Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- U2 Tour 2015: Tickets Selling QuicklyStaff Report
U2 will return to the stage on May 14 north of the border at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia to kick off their 2015 Innocence + Experience World Tour
- Kia Sedona Minivan Delivers More in Redesigned VersionJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Kia redesigned its minivan and didn't hesitate to make some significant changes. Borrowing a time-honored line when it comes to remodeling, the 2015 Kia Sedona arrived new and improved.
- Nelson Earned PhD Despite Three DisabilitiesDaniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
"I grew up in a time when no one understood ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)," said 53-year-old Eric Nelson of Sacramento, California, in a telephone interview.
- Garth Brooks Tickets: Six Nights in SacramentoStaff Report
Saddle up cowboys and cowgirls! Garth Brooks will be making the first California appearance on his current world tour
- David Boesch Honored at North Lake Tahoe Awards DinnerPress Release
Placer County Executive Officer David Boesch was presented the Public Servant of the Year Award at the North Lake Tahoe 61st Annual Community Awards
- Sierra College CACT Partnership Wins AwardPress Release
Sierra College, the California Conservation Corps and Golden Sierra Job Training Agency were recognized by the Placer County Economic Development Board
- Van Halen to play Shoreline Amphitheatre on July 16Van Halen
For Northern California fans, Van Halen's only scheduled area appearance will take place at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View on July 16.
- Maria Menounos: Special Olympics Global AmbassadorSpecial Olympics
The Special Olympics has announced that author and television personality Maria Menounos of E! is joining the Special Olympics family as the movement's newest Global Ambassador.
- Jessica's Law Enforcement Changes Prompt ResponseGeorge Runner / Op-ed
Jessica's Law authors George and Sharon Runner today responded to a decision by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to stop enforcing Jessica's Law residency
- Republicans Start Swinging in Auburn Golf BattleStaff Report
Auburn, CA- The temperature are rising and Republicans will be heating it up in Auburn at the 4th Annual Placer County Republican Golf Tournament
- Roseville Solar City Location Looks to Fill 300 JobsPress Release
SolarCity , one of the nation's leading solar providers, announced its move into a vast new Roseville, California office to accommodate its growing local staff.
- Joyce and Jim Raley Teel & Joseph Gallo HonoredNews Release
More than 700 guests came out to honor Joyce and Jim Raley Teel, Raley's Family of Fine Stores and Joseph E. Gallo at their induction into the California Grocers Association Educational
- Vacation Deals: On Tight BudgetsStaff Report
Let's face it, we all love our vacation time. A time to break off from everyday routines, ditch a portion of the responsibility we call life and enjoy doing what we love
- Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 5)Staff Report
Part 5 in the countdown to #1 to the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California
- Placer County Ranks #1 in Quality of Life, Second HealthiestPlacer County
For the third consecutive year, Placer County has ranked as the second healthiest county among California's 58 counties.
- Nonprofits Team Up at Summit in LincolnPress Release
Placer Community Foundation's Fifth Annual Nonprofit Leadership Summit was held on March 20th at the Orchard Creek Ballroom at Sun City, Lincoln.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (3-26-15)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest update for the period of March 16- 22, 2015
- Roseville City Jail Slated for ConversionCity of Roseville
The Roseville City Council has approved the conversion of the Roseville City Jail to an arrestee processing center when
- A Blue Tie Affair: KidsFirst Annual Luncheon April 16thPress Release
The 17th Annual Signature Luncheon promoting awareness for Child Abuse Prevention will be hosted by retired PCWA General Manager David Breninger and his wife Linda.
- Rocklin Home for Sale: Retreat at Whitney OaksHomes for Sale
A brand new, custom home on Whitney Oaks golf course lot is now available in Rocklin.
- Gas Prices: All Over the PlaceGas Buddy
The national average has increased 12.1 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 110.6 cents per gallon lower than this day one year ago.
- $57K for Reflective Pavement Markers in Placer CountyPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Tuesday to approve a $57,621 contract with Central Striping Service Inc. to install recessed reflective pavement markers
- Riolo Vineyards Project Changes ApprovedPlacer County
Changes to plans for the Riolo Vineyard, an approved development in western Placer County, moved forward Tuesday when the Placer County Board of Supervisors
- Roseville Chamber of Commerce Events April 2015Roseville Chamber
Upcoming events for the Roseville Chamber of Commerce for the month of April 2015.
- Cognitive Decline Worse in Men or Women?UC Davis
A study published online in JAMA Neurology finds there are multiple factors contributing to cognitive decline throughout adulthood.
- Moose Finds Way Home to Lake Tahoe ResortSheriff's Dept.
Due to media coverage, on March 23, 2015 a citizen came forward stating he had located Sunnyside's moose head.
- Public Says No to Placer County Library Closure PlansPlacer County
At the urging of the Placer County Board of Supervisors, the planned April 7 vote about a proposal to close the Meadow Vista and Loomis branch libraries will be delayed
- Free Tax Filing: Your OptionsStaff Report
Free Tax Filing is now easier than ever through a partnership between the IRS and a nonprofit coalition of tax software companies.
- 50 Days of the Dead: It Must Have Been the RosesStaff Report
New Year's Eve December 31, 1981 find the Dead as they return home to the Bay Area.
- Roseville Teachers of the Year: Jill Reidt & Jason PerroneRCSD
Roseville City School District's 2015 Teachers of the Year announced.
