Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Water Rate Increase for Placer County Residents?
The Placer County Water Agency staff presented the Board of Directors with recommendations for an adjustment to its Zone 1 water rates.
- Roseville Fires Back in Contract Talks with Police Union
City of Roseville
The City of Roseville continues to work toward a labor agreement with the union leadership of the Roseville Police Officers Association.
- Plague Activity in the Tahoe Area
Due to increased plague activity in the Tahoe Basin area last fall, public health officials advise caution this summer. With the upcoming Memorial Day holiday heralding the unofficial
- Roseville Crime Report Update (5-22-13)
City of Roseville
The weekly crime report for Roseville, California for May 22, 2013.
- Waiting for the Appraisal
Sacramento Realtor and short sale expert, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville. Writes about the how difficult it has been for appraisers to keep up with the rapidly increasing prices in the Sacramento area housing market.
- Placer SPCA Microchip Clinic in Auburn May 25
Roseville, CA - Placer SPCA is holding a Microchip Clinic on Saturday, May 25, at the Placer SPCA in Auburn, located at 1482 Grass Valley Highway.
- Video: Congressman Tom McClintock Blasts IRS
Congressman Tom McClintock today delivered the following remarks on the House floor discussing the IRS Scandal:
- California Microstamp Law Applauded by Brady Campaign
After years of countless delays, the cutting-edge 'Microstamping' law in California has recently gone into effect. The law requires all new semi-automatic handguns to come equipped
- Alcohol Ban and Price Hikes for Memorial Day Weekend
Entrance fees to Sacramento County Regional Parks will increase during the Memorial Day weekend. Regional Parks is implementing temporary
- Auburn Plane Crash Victims Identified
Placer County Sheriff's Dept.
The victims in yesterday's plane crash in Auburn have been identified as pilot Bruce Albright Rhymes, 6-8-53, and Kathy Lorraine Rhymes, 2-3-55, husband and wife from Susanville.
- Sacramento Kings Rally at Cesar Chavez Park May 23
The Sacramento Kings announced Long Live the Kings Rally will take place Thursday, May 23 from 5-9 p.m. at Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento.
- Costco versus Amazon: Finding the Best Value
The U.S. Census revealed that in 2010, a family of four was estimated to spend $185.50 per week for a nutritious diet, an increase from the previous year. To help families
- Contract Talks with City of Roseville and Police Officers Stall
Roseville - The Roseville Police Officers' Association (RPOA), representing 103 sworn police officers whose job it is to protect the Roseville community, announced today that contract talks with the City have broken down.
- Kia Sorento an affordable, versatile crossover SUV
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Like many offerings in the Kia lineup, the Sorento has distanced itself from its modest beginnings when the Korean automaker produced mainly affordable cars that
- Truckee-Tahoe Pet Lodge offers unique boarding for dogs, cats
There are Lake Tahoe lodging facilities that welcome pet stays, but there are also plenty of places that force one to leave your beloved dog or cat at home.
- Nurse Next Door tackles Placer County Senior Care
By 2030, nearly a quarter of Placer County's population will be over the age of 65. The demand for senior care is escalating
- Auburn Plane Crash Kills Two
At 0030 hours, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Cal EMA (California Office of Emergency Services) to assist in a search for a possible downed aircraft near the Auburn Airport
- Woman Taunted as a Teenager
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
My featured person this week agreed to be interviewed only under condition of anonymity. Janet" was born with
- Placer County Sports Tourism Filling Hotels Memorial Day Weekend
The ASA Memorial Day Classic and Rocklin Pony Baseball Tournament, with support from Placer Valley Tourism, are hosting their annual Memorial Day weekend
- $1.3 Million Savings in Placer Water Agency Refinance?
Directors of the Placer County Water Agency on Thursday (May 16) approved a debt restructuring that is expected to save the agency $1.3 million
- Roseville Company Buys Huntington Park Complex for $11 Million
USA Properties Fund Inc. has acquired Huntington Plaza Apartments, a 184-unit senior housing community in Huntington Park in central Los Angeles County.
- Greek Food Festival Kicks Off in Roseville
The 18th Annual Saint Anna Greek Food Festival in Roseville kicks off May 24 at 5 pm. FREE Admission and Free Parking!
- Roseville Students Awarded for Anti-Tobacco Artwork
Andrew Kurtz, a 17-year-old senior at Roseville's Woodcreek High School, was shocked to look up from his desk and see his parents and a group of photographers
- Child Support Services Open House in Rocklin May 21
Placer County's Department of Child Support Services is hosting a monthly "Open House" seminar to provide information to residents interested in learning more about the services it provides.
- Bayside West Church Opens Registration for Breakaway 2013
Bayside West Community Church's annual summer camp for kids that includes in-depth Bible stories, wet and wild games, awesome music, and
- Deals: Thunder Valley Concert Ticket Packages
LINCOLN - Guests will have the chance to purchase a limited number of exclusive season ticket packages for Thunder Valley Casino Resort's much anticipated Summer Concert Series this Saturday, May 18.
- World Record Attempt at Apple Pie Eating at Thunder Valley
Thunder Valley Casino Resort will kick off its 10-year anniversary celebration and grand opening of its all-new Buffet with an attempt to break the world apple pie eating record
- Rocklin Burglary Alert Issued
The Rocklin Police Department is issuing this crime alert to our community to advise you of an on going residential burglary threat.
- Roseville Students Get Hands-On Money Management
Nearly 40 students from Roseville High School's Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program got a "bite of reality" May 8, when they attended an interactive financial education simulation
- Safe Kids Day in Roseville May 18th
Safe Kids Placer County is celebrating Safe Kids Day on Saturday, May 18, from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., at Bill McAnnally Racing, NAPA AutoCare Center
- Roseville Crime Report Update (5-15-13)
Roseville Police Department
The weekly crime report update as published by the Roseville Police Department for May 15, 2013.
- 3 Hurt in Accident on Douglas Boulevard (KCRA)
3 Hurt in Accident on Douglas Boulevard (KCRA external link)
- Sutter Roseville offers Babysitting Course
Sutter Roseville Medical Center will offer Safe Sitter(r) courses for young teens 11 and up on Friday, July 26, in Conference Room 8, at the medical center
- Rocklin Soccer Camps return for 2013
City of Rocklin Parks & Recreation and Rocklin Soccer Club- has teamed up to host the week long "British Soccer Camp" and 'Tetra Brazil Camp'.
- Roseville and Rocklin Job Openings
Roseville and Rocklin job openings for the week ending May 18, 2013.
- Microsoft Specialty Store to open in Roseville May 24
Microsoft recently announced that it has selected Roseville for the opening of a Microsoft Specialty Store.
- 18 Slots on Placer County Youth Commission
The Placer County Youth Commission is currently looking for dedicated, engaged, and motivated youth from all over Placer County to fill the 18 spots
- Man Sentenced in $2.9 Million Fraud Case
Dept of Justice
United States District Judge Garland E. Burrell, Jr. sentenced Jed Baron, 55, of Las Vegas, recently to five years and three months in prison for wire fraud related to an investment scheme
- Rocklin Community Festival Returns May 30 through June 2
For the fifth year, the Rocklin Kiwanis Club has scheduled its four-day Rocklin Community Festival to start May 30 at Johnson-Springview Park in Rocklin
- Placer County Economic and Demographic Profile
The 2013 Placer County Economic and Demographic Profile is available online for anyone looking for facts and figures on a host of county-related topics, including demographics, the business climate, real estate market and quality of life.