Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Sierra Stories at Rocklin Campus
Local Author Gary Noy to Present 'Sierra Stories' Rocklin Campus, September 19 at 7:30 pm
- Multiple Sclerosis: Sleep Disorders Widely Undiagnosed
UC Davis MIND Institute
In what may be the largest study of sleep problems among individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS), researchers at UC Davis have found that widely undiagnosed sleep disorders
- California Statewide Fire Summary
Over the weekend the state's fire activity increased significantly. The drought dry conditions coupled with high temperatures and low humidity allowed several new large wildfires to grow quickly
- Placer County's Annual Recover Happens September 20th
Placer County's 14th annual Recover Happens celebration, a community event open to all, will take place this year in Auburn's Recreation Park, 123 Recreation Dr., near Old Town
- Suspect Sought in Granite Bay Bank Robbery
Placer County sheriff's detectives are asking the public's help in identifying the suspect who robbed a Granite Bay bank on the morning of September 12, 2014.
- Placer County Fairgrounds: In a State of Flux
Roseville, CA -- After a detailed presentation and lively discussion among the Supervisors, staff and the public, the Placer County Board of Supervisors this week directed Facility Services staff to
- Hoy for the Hall of Fame
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
I guess every year you'll just have to get used to reading about William Elsworth "Dummy" Hoy, a deaf professional baseball player from 1888-1902
- Acorn Harvesters Needed: Do You Have What It Takes?
Sacramento Tree Foundation
The Sacramento Tree Foundation is recruiting acorn Harvesters for the fall 2014 Acorn Harvest. Training to be held in Rocklin.
- Placer County's Criminal Justice System: A Master Plan
Placer County staff recently presented the Board of Supervisors with an update on the Criminal Justice Master Plan.
- Roseville to Host USA BMX State Finals
Placer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA - The USA BMX Northern California State Finals are coming to Oak Creek BMX again for 2014.
- Thunder Valley Donating Paper to Local Schools
Thunder Valley Casino Resort will deliver over 800 reams of office paper to the Western Placer Unified School District on Wednesday, September 10.
- Legends Charity Classic Oct. 17 at Woodcreek Golf Club
The annual Legends Charity Golf Classic, benefiting the Roseville Police Activities League, is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 17 at Woodcreek Golf Club.
- Runner Tells DMV to Stop Overcharging Tax
George Runner / Op-ed
George Runner called upon California's Department of Motor Vehicles to stop overcharging California consumers when they pay tax on their vehicle purchases.
- Placer County's $798 Million Budget Gets Supervisors Approval
Auburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved the county's final 2014-15 budget, giving the OK to the $798 million spending plan.
- Loomis Eggplant Festival Set for October 4th
Eggplants are growing in Loomis in anticipation of the 27th annual festival on Oct. 4 that includes much more than this gourmet purple fruit.
- Early Intervention for Autism Shows Dramatic Results
UC Davis MIND Institure
Treatment at the earliest age when symptoms of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) appear - sometimes in infants as young as 6 months old - significantly reduces symptoms so that
- Roseville's Trash Pickup Days Changing for 2015
City of Roseville
Roseville, CA - Starting January 5, 2015 many residents and a few businesses will have new trash pickup days
- Water Rate Hikes Looming in Roseville and Rocklin
A 6% water rate increase will take effect on January 1, 2015 for parts of Auburn, Loomis Basin, Rocklin, parts of Lincoln and Roseville.
- Placer SPCA's Barktoberfest October 5th
Roseville, CA -- Placer SPCA's 4th Annual Barktoberfest, a festival for canines and their well-behaved human companions takes place on Sunday October 5th at Maidu Park in Roseville
- Bridge Benefit Concert 2014: Where Are You?
The Northern California Internet is buzzing in anticipation of the 2014 Bridge Benefit Concert at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View
- Rodie Working Towards Paralympic Games
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Jason Rodie of Gilbert, Arizona, has a dream that won't stop. Right now, he's training 35 hours a week to earn a spot on the U.S. Paralympic team competing in the 2016 Paralympic Games in Brazil
- Mazda6 Delivers in Many Categories
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
The Mazda6 is a fine midsize sedan with a lot of enviable qualities, which include affordability, styling, family-friendly interior space, plus solid fuel economy and performance
- Placer County Residents Cutting Water Use
Drought Watch: Placer County residents are doing their part when it comes to conserving water during the current drought and helping to
- Roseville Author Releases New Adventure Book
ROSEVILLE, Calif. - Author Jack L. Parker announces the nationwide release of his new book, "The Valley of Tranquility," where he shares a moving tale of adventure and discovery.
- Roseville California Crime Brief (9.4.14)
Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA -- The Roseville Police crime brief update for September 4, 2014.
- New Air Force ROTC Program at WJU
William Jessup University begins a new Air Force ROTC program with the start of the 2014-15 academic year. The ROTC experience allows students to earn an
- Roseville Splash Party on September 13, 2014
Placer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA -- Roseville's biggest party of the year is back, with Splash 2014 coming to the Roseville Aquatics Complex on September 13th.
- Dinner Fundraiser to Help Support Malnourished Children
ROSEVILLE - A local effort to pack hundreds of thousands of meals for malnourished children around the world is holding its annual major fundraiser to help pay for the meals that will be packed.
- Roseville Chef Slays Flay with Falafel Sandwich
Roseville-based Chef Rina Younan has done it again! She has won her third Food Network challenge on Aug 28 by beating Bobby Flay at his own game
- WJU in Rocklin Continues Growth
William Jessup University began its 2014-15 academic year with the largest enrollment in the university's 75-year history
- Roseville Fire Department Launching Emergency Notification System
Roseville Fire Dept.
The City of Roseville Fire Department is launching a new Emergency Notification System called Alert Roseville.
- Sierra College Patrons Club Resumes Meetings
The Patrons Club, a volunteer arm of the Sierra College Foundation, invites the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization to attend their first meeting
- Placer County Sheriff's Office Emergency Alert System
The Placer County Sheriff's Office, in partnership with emergency response agencies throughout Placer, Sacramento and Yuba counties, has implemented a state-of-the-art emergency mass notification system.
- Writing Your Life Story Workshop September 13th
Bud Gardner, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, part of the New York Times best-selling series, will conduct a workshop, How to Write Your Life Story, on Saturday, Sept. 13th
- Newcastle Resident Elected Region Governor of Soroptomist
Jacqueline "Jackie" DeMartini, of Newcastle, California is serving a two-year term as Sierra Nevada Region Governor of Soroptimist, an international volunteer organization for women.
- Brandman University Adding Roseville Location
City of Roseville
Roseville,CA -- Brandman University will be locating at 400 Sunrise Blvd. The 9,182 square foot tenant improvement is valued at over $300,000.
- Jessup Gala to Celebrate 75th Anniversary on September 20th
ROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University will host the Jessup Gala on Saturday, September 20 from 6-9 p.m. The dinner and program festivities raise funds for student scholarships.
- 10 Year Old Girl Abducted in Carmichael
At approximately 3:00AM, an unknown white male adult entered a residence through an unlocked door and removed a child under the age of ten years old from the residence against her will.
- Roseville Burglars Evade Police
City of Roseville
Roseville, CA - Police officers searched the Crescendo Drive area extensively today after a resident reported an attempted burglary
- Rob McAllister Joins Halldin Public Relations
ROCKLIN - Longtime Sacramento news reporter Rob McAllister, who became well known for his reporting at both KFBK 1530 radio and KOVR CBS 13 television in Sacramento