Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Legislature Votes to Extend Emergency Tax ReliefGeorge Runner
Sacramento - Legislation sponsored by Board of Equalization Member George Runner and fellow BOE members cleared the Legislature yesterday when the State Assembly
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation Benefit Golf TournamentPress Release
Roseville, Calif. - On Sept. 9, Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation will host its 30th Annual Benefit Golf Tournament and Dinner
- Hope for Less Invasive Tests for Bacterial Infections in BabiesUC Davis
(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Physicians from Children's Hospital of Michigan, UC Davis Medical Center and Nationwide Children's Hospital, in collaboration with 19 other pediatric emergency departments
- Food Truck Cinema Sept. 16 at Woodcreek Golf ClubPress Release
Roseville, CA- Woodcreek Golf Club in Roseville will host its inaugural Food Truck Cinema on Friday, Sept. 16 at its driving range.
- Rocklin Flash Crime Report (8.26.16)Rocklin Police Department
Rocklin, CA- Police activity digest update in Rocklin for the period covering August 15- 21, 2016.
- California's Return-to-Prison Rate FallsCDCR
The rate at which people return to prison has consistently trended downward since fiscal year 2005-2006 when the rate was 67.5 percent.
- WJU School Year Begins Amidst Continued GrowthPress Release
ROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University began its 2016-17 academic year August 22 with the largest enrollment in the university's 77-year history.
- Napa's Uptown Theatre: On LocationTravel Staff
Napa, CA- Band of Horses trekked into Napa's Uptown Theatre last night for a stop along their "Why Are You Ok Tour".
- California Fires Update Summary (8.24.16)CalFire
Over 10,000 firefighters are battling 8 large wildfires in California. Two new large fires were reported yesterday in Tulare and Alpine counties on National Forest land.
- Sierra College Patrons Invite Public to MeetingPress Release
Rocklin, CA-- The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invites the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (8.24.16)Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police Department's latest activity and crime log digest update covering the period of August 12-21, 2016.
- County renews $10 Million Emergency Services ContractPlacer County
The county board of supervisors OK'd a $10.6 million contract for fiscal year 2016-17. The contract will provide fire and emergency service for about 52,000 residents.
- Roseville Skatetown to Host International Curling BonspielPlacer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA - The Crush Bonspiel, which began in 2006, is back this Labor Day Weekend at Roseville's Skatetown Ice Arena after taking a one year hiatus.
- Roseville to Host Barbara Boxer FarewellNews Release
Roseville, CA - The Placer County Democratic Party in partnership with the Nevada County Democratic Party and El Dorado County Democratic Party will be hosting a Fond Farewell
- Molly Ringwald at Rocklin's Quarry Park September 17thPress Release
Rocklin, Calif. - Golden Globe nominated actress and jazz musician Molly Ringwald descends into Rocklin's Quarry Park Amphitheater on Saturday, September 17
- Nevada City Hosts Festive Celebration September 10-11News Release
NEVADA CITY, Calif. - The 50th Annual Nevada City Constitution Day Parade tops a full weekend of family fun Sept. 10-11 in this colorful Gold Rush town.
- California Fires Update Summary (8.23.16)CalFire
Last week firefighters across California battled nearly 250 new wildfires containing most to a small acreage. Since the beginning of the year there have been over 4,900 wildfires that have burned over 417,000 acres.
- Roseville Gas Prices Move Off Summer LowsGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Roseville gas prices have risen this past week during a summer which has seen falling prices. Motorists growing hopes for gas under $2 per gallon were dashed
- California Fires Update Summary (8.22.16)CalFire
Over 10,000 firefighters are battling 6 large wildfires in California. Near normal temperatures have helped firefighters gain ground on many of these blazes
- Honda Accord Remains Top-Notch HybridJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The Honda Accord Hybrid is back for 2017 and frankly better than ever.
- Roseville Man Arrested on Suspicion of MolestationRoseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Christopher Blaine Odom, age 43 of Roseville has been arrested on suspicion of committing lewd and lascivious acts
- Sierra College Supports Former Foster YouthNews Release
Rocklin, CA - As the school year begins, Sierra College is taking an extra step to ensure that one group of students gets off to a good start.
- Humboldt Pilot Program to Track and Trace CannabisNews Release
With the state of California on the verge of approving the recreational use of marijuana in November, at least one company is ahead of the curve
- PCWA Board Receives Watershed Health UpdatesPress Release
AUBURN, Calif. - At its August 18 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors received a presentation from Jim Branham
- Cap and Trade: Riverfront Streetcar Receives $30 Million GrantNews Release
Sacramento, CA- The California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA) announced the selection of the Downtown/Riverfront Streetcar for $30 million
- Fill the Pack Donation Drive in Roseville August 27thSheriff's Dept.
Roseville, CA- Similar to the "Fill the Boot" efforts of firefighters, all of our search and rescue teams will be at two Roseville locations on Saturday, Aug. 27, to "fill the pack"
- Autism Speaks Exec Speaks Daniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Lorri Unumb of Lexington, South Carolina, is vice president of state government affairs at Autism Speaks, the world's leading autism science and advocacy organization.
