Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- PCWA Raises Credit Rating, Refinances DebtPress Release
AUBURN, Calif. - The Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) announced that it has completed the refinancing of approximately $26 million of its debt.
- Supervisors Look to Next Year's Budget ChallengesPlacer County / Op-ed
Auburn, CA- Ahead of the county's submission June 7 of a draft budget for the next fiscal year, the board of supervisors considered expected funding needs and challenges.
- Five Steps to Sell Your HomeJulie Jalone
Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, gives five proven tips to help homeowners prepare their homes to be sold.
- 4 Arrrested in South Sac Triple HomicideSheriff's Dept.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Detectives have made four arrests in connection to the recent murder of three family members in South Sacramento.
- Sun City Lincoln Hills Amphitheater Summer ConcertsStaff Report
Lincoln, CA- South Placer's burgeoning music scene continues to add a dynamic and widening array of talent to the growing list of quality venues.
- PlacerGROWN Farmers' Markets Opening for Summer SeasonPlacerGrown
Roseville, CA- Four seasonal PlacerGROWN Farmers' Markets are opening for the 2016 summer season, providing a plethora of produce options for residents of Placer County
- Marijuana Cultivation Discussion at Roseville City Council MeetingCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- At the May 4th Roseville City Council Meeting, representatives from Placer County will provide an opportunity for the public to provide input on Placer County's current efforts
- Roseville Gas Prices Up and DownGasBuddy
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville and the region have trended upward this past week. However, at some of low price leaders in Roseville
- Chrysler 200: Improved and solid midsize sedanJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- Looking to make a move upward and become more of a challenger to its competitors, the folks at Chrysler completely redesigned the Chrysler 200
- Creating More Inclusive Zoos and MuseumsDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Not long last week after featuring a 35-year-old man named "Tony" (a pseudonym), who became legally blind at birth due to retinopathy of prematurity (ROP),
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (5.3.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Flash crime report digest summary update for Roseville, CA on May 2, 2016.
- $20 Pet Adoptions at Placer County's Auburn ShelterPlacer County
Facing a spring surplus of rescue pets - and in celebration of National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day April 30 - Placer County's Auburn animal services center will lower adoption fees
- Placer Land Trust Acquires 40 Acres along North Fork of American RiverPress Release
Placer Land Trust is very pleased to announce that in early April it acquired 40 acres of gorgeous land along the North Fork American River at the bottom of the Green Valley Trail.
- Holly Heinzen reflects on 31-year career in servicePlacer County
After making it through her first day, wondering if she would even be able to make it up the hill and into the parking lot, Heinzen had found a place where she would spend the duration of her career
- Roseville Man Arrested for Child Molestation in Bay AreaCity of Roseville
James McNealy Carroll, a 64 year-old Roseville resident has been arrested for six counts of child molestation.
- Sutter Buttes Bike Poker Run & Wine Tasting May 14thNews Release
Sutter, CA - Visit Yuba-Sutter will host the annual Sutter Buttes Bike Poker Run and Wine Tasting event on May 14, 2016.
- Distance Language Intervention and Disabilities CommunicationUC Davis MIND Institute
Sean Sawicki, who has fragile X syndrome, can be hard to understand and doesn't always have the attention span to carry on a sustained conversation
- Roseville's Greener Gardens Tour & DIY Expo City of Roseville
Roseville, CA- Join hundreds of people for Roseville's Greener Gardens Tour and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Expo on Saturday, May 14th
- Vacancies: Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory BoardPlacer County
The Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board is in need of additional community members to fill vacant seats.
- WJU to Host National History Day in MayPress Release
Rocklin, CA - On May 6-7 the William Jessup University (WJU) campus will literally come alive with history when they host National History Day
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (4.27.16)Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police flash crime report digest update and activity log for April 25, 2016.
- Rocklin Flash Crime Report (4.27.16)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- Rocklin Police crime report digest summary for the period of April 18- 24, 2016.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in AuburnPCTPA
Auburn -The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) and the City of Auburn will host a ribbon cutting celebration to recognize the installation of two new electric vehicle
- Autism: Pool and Water Safety TipsNews Release
Roseville, CA- April is National Autism Awareness month. Drowning is a leading cause of death for children and adults who have Autism.
- Blind Friend Caught in the WebDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
My friend, who I'll call Tony (a pseudonym), age 35, said he had been able as a child to see shapes and colors, but now could sense only light
- Water Conservation Efforts Net Award for PCWAPress Release
For the third consecutive year, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) received the California Municipal Utilities Association's (CMUA) Best Water Program award.
- Financing Water Conservation Measures Gets BoostPress Release
In its ongoing commitment to water conservation, the Placer County Board of Supervisors waived the fee associated with its Property Assessed Clean Energy
- Roseville Gas Prices Drop, ARCO Takes Low Price LeadGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville have eased during the past week with ARCO and Costco leading the charge.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (4.23.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville Police activity and crime report digest for April 22, 2016.
- Toyota Tacoma is revamped and better than everJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- There's no hard sell necessary when it comes to the Toyota Tacoma. The popular midsize truck has been a big seller for
- Roseville Police Warn Residents of Two ScamsRoseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police have issued the following advisory for residents to be on alert for the following two scams following recent incidents.
