Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Rocklin Burglary Suspect Killed by PoliceRocklin Police Dept
Rocklin, CA- This morning February 25th, 2017 at 10:01 AM, The Rocklin Police Department responded to a residential burglary in progress on the 4900 block of Bradford Place
- Roseville Police Activity Weekly Update (2.23.17)Roseville Police Dept
The City of Roseville police activity weekly update for the period covering February 17-23, 2017
- Public Meeting: Sierra Joint Consortium for Adult EducationNews Release
(AUBURN, CA) The public is invited to attend the Sierra Joint Consortium for Adult Education (SJCAE) public meeting on March 15, 2017,
- Fine Forgiveness at Sacramento Public LibrarySacramento Public Library
Sacramento Public Library is waiving all overdue book and material fines through Wednesday, March 15 as part of its new Fine Forgiveness promotion
- 20 Year Upgrade Project for Northstar Ski ResortPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved a series of actions to guide upgrades and improvements to the Northstar California ski resort
- Seniors First Represents Capital Region in National CampaignPress Release
(Auburn, CA) - Surprisingly to some, individuals age 60 and older in our area continue to experience an increasing rate of hunger.
- Top 5 Healthy Heart Habits : A Dose of Vitamin Ray with Dr. RayDr. Revee Barbour, ND, MS
Did you know, heart disease is still the leading cause of death in both men and women in the United States? In fact, per The American Heart Association
- Real Estate Watch: Home Seller's Market Julie Jalone
Roseville, CA - Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, is asking why more homeowners are not taking advantage the current seller's market being caused by high buyer demand and low inventory of home for sale.
- Autism Studies: Placenta Provides Time CapsuleUC Davis
(Sacramento, Calif) - In two recent studies, researchers at UC Davis have shown that placental tissue can provide critical information about the epigenetic
- New California Laws 2017 (Part 19)Staff Report
Roseville, CA - 100 New California laws for 2017. Part 19 includes public records, civil actions, auctions, child abuse, education finance, employees time off, recycling, medical marijuana and more
- 10 Cheapest Gas Stations in RosevilleStaff Report / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA- Going Up. That sentiment appears to be more of what Roseville residents can expect as gas prices are projected to push higher heading into the spring season
- Roseville to host Battle of the Roses Placer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA - The Battle of the Roses comes to the Placer County Fairgrounds on Saturday, Feb. 25
- Tickets Now Available for Flavor! Napa ValleyPress Release
Napa, CA - Individual tickets for Flavor! Napa Valley, March 22 - 26, 2017, which supports programs and scholarships at The Culinary Institute of America's (CIA) Greystone Campus
- Placer SPCA Announces 2017 Board of DirectorsNews Release
Roseville, CA - The Placer SPCA has announced the election of its 2017 Officers for the Board of Directors.
- Winners of American History Essay Contest honored in RosevilleSusie Glover
Roseville, CA - Congratulations to winners of the American History Essay contest sponsored by Roseville's Gold Trail Chapter
- Hyundai Veloster: Unconventional compact hatchbackJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The first thing one notices about the Hyundai Veloster is the odd door arrangement. It's an ingenious idea, putting two doors on the passenger side of this compact hatchback
- Wild Bill's 16th Annual Tattoo-a-thon Benefit in RosevilleNews Release
Wild Bill's 16th annual Tattoo-a-thon will take place on Saturday, Feb. 25, from 8 a.m. to midnight. Thirty tattoo artists have volunteered to work 16 hours
- Roseville Bucks for Bikes Application DeadlineCity of Roseville
Roseville, CA- Apply for an opportunity to receive up to $200 toward a new commuter bike. Bucks for Bikes helps commuters
- Topgolf in Roseville to host WJU Fundraiser in AprilPress Release
Roseville, CA - The Jessup Athletic Association will host the inaugural TopSwing event - a fun gathering, providing golf, games, food, beverages, prizes and awards - on Sunday, April 23
- Bella Vista HS Wins Sacramento County Academic DecathlonNews Release
Sacramento, CA- Bella Vista High School, from the San Juan Unified School District, is the winner of the 2017 Sacramento County Academic Decathlon competition
- PCWA affirms opposition to weaken Prop 218PCWA
AUBURN, Calif. - At its February 16 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors expressed opposition to any legislative effort to weaken Proposition 218