- Costco Faces Wrongful Death LawsuitNews Release
Today the food safety lawyers at Ron Simon & Associates filed the nation's first wrongful death lawsuit stemming from the hepatitis A outbreak linked to a Townsend Farms frozen berry blend sold at Costco stores
- Eliminating California State Income Tax: A Good Idea?George Runner / Op-ed
During a discussion at the 2015 Cal Tax Annual Members meeting, Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner called for a meaningful public discourse on tax reform ideas
- Lower Gas Prices: Welcome Relief, with a CatchPCTPA
When you fill up your tank in California, you pay 18 cents per gallon for the State fuel tax and 18.4 cents per gallon for the Federal fuel tax
- Unlimited-Data Plans, T-Mobile Rocks It AgainStaff Report
It was just over a year ago that we dumped AT&T due to poor treatment and headed over to T-Mobile.
- Come Into the Woods in Rocklin April 17- 26, 2015Press Release
The Patrons, a volunteer arm of the Sierra College Foundation, invite the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization to attend the April 6 meeting
- March of Dimes Fundraiser in RosevilleNews Release
Residents of Mistywood, a local independent senior living community in Roseville, are passionate about giving back to the community whenever they can.
- Arsenic in Wine: Danger or Just Sour Grapes?Staff Report
A former wine distributor who started a laboratory to test wines claims he tested over 1,300 bottles of wine and that almost 25% of those wines possess arsenic levels higher than the EPA's maximum.
- Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 4)Staff Report
Part 4 in our countdown of the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California.
- High-Speed Internet: US and California Lag BehindStaff Report
Did you know that the United States does not rank in the top 10 in the world when it comes to High-Speed Internet?
- Pollen Count: More Than AllergiesStaff Report
For many, the high pollen counts of spring deliver a brutal dose of incessant sneezing, running nose and watery eyes.
- French Inspires Others to Change ThinkingDaniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
We both had been drinking. We fell forward and hit the pavement with his body on top of me. I broke my neck at the sixth vertebra.
- Hyundai Sonata: Delivers Plenty of ValueJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
These days the 2015 Hyundai Sonata might not be on top, but it's not far from it. And that's saying a lot considering its prime rivals are the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry,
- High Cholesterol: What Not to EatStaff Report
When it comes to cholesterol, it seems the guidelines change regularly. Heart disease is the #1 leading killer in the United States
- Madonna Tour 2015: Tickets and DatesStaff Report
Madonna is slated to hold court at Miami's American Airlines Arena on August 29th to kick off the North American Leg of her Rebel Heart Tour.
- Optimistic Outlook at Placer County Economic SummitPlacer County
The keynote speaker had good news for the approximately 200 people who attended the 24th annual Placer County Economic Development Summit
- Teacher Recruitment Fair at Elk Grove UnifiedPress Release
The EGUSD will hold a two-day recruitment fair this Friday and Saturday.
- Sacramento County Fair Seeks Competitive ExhibitsPress Release
Sacramento County residents have the opportunity to enter over 40 types of exhibits during the annual Sacramento County Fair May 21-25, 2015
- New Mourning is Now Insights Counseling ServicesPress Release
For over a decade, New Mourning Counseling Services has served the South Placer community and provided psychological and therapeutic assistance through life's many trials
- California Amps Up Water Regulations, PCWA RespondsPress Release
Drought Watch: PCWA Responds to California Water Conservation regulations
- 50 Days of the Dead: Willie and the Hand JiveStaff Report
Kick-off the weekend. The Grateful Dead boogie through the 1958 Johnny Otis classic April 4, 1987 at the Centrum in Worcester, Massachussetts.
- AntiVirus Software: The Top PerformersStaff Report
Anti Virus software is among the most important components of a secure computer. With all the marketing hype, and recommendations of friends, family and co-workers, how do you know
- Should Green Car Drivers Feel Guilty?George Runner / Op-ed
If you own a hybrid or electric vehicle, you probably feel pretty good about yourself. After all, you’ve made a
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms Lead to DiagnosisDaniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Lori Maynard learned that her daughter had rheumatoid arthritis
- Kraft Macaroni & Cheese RecallKraft Foods
Kraft Foods Group is voluntarily recalling approximately 242,000 cases of select code dates and manufacturing codes of the Original flavor of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- Blue Line Arts Center in Roseville Unveils Digital Art LabNews Release
ROSEVILLE -- Students will be able to explore and use their creativity in a new unique way at Blue Line Arts in Roseville.
- 7 Shot, 3 Killed in Stockton ShootingStockton Police Department
In an area known for gang activity, seven people were shot and three killed in what appears to be a drive by shooting in Stockton, according to police.
- Roseville Concert Series at Town SquareCity of Roseville
For those looking for a more low-key and casual alternative to large shows, the Downtown Roseville concert series serves up some fun.
- Seniors First Launches New Home-Delivery Meal ProgramNews Release
(Auburn, CA) - In response to client demand, Seniors First will soon launch a new program designed to provide homebound seniors with hot meals and daily social interaction.
- Affordable Housing in Auburn at Quartz Ridge Getting Underway Press Release
A new community will help meet the need for affordable family housing in Auburn, while offering access to a nearby shopping center, elementary school and public state park.
- Roseville Car Thieves Strike Crocker RanchRoseville Police Dept.
Between March 11 and March 15, three 1990s model Honda sedans were stolen during the night from the Crocker Ranch area of Roseville.