- SCOE Appoints New Deputy SuperintendentSCOE
Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools David W. Gordon has announced that, effective December 5, 2016, Richard Alan "Al" Rogers, Ed.D. will serve as Sacramento
- Orange is New Pink 5K Walk for Breast CancerPress Release
Orange is the New Pink 5K Walk for Breast Cancer will take place Sunday, Dec. 4 at Mandarin Hill Orchards in Penryn
- Macy's Theatre of Lights in Old SacramentoPress Release
OLD SACRAMENTO, Calif. - An electrifying and family-friendly holiday tradition, the ever-popular "Macy's Theatre of Lights" performances will return to historic Sacramento
- Felony and Repeat DUI Offenders to get SupervisionPlacer County
A $90,617 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety to the Placer County Probation Department will ensure these worst-of-the-worst offenders
- Placer Gives: Investing in the Future of Our CommunityPamela Constantino, Board Chair, PCF
Auburn, CA - I'd like to tell you about John. He needed help. Back surgery caused by his construction job left him on limited disability and, with
- It's a Wonderful Life in Rocklin at WJU
ROCKLIN, Calif., - "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings." - We all know this iconic line from the holiday inspired film, "It's a Wonderful Life"
- Roseville Residents Enjoying Lower Gas PricesGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Sinking gas prices in Roseville and around the country is great news heading into the travel heavy Thanksgiving holiday.
- Harvard Grad Had Different Life PlannedDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
The world seemed to come crashing down hard on June 20, 1993, for then 36-year-old "Bart" of Queens, New York. Before that day, he had
- Roseville Energy Retrofit Aims for Big League SavingsNews Release
Roseville, CA- The Sullivan Auto Group and MPOWER flipped the switch on the largest PACE energy efficiency retrofit and solar photovoltaic installation project
- Fiat Spider Convertible: A Triumphant ReturnJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- Thanks to a big assist from Mazda, the Fiat 124 Spider convertible is back and hoping to recapture some of its past glory.
- Rocklin Building Purchase Expected to Save Taxpayer MoneyPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors Nov. 8 unanimously approved buying the building the county leases in Rocklin to provide a number of services,
- Health Clinic transitions to Western Sierra Medical ClinicPlacer County
For more than 30 years, Placer County has provided medical services to low income, rural residents. On Nov. 10, the Auburn medical clinic will close its doors
- Veterans Day Ceremony at WJU on FridayPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - The William Jessup University Public Policy Department, in cooperation with the WJU Veterans Club, will host the university's eighth annual Veterans Day
- Whole Person Care Pilot Program in Placer CountyPlacer County
It's an unfortunate and all-too-common reality for a number of high-risk individuals in Placer County to have repeated incidents of avoidable emergency department
- Marijuana Cultivation Coming to Placer County?Placer County
Limited outdoor cultivation of medical cannabis for personal use may also be allowed in an anticipated Placer County ordinance following a discussion of next steps for cannabis regulation
- View Roseville's Lowest Gas PricesGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA - Gas prices in Roseville have seen slight easing this past week with prices currently hovering above the $2.20 gallon.
- Placer County Election ResultsPlacer County
Roseville, CA- With vote counting in Placer County concluded for the night, Placer voters favored upgrades for local schools, but showed less support for Measure M's proposed sales tax increase
- Time to Smoke a Joint in Roseville and Rocklin?Staff Report
Roseville, CA- Has California lost its mind or gained its wisdom with passage of Proposition 64?
- PlacerArts Making Its Move in AuburnPress Release
The Arts Council of Placer County, doing business as PlacerArts, will be moving to a new location in Auburn effective December 1, 2016.
- Project SlingShot to provide $750,000 in grantsNews Release
SACRAMENTO, CA - The California Capital Region entrepreneurial and small business community will benefit from $750,000 in new grant funding between now and March 2018
- Economic Development Board on Local Transportation Funding PrioritiesPress Release
Members of the Placer County Economic Development Board at a special Oct. 27 meeting expressed support for the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency's funding