Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Loomis and Meadow Vista Libraries to Close DownPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors this past week approved the closure of the Loomis and Meadow Vista libraries
- California Fires Update Summary (6.26.16)CalFire
Over 4,900 firefighters are battling 7 large wildfires in California. Last night Red Flag Warnings due to gusty winds and low humidity in many areas of California
- Special Needs Dog Looking for a Special HomePlacer SPCA
Roseville, CA - Bentley, a five year old Dachshund/Wire Haired Terrier, arrived at the Placer SPCA in May without use of his hind legs
- Roseville Weekly Crime Report Digest (6.26.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Weekly Roseville crime report digest update for the period covering 17-24, 2016.
- Nurse Practitioner Advises on StrokeDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
According to the National Institutes of Health, about 800,000 Americans each year experience a stroke, and those strokes "cause more serious long-term disabilities than any other disease."
- $18 Million in Contracts to Assist Placer County's Most VulnerablePlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved nine different contract agreements totaling more than $18 million to provide mental health, substance abuse, transitional housing and child abuse prevention services
- Transportation Sales Tax Closer to Ballot MeasurePCTPA
The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) Board of Directors, acting as the Placer County Local Transportation Authority, unanimously adopted the Keep Placer Moving Transportation Investment Plan
- Beach House Restaurant in Pacific GroveTravel Staff
Pacific Grove, CA- Gazing upon the ebb and flow of the cool, clear Pacific waters as they lap against the shore of Monterey Bay as the sun gently descends toward the horizon is a damn fine way
- Placer County Grand Jury Report Critical of Local Government OperationsNews Release
This year's Placer County Grand Jury Final Report contains some individual reports which are critical of local government operations
- Rocklin Police Investigating Suspicious CircumstanceRocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- On Monday, June 20, 2016, Rocklin Police responded to a report of a suspicious person inside a gated community near Hillcrest Drive.
- Summer of Free Museums in Placer CountyPlacer County
Museums throughout Placer County will offer free admission on select days all summer as the Heritage Trail Museums Tour returns for its ninth year
- Python Snake on the Loose in Rocklin LocatedRocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- The Rocklin Police Department was informed the snake that escaped from its owner was located.
- Roseville Gas Prices Holding SteadyGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Roseville gas prices have been holding relatively steady this past week. As usual, Costco, Sam's Club and ARCO dominate the low price leaderboard
- California Fires Update Summary (6.22.16)CalFire
Over 5,000 firefighters are battling 4 large wildfires in California, while firefighters around the rest of the state battled dozens of new fires
- Raccoons Rescued from Tight SpotGuest Contribution
Homeowner Deann Walker was in for quite the surprise when her dog, Olive, urgently led her towards the back of her house.
- Public Defender Contract Extensions ApprovedPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County, like all other counties in the state, is required to provide legal representation to criminal defendants who cannot afford their own legal counsel.
- Students Impacted by Walsh Family ScholarshipsNews Release
Rocklin, CA - Sierra College students who received the John G. and Lillian M. Walsh Family Scholarship say that it encouraged them to come to Sierra College
- Placer County to Limit Medical Marijuana CultivationPlacer County
Commercial medical marijuana cultivation and sale will not be allowed in unincorporated Placer County, after the board of supervisors voted 3-2
- Lexus RX 350: Revised and Not Just for WomenJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- Although enamored with this Lexus model in previous years, the thinking here was the Lexus RX was a luxury, midsize crossover sport utility vehicle
- Hofsas House in CarmelTravel Staff
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA- Family friendly and one of a kind. First impressions do matter and upon arrival at the Hofsas House in Carmel, we knew this was going to be
- Vendange Carmel Inn and SuitesTravel Staff
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA- The Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites offers an ideal stop for lovebirds and would-be romantics.
- Roseville Banked Robbed Cowboy StyleCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- At about 5:30 p.m. Saturday, June 18, a man went into the Wells Fargo Bank in the 700 block of Pleasant Grove Boulevard
- Eye Doctor Opening People's EyesDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
His disability forced a major career change, one that has benefited thousands. Dr. John Shepherd since 2008 has been director of the Weigel Williamson Center for Visual Rehabilitation
- Volkswagen Group Opens Parts Distribution Center in RocklinPress Release
Rocklin, Calif. - Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VWGoA) recently announced the grand opening of its new $6.8 million Pacific Northwest Parts Distribution Center (PDC) in Rocklin, Calif.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (6.20.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Weekly crime report digest update summary for Roseville covering the period of June 9- 17, 2016.
- Roseville City Council passes $493.8 Million BudgetCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- At its June 15th meeting, the Roseville City Council approved a $493.8 million balanced budget for fiscal year 2016-2017, which begins July 1, 2016.
- Middle Fork Project Service Agreement UpdatePCWA
AUBURN, Calif. - At its June 16 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors authorized the execution of an agreement with the Northern California Power Agency
- Maui vacation: Tips for choosing that just-right lodging locationJeffrey Weidel
After much consideration, the vacation spot has finally been chosen: Maui. However, the research begins to intensify when the choice of lodging becomes the focus.
- Cascade Head among Best Hikes on West CoastTravel Staff
Situated less than 90 miles southwest of Portland, Cascade Head is a UNESCO biosphere reserve sitting aside the Siuslaw National Forest a few minutes north of Lincoln City
- Community 1st Bank Names Bill Martin and Rich Jacinto to the Board of DirectorsPress Release
Roseville, CA- Community 1st Bank today announced the addition of Richard Jacinto II, CFA and William Martin to the Bank's Board of Directors.
