Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Roseville Gas Price Battle: Costco vs. Sam's ClubGasBuddy
Roseville, CA - Roseville gas prices continue to drop bringing welcome relief to motorists. The price war between Costco and Sam's Club in Roseville continues to benefit consumers
- Pink By The Pool September 17th at Thunder Valley CasinoNews Release
The Placer Breast Cancer Foundation is hosting the annual Pink By The Pool fundraising event, Thursday, Sept. 17 at Thunder Valley Casino.
- Roseville Man Arrested in House Party RobberyRoseville Police Dept.
Brent Leo Alan Mason, age 19 of Roseville, was arrested without incident at an apartment complex in Rocklin
- O2 breathe Walk in Roseville set for October 10thNews Release
O2 breathe fundraising Walk, benefiting the Pulmonary Hypertension Association on Saturday, October 10, 2015 at Maidu Park in Roseville.
- Feed My Starving Children Dinner in Roseville September 12thPress Release
ROSEVILLE - The annual Feed My Starving Children dinner on Sept. 12th will help raise money to pack meals for malnourished children around the world
- Retired Navy Captain Assists Returning VetsDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Tom Mayhew was only 6 when he watched his father march his mother down the hall of their El Paso, Texas, home with a rifle pointed at her back.
- Toyota Highlander continues to shine as midsize SUVJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
One of the most highly-rated midsize sport utility vehicles is the Toyota Highlander, a sensible, well designed crossover.
- California Fire Updates Summary (8-29-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Although 6,300 firefighters remain on the lines battling 13 active wildfires, crews made significant progress over the past couple of days.
- Sierra College Patrons to Meet September 8thSierra College
Rocklin, CA - The Patrons, a volunteer support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invite the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization
- California Fire Update Summary (8-28-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: A Red Flag Warning has been issued for Saturday from the Lake Tahoe region south through Mono County for high winds, increasing fire danger
- WJU Gala to Honor Four Esteemed AlumniPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University will honor four esteemed alumni who are excelling in their respective fields of endeavor at its annual Jessup Gala
- Hacker Lab Jumpstarts Pursuit of Virtual RealitySierra College
ROCKLIN, CA--When three Sierra College students attended the July 24 Virtual Reality meet-up at Hacker Lab in Rocklin, they had no idea it would put them on the fast track
- Johnny Cash Trail Art Experience Master Plan ApprovedCity of Folsom
The Folsom City Council unanimously approved a master plan for the Johnny Cash Trail Art Experience
- California Water Use Drops over 31 Percent in JulyCalifornia State Water Board
Drought Watch: Despite continued hot conditions, Californians surpassed June's conservation rate and reduced water use by 31.3 percent during July, exceeding Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.'s 25 percent
- Teacher Arrested for Child Pornography DistributionSheriff's Dept.
A Nevada County teacher was arrested for distribution of child pornography. Ethan Lewis, 32, was booked into the Nevada County Jail after turning himself in.
- California Fire Update Summary (8-27-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015:Over 9,000 firefighters are battling 16 active wildfires across California. Warmer weather over the past couple of days has hampered containment efforts
- Roseville Ranked #51 for Female Entrepreneurs to Launch BusinessNews Release
The city of Roseville, CA was ranked #51 in a new report by data-science group GoodCall as one of the best cities in the U.S. for women entrepreneurs to launch their business.
- Lake Tahoe: Labor Day Weekend Events and BeyondNews Release
Tahoe South's late-summer of festivals, music, homegrown food and fireworks will ride the hot August wave of indoor and outdoor adventures now through Labor Day
- Roseville Optometry Business BurglarizedRoseville Police Dept.
Roseville Police asking for the public's help identifying the two people in these surveillance pictures.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (8.28.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report update digest summary for Roseville, August 28, 2015.
- William Jessup University Begins Fall SemesterPress Release
At William Jessup University, the start of fall semester doesn't seem official until the annual group photo is taken.
- Mentoring Success Story: Child Advocates of Placer CountyNews Release
Two years ago, 17-year-old Nicole had no drive in her life."I was really depressed, but my mom was good at finding resources for me," Nicole says
- Sierra College Supports Former Foster YouthPress Release
Rocklin, CA- - As the school year begins, Sierra College is taking an extra step to ensure that one group of students gets off to a good start.
- Tax Increase Eyed for Placer County Transportation ImprovementsPCTPA
PCTPA to release the Draft Expenditure Plan for Potential Transportation Sales Tax at August 26th Board Meeting
- Dominick Casey appointed Roseville Assistant City ManagerCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA - Acting Roseville City Manager Rob Jenson today appointed Dominick Casey as Assistant City Manager on a permanent basis.
- Explosive Device at a Roseville Middle School: Police Seek InformationRoseville Police Dept.
Homemade explosive devices safely disabled on Roseville middle school campus; no injuries reported.
- California Fire Update Summary (8-25-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Over 11,300 firefighters are battling 16 active wildfires across California. Crews continue to make good progress
- Rocklin Resident Helps Police Catch Suspected Mail ThiefRocklin Police Department
A vigilant Rocklin citizen observed a male suspect forcing entry into a commercial cluster mail box and steal mail.
- Thunder Valley Donating Paper to Local SchoolsPress Release
Thunder Valley Casino Resort will deliver over 800 reams of office paper to the Western Placer Unified School District on Tuesday, August 25 at 9 a.m.
- Roseville Gas Prices War: Sam's Club vs. CostcoGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA - Roseville consumers are continuing to get relief at the pump as gas prices downward trajectory continues. Sam's Club on Pleasant Grove Blvd. continues to keep prices below the new Costco
- ATOU 1.6 Challenge to End Bullying in Roseville October 24thStaff Report
Roseville, CA -- Join ATOU this October 24th on a walk through a fun, educational course to raise awareness about bullying
- Man Urges Education for DiabeticsDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Over the years, he's managed his health well-so well one doctor said he could be a "poster child" for type 2 diabetes
- California Fire Update Summary (8-24-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Smoke from active fires in Northern California will likely lift up into the south to southwest general winds earlier today than yesterday and drift to the north and northeast.
- Roseville Chamber Events for September 2015Roseville Chamber
Roseville, CA - Featured upcoming business events this September for the Roseville Chamber of Commerce
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (8.22.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update summary for Roseville, August 22, 2015.
- California Fire Updates Summary (8-22-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015:The large fire threat will become elevated next week due to hot and dry conditions.
- Affordable Mitsubishi Outlander rising in statusJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Are you confined to a strict budget, yet still in need of a vehicle that can transport seven people? One solution is the Mitsubishi Outlander
- Man Faces Kidnapping Charge Following High Speed ChaseSheriff's Dept.
Placer County, CA - A verbal dispute ended in a short vehicle pursuit and a traffic accident Thursday afternoon.
- PCWA Revises Water Connection ChargesPCWA
AUBURN, Calif. - At its August 20 meeting, The Placer County Water Agency Board of Directors approved a resolution which effectively changes the way
- Medical Marijuana Doctor Behind Bars in Sexual Assault CaseSheriff's Dept.
The Sacramento County Sheriff Sexual Assault Bureau has arrested Logan Vincent Ford, 31, a licensed physician on multiple sex crime charges.
- Oak Creek BMX in Roseville host the BMX NorCal State ChampionshipsPlacer Valley Tourism
Oak Creek BMX in Roseville is gearing up to host the BMX NorCal State Championships on August 28-30.
- Roseville City Council Approves City Manager ContractCity of Roseville
The Roseville City Council has approved a $255,000 a year contract for Acting City Manager Rob Jensen to be Roseville's next City Manager.
- California Fire Update Summary (8-20-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: A minor cooling trend and a rise in humidity tonight through Friday in Northern California will aid firefighters in their efforts to contain the over a dozen wildfires.
- Placer County turns to Canadian Company for Security PaperPlacer County
In July, the sole supplier of banknote security paper used by California counties, Sekuworks LLC, closed without warning.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (8-19-15)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA - Weekly crime report digest update summary for the period of August 10 - 16, 2015.
- Roseville Junior Helps Team USA Win Le Blanc CupPress Release
NorCal's own Aidan Mayo claimed the Le Blanc Cup boys' title with Team USA this past week in St. Hyacinthe, Canada.
- California Fire Update Summary (8-19-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: In recent months, firefighters in California have encountered hobby drones on large scale wildfires that have interfered with the air operations of the fire
- Sierra College Football hosts 2015 Meet The WolverinesPress Release
Rocklin, CA -Amid high expectations, the 2015 Sierra College football season kicks off with the annual Cardinal and White "Meet the Wolverines" fall scrimmage and fan-fest Saturday, Aug. 22
- Small Business Boost Conference at UC Davis August 26thNews Release
The Capital Region Small Business Development Center partners with Congressman John Garamendi to host the Small Business Boost Conference at UC Davis.
- Placer's Director of Children's System of Care on AssignmentPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County's Director of Children's System of Care, Richard Knecht, will serve on a year-long assignment to the state's Departments of Social Services and Health Care Services
- Homeless Shelter Services Extended by Placer SupervisorsPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. - The Placer County Board of Supervisors today voted to allow Right Hand Auburn and Volunteers of America to expand the hours and services provided at the temporary emergency
- California Fire Update Summary (8-18-15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: Over 12,000 firefighters are battling 18 active wildfires across California. After today, temperatures will decrease back to a more seasonable normal level.
- $15,000 Grant Awarded to Stand Up PlacerPress Release
Roseville, CA - Blue Shield of California Foundation has announced a grant of $15,000 to Stand Up Placer
- Book Sale to Benefit Roseville Public LibrariesPress Release
The Friends of the Roseville Library will host its third used book sale of the year Saturday, Sept. 26 at the Downtown Library.
- Auburn Dutch Bros. Raise Funds for Relay for LifePress Release
Dutch Bros. locations in Auburn raised $2,864 in support of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
- Bogle Vineyards Presents Friday AlfrescoPress Release
Enjoy wine, music and fun at this family friendly event for a great cause this Friday as Bogle Vineyards Presents Friday Alfresco.
- Rooster Tails Fishing Club Presentation in Auburn this Friday News Release
The Rooster Tails Fishing Club's monthly breakfast meeting will be held on Friday, August 21 at the Auburn Elks Lodge
- Roseville Gas Prices: Lowest Prices in TownGasBuddy
Roseville, CA - Gas prices in Roseville are dropping with prices. At the time of publication, the new Costco Gas Station and Sam's Club are battling it out.
- The Great Banquet slated for October 10th in RosevilleNews Release
ROSEVILLE, Calif., - Joni and Friends Sacramento will hold its third annual event titled "The Great Banquet" at Bayside Church in Roseville on October 10, 2015
- Cancer Detecting Dogs: Non-Invasive Approach of the Future?News Release
UC Davis clinicians are hoping to greatly advance cancer screenings with the innate olfactory skills of man's best friend.