Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Gardens of the Hills Fundraiser Tour and Crafts FairPress Release
El Dorado Hills, CA - The Assistance League of Sierra Foothills presents their 8th annual Gardens of the Hills Fundraiser Tour and Crafts Fair
- Spring Eggstravaganza April 15-16 at Fairytale TownPress Release
Sacramento, Calif. - Celebrate spring with egg hunts, puppet shows, hands-on activities and more at Fairytale Town's annual Spring Eggstravaganza
- Roseville Gas Prices Cool as Warmer Temps Move InStaff Report / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville experienced a slight dip this past week. That's good news as the forecast shows warmer spring weather finally returning to Northern California
- Lincoln MKZ: Luxury sedan has lots to offerJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- We test drove the 2017 Lincoln MKZ recently for a week and came away impressed.
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation welcomes new president and board memberPress Release
Auburn - Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation announces the appointment of a new board president, Robert Frew and board member, Suzi deFosset.
- Carmel Valley: Land of Honey, Wine & ArtTravel Staff
Carmel Valley, CA- Just a short scenic drive inland from Carmel-by-the-Sea lies a delightful little village tucked in the hills that sometimes and undeservedly gets overlooked by travelers in favor of its more popular coastal neighbors.
- Corky's Corner: Golden Age Mic Pre 73 ReviewCorky Newman
Roseville, CA- If you have a budget or bedroom studio and you are looking for a Neve type Pre amp look no further. The Golden Age Pre is for you.
- Roseville Moose Lodge Charity Golf Tournament May 20thPress Release
Roseville, CA- The Roseville Moose Lodge will be holding its second annual charity golf tournament Saturday, May 20 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club in Rocklin
- American Sign Language Bicentennial Celebration at WJUPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University's American Sign Language (ASL) club will host "ASL Day for All" on Saturday, April 8 at 9:30 a.m. at the growing university
- Auburn Art Walk begins April 7Press Release
The Auburn Art Walk will take place on the first Friday of April, June, August and October 2017, from 6 pm to 9 pm
- Ghost in the Shell coming to IMAXPress Release
Ghost in the Shell: An IMAX 3D Experience opens at the Esquire IMAX Theatre on March 30 at 7:00 p.m
- Roseville Criminal Activity Heats UpRoseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- As the weather heats up, so does Roseville criminal activity. The Roseville police log digest update for the ten-day period covering March 10-20, 2017.
- Chicago the TRIBUTE to play Opera House Saloon in RosevillePress Release
(ROSEVILLE, CA) - Chicago the TRIBUTE, a 9-piece tribute to the band with the horns and hits will be playing the Opera House Saloon Roseville on Thursday, March 30
- Placer County Government Center ProposalPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- After considerable analysis, stakeholder engagement, design and planning, the Placer County Board of Supervisors were presented a plan for a re-envisioned Placer County Government
- Free STD and STI Testing and Treatment in RosevillePress Release
(Roseville, CA) - Sierra Pregnancy & Health (SPH) announced they have begun offering free testing and treatment for STD/STIs, including gonorrhea and chlamydia
- Achieve Tahoe to Host Ability Challenge Fundraiser at Squaw ValleyPress Release
Alpine Meadows, CA - Achieve Tahoe, a leading provider of winter and summer adaptive sports instruction at all ability levels for adults and children with disabilities
- Guys and Dolls at William Jessup University in AprilPress Release
ROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University's Creative Arts department presents Guys and Dolls for six weekend performances, starting April 7-8-9.
- Roseville Skatetown to Host Curling BonspielPress Release
Roseville, CA -Brand New Barrel Bonspiel Brings 16 California Curling Teams to Roseville on March 24-26.
- Roseville Gas Price Competition StiffensStaff Report / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA - Competition has stiffened as Roseville gas prices were mostly flat during this past week.
- Placer Valley Tourism to operate Placer County FairgroundsPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved Placer Valley Tourism, a private nonprofit organization, as the new operator of the Placer County Fairgrounds
- Prenatal Health Services to begin at Auburn Health CenterNews Release
AUBURN, CA - Chapa-De Indian Health is proud to announce that its Auburn Health Center will begin providing prenatal health services to patients starting this week.
- Check for Leaks during Fix a Leak WeekNews Release
SACRAMENTO- Get ready to be a leak detective and do your part during Fix a Leak Week, March 20 through 26. The average home leaks more than 10,000 gallons
- Roseville City School District Opens Region's First Student BallroomNews Release
(Roseville, CA) -Warren T. Eich Middle School will proudly unveil a newly constructed ballroom for their Advanced Ballroom students
- Ty Smith named California State Railroad Museum DirectorPress Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California State Parks has announced Ty Smith as museum director for the California State Railroad Museum, one of the world's premier railway museums
- Sierra College, Placer Union HS District Joint Board MeetingPress Release
Rocklin, CA - The Sierra College Board of Trustees and the Placer Union High School District Board of Trustees will hold a joint board meeting at Del Oro High School
- GoatHouse Brewing: Beer Tasting in the CountryTravel Staff
Lincoln, CA - Goathouse Brewing, a converted barn for beer lovers and country explorers in Lincoln, CA.
- Week Two with Journalist David M. PerryDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Last week, you learned about David M. Perry, a history professor who doubles as a nationally known disabilities rights journalist and activist.
- Storm Damage: PCWA Extends Local EmergencyPCWA
AUBURN, Calif. - For the second time in as many meetings, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors extended a local emergency declaration
- Corky's Corner: Mackie MR5 Monitors ReviewedCorky Newman
Roseville, CA- No Matter if they are the MKI or MKII or MKIII models, these Mackie Monitors just plain kick butt.