- Mom Turns Caregiving Into CareerDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
So taken up by their moving story, I'm devoting the next two weeks to Joe and Tish Griffin, 21-year-old son and 60-year-old mother
- Roseville Gas Price Declines Coming to an End?Staff Report / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA- Declining gas prices in Roseville may be coming to an end as experts continue to anticipate a rise in fuel prices nationwide heading into the warmer months
- Rocklin Music Artist Quinn Hedges New Album
Local Rocklin music artist Quinn Hedges will unveil his latest album in spectacular fashion. He and several collaborators created a dozen captivating videos
- Roseville Teachers of the YearRCSD
The Roseville City School District is happy to announce Stephanie Sugano and Christi Robertson have been selected as the Roseville City School District Teachers of the Year
- Dementia Support Group in Grass ValleyPress Release
Cascades of Grass Valley, a senior living community located at 415 Sierra College Drive in Grass Valley, will be hosting a monthly support group for family and caregivers
- Kid-O-Rama Festival Returns to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows News Release
Olympic Valley, Calif. - The 8th annual Kid-O-Rama extravaganza returns to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows this President's Day weekend from February 18-25.
- Kidney Transplants: UC Davis Leads NationNews Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - UC Davis physicians gave lifesaving kidney transplants to more than 400 people in 2016, making it the highest-volume kidney transplant program in the nation.
- Roseville to host Junior Singles ChampionshipsPlacer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA - Johnson Ranch Racquet Club in Roseville is set to host annual Junior Singles Championships Feb. 18 - 20.
- Marijuana Risks to Adolescents Workshop in Rocklin
Rocklin, CA- This free workshop informs parents and educators about the risks of marijuana use for adolescents and provides alternative methods to cope with stress
- Achieve Tahoe Sports Camp Ability Bash a SuccessNews Release
Alpine Meadows, Calif. - Achieve Tahoe, a leading provider of winter and summer adaptive sports instruction at all ability levels for adults and children with disabilities
- Bill would provide independent oversight of Mental Health ServicesNews Release
ROSEVILLE - This week Assemblyman Kevin Kiley (R-Roseville) introduced a bill to assure that the $2 billion allocated each year from Proposition 63
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport an affordable SUVJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA - A co-worker took a lap around the latest version of the Mitsubishi Outlander that was parked in front of our building and came away quite impressed
- Oroville Dam Crisis Preventable: Officials Ignored Warnings?Restore the Delta - Opinion
The Mercury News is reporting that Federal and State officials ignored warnings 12 years ago. Three environmental groups - the Friends of the River, the Sierra Club and the South Yuba Citizens League - filed a motion with the federal government on Oct. 17, 2005
- Fairgrounds in Roseville opens to Oroville spillway evacueesPlacer County
Roseville, CA - The Placer County Fairgrounds in Roseville has opened to accommodate those who are impacted by the dangers of a possible failure of the Oroville Dam emergency spillway
- Evacuation Order: Oroville Dam at Risk of FailureCallFire
Oroville, CA- Immediate evacuation from the low levels of Oroville and areas downstream is ordered.
- Pedestrian Safety Upgrades Slated for North AuburnPlacer County
Auburn, CA- In its continuing program to improve pedestrian safety in North Auburn, the Placer County Board of Supervisors approved
- Poetry Out Loud Placer County FinalsPress Release
The Arts Council of Placer County recently hosted the annual Poetry Out Loud Placer County Finals for the eleventh year.
- Placer County Anonymous Whistleblower HotlinePlacer County
Placer County has long had a fraud policy to assist employees with reporting suspected fraud, waste and abuse, but not confidentially.
- Medical Marijuana Risks Highlight Value of Research and RegulationUC Davis
UC Davis study finds mold, bacterial contaminants in medical marijuana samples
- Placer County Building Permits Available OnlinePlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- In a continuing effort to improve service and ease the process for obtaining building permits, Placer County has launched an online permitting process.
- Sierra College Women's Soccer Team Recognized as Scholar TeamPress Release
Rocklin, CA - At the California Community College Athletic Association's (CCCAA) annual convention in March, the Sierra College Women's Soccer Team will be recognized as a "Scholar Team"
- Kia Soul more appealing than ever with new turboJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The 2017 Kia Soul with its new engine, a peppy turbocharged 1.6-liter, four cylinder generates 201 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque.
- Olympus Corporate Center in Roseville Acquired in Joint VentureNews Release
ROSEVILLE, CA - The joint venture between Barker Pacific Group (BPG) and WHI Real Estate Partners (WHIREP) has acquired its second project in Olympus Corporate Center, a Class "A" office asset in Roseville, CA.
- New California Laws 2017 (Part 18)Staff Report
Roseville, CA - 100 New California laws for 2017. Part 18 includes parole, vaccinations, disability access, foster care:psychotropic medication, diploma alternatives, drinking water standards, elder abuses, prostitution and more.
- 2 Killed in Wrong Way Driver CollisionCHP
Sacramento, CA- On February 7, 2017, at 9:55 p.m. the CHP received a call of a wrong way driver going westbound in the eastbound lane of I-80 at Watt Ave.
- Affordable Housing Opportunity in Roseville for Mental IllPlacer County
Roseville, Calif.- 10 housing units expressly for MHSA-eligible Placer County residents in a new housing project in Roseville called Main Street Plaza Apartments
- Lecture Series: Appalachian Trail HappinessMichael Kane
Rocklin, CA - The 2016-2017 lecture series of the Sierra College Natural History Museum continues Friday, February 10th with a presentation titled "Appalachian Trail Happiness
- Job Fair at Life Time Athletic in Folsom February 11thPress Release
FOLSOM, Calif. - In advance of the spring opening of its new Folsom destination, Life Time - The Healthy Way of Life Company - will host a hiring fair Saturday, February 11.
- VR Goggles Donated to Hacker LabPress Release
Ceronix has donated 100 Virtual Reality Google Cardboard goggles to Hacker Lab Powered by Sierra College. The community makerspace just moved
- Wine Adventures 2017 in the Foothills
Placerville, CA - The annual Passport event, held every year in April by the El Dorado Winery Association, is two weekends of adventuring through the spectacular foothills and tasting wine
- Vietnam Vet Won't Seek PTSD HelpDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
My featured person this week is "Maryanne," the adult daughter of a former Marine who most likely has post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Carol Garcia presented with Civic Entrepreneurs AwardNews Release
Carol Garcia of Roseville was presented with the Peter McCuen Award for Civic Entrepreneurs
- Hidden Falls Regional Park Expansion ProposedPlacer County
Placer County has released a notice of preparation of an environmental impact report for the proposed expansion of Hidden Falls Regional Park near Auburn.
- Student Career Plans Accelerated by Hacker Lab Sierra College
Sierra College student, Phil Mally, was selected by Hacker Lab as the February Maker of the Month at the makerspace's Rocklin site.
- Roseville Competitors on the Low Gas Price LeaderboardStaff Report / Gas Buddy
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville have remained flat this past week with some locations notching down a few cents
- Roseville City School District Administrators Earn Top HonorsPress Release
Two Roseville City School District (RCSD) administrators were publicly recognized for their excellence in leadership and educational innovation earlier this week
- Autism Lecture at MIND Institute February 8thNews Release
Author, professor and researcher Raphael Bernier will speak about the heterogeneity of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in a free public lecture on Feb. 8 at 4:30 p.m
- Free Tax Prep Assistance in Roseville, Rocklin & AuburnPlacer County
Roseville, CA- Placer County Human Services is set to kick off its second year of providing free tax assistance to low-income individuals and families
- Physiology of Cannabis Course at UC DavisUC Davis
(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - A new undergraduate course on "Physiology of Cannabis" (HPH 115) will be offered at UC Davis this spring to raise awareness and understanding of how cannabis and cannabinoids affect the body.