Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- PCWA Limits Outdoor Watering to Two Days Per Week
Drought Watch: Directors of the Placer County Water Agency on Thursday (July 31) adopted new drought emergency regulations as mandated by the State Water Resources Control Board.
- Autism and Fragile X Participants sought for Memory Study
UC Davis MIND Institure
The UC Davis MIND Institute is seeking participants for a study examining the benefits of a computer-based, game-oriented training program for enhancing working memory in children and adolescents with autism and fragile X syndrome.
- California State Parks: Sweeping Changes On The Way?
The Parks Forward Commission, an independent panel of experts charged by the Legislature and Governor to review the future of the state's park system, issued its draft plan
- Placer United Soccer Claims San Diego Surf Cup
Staff Report / soccerloco
The Placer United 97B Red soccer team claimed the San Diego Surf Cup with a 3-1 victory over Marin FC 97 Blue in the Men’s U18 Super bracket
- Severe Drought Spurs Additional Water Saving Measures
Drought Watch: As the lingering effects of a multi-year drought continue to cast their parched shadow on much of California, Placer County continues to take steps to reduce water use and eliminate water waste.
- Rocklin Unified Violated Law with Employee Retaliation
A recent ruling by Administrative Law Judge Robin W. Wesley has found that the Rocklin Unified School District broke the law by retaliating against four employees and violated Educational Employment Relations Act
- California Drought Brings Emergency Regulations
State of California
Drought Watch: An emergency regulation to increase conservation practices for all Californians is now in effect.
- Concerns Addressed Over Truckee River Rafting Trash
With the commercial rafting operations on the Truckee River over for the year, Placer County is working with partners to provide cleanup of the trash and debris along the river.
- Roseville Developer Begins Senior Community in Elk Grove
USA Properties Fund will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for Arbor Creek Senior Apartments at 10:30 a.m., Aug. 4, at the project site located at Elk Grove-Florin and Calvine roads
- Lincoln Man Serving Aboard the Navy's USS Somerset
Petty Officer 1st Class Brian West, an aviation boatswain's mate from Lincoln, Calif. and 2003 graduate of Lincoln High School, is serving in the U.S. Navy aboard USS Somerset
- Rep. Tom McClintock Announces August Town Hall Meetings
Roseville, CA -- U.S. Rep. Tom McClintock (CA-04) has announced a series of town hall meetings in August.
- Hidden Falls Regional Park Receives Grant
Placer County's "gem of the foothills," Hidden Falls Regional Park, is the recipient of a grant that will fund innovative projects protecting long-term ecological values and economic viability
- Roseville, Rocklin among California's Best Cities for Home Ownership
Kamran Rosen / Nerd Wallet - reprinted with permission
In a recent Nerd Wallet report, Rocklin, Folsom, and Roseville, rank 11th through 13th (respectively) among California's Best Cities for Homeownership.
- Roseville Financial Advisor Sentenced for Ripping Off Clients
Dept of Justice
Michelle Lee Kern, 36, who worked as a licensed financial advisor at Ameriprise Financial Services Inc. in Roseville has been sentenced to 46 months in prison.
- Roseville to Host Senior Softball Western National Championships
Placer Valley Tourism
Roseville will play host this August to the Senior Softball Western National Championships
- Sacramento County Opposes Bay Delta Conservation Plan
This week the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors formally submitted comments challenging the findings of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) state environmental
- California Would Create More Jobs Without Prop 30
George Runner / Op-ed
In his recent piece for The Sacramento Bee, "State's job growth defies predictions after tax increases," David Cay Johnston argues that California's recent job creation numbers prove
- Tahoe Bike Classic Sept. 27 & 28
The inaugural Tahoe Bike Classic will take over the Lake Tahoe basin this fall, September 27 & 28, 2014.
- PCWA Comments on Bay Delta Conservation Plan
Drought Watch: PCWA expresses concern about future water supply reliability for Placer County and claims EIR fails to consider key issues.
- Different Standards From Mortgage Lenders
Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, reports on a recent Fannie Mae survey which indicates there may be a growing difference in credit standards between small and large lenders. Which do you think has the tighter credit standards? Check out Julie's article and find out.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.29.14)
Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 29, 2014.
- Honor Bowl Games at Del Oro August 2014
ROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University announced today that it will serve as a sponsor for the Northern and Southern California 2014 Honor Bowl football games.
- 3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents Jailed
Ashleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
- Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer Drivers
Local gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
- Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14th
Arguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
- Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental Review
With the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
- Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research Awards
Research could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
- Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New Members
City of Roseville
The Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
- Adoption Involving Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Laura Bloch adored his picture. "My husband and I had just been approved through an adoption agency and the agency sent out a letter with a picture of a child on it,"
- Hyundai scores with Santa Fe SUVs
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
One of Hyundai's more impressive vehicles is the 2014 Santa Fe, a sport utility vehicle that has three rows and seats seven. It replaced the 2012 Veracruz in the Hyundai lineup.
- Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
George Runner / Op-ed
It's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system
- Should Art be added to STEM?
The Sierra College STEM Collaborative published "Exploring STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics" by Elizabeth Dayton, Ph.D. to explore the evidence in support of adding arts and innovation to the national effort to encourage STEM education and careers.
- Supervisors Convene at Squaw Valley for Tahoe Issues
Placer County, CA -- Under warm and partly cloudy July Sierra Nevada skies, the Placer Board of Supervisors held a regularly scheduled two-day meeting in Squaw Valley.
- Border Crisis and Illegal Immigration in the United States
Congressman Tom McClintock
Congressman McClintock recently delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the United States Border Crisis.
- Placer County Wines Honored with 52 Awards
Placer County Wine Trail wines have delighted judges' taste buds again at this year's California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
- Influences of Cognitive Abilities in Old Age Study
Early life experiences, such as childhood socioeconomic status and literacy, may have greater influence on the risk of cognitive impairment late in life than such demographic characteristics
- Big Check Scam Targets Roseville Business
Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA -- Recently a Roseville business person received a large order for merchandise from an overseas destination.
- Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer County
Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
- Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement Offers
California Contractors State License Board
The California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
- Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20th
Sierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network