- Walerga Road Bridge to be replacedPlacer County
Roseville, Calif -- A project to replace the aging and often-flooded Walerga Road bridge in Placer County is set to begin as the county board of supervisors
- KidsFirst Paints Placer County Blue for National Child Abuse Prevention MonthPress Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - This April, KidsFirst is celebrating National Child Abuse Prevention Month with a variety of activities
- Tour de Lincoln among Best in U.S. for 2016 Placer Valley Tourism
The Tour De Lincoln's Metric Century Ride Recognized in the Top 10 Spring Rides Nationwide by ACTIVE.com.
- Students Build Construction & Energy Technology CareersSierra College
Rocklin, CA -- Sierra College students Lizzie Hinkey and Jordan Pinkham have benefited from course work in Construction & Energy Technology (CET) as they
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (4.19.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville flash crime report digest for April 19, 2016.
- Inmate attacks officer at prison in FolsomDept. of Corrections
FOLSOM - Officials at California State Prison-Sacramento (SAC) are investigating an assault by an inmate that sent one employee to the hospital.
- Progress Toward Clean AirEric White, Air Pollution Control Officer (Op-ed)
Roseville, CA- As was reported in Rocklin & Roseville Today (Roseville Region Air Quality Among Worst in Nation, Staff Report / Wednesday, April 20, 2016) Placer County did once again receive
- Roseville Region Air Quality Among Worst in Nation Staff Report
Roseville, CA- As we've reported over the years, the Roseville region has many things going for it. Air quality is definitely not one of them.
- Environmental and Economic Improvements aimed at North Lake TahoePlacer County
Placer County is developing a program to assist private investment in environmental improvements and economic development at North Lake Tahoe
- Minimum Wage Hike Won't Solve Poverty (Op-ed)George Runner / Op-ed
Blink and you'll miss it. Special interests have struck a backroom deal to raise California's minimum wage to $15 per hour in just six years
- Roseville Sports Chalet Going Out of BusinessStaff Report
The Sports Chalet on Fairway Drive in Roseville is going out of business.
- Roseville Man Arrested on Suspicion of Molesting TeenRoseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- On Friday, April 15, Roseville Police detectives arrested Paul Lauterjung, age 61 of Roseville, on a Placer County warrant charging him with annoying and molesting a child
- Former Fox40 Producer Sentenced for Online AttacksDept of Justice
Matthew Keys, 29, former web producer and network site administrator for KTXL FOX40, a Sacramento television station, was sentenced to two years in prison
- Rocklin Woman Locates Stolen Property on CraigslistRocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- During the late afternoon hours of April 14th, Rocklin Police officers received a call from a crime victim of a theft that had occurred
- Roseville Podiatrist Sentenced for Health Care FraudDept of Justice
Roseville, CA - Neil Van Dyck, 64, of Roseville, was sentenced to three years in prison and a $10,000 fine for committing healthcare fraud.
- A Photographic Journey to the Galápagos IslandsSierra College / Rob Floerke and Dale Hoffman-Floerke
Rocklin, CA -- Come to the Sierra College Natural History Museum on Earth Day for a presentation about one of Earth's most unique ecosystems
- Roseville Gas Prices Remain Flat this WeekGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Roseville gas price have held relatively steady over the course of the past week. Costco and ARCO who battle
- Rocklin Flash Crime Report (4.19.16)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- Weekly crime report digest summary in Rocklin for the period of April 11- 17, 2016.
- Operation Innovate Youth Hackathon in RocklinPress Release
Sierra College is hosting Operation Innovate, a weekend youth Hackathon to educate 12 to 17 year olds in science, technology, engineering, art, math, entrepreneurship and design from April 29 to May 1
- Earth Day Celebration in Rocklin April 20 & 21News Release
Rocklin, CA - The 2016 Earth Day Celebration on the Rocklin Campus will be held on Wednesday April 20 and Thursday, April 21.
- Mitsubishi Lancer faces tough competitionJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- In an era where redesigns are common place, Mitsubishi has stubbornly refused to provide a total makeover for the Lancer.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (4.16.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Weekly Roseville crime report digest summary for the period covering April 7-14, 2016.
- Nasty Note Fuels Viral Facebook PostDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
What a stranger meant as a demeaning insult, 21-year-old Harley Skorpenske and her mother have turned into good.
- Quarry Park in Rocklin: A Jewel of South PlacerStaff Report
Rocklin, CA- Rocklin has hit one out of the park. With blue skies, temperatures in the 70's and warm sun permeating the air, city officials and local residents converged at the new Quarry Park
- Night of Dreams to be held in RosevilleNews Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - On April 20, Blue Line Arts will be decked with the dreams of young artists. Collaborating with KidsFirst, the gallery assisted "The Dream Project",
- Placer County Gears Up for West Nile VirusPress Release
ROSEVILLE, Calif. - The California Legislature has declared April 17 - 23, 2016 as West Nile Virus and Mosquito and Vector Control Awareness Week.
- Placer Food Bank among beneficiaries of Walmart's Fight Hunger CampaignPress Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - Walmart has once again officially launched its "Fight Hunger. Spark Change." campaign, a nationwide initiative calling on the public to take action
- Granite Bay Golf Club to Host Friendship InvitationalPress Release
(Granite Bay, CA) - Golfers will play "fore" the kids at this year's 10th annual Children's Miracle Network (CMN) Friendship Invitational
- WJU Breaks Ground on New Chemistry LabPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - Continuing their ongoing growth trajectory, William Jessup University began construction for a new chemistry lab