Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Storms Bring Good News for Water SupplyPCWA
AUBURN, Calif. - Despite a dry start to 2018, storms in late March and early April have produced above-average precipitation in the watersheds that source Placer County Water Agency's
- Passport Weekend Spectacular Fun in Fair PlayLocal Travel
Fair Play, CA- California is always full of surprise. This weekend marked our return to El Dorado Wines Passport Weekend.
- Roseville Gas Prices Hold Steady Past Week Gas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA,- Roseville gas prices were relatively flat this past week, but remain at levels pushing near 2014 levels at some locations
- Sun City Roseville Harmonicoots 2018 JamboreeLocal News
Roseville, CA- This year, the Harmonicoots will honor all women harmonica players throughout the world at their Jamboree-scheduled for Thursday, May 8, 2018
- Monophonics Sure is Funky at TerrapinMusic Enthusiast
San Rafael,CA- As the mercury pushed into the 70's this past Friday, music fans began slowly dancing their way toward Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael.
- Dog Abandoned in Roseville under Inhumane CircumstancesPlacer SPCA
Roseville, Calif. - A dog was found abandoned in a corner of the Atlantic Street Pet Emergency Center parking lot under terribly inhumane circumstances
- PCF Awards $18,000 in Grants to Promote Civil DiscoursePress Release
(Auburn, Calif.) - Open dialogue and communication are key elements in maintaining a healthy, connected community. To encourage debate, Placer Community Foundation
- 2018 Volkswagen SportWagen provides versatilityJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA,- Versatility is the 2018 Volkswagen SportWagen's main calling card, yet it has other enviable qualities that make it a good choice for car buyers.
- Growing Weed in Placer County? Rules and CompliancePlacer County
Auburn, CA - With Placer County's cannabis ordinance now in effect for over a year, county staff will host three drop-in meetings in May to answer questions about rules for cannabis cultivation
- Construction and Trades Job Fair this SaturdayNews Release
Sacramento, CA- For the fourth year in a row, the North State Building Industry Foundation will hold its annual Skilled Trades Job Fair this Saturday, April 21.
- Fundraiser in honor of Roseville transplant patientNews Release
April is Donate Life Month, but for Roseville resident Jason Crutchley, it's another month spent hoping he will receive a second chance at life.
- (CIA) presents Conversations at Copia: TerroirPress Release
Napa, CA,- The CIA at Copia, The Culinary Institute of America's newest venture in downtown Napa will present Conversations at Copia: Terroir on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- Rick Hillman Named Folsom Police ChiefPress Release
Folsom, CA - Folsom City Manager Evert Palmer recently announced that Folsom Police Department Commander Rick Hillman will be the next City of Folsom Chief of Police.
- Napa Valley: What's New for Spring and SummerPress Release
Napa, CA- Come discover what's new in the Napa Valley, including new and upcoming experiences, shops, wine tasting, restaurants, and hotels.
- Roseville Earth Day Festival at Royer ParkPress Release
Roseville, CA- On Saturday, April 21 from 10am - 3pm, the Arts Council of Placer County will be hosting Earth Day 2018 at Royer Park (190 Park Drive, Roseville, CA 95678)
- BottleRock Napa Valley Lineups for JaMPad Stage and VIP Village Acoustic StagePress Release
NAPA, CA, -- BottleRock Napa Valley 2018, presented by JaM Cellars, has announced the lineups for the JamPad Stage and VIP Village Acoustic Stage powered by Cisco
- Bye Bye Birdie coming to Harris Center in FolsomPress Release
El Dorado Musical Theatre is proud to present Bye Bye Birdie which will run April 27 - May 6, 2018 at the Harris Center
- WJU Clinches First-Ever GSAC TitleBrie Campbell
LINCOLN, Calif. - Wlliam Jessup Warriors recently beat Arizona Christian (9-8, 9-5) to complete the series sweep and become the Golden State Athletic Conference regular season champions
- Sacramento Public Library to Celebrate 100 YearsNews Release
Sacramento, Calif.- Sacramento Public Library will be celebrating the centennial anniversary of the opening of Sacramento's historic City Library with exhibits of Sacramento's
- William Jessup Announces New Research InstitutePress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University recently announced the creation of a new research endeavor, the Institute for Biodiversity and the Environment (IBE).