- August is Child Support Awareness Month in Placer CountyPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors have proclaimed August 2016 as Child Support Awareness Month
- California Fires Update Summary (8.19.16)CalFire
Over 9,800 firefighters are battling 6 large wildfires in California.
- Roseville: Hot Pink Fun Run on September 25thNews Release
Roseville, CA - The Placer Breast Cancer Foundation is hosting the ninth annual Hot Pink Fun Run event.
- New Roseville Elementary School Needs a NamePress Release
Roseville, CA - The Roseville City School District is pleased to announce that it is in the process of naming a new elementary school located in the West Park
- Jackson Rancheria: Concert Venue ReviewTravel Staff
Jackson, CA- Jackson Rancheria, a little more than an hour's drive south of Roseville is a fun escape for enthusiasts who enjoy their serving of music without the typical hassles
- William Jessup's New MBA Dean: Dr. Steve StrombeckNews Release
ROCKLIN, CA - William Jessup University, the Sacramento area's only residential four-year private university recently announced that Dr. Steve Strombeck has been named Dean of
- Opinion: Let's Pump the Brakes on Cap-and-TradeGeorge Runner / Op-ed
Roseville, CA- In 2006, elected officials gave the California Air Resources Board (CARB) virtually unchecked authority to implement AB 32, which aims to reduce carbon emissions to 1990 levels
- California Fire Season Rages OnCalFire
California Fire Updates 2016: Over 10,000 firefighters are battling 8 large wildfires in California.
- Tahoe Beach Club Groundbreaking: 30 Years in the MakingNews Release
(Stateline, Nev.) - The Tahoe Beach Club, a 143 luxury condominium residence on the east shore of Lake Tahoe in Nevada, the first full ownership lakefront in 30 years
- First Look: Placer County Master Plan UpdatePlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- The preliminary concepts for the future of the Placer County Government Center campus will be the focus of a community meeting Aug. 24 in North Auburn.
- Homeownership Rate at 50-Year LowJulie Jalone
Roseville, CA -- Realtor, Julie Jalone writes about the recent report by the U.S. Census Bureau which indicates the homeownership rate has dropped to a 50-year low.
- California Fires Update Summary (8.16.16)CalFire
Over 8,500 firefighters are battling 6 large wildfires in California. Full containment was reached on the Stafford and Pilot fires, while firefighters continued to make good progress
- Roseville to Host BMX NorCal State FinalsPlacer Valley Tourism
Roseville, CA - BMX racers from throughout California will be arriving at Oak Creek BMX next Friday in hopes of racing their way to glory in the BMX NorCal State Finals
- Roseville Gas Prices Start the Week LowerGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Roseville gas prices start the week lower as prices move toward the $2 per gallon mark.
- Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe: Great summer getaway for golf, relaxationJeffrey Weidel
Summer provides quite the contrast to the winter months when Northstar California ski resort is covered in white sheets of snow with skiers and snowboarders seemingly everywhere.
- California Fires Update Summary (8.16.16)CalFire
Over 8,800 firefighters are battling 8 large wildfires in California. While yesterday's high temperatures allowed several of the fires to grow in size, firefighters
- Mitsubishi Outlander an affordable SUVJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander, a sport utility vehicle with three rows of seating, can be driven off the dealer lot for a reasonable price.
- Prostate Cancer: UC Davis Scientists receive Grant News Release
(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - The Prostate Cancer Foundation and Movember, the no-shave movement that has raised hundreds of millions for men's health research and programs, have delivered $1 million
- Roseville FBI Headquarters to hold Teen AcademyNews Release
Roseville, CA- The FBI is now accepting now accepting applications for theFBI Teen Academy class to be held in Roseville.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report (8.14.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA - Crime and police report digest update for Roseville, covering the period of August 5- 12, 2016.
- Disability Rights Pioneer Achieving MoreDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
At year's end, Dave Reynolds of Spokane, Washington, will retire from Inclusion Daily Express, the world's only international disability rights news service
- Village at Squaw Valley Redevelopment UpdatePlacer County
Lake Tahoe, CA - The Village at Squaw Valley Specific Plan proposal was recently reviewed by the Placer County Planning Commission. Here's the update.
- Annual Golf Tournament in Roseville on September 23Press Release
Roseville, CA- The 13th annual Bill Santucci Memorial Golf Tournament will take place Friday, Sept. 23 at Sierra View Country Club in Roseville.
- Faulty Residential Electrical Connection Sparks Massive BlazeCalFire
Sacramento - After a comprehensive investigation, CAL FIRE has determined that the 2015 Valley Fire was caused by a faulty residential electrical connection
- Hidden Falls Regional Park Expansion ExploredPlacer County
Roseville, CA- Options for expanding the well-loved Hidden Falls Regional Park west of Auburn will be explored under a new agreement approved by the Placer County Board of Supervisors.
- Placer County Touts Energy Saving EffortsPlacer County
Placer County has saved $1 million a year since 2008 through a comprehensive effort to reduce energy use across its facilities.
- Seniors First to Host Annual Wine & Brew FestPress Release
Seniors First, a Placer County non-profit organization to hold 21st annual Wine & Brew Fest on August 20th.
- Volunteer Shot During Search for Missing PersonSheriff's Dