Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- 50 Days of the Dead: Playing In The BandStaff Report
An extended, psychedelic version of Playing In The Band from the show that would be filmed and released as Sunshine Daydream.
- Bullers Went from Journalist to AdvocateDaniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Last week, I featured long-time journalist and disability advocate Finn Bullers of Kansas City, Kansas. I'm now featuring him again because of the breadth and depth of his accomplishments
- Rocklin Artist Diane Bell at Rocklin History MuseumCommunity Submission
Rocklin Artist Diane Bell at Rocklin History Museum to display several pieces of her work this weekend.
- California Legislation to Refund Illegal TaxesGeorge Runner / Op-ed
Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced today he is sponsoring legislation to extend common sense protections to taxpayers. Assembly Bill 867
- San Juan Water District Responds to CVP Federal Water AllocationsShauna Lorance
Drought Watch: We all know that California is facing an extraordinary drought. This morning's announcement of federal water allocations through the Central Valley Project is indicative
- Roseville Proposes 16.5 Percent Rate Hike for WaterCity of Roseville
The City of Roseville is holding two community meetings in March to update customers about proposed water and wastewater utility rate increases.
- Gas Prices: Get Ready for IncreaseGas Buddy
The transition from 'winter blend' to 'summer blend' gasoline always brings increases in retail gasoline prices, but nothing you've seen over the past year is likely to match
- Ecological Benefits of Large, Intense Wildland FiresSierra College
As the California drought continues, with the severity deemed extreme or exceptional, we are all bracing for an early and intense fire season
- 50 Days of the Dead: BerthaStaff Report
Grateful Dead play an acclaimed show across from the Big Apple in Jersey City, NJ. This version of Bertha captured on August 6, 1974
- Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off March 20thPress Release
2015 Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off will be held on Friday, March 20, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Maidu Community Center in Roseville
- Placer County Transit to Take Over Lincoln Bus ServicePlacer County
Placer County Transit is scheduled to take over operations of the City of Lincoln's fixed-route bus service beginning July 1.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (2.26.15)Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville weekly crime report digest update for February 26, 2015.
- Lake Tahoe: Amgen Tour Women's Race Seeks Volunteers
The Amgen Tour of California Women's Race at Lake Tahoe is seeking cycling aficionados to volunteer during the two stages, May 8-9.
- National Day of Prayer Breakfast Tickets: On Sale March 4thWJU
Tickets go on sale March 4th for the 10th annual National Day of Prayer Breakfast at William Jessup University.
- Eat Pancakes, Help Sick Children on March 2UC Davis
On Monday, March 2, pancake lovers can eat their fill of short-stack pancakes and make a donation to support sick and injured children at UC Davis Children's Hospital
- Patrons Club Invites Public on March 2Sierra College
The Patrons Club, a volunteer arm of the Sierra College Foundation, invites the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization
- Roseville Jogger Fights Off Attacker on TrailsRoseville Police Dept.
Woman attacked on Roseville trails. At 5:20 a.m. this morning a woman was attacked as she ran on the walking/biking trail near Summerhill Park, in the Highland Reserve
- Roseville Police Capture Murder Suspect Following Oakmont LockdownSacramento PD / Staff Report
The lockdown at Oakmont High School has now been lifted.
- $1.6 Million Energy Efficiency Retrofit Contract SigningPlacer County
Folsom Lake Ford expects to save big on a $1.6 million energy efficiency retrofit and solar project made available through the City of Folsom's green energy financing program
- Free Catalytic Converter Etching in RocklinSierra College
A free catalytic converter etching event on Saturday, March 7, 2015, at the Sierra College Auto Club
- California Gas Prices Spike: Passes $3 GallonGas Buddy
The California state average, which passed $3.00/gal. overnight, stands at $3.03, having increased by 22 cents in the past week and has spiked 58 cents during just the past 30 days
- Mortgages Finally Getting Easier to GetJulie Jalone
Roseville Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty, writes about the easing of credit requirements may be making it easier to buy a home.
- Physical Graffiti: 40 Years Ago TodayStaff Report
On this day 40 years ago, Led Zeppelin would release Physical Graffiti, a double album that would symbolize the band's high watermark of creativity and fame.
- Visit Heaven in Rocklin March 2- 23, 2015Events Update
Rocklin, CA-- Ridley Gallery at Sierra College presents "Heaven", an exhibition of ceramic installation by Rebekah Bogard
- Roseville Fire Department Recruiting for AcademyRoseville Fire Dept.
The Roseville Fire Department yesterday began a fire academy for nine new recruits to develop and train our next group of Roseville Firefighters
- California Gas Tax Cut Vote 5-0George Runner / Op-ed
The Board of Equalization voted 5-0 to reduce the state's gasoline excise tax rate by 6 cents, from 36 cents to 30 cents, effective July 1 of this year
- Auburn Homeless Shelter Site Access Agreement ApprovedPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors agreed Tuesday to allow a temporary emergency homeless shelter to open in North Auburn
- Placer County Approves Contract for Criminal Offender Services Placer County
The state system wasn't working. The decades-old model of incarcerating those convicted of crimes and simply letting them serve their sentences was producing
- Matthew Brower: Lincoln's New City ManagerCity of Lincoln
Lincoln Mayor Paul Joiner recently announced that the City Council has appointed Matthew Brower to the position of Lincoln City Manager.
