Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: One More Saturday NightStaff Report
A return to 1972 across the pond at Wembley Empire Pool find The Dead ripping through a scorching version of One More Saturday Night
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.2.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update for Roseville, July 2, 2015.
- Opinion: Let's Be CivilRandi Swisley League of Women Voters - Op-ed
Accelerating the decline of citizen engagement in our government are two notable demographic shifts underway
- Dry Lightning Boosts Northern California Fire RiskCalFire
Drought Watch: CAL FIRE has increased staffing due to forecasted dry lightning and strong winds throughout much of northern California
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Lady with a FanStaff Report
We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice." ~ Jerry Garcia
- Placer County Foster Children in Need of Mentor VolunteersNews Release
Child Advocates of Placer County is currently in need of 30 new volunteers to become Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) or Mentors
- Fireworks Safety Tips this Fourth of JulyCalFire
With the Independence Day holiday rapidly approaching, CAL FIRE is reminding all Californians and visitors to do their part to prevent fires caused by illegal fireworks
- California Senate Committee Kills Sex Offender Bill SB54Sharon Runner
Senator Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) announced her legislation to make sex-offender residency restrictions more workable
- California Lowers Excise Tax Rate on GasGeorge Runner
State Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced that California's excise tax on gasoline will decrease by six cents per gallon
- Dots and dashes changed Zachary Barnum's lifeDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
This 17-year-old resident of Fredericksburg, Virginia, who is legally blind in one eye due to optic nerve hypoplasia and has a form of bipolar disorder (ATOU Cares.org)
- John Adams Academy Finalizes Purchase of Campus in RosevilleNews Release
Roseville, CA - Officials from John Adams Academy (JAA) charter school in Roseville announced today they have finalized the purchase of the former Heald College building
- Roseville Hosting Chicks with Sticks Lacrosse TournamentPlacer Valley Tourism
Swashbuckler Lacrosse is breaking new ground with their upcoming Chicks with Sticks Lacrosse Tournament on July 11-12
- Attempts to change Proposition 13 are misguidedGeorge Runner / Op-ed
There's been no shortage of attempts in recent years in the State Legislature to overhaul Proposition 13-California's landmark initiative protecting homeowners and small business owners
- Placer County Water Agency UpdatesPCWA
AUBURN, Calif. - Recessing from their June 25, 2015 Board meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors
- Roseville Gas Prices Push Below $2.90 GallonGasBuddy
Roseville gas prices are trending downward, recently pushing below the $2.90 mark at a few locations throughout the city.
- Gruesome Murders in Roseville Under InvestigationSheriff's Dept.
The two men found shot and burning in Roseville Thursday night have died and the Placer County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in solving this heinous crime.
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Truckin' at Levi's StadiumStaff Report
Truckin' opens the Fare Thee Well Run in Santa Clara, CA at Levi's Stadium on June 27, 2015. Full setlist.
- Honda Accord Hybrid offers great performance, gas mileageJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
If you're considering purchasing a Honda Accord, the dilemma one could face is one of its primary competitors is conceivably the Accord Hybrid.
- Public Input Sought for Possible Auburn Area Community CenterPlacer County
Studying the feasibility of a potential community center that will serve people of all ages in the Auburn area is the focus of a Placer County effort that's now underway
- Sierra College & Hacker Lab Open House in RocklinPress Release
Sierra College and Hacker Lab invite the community to an Open House on Tuesday, June 30 from 5:30-7:00 PM at 4804 Granite Dr., in Rocklin
- Dan Dugger to manage Rocklin Bass Pro Shops Outdoor WorldPress Release
Dan Dugger has been named store manager for the newBass Pro Shops Outdoor World store, which opens late summer in Rocklin, California.
- Roseville Utility Rate Hikes Begin July 1stCity of Roseville
The Roseville City Council approved two consecutive annual rate increases for wastewater services that will kick in on July 1, 2015.
- Santucci Memorial Golf Tournament in Roseville this SeptemberPress Release
The 12th annual Bill Santucci Memorial Golf Tournament will take place Friday, Sept. 18 at Sierra View Country Club in Roseville.
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: To Lay Me DownStaff Report
September 18, 1990. The Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden performing To Lay Me Down.
- Whole Foods Under Fire: Systemic Overcharging AllegedDepartment of Consumer Affairs (NY)
An investigation in California, which began in 2012, also found pricing irregularities in the state's Whole Foods stores
- Folsom, Sacramento Reach Settlement on Mather Airport ExpansionCity of Folsom
Folsom, CA - The City of Folsom and Sacramento County announced a settlement today over plans to expand Mather Airport.
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Feel Like a StrangerStaff Report
March 22, 1990. The Dead rolled into their 4th decade on another creative peak
- South Lake Tahoe Fireworks and 4th of July EventsPress Release
South Lake Tahoe - "Lights on the Lake," the largest Fourth of July fireworks display in the west, continues the tradition at the "Best Lake in America,"
- Placer County Fair June 25- 28, 2015
Placer County, CA - The Placer County Fair returns to the Fairgrounds in Roseville from June 25-28, 2015 with a plethora of family fun and entertainment
- Roseville Nonprofit Honored by EPANews Release
EPA recognized PRIDE Industries of Roseville, Calif., for helping consumers and businesses select products with safer chemical ingredients
- PG&E Awards Sierra College $59,000 for Energy Efficiency UpgradesPress Release
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) has awarded Sierra College with $59,000 in energy efficiency rebates which will save the center about $835,000 a year in energy costs
- Runner Calls for Aggressive Regulation of Medical MarijuanaGeorge Runner / Op-ed
As a lifelong conservative, I'm no fan of government regulation. Even so, I'm convinced it's time for California to aggressively regulate the medical marijuana industry.
- Medical Marijuana Is Here to Stay - It's Time to Regulate It AccordinglyPaul Armentano(Deputy Director of NORML)
It is a testament to failed political leadership that, nearly 20 years later, lawmakers in Sacramento are just now exhibiting the courage to fulfill voters' mandate and regulate this substance appropriately.
- California Fires Update Summary (6.23.15)CalFire
California Fire Updates 2015: More than 4,000 firefighters continue to make good progress battling eight major wildfires in California.
- Climate Change Threatening California Trout?Press Release
Climate change, loss of genetic integrity from hybridization among biggest threats in California and western Nevada
- California Sets Record; Surpasses UK, France, Spain in Installed Solar CapacityRhone Resch
If California was a nation, it would rank 6th in the world in installed solar energy capacity.
- 2016 Mazda6 Impresses: There's a Lot to Like Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
The 2016 Mazda6 is a fine midsize sedan with a lot of enviable qualities, which include affordability, styling, family-friendly interior space, plus solid fuel economy and performance
- Roseville Gas Prices: Going DownGas Buddy
Roseville, CA -- Getting on the road again continues to get a little easier for cash-strapped travelers this summer. Gas prices are trending downward
- U.S. Senior Open Championship Traffic and Parking InfoPress Release
As the 2015 U.S. Senior Open Championship begins, local residents are reminded that there will be changes in normal traffic patterns around the Del Paso Country Club
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: All New Minglewood BluesStaff Report
The Grateful Dead tear into this version of All New Minglewood Blues in Southern California on February 26, 1977 at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernadino.
- Rocklin Man Charged with Murdering FatherDistrict Attorney's Office
Murder charges have been filed against Robert Carlo Yandolino, 25, of Rocklin, relating to the shooting death of his father
- Teen Killed: Party Turns Deadly in Rancho CordovaRancho Cordova PD
Officers discovered a 17-year old Hispanic male unconscious in the street, suffering from a gunshot wound
- Registering at Sierra College? Get HelpSierra College
Sierra College Rocklin Campus is offering a helping hand for new students who need some assistance with the registration process
- New Life Sierra Relocates to Roseville News Release
After an exhaustive, year-long search for a larger location, New Life Sierra (NLS) pregnancy center announced this week they have settled into their new digs Roseville
- Public Budgets in California and Placer CountyRandi Swisley League of Women Voters - Op-ed
It is budgeting season for our state, county and cities. The fiscal year, beginning on July 1st, requires plans for how California will spend over $1 billion
- Rooster Tails Fishing Club Breakfast in Auburn Open to PublicPress Release
The Rooster Tails Fishing Club breakfast meeting will be held on Friday, June 19, 2015 at the Auburn Elks Lodge
- Loomis Soroptimist Club Wins Membership AwardPress Release
Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin (SILB) won the "Blanche Edgar Award for Extension" for having the greatest percentage of membership growth and retention
- 50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Wharf RatStaff Report
October 7, 1977 at University Of New Mexico in Albuquerque find the Dead rolling through a sweet version of Wharf Rat.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (6-18-15)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin weekly crime report digest update for the period covering June 8 - 14, 2015.
- Runner Blast Democrats on Taxes in BudgetGeorge Runner / Op-ed
State Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner issued the following statement in response to news of a budget deal in which Governor Brown
- $803 Million Budget Proposed for Placer CountyPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to approve an $803 million proposed budget for the fiscal year that begins July 1.
- Camping Ban Targets Homeless Encampment in Placer CountyPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors acted to prohibit unauthorized camping and storing of personal property on county properties - including the Placer County Government Center
- Raley's Food For Families Program Produce for Food BanksPress Release
Raley's Food For Families has launched its refresh campaign, designed to increase the availability of fresh fruits and vegetables at food banks throughout Northern California and Nevada
- Wheelchair Tournament Brings Top Tennis Talent to RosevilleATOU Cares.org
Sacramento Capitals Wheelchair Tennis Association (SCWTA) is thrilled to announce their 13th annual tournament will be taking place in Roseville (via ATOU Cares.org)
- 2015 Audi A3: A Smart, Compact Luxury ModelJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
The Audi A3 convertible - called the Cabriolet - was driven here and was totally enjoyable, especially on a spur-of the-moment drive to Lake Tahoe.
- Ronald Reagan Statue Unveiling in Sacramento June 22Press Release
On Monday, June 22 at 11 a.m., the Ronald Reagan Centennial Capitol Foundation will unveil a memorial Statue of President Ronald Reagan
- Roseville Firefighters to Rally Downtown Over Labor DisputeNews Release
On Wednesday, June 17 at 6 p.m., the Roseville firefighters will hold a rally at Roseville City Hall Square to protest the Roseville City Council and their most recent rejection
- How To Get Arrested in Rocklin: Return to the Scene of the CrimeRocklin Police Department
In the early morning hours of Tuesday, June 16, Rocklin Police received a burglar alarm call at Quik Stop Market, 2850 Sunset Blvd.
- FBI Joins Placer County Bank Robbery InvestigationSheriff's Dept.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office is asking the public's help in identifying a man who robbed a bank in Meadow Vista Monday evening.
- Placer County Fair Carnival Tickets DiscountedPress Release
When you arrive Placer County Fair, waves of giggles and squeals from children will reach your ears as youngsters twirl, dip and bounce in their own special carnival adventure