- RECAP: Placer Community Foundation Nonprofit Leadership SummitPress Release
Auburn, CA- 250 nonprofit employees, board members and volunteers representing 55 Placer nonprofits attended Placer Community Foundation's 7th annual Nonprofit Leadership Summit
- Chrysler 300 remains appealing American sedanJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA - If you are a car-buyer who enjoys driving a big, powerful sedan and wants to purchase American, consider giving the Chrysler 300 a thorough look.
- Hyatt Regency delivers Quintessential Monterey ExperienceTravel Staff
Monterey, CA - The Monterey Peninsula...to those in the know, is sometimes all you need to say. No explanation required. The Monterey Peninsula,
- Roseville Approves Sale of Downtown BuildingNews Release
ROSEVILLE - The Roseville City Council on Wednesday approved the sale of a two-story fire station in Downtown Roseville to be converted into the home of a graduate school campus
- Thunder Valley Casino Resort Job Fairs Coming UpPress Release
Lincoln, CA - Thunder Valley Casino Resort looks to hire over 75 new employees at Job Fairs on Tuesday, March 21 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Midtown Farmers Market Spring Season LaunchNews Release
Sacramento, Calif. - The Midtown Association (MA) is pleased to announce the launch of the new spring season of the Midtown Farmers Market that will expand a half-block
- Beauty and the Beast at Del Oro Performing Arts CenterPress Release
Loomis, CA- Can Not a Beast Be Tamed? Come and be our guest as The Company and Del Oro High School Theatre Arts
- Countdown to Flavor! Napa Valley
Napa, CA- A Five-Day Festival of Food and Wine, it's Countdown to Flavor! Napa Valley March 22 - 26, 2017.
- TSI Semiconductors in Roseville Celebrates Pi DayPress Release
Roseville, CA- TSI Semiconductors Hosting Educators, Officials & STEM Advocates for "National Pi Day" Event & Rare Site Tours.
- Loomis Soroptimist Fundraiser on April 1Press Release
LOOMIS, CA - Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin will host Tostada Bingo on Saturday, April 1 at the Loomis Memorial Hall
- Placer County Parks and Trails Master Plan WebsitePlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- In an effort to encourage public input for its first-ever comprehensive parks and trails master plan, Placer County has launched a new project website
- Ford Escape continues as SUV for the massesJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA-2017 Ford Escape is a solid choice and is a refined compact SUV that meets the needs the needs for a diverse class of car buyers.
- Martinez is a City of SurpriseTravel Staff
Martinez, CA - Martinez California is a colorful, vibrant and fun-filled city that is much more than what it seems.
- Roseville Gas Prices Encourage Local Fuel UpsStaff / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA - Roseville area residents should be sure to fuel up those gas tanks prior to hitting the road. Gas prices are rising and once you leave South Placer County
- Raising His Son with Down SyndromeDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
On his day job, 44-year-old David M. Perry of Brookfield, Illinois, is a Dominican University history professor and Medieval Venice expert
- Roseville Aquatics Complex to Host RegionalsPress Release
Roseville, CA - The South Western Age Group Regionals (SWAGR) swim meet is splashing into the Roseville Aquatics Complex (RAC) on March 16-19.
- Corky's Corner: Mojave Scorpion Amp ReviewedCorky Newman
Mojave Amp Works is a company down in the high desert of southern California.
- Group Opposes Location of Mental Crisis Home in OrangevalePress Release
On Thursday, March 9 at 6:30, the Orangevale Park and Recreation District Board will vote on a resolution to oppose allowing a 15-bed mental crisis home on Elm Avenue in Orangevale
- Stand Up Placer Awarded for Community ContributionsNews Release
Stand Up Placer was one of four local 2016 National Award Winners of the George Washington Honor Medal. Stand Up Placer is a local non-profit that provides
- Placer County Inmate Food Service Shifting to Private ContractorPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- In a 3-2 split vote, the Placer County Board of Supervisors awarded a contract to an outside vendor for inmate food service.
- Best of the Grammys Benefit Concert at WJU in RocklinPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University's Music department presents its annual "Night of Classics" benefit concert March 17-18 in Rocklin.
- Sacramento River Train Rides & Underground ToursPress Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Interested in riding the rails along the picturesque Sacramento River? Or maybe exploring the alluring underground is more your style
- 6 Ways a Realtor Can Assist You in Home Buying or SellingJulie Jalone
Roseville, CA- Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the value in having an experienced real estate agent help you with the sale or purchase of a home.
- Alzheimer's: Prevent Memory Loss, Dementia with Naturopathic Medicine Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
According to a recent 60 Minutes (CBS) story, 2 of every 5 U.S. seniors that reach 85 years of age will develop Alzheimer's Disease
- Roseville Crime Activity Update (3.7.17)Roseville PD
Roseville, CA- Police activity report in Roseville for the period covering February 24 through March 6, 2017.
- Topgolf and Thunder Valley Casino Resort Team UpPress Release
Global sports entertainment leader Topgolf today announced its partnership with Thunder Valley Casino Resort, a premier AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort experience
- Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off March 17Press Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - The 2017 Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off will be held on Friday, March 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Maidu Community Center.
- Roseville Seeing a Rise in Fuel PricesStaff / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville and Rocklin are once again hitting motorists in the wallet as they continue to push toward the $3 per gallon mark
- Teen with ASD Loves Dogs, Art, and CarsDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Kenzie Smith, 17, of Hillsboro, Ohio, was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome "three or four years ago," she said in a telephone interview
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in RocklinPress Release
Rocklin, CA- Beginning March 24th, Sierra College Theatre Arts Department presents Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher from the Novella
- Mazda3 ranks among best compact carsJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- A single test drive in the Mazda3 might convince folks who say they don't care for compact vehicles to reconsider