Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Why We Dumped AT&T for T-Mobile
AT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
- Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUV
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
A year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
- TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski Scene
Jeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
- Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship Commitments
David A. Breninger - Op-ed
Managing California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
- Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under Review
Auburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
- Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment Community
Based in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
- Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election Bid
ROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
- Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22
Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
- Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger Agreement
Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
- Plane Crash in Placer County Update
A plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)
Rocklin Police Dept.
The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.
- AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters Charity
The AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
- Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards Nominations
Roseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)
Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-5-14)
The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest March 5, 2014.
- 6 Arrested in Roseville Burglary Ring Case
Roseville Police Dept.
James Eisner, Valiri Ryan, and Brook Heston of Roseville were among six individuals arrested following a month-long investigation of a commercial burglary ring.
- Roseville Physician Elected to TMPG Chair of the Board
Chris Palkowski, MD, has been elected chair of the board of directors of The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG), the governing board of the largest medical group in the nation with 8,000 physicians serving 3.4 million
- Soroptimist Tostada Bingo Fundraiser March 22
Loomis, CA -- Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin will host Tostada Bingo Night on Saturday, March 22 at 6:00 PM (doors open at 5:30 PM) at the Loomis Memorial Hall, 5945 Horseshoe Bar Road
- Bidding Wars: Home Buying Competition Heats Up
Bidding Wars: Roseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the local housing market and the increased competition buyer offers are receiving. If you are a seller can you expect multiple offers and if you are buyer what are your chances your offer will be accepted?
- Placer County Wine Trail Vintners Honored
A region with a rich heritage in winemaking, Placer County Wine Trail wineries have much to celebrate after earning several Best of Class wins at the 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Roseville Officials Praise Clarkson University, Sierra College Partnership
Roseville, CA -- Clarkson University officials will be in the Placer County region this week to introduce area professionals to new graduate programs options and to advance an emerging
- Roseville Turns Off Groundwater Wells
City of Roseville
Drought Watch: Due to increased precipitation in recent weeks, the City of Roseville has turned off its groundwater wells. They will remain off until further notice.
- Volunteers & Teachers recognized by Loomis Soroptimist
Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin
Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin (SILB) recently presented community awards on at the Train Depot in Downtown Loomis. The club's fundraising efforts, such as the upcoming
- Rocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Oaks Mansion
Rocklin History Tour - This plaque marks the location of Joel Parker Whitney's, now demolished, three story, 20 room Oaks mansion.
- Common Core Focus of Teacher Workshops in Roseville
Roseville, CA --Middle and high school mathematics teachers in the Sacramento region can participate in a series of three interactive workshops on Implementing the Standards of Mathematical Practice presented
- Toyota Avalon a 'Sleeper' Among Full-Size Sedans
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
The Toyota Avalon has always been viewed here as a "sleeper." Although it's an impressive full-size sedan, the Avalon seems to fly under the radar year after year.
- Teen Helps Others with Autism
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Rather than be interviewed over the telephone for this column, 17-year-old Meghan Rodo of Reisterstown, Maryland, chose email.
- Young Artists on the Edge Competition in Auburn Area
Auburn Arts Commission
The Auburn Arts Commission is pleased to present a juried art competition open to graduating High School Seniors from the Greater Auburn area served by
- Leaders Awarded for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
Rocklin, CA - Five community members were recognized for their contributions toward ending domestic and sexual violence in Placer County with Stand Up Placer Leadership Awards
- Sierra Women's Basketball Playoff Opener
Rocklin - For the second year in a row, the Sierra College women's basketball team will welcome the Ohlone College Renegades to Rocklin for a northern California playoff game.
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness Presentation in Rocklin
Rocklin, CA -- Linda Dutil, RN will give a Free drug and alcohol awareness presentation at Sierra College Rocklin Campus on Wednesday, March 12, 2014.
- Local and Regional Artists Featured at Blue Line Arts
Blue Line Arts in Roseville, California will be displaying a group of local and regional artists in "Remastered", on display in the WestPark Workshop Gallery.
- Roseville Men Arrested on Rape and Kidnapping Charges
Roseville, CA -- After an investigation, officers arrested Fermin Gomez-Puac, 36, and Victor Jancer Sautizo, 24, both of Roseville, on suspicion of rape, kidnapping and other related charges
- Roseville Crime Report Digest (2-27-14)
Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest for February 27, 2014.
- Rains Could Impact Stage 3 Water Mandate Vote
Drought Watch: Granite Bay, Calif. - Water supply conditions at Folsom Lake are improving. But with the impacts of a serious drought still looming, the San Juan Water District Board of Directors will vote on a staff recommendation.
- California Rains To Bring Drought Relief
Drought Watch: Roseville, CA -- While there hasn't been much good news during the current California drought, there are some hopeful signs.
- Placer SPCA Announces 2014 Board of Directors
Roseville, CA - The Placer SPCA announced the election of its 2014 Officers and the installation of a new board member.
- Rocklin History Tour - Clover Valley Bridge
Gary Day /photo Roy Salisbury
Rocklin History Tour - Clover Valley Bridge spans Clover Valley Creek in Clover Valley Park. It is the largest of the twelve granite bridges on the road that connected
- How To Stop Receiving Unsolicited Yellow Page Books
Do those yellow page books that land in your driveway or doorstep typically get sent directly to the recycling center or local garbage dump?
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest (2-25-14)
Rocklin Police Department
The Rocklin Police Department weekly crime report digest for the period of February 17 To February 25, 2014.