Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Roseville Gas Prices Tick Down: Find the Best DealsGasBuddy
Roseville gas prices are down slightly this week and are expected to have peaked for 2015. That's good news for summer travelers and commuters.
- PAC Track and Field Championships in Rocklin at Whitney HighPlacer Valley Tourism
Rocklin, CA - The Pacific Association Youth Championships (PAC) for track and field will take place at Whitney High School in Rocklin on May 30-31.
- Tahoe City Bridge Nears ApprovalPlacer County
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Board vote remains for final approval of new bridge in Tahoe City
- Roseville Sorority Chapter Supports Former Foster Youth at Sierra CollegeNews Release
Susan Goto and Carol Sue Acres, representing the Alpha Delta Kappa Beta ETA Chapter in Roseville, stopped by the Sierra College Foundation Office
- Roseville Chamber of Commerce Events June 2015Roseville Chamber
The Roseville Chamber of Commerce gears up for another month of business events for June 2015.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (5.26.15)Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police Department's weekly crime report digest update, May 26, 2015.
- Lexus LS 460: Performance & LuxuryJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
When you get behind the wheel of the LS 460, there's no second guessing that this is indeed a luxury sedan.
- Adult Literacy in Placer CountyRandi Swisley League of Women Voters - Op-ed
A local business owner in her mid-30's recently contacted the Placer Adult Literacy Service (PALS) requesting tutoring.
- Attempted Murder Arrest in RocklinRocklin Police Department
Joseph Thomas Spera, 22, from Auburn was arrested by Rocklin Police for attempted murder of victim by stabbing.
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Sugar MagnoliaStaff Report
In a nod to the recent Dear Jerry Celebration held at the Merriweather Post Pavilion and an online request, we step back in time 32 years to June 1983.
- Memorial Day Weekend : All Aboard as Railroad Season BeginsPress Release
When the whistle blows Memorial Day weekend it will be full steam ahead this summer aboard the historic Virginia & Truckee Railroad
- Pediatric Telemedicine Consults Deliver Cost SavingsUC Davis
Researchers at UC Davis have conducted a comprehensive study to determine whether pediatric telemedicine consultations with rural emergency departments
- Auburn Library Opens with Flooring Project CompletionPlacer County
The Auburn branch of the Placer County Library has been closed since May 1
- Squaw Valley High Profile Development ProposedPress Release
A proposed high-profile project is in the works that would transform 94 acres in Squaw Valley into a development offering numerous resort residential options and amenities
- $900,000 Window Project: Placer County Courthouse AuburnPlacer County
Work is under way on a construction project that will restore and repair aging windows at Placer County's Historic Courthouse in Auburn.
- When 20 Billion Gallons of Water Savings is Not EnoughPCWA
Drought Watch: Even though customers from 19 Sacramento-area water agencies have saved more than 20 billion gallons
- Granite Bay Cuts Water Use 32 PercentSan Juan Water District
Drought Watch: Customers in San Juan Water District's retail service area reduced their water use by 32 percent in April compared to 2013.
- American River Project: Water Transfer ApprovedPCWA
Drought Watch: At the May 21 meeting of the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors, the Board approved a resolution authorizing the release of 12,000 acre-feet
- 5 Skills Adolescents Need for a Successful and Satisfying LifeLinda Mornell
"During the physical, emotional and intellectual explosions of the adolescent years, it's critical that teenagers develop a belief in their own ability to succeed
- Auburn Non-Profit Above All Adventures Utilizes IndiegogoNews Release
In Placer County, 13 is the average age for first time alcohol and illegal prescription use, and binge drinking increases threefold between 9th and 11th graders
- Raley's and iFoster Launch Foster Youth Hiring ProgramNews Release
iFoster has partnered with Raley's Family of Fine Stores to develop a new hiring program for foster youth.
- Kaiser Permanente Roseville Honors Fallen for Memorial DayPress Release
Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center held a special ceremony yesterday honoring the memories of all who have died on behalf of our country
- Pharmacies Robbed as Police Seek SuspectSheriff's Dept.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in identifying a man suspected of robbing pharmacies
- Despite Drought, Middle Fork Project Covers CostsPlacer County
Drought Watch: The Middle Fork Project, a system of dams, reservoirs and electrical generation facilities in eastern Placer County, continues to hum along
- Women Warriors Through History in RocklinSierra College
A new photo art exhibit graces the hallway on the second floor of the Sierra College Rocklin Campus
- Ryan Davis to join Sierra College as VP of Human ResourcesSierra College
Rocklin, CA- - At their May Board Meeting the Sierra College Board of Trustees approved the hiring of Ryan Davis
- Autism Speaks Walk at River Cats StadiumATOU Cares.org
Walk Now for Autism Speaks takes place at River Cats Stadium on May 31, 2015. ( via ATOU Cares.org)
- Lacrosse Recruiting Showcase in Roseville May 29-31Placer Valley Tourism
Rocklin, CA - Swashbuckler Lacrosse is thrilled to announce their first ever Laxapalooza Recruiting Showcase that will take place at Maidu Park in Roseville
- Kidney Cancer Secrets Revealed?UC Davis
An international team of scientists, led by UC Davis nephrologist Robert Weiss, have used a sophisticated combination of proteomics and metabolomics to show how
- Placer County Fair Entry Deadline May 22Placer County Fair
ROSEVILLE, CA. - Blue ribbons are waiting for the hundreds of classes that can be entered in the annual Placer County Fair
- Placer County Mulls Over Budget ConsiderationsPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors took a close look Tuesday at several key budget challenges that will face the county next fiscal year
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (5-20-15)Rocklin Police Department
Crime report digest update for Rocklin, California from the period of May 11- 17, 2015.