- Roseville Murder Suspect Arrested at Sacramento HomeSheriff's Dept.
Zachary Nicholas Gonzalez, 22, has been arrested in connection to the Roseville stabbing death that claimed the life of 21- year-old Andrew Michael Petrenko of Carmichael.
- Why Hollywood is Slowly DyingDr. Richard R. Reichel -Op-ed
Hollywood and the entire United States are missing out on huge opportunities that not only could improve the entertainment industry
- 50 Days of the Dead: Hartford, CT 1977Staff Report
Too magnificent a show to just choose a single track. The Grateful Dead at their zenith.
- Net Neutrality Hearing and Vote AheadMapLight
On Wednesday, the House Communications and Technology Subcommittee is scheduled to hold a hearing to discuss the FCC's proposed net neutrality regulations.
- Roseville Man Sentenced to 7 Years for Child PornDept of Justice
Daniel Harrison McGrath, 60, resident of Roseville, California, was recently sentenced by United States District Judge Garland E. Burrell, Jr. to 7 years in prison
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (2-22-15)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin weekly crime report digest for the period of February 16- 22, 2015
- Roseville Gas Prices: Find the Best DealGas Buddy
Roseville Gas prices continue their rapid ascent off lows near $2 per gallon in early 2015.
- Mazda3: Still Ranks Among Best Compact CarsJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
A test drive in the Mazda3 might convince folks who don't care for compact vehicles to reconsider.
- Roseville Murder Victim Identified, Suspect At-LargeSheriff's Dept.
The victim in Friday night's stabbing has been identified as Andrew Michael Petrenko, 21, of Carmichael.
- Journalist With Muscular Dystrophy Has GritDaniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Early on while growing up, Finn Bullers could see he wasn't as physically adept as other children his age, but didn't know why.
- Fatal Stabbing in West RosevilleSheriff's Dept.
Placer County Sheriff's detectives are searching for the suspect in the fatal stabbing of a Sacramento man that occurred late last night in west Roseville
- Roseville Turns Tap on New Groundwater WellsCity of Roseville
The City of Roseville is hosting an open house to celebrate the completion of a groundwater well project.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (2.20.15)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville California weekly crime report digest update for February 20, 2015.
- Placer County Video Teleconferencing for the PublicPlacer County
The geography of Placer County stretches from the flatlands of western Roseville to the mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe
- Historic Water Supply Agreement between PCWA, PG&ENews Release
The new agreement will ensure continued reliable water delivery to the people of western Placer County for the next 30 years
- 5 Tips To Maximize Your Tax Refund First Bank
5 timely tips to help you maximize your tax refund in 2015.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (2-19-15)Rocklin Police Department
The Rocklin Police Department issued weekly crime update digest for the period of February 9- 15, 2015.
- 50 Days of the Dead: Dire WolfStaff Report
Grateful Dead play a sweet version of Dire Wolf on April 16, 1978 in West Virginia.
- Fire on Champagne Circle in Roseville Leads to Arson ArrestCity of Roseville
At 9:52 p.m. Wednesday night (February 18), Roseville Fire Department firefighters responded to a fire at a home in the 1300 block of Champagne Circle.
- Placer County First-Time Home Buyer AssistancePlacer County
Placer County is accepting applications for a program that helps eligible low-income residents purchase their first homes
- Gunpoint Robbery in Roseville Leads to ArrestsRoseville Police Dept.
Salvador Diaz Jr., age 21 and Julio Cezar Chavez, age 26 both from Citrus Heights have been arrested for their connection in a Roseville gunpoint robbery.
- Placer SPCA Searches for Hero Next DoorPlacer SPCA
Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2015 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 14th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night
- 70 Year Old Suspected in Lewd and Lascivious Act at Roseville SchoolRoseville Police Dept.
70-year-old Leslie John Silva, of Roseville, was arrested on suspicion of committing a lewd and lascivious act on a child under the age of 14.
- Public Invited to Nature Day Celebration in RocklinSierra College
Join Sierra College for Nature Day Celebration on Saturday, February 28, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and become a Sierra College Naturalist
- Roseville Police Arrest Cooley Middle School VolunteerStaff Report
Roseville Police Arrest Cooley Middle School Volunteer on suspicion of inappropriately touching a female student.
- Governing California through Changes in the ClimateRandi Swisley League of Women Voters - Op-ed
California, the 7th largest economy in the world, has led other world powers through economic instability and innovation booms, and now faces an historic challenge governing in a time of climate change.
- Social Media Trend: Illegally Trespassing Foresthill Bridge CatwalkSheriff's Dept.
Illegally trespassing on the Foresthill Bridge catwalk in Auburn has become a social media trend
- New Placer County Library Fund Provides Ongoing SupportPlacer Community Foundation
Auburn, CA-Placer Community Foundation (PCF) is proud to announce the newly endowed Placer County Library Fund.
- Brandman University Virtual Learning in RosevilleCity of Roseville
Brandman University will be locating at 400 Sunrise Blvd in Roseville.
- Nevada County Man Convicted in Shooting of OfficersDept of Justice
After a three-day trial, a federal jury found Brent Douglas Cole, age 61, resident of Nevada County, guilty of assault on a federal officer
- Roseville Chamber Highlighted Events March 2015Roseville Chamber
The Roseville Chamber of Commerce upcoming events for the month of March 2015.