Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- $866 Million Budget for Placer County ApprovedPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors has approved the county's final 2017-18 budget of $866.2 million, an increase of 6.2 percent from the previous
- Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk October 8thNews Release
Sacramento, CA - Join the Down Syndrome Information Alliance as we unite for a common cause and raise funds at the 2017 Step Up For Down Syndrome Walk
- Free Dementia Training on Sept. 27 for Families of Loved Ones News Release
Roseville, CA- The number of Americans living with Alzheimer's disease is expected to triple - from five million today to more than 16 million by 2050 - unless a cure is found
- Sacramento Metro Chamber Small Business Development Center UpdatesNews Release
SACRAMENTO, CA - In less than three years after assisting its first client in December 2014, the Sacramento Metro Chamber's Capital Region Small Business Development Center
- Roseville City School District partners with Tommy Apostolos FundPress Release
Roseville, Calif. - Accidents happen, which is why local nonprofit, Tommy Apostolos Fund, is launching its newest program, "Kids' Care Kits."
- Recovery Happens Event in Auburn September 23Placer County
Auburn, CA- This annual event celebrates people recovering from substance use or mental health concerns, highlighting their success stories
- Versatile Hyundai Ioniq: Has EV and Hybrid modeJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA - Anyone interested in purchasing the all-new 2017 Hyundai Ioniq better be proficient at decision making
- Roseville Club to Host Tennis Sectional ChampionshipPress Release
Roseville, CA - The United States Tennis Association (USTA) Northern California Adult 55+ Tennis Sectional Championship will be arriving on Sept. 21-24
- WJU Baseball adds experience and leadership to staffPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup head baseball coach Jake McKinley is pleased to introduce the new coaching staff for the Warriors, bringing years of experience and leadership
- Roseville Gas Price Hikes Slow Heading into AutumnGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Coming off recent upticks in prices, Roseville area residents have seen prices remain relatively stable this past week.
- New Social Host Ordinance in AuburnPress Release
AUBURN, Calif. - The Auburn City Council unanimously passed a civil social host ordinance during their city council meeting.
- Animal Services Center Open House September 23Press Release
Auburn, CA - Auburn, CA - The Animal Services Center in Auburn will be opening its doors Sept. 23 to welcome the public for a behind-the-scenes look at its programs and facility
- Our Most Vulnerable Residents: Expanding Medical Care & HousingPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors recently approved two new components of the Whole Person Care pilot program: a medical respite unit that will provide interim care for at-risk clients leaving the hospital, along with a new agreement to purchase housing units
- Where Does William Jessup University Rank?Press Release
The U.S. News & World Report 2018 college rankings are out. Where does Rocklin based William Jessup rank?
- Sierra Pregnancy & Health Expands OfferingsPress Release
Roseville, CA) - Sierra Pregnancy & Health (SPH) recently announced plans to expand their health clinic by 1,500 square feet to better serve the needs
- Garth Brooks, Keith Urban & Florida Georgia Line to Headline Stagecoach: California's Country Music FestivalPress Release
LOS ANGELES, CA - This year, you 'aint seen nothing yet. Get ready for the biggest country music event ever staged.
- Placer County Fairgrounds relaunching as @ The Grounds in multimillion-dollar renovation News Release
Placer County, CA - In conjunction with a multimillion-dollar renovation, the Placer County Fairgrounds will relaunch as @ The Grounds to better reflect the diverse types of events
- Young Californians: Living with ParentsJulie Jalone
Realtor Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why a growing number of young adults are living with their parents longer than ever.
- Julie Teel joins Raley's Board of Directors Press Release
West Sacramento, CA --- Raley's Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Julie Teel as a new Director, effective immediately.
- Placer Community Foundation Awards $33,000 in Grants to Serve Local YouthNews Release
Lincoln, CA - Eight local nonprofits that provide valuable services for youth recently received grants from the Giving Circle at Placer Community Foundation
- Placer County Property Tax Bills on the WayPlacer County
Auburn, Ca., - Placer County Treasurer-Tax Collector Jenine Windeshausen announced the property tax bills for the 2017-2018 fiscal year have been mailed.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (9.12.17)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Digest summary update of select police activity in Roseville for the period ending September 7, 2017.
- Roseville Gas Prices Up 10 PercentGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA - Steadily rising gas prices in Roseville and Rocklin have been hard to miss. Prices have jumped nearly 10 percent at many locations
- Lexus RX 350 sporting new lookJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- A beautiful vehicle with grace and style, the Lexus RX 350 was always a sport utility vehicle almost universally admired by women.
- Placer County Water Agency UpdatesNews Release
AUBURN, Calif. - At the September 7 meeting of the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors, the Board received a presentation on a recently-completed rate study
- Magnolia Ranch Trailhead Scenic Hiking AboundsLocal Travel
Coloma / Pilot Hill, CA- It was with excitement that we gladly returned along Highway 49 for a visit to the Magnolia Ranch Trailhead
- Exercise Classes for those with Parkinson's DiseasePress Release
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital is offering a free exercise class every Friday that is open to the community to help those with Parkinson's disease
- Folic Acid May Mitigate Autism Risk From PesticidesUC Davis
(Sacramento, Calif.)-Researchers at UC Davis and other institutions have shown that mothers who take recommended amounts of folic acid around conception might reduce their children's pesticide-related autism risk
- Folsom Community Service Day 2017News Release
Folsom, CA - More than 2,800 volunteers will complete nearly 50 service projects on Saturday, September 16 at Folsom's fourth annual Community Service Day
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (9.7.17)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Select Roseville police activity summary digest report through September 1, 2017.