- Carmel and the Monterey PeninsulaTravel Staff
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA- A cool, gentle ocean breeze sweeps over your face as the rays of the sun warm your skin and a smile quickly envelops your face.
- What Sellers Should Know: Real Estate WatchJulie Jalone
Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville provides four valuable tips to for homeowners who are considering selling their homes this year.
- Roseville City Council awards $400,000 in grants to non-profitsCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- At its June 1 meeting, the Roseville City Council approved the award of more than $400,000 in grants to 52 non-profit organizations
- The Enemy Among UsCongressman Tom McClintock
The terrorist attack on Orlando should bring into sharp focus the growing threat our nation faces from Islamic terrorism.
- Rocklin Flash Crime Report (6.12.16)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- Rocklin crime report digest summary update covering the period of May 30 - June 5, 2016.
- Roseville Man Jailed in Rocklin Armed RobberyPolice Dept.
Roseville, CA- Juan Martinez, 22 years old of Roseville was arrested and booked into the Placer County Jail with bail set at $1.5 Million.
- Fiat 500X: New compact crossover SUVJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The 2016 Fiat 500X is a more mainstream vehicle and the company is naturally hoping it has broader appeal than other vehicles in the Fiat lineup.
- Business Executive Fights DementiaDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
It was a rough transition for Paulan Gordon of Cincinnati, Ohio. She had been at the
- $10 Million in Mental Health Contracts ApprovedPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors voted June 7 to approve six different contract agreements totaling $9,758,828 to support mental health
- Roseville's New City Hall Annex Moves ForwardPress Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - West Sacramento-based Clark Pacific has completed installation of the precast components of the new 82,000 square foot City of Roseville office building
- Greyhawk III Project Proposal in Granite Bay ApprovedPlacer County
Roseville, CA- The proposed Greyhawk III subdivision project in Granite Bay was approved by a 4-0 vote (Supervisor Robert Weygandt was absent) by the Placer County Board of Supervisors.
- Roseville Police Help Capture Sandwich Store Robbery Suspect Sheriff's Dept.
Frank Eugene Solorzano, Jr., 28, of Sacramento, was taken into custody in Sacramento on Wednesday afternoon with the assistance of Roseville and Folsom police
- Placer County Targets Lodging Taxes CollectionPlacer County
Roseville, CA- There are nearly 4,000 lodging operators in Placer County registered to collect transient occupancy tax on overnight lodging.
- KP Roseville Medical Center Hosts Cancer EventPress Release
Hope Grows Here was organized by the Kaiser Permanente Comprehensive Cancer Program. The gathering featured booths on rehabilitation, the Breast Cancer Survivorship Institute,
- Roseville Woman Bilked By ScammersCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- A Roseville resident in her 80s, was loading groceries into her car in the Safeway parking lot at Woodcreek Oaks Boulevard and Blue Oaks Boulevard
- $7.4 Million in Contracts Approved for Placer County RoadsPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- With more than 1,000 miles of roadway to maintain, Placer County is continually replacing and repairing the surfaces of the county's streets and highways.
- Roseville Gas Prices: See the Best DealGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Despite pressure of rising gas prices in and around Roseville, Costco is bucking the trend and holding prices at $2.31 per gallon
- Placer County: $782 Million Draft Budget ApprovedPlacer County
The Placer County Board of Supervisors approved a balanced budget of $782 million for the next fiscal year, $34.3 million less
- Placer County Election ResultsPlacer County
Placer County Election Results for June 7, 2016 with 100 percent of precincts reporting
- Roseville Man Pleads Guilty to Bank RobberiesDept of Justice
David James Lira, 39, of Roseville, pleaded guilty to robbing five banks in Northern California
- Folsom Concerts in the Park ScheduleStaff Report
Folsom Concerts in the Park takes place Friday evenings from 7:00 - 9:00 through July at Folsom City Lions Park.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (6.7.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Roseville crime report digest summary update for the period covering June 2-June 6, 2016.
- BIG DAY: $848,519 raised for nonprofits in Placer CountyPress Release
Beginning at midnight, 95 Placer County nonprofits excitedly tracked the early success as the region's donation numbers steadily rose toward what looked like a record-breaking year.
- Folsom Thursday Night Concert ScheduleStaff Report
Folsom, CA- The concert season is heating up in our region. Have fun this summer with free concerts in Folsom at the Outdoor Amphitheater
- Advocate Providing Dementia HelpDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
For ten years, Gary LeBlanc was the caregiver for his father, who had Alzheimer's disease before passing away in 2009.
- CYT Sacramento Summer Camps in RosevilleNews Release
Roseville, CA- Week-long musical theater summer day camps are offered the week of July 18-22 & July 25-29 at Valley Springs Church in Roseville
- Fire at the Roseville RailyardCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- On Sunday, June 5 at 6:58 a.m., Roseville dispatch received calls from residents of heavy smoke in the area of the railyard and the 100 blocks of Grape and Fig Streets
- Water Agency Moves Forward with Improvement ProjectsPCWA
Over the past year, fifteen capital improvement projects have been underway, with a cost of over $15 million in construction contracts
- Free Concerts on Lake Tahoe at Kings BeachStaff Report
Lake Tahoe, CA- Visit Kings Beach SRA this summer to soak up the sounds and sights of a free summer concert series.
- Roseville Music in the Park Concert ScheduleStaff Report
Roseville, CA- For nearly a quarter century, Music in the Park has been bringing the Roseville community terrific live music and 2016 is no exception.