- Make A Difference:Youth Commission Seeks TeensPlacer County
Making a difference and providing a voice for youth have been the hallmark for the Placer County Youth Commission.
- Bring Back the Sunday Dinner to Benefit SeniorsNews Release
"For seniors, it's not what's on their plate that matters most at mealtime - it's who is at the table with them,"
- Roseville Charter School to Purchase Heald College ComplexJohn Adams Academy
Officials from John Adams Academy (JAA) charter school in Roseville announced they are in agreement to purchase the former Heald College
- Gas Prices Hold Steady: Best Deals in RosevilleGas Buddy
Average retail gasoline prices have not moved in the past week, averaging $3.54/g yesterday
- Public Administration Program at WJUPress Release
To meet an increasing demand and market niche, William Jessup University now offers a Public Administration degree program beginning fall 2015.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica visits RosevilleCity of Roseville
"The Moving Wall", a half-sized replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C. will be at Royer Park in Roseville, California
- ATOU receives Sierra Sacramento Valley Society Alliance GrantNews Release
A Touch of Understanding (ATOU) is proud to announce that they are the recipient of a Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society Alliance Grant.
- Raley's Continues Long-Term Family OwnershipPress Release
Jim and Joyce Raley Teel have announced they will transfer majority ownership of Raley's Family of Fine Stores to their son, Michael Teel, the company's President & CEO.
- Scion tC features sports-car like qualitiesJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Everyone liked the look of the 2015 Scion tC, a stylish coup that is technically a hatchback
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Uncle John's BandStaff Report
Turn back the clock to December 26, 1979 for this classic version of Uncle John's Band at the Oakland Auditorium
- Coast-to-Coast: Tesla Breaks World Records?Press Release
The electric vehicle (EV) coast-to-coast world record was unofficially broken by a team of six with an elapsed drive and charge time of just 58 hours and 55 minutes
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (5.16.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville crime report digest update for May 16, 2015.
- WJU Senior Wins ScholarshipPress Release
Hannah Fenn, 23, a senior at William Jessup University's (WJU) School of Public Policy in Rocklin, is the recipient of Trinity Law School's 2015 God and Governing Award
- Local Students Honored for Military Service AppointmentsPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors joined Rep. Tom McClintock's staff recently recognizing six local students
- Roseville Water Restrictions TightenedCity of Roseville
Drought Watch: The City of Roseville announced additional water-use restrictions for Roseville water customers in light of Governor Brown's Executive Order
- Sierra College Shines at SMUD Solar RegattaSierra College
The Sierra College Solar Energy Program Team spent last Saturday May 9 competing in the Northern California SMUD Solar Regatta at the Rancho Seco Recreational Area
- Hiltzik Wrong to Criticize Aircraft Tax Reform MeasureGeorge Runner & Fiona Ma / Op-ed
In early May, Los Angeles Times columnist Michael Hiltzik unfairly criticized a State Board of Equalization-supported proposal to simplify property tax assessment of airline property in California
- Emilie Blate Named Women's Hoops Coach at WJUNews Release
Following a national search, William Jessup University hired a local product, recently naming former Del Oro High School standout Emilie Blate
- Auburn Schools Benefit in Dutch Bros. FundraiserPress Release
Dutch Bros. Coffee in Auburn raised $4,400, benefitting both E.V. Cain STEM Charter Middle School and Placer High School Performing Arts Department
- Roseville Gas Prices: Best DealsGas Buddy
Roseville gas prices have recently surged. See where you can snag the lowest local gas prices.
- One Killed in Newcastle Shooting, Police Hunt SuspectSheriff's Dept.
Placer County Sheriff's detectives are working a homicide on Oakhurst Way, Newcastle.
- Murder Suspect in Rocklin ArrestedSheriff's Dept.
Rocklin Police have surrounded an apartment near Whitney High School in pursuit of 28 year old murder suspect.
- J Beverly Hills Celebrity Colour Creator at True Image Salon May 22-23Press Release
Roseville Salon Continues Month-long Fundraiser for Breast Cancer
- Open Forum on Homelessness in Roseville May 21News Release
Open Forum on Homelessness in Roseville May 21 hosted by Placer Collaborative Network, a project of Placer Community Foundation.
- Life Time Athletic Roseville OpensPress Release
Two-story, 307,000-square-foot premier health, fitness and spa destination creates more than 300 jobs; offers a broad array of interest-driven programs, services and amenities for all ages
- Placer SPCA's Woof Wine & Dine in Roseville May 29thPress Release
Placer SPCA's Woof Wine & Dine takes place this year on May 29th in Roseville at the Vernon Street Town Square.
- New Construction Homes: Getting StartedJulie Jalone
Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, starts a new series of new construction home reviews and tips for potential buyers when the visit the builder showroom
- Volkswagen Touareg: Classy luxury SUVJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
The 2015 Volkswagen Touareg features a classy look, a smartly-designed interior, plenty of performance, and is loaded with standard features.