- Dignity Health adds Female Providers in Roseville and RocklinNews Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - Mercy Medical Group, a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation, is proud to welcome several new female providers, to serve the growing health care needs of South Placer County
- California Fire Updates (9.7.17)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2017: Showers and thunderstorms will continue in Northern California today as 9500+ firefighters battle 24 large wildfires in California.
- $14,000 Grant for Seniors First to Facilitate Meals on WheelsPress Release
(Auburn, CA) - Seniors First is the recent recipient of a $14,000 grant from the Paul & Eleanore G. Ziegelmaier Endowment Fund of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation
- UC Davis MIND Institute awarded Autism Centers of Excellence (ACE) grantPress Release
The UC Davis MIND Institute has been awarded a 5-year, $12 million Autism Centers of Excellence (ACE) grant, one of five in the nation
- Open House at Gold Country Wildlife Rescue September 23Press Release
AUBURN - Enjoy a unique opportunity to tour and view the new location for Gold Country Wildlife Rescue (GCWR) when they host their first open house on Saturday, September 23
- Parkinson Association of Northern California Annual Conference in SacramentoNews Release
Sacramento, CA- The Parkinson Association of Northern California (PANC) is holding its Annual Education and Information Conference at the Sacramento Convention Center on
- Feed My Starving Children MobilePack in RocklinPress Release
ROCKLIN - Organizers of the 8th Annual Feed My Starving Children MobilePack in Rocklin announced they plan to pack more than 500,000 meals for malnourished children
- California Fire Updates (9.5.17)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2017: Over 10,000 firefighters are battling 23 large wildfires in California.
- Roseville Gas Prices Bolt HigherGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA - The extreme heat in Roseville has finally subsided as residents marked the unofficial end of summer over Labor Day weekend
- Mitsubishi Outlander an affordable competitorJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- Looking for a deal on a new sport utility vehicle that can haul seven people? Cost-conscious car shoppers should give the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
- Farm-to-Fork Month in September at Midtown Farmers MarketPress Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The Midtown Association (MA) is pleased to offer fresh and fun ways to celebrate Farm-to-Fork month in September at the popular and thriving Midtown Farmers Market.
- Seniors First Awarded Grant to Facilitate 'Meals on Wheels'News Release
(Auburn, CA) - Seniors First is the recent recipient of a $6,000 grant from Placer Community Foundation. In support of its senior meal program Meals on Wheels
- Placer County Air Quality Advisory Issued Placer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Public Health Officer and Placer County Air Pollution Control Officer are issuing a joint air quality advisory to notify the public
- California Railroad Museum Recruiting VolunteersPress Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - All aboard for inspiration! California State Parks, the California State Railroad Museum & Foundation and Old Sacramento State Historic Park
- Reservations Required: Hidden Falls ParkingPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- Hidden Falls Regional Park's new online parking reservation system will be begin accepting reservations
- Wine Grape Harvest Begins in Monterey CountyNews Release
Monterey County, - Three weeks after the initial harvest for sparkling wine grapes, the harvest for still wine grapes has begun in Monterey County.
- FBI Teen Academy in Roseville for High School JuniorsFBI
Roseville, CA - Do you know a high school junior who is curious about the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and what it investigates?
- Roseville, Rocklin to Host Water Polo TournamentPlacer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA - The Sierra Shootout Water Polo Tournament will take place in Placer Valley on back to back weekends after Labor Day.
- Labor Day brings Scorching Heat & Fire ConcernsCAL Fire
California Fire Updates 2017: Sacramento - With record setting heat throughout the state, CAL FIRE officials are urging Californians to be extra careful with their outdoor plans this holiday weekend
- Young Adult Bereavement Art Group Begins September 20thNews Release
(Sacramento, Calif.)- The UC Davis Hospice Program and UC Davis Children's Hospital Bereavement Program will offer an eight-week Young Adult Bereavement Art Group
- Castle Rock State Park, Formidable Beauty in the Bay AreaTravel Staff
Los Gatos, CA- The Santa Cruz Mountains are beautiful. They can also be formidable and unforgiving.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (8.30.17)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Police activity log for Roseville through August 25, 2017.
- Roseville Gas Prices Up Following Hurricane HarveyGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Despite low oil prices, gas prices in Roseville are pushing higher following Hurricane Harvey.
- Pat Benatar and Toto Rock Enthusiastic Crowd at Thunder ValleyMusic Enthusiast
Lincoln, CA- The 1980's made a triumphant return to Thunder Valley this past weekend with Pat Benatar headlining a double bill with Toto.
- Roseville Cooling Centers Amidst Heat WaveCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA - The City of Roseville will be extending hours at the Downtown Roseville Library beginning Thursday, August 31 to specifically serve as a cooling center due
- Civic Lab Tackles Local Transportation ChallengesNews Release
SACRAMENTO, CA,- A new initiative, Civic Lab challenges the local governments in the six-county Sacramento region to address local transportation challenges and to pilot test technology-based solutions
- The Drug-Free, Non-Surgical Therapy That's Curing Chronic PainRevée
Did you know 1 in 4 Americans have suffered from pain lasting more than 24-hours?
- Model Home Permits Issued for Riolo Vineyards Specific PlanPlacer County
Roseville, CA -- Placer County reached a major housing development milestone as the county issued building permits for 11 model homes to be constructed
- YES Concert Wows Crowd at Mountain WineryMusic Enthusiast
Saratoga, CA- Coming of age, few bands captured a young man's imagination quite like the pioneering progressive rock band, YES.
- PCWA Files Suit Against California WaterFix Press Release
AUBURN, Calif. - On August 17, 2017, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) filed suit in Placer County Superior Court challenging the California Department of Water Resources'