- Brennan named President of Landmark ConstructionPress Release
Landmark Construction has named Kevin Brennan, Nevada City resident, as president of the $75 million privately owned, public works general contracting company
- Kaiser Permanente in Roseville names Jordan Herget as Senior VPPress Release
Roseville, CA,- Jordan Herget, a health-care executive with more than 13 years of senior leadership experience in multiple health systems, has been named senior vice president and area manager
- 2018 Fiat Spider: Fun, affordable convertibleJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The Spider engine is a Fiat-designed turbocharged 1.4-liter, four cylinder that generates 160 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque
- Placer County Water Agency UpdatesPress Release
AUBURN, Calif. - In anticipation of the 2018 irrigation season, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors have approved a Memorandum of Agreement
- Gambatte!: Legacy of an Enduring Spirit in RosevillePress Release
Roseville, CA - On April 13 the national traveling exhibition, Gambatte! Legacy of an Enduring Spirit: Triumphing Over Adversity Japanese American WWII Incarceration Reflections
- Placer Business Resource Center in RocklinPlacer County
Rocklin, CA- Continuing its commitment to the business community, Placer County recently opened the doors of its new Placer Business Resource Center, offering a one-stop
- ASL Day for All in Rocklin at WJUPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University's American Sign Language (ASL) club will host "ASL Day for All" on Saturday, April 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the growing university.
- Cycling Fundraiser for Loomis SchoolsPress Release
The Loomis Basin Education Foundation is hosting a cycling fundraiser to support fine arts and technology programs in Loomis Basin elementary schools
- Loomis Soroptimist to Host Tostada Bingo Press Release
(LOOMIS, CA) -Tostada Bingo will take place on Saturday, April 21 at the Loomis Memorial Hall, 5945 Horseshoe Bar Road.
- Allie Griffey joins Elevate PR and Marketing TeamPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. -- Elevate Public Relations & Marketing is proud to announce its recent hire of Allie Griffey, who will serve as Elevate's community engagement coordinator
- Granite Bay Grinder Mountain Bike RacePress Release
Folsom, CA - Folsom Lake State Recreation Area in Granite Bay will be packed with high school mountain bike racers on April 14-15 for the annual Granite Bay Grinder
- Thunder Valley Casino Celebrates New Poker Room
Lincoln, CA, - Thunder Valley Casino Resort hosted an official ribbon cutting ceremony this past Wednesday to commemorate the grand opening of their new 25,000 square
- GMC Acadia an improved midsize SUVJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA,- It's time to give the GMC Acadia a look. The changes have been dramatic since GMC decided to revamp its midsize crossover sport utility
- Amanda Blackwood to lead Sacramento Metro ChamberPress Release
SACRAMENTO, CA - The Sacramento Metro Chamber Board of Directors announced recently that Amanda Blackwood will lead the organization as President and CEO effective May 1, 2018.
- NorCal High School Swim Championships in RosevillePress Release
Roseville, CA- Take your marks, get set, go as Woodcreek High School hosts the NorCal High School Swim Championships
- Lowest Gas Prices in RosevilleGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Gas prices continue to go in the wrong direction for consumers in Roseville and California as prices push toward levels not seen since 2014
- Tommy Apostolos Fund 28th Annual Dinner & Dance BenefitPress Release
Roseville, CA,- Join the Tommy Apostolos Fund for its 28th Annual Dinner & Dance Benefit. This event raises much-needed funds to help the nonprofit provide clothing essentials, shoes and school supplies
- Dementia Conversations Workshop in RosevilleNews Release
Roseville, CA- When someone is showing signs of dementia, it is time to talk. Often, conversations with family about dementia and their changing behaviors can be challenging and uncomfortable
- 90 Vendors to Kick Off Midtown Farmers MarketPress Release
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Midtown Association is pleased to announce the launch of the new spring season of the Midtown Farmers Market that will expand a half-block in size to accommodate up to 90
- Homeless Count Down says Placer CountyNews Release
AUBURN, Calif. -- The number of homeless individuals in Placer County decreased slightly in 2018 compared to the previous year, according to county results from the annual point-in-time count
- Placer SPCA Recognizes Local Heroes at Annual FundraiserPress Release
Roseville, CA - A sell-out crowd of 330 people packed the Timber Creek Ballroom at Sun City Roseville recently for the Placer SPCA's 17th Annual Funny Bones Comedy Show & Awards Night.
- Video: Sierra Nevada Snow Depth MeasurementPCWA
Placer County, CA - On Friday, March 30, PCWA performed its snow survey for April records. PCWA's Energy Marketing Manager and Hydrologist Darin Reintjes visited
- Alison Krauss Tour Dates 2018 AnnouncedPress Release
Alison Krauss announces her extensive 50-date tour which includes shows in Northern California this summer.
- Roseville and West Sac Mayors Honorary Chairs for Cap-to-CapSac Chamber
SACRAMENTO, CA - The Sacramento Metro Chamber will lead a delegation of over 360 regional business, civic, and elected officials to Washington, D.C. April 14-18 to meet with federal representatives
- KidsFirst Hosts 20th Annual "Putting Kids First" Awards LuncheonPress Release
ROSEVILLE, Calif. - KidsFirst, a Placer County nonprofit dedicated to treating and preventing child abuse and neglect, is hosting its 20th Annual Putting Kids First Awards Luncheon on Friday, April 6
- What's New in Sonoma County for Spring 2018Press Release
SONOMA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA - Things are really starting to pop in Sonoma County, as we move into spring. A 100th anniversary celebration for a popular Russian River beach resort and two new festivals showcasing Sonoma County's bounty and abundance
- The Challenge for Home BuyersJulie Jalone
Roseville, CA- Realtor Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the current challenges buyers are facing in the Sacramento area housing market.
- Napa Valley Outdoor Concerts Schedule 2018Music Enthusiast
Napa, CA- While the Napa Valley may be best known for its wineries and farm fresh menus to complement each glass or bottle of wine, its temperate climate and breathtaking views also makes the destination an ideal venue for outdoor concerts.
- 2018 Sonoma Harvest Music Festival at B.R. Cohn WineryPress Release
Glen Ellen, Sonoma County, CA -- BottleRock Presents, producers of BottleRock Napa Valley, announces the Sonoma Harvest Music Festival at B.R. Cohn Winery, bringing music back to the winery
- Placer Community Foundation Helps Local Nonprofits Grow and ThriveNews Release
(Auburn, Calif.) - Over 200 nonprofit employees, board members and volunteers representing 51 Placer nonprofits attended Placer Community Foundation's eighth annual Nonprofit Leadership Summit
- California Gas Prices Upping Costs on Spring TravelGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Spring and summer travel will be a little more painful at the pump as gas prices continue to push higher in Roseville and throughout California
- John Adams Academy Choirs Receive Top Honors at Golden Empire Music FestivalPress Release
Sacramento, CA - On Saturday, March 17, 2018, John Adams Academy-Roseville's top choirs, Schola Cantorum and Virtus, performed for a panel of judges at the 63rd Annual Golden Empire Music Festival
- Spring Eggstravaganza at Fairytale TownPress Release
Sacramento, Calif.- Celebrate spring with egg hunts, puppet shows, hands-on activities and more at Fairytale Town's annual Spring Eggstravaganza
- Quarry Park Adventures Now HiringNews Release
Rocklin, CA- Quarry Park Adventures in Rocklin is now hiring. See below for dates, times and locations.
- 2018 Ford Mustang maintains winning formulaJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA,- The Ford Mustang has truly been one of America's iconic cars for the past 54 years. And with a purposeful new redesign three years ago, there's little doubt that the Mustang
- Placer County agrees to buy 400 acres for permanent conservationPlacer County
Auburn, CA,- Nearly 400 acres of grasslands just east of Sheridan will be permanently conserved following recent approval by the Placer County Board of Supervisors of a $5.29 million deal
- Placer County appoints Suzi Vinci as new veterans service officerPlacer County
Auburn, CA- Promoting the interest and welfare of veterans and their families is now the privilege and responsibility of Suzi Vinci, Placer's new veterans service officer
- Nissan does great job with Armada redesignJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA, - Historically, changes have not been part of the playbook for the Nissan Armada.
- 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan enhanced with redesignJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA,- If the Volkswagen Tiguan didn't interest you in the past, perhaps it's time to take a second look.
- Outlook for First Time Home BuyersJulie Jalone
Sacramento area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the shortage of existing homes on the market and he impact on first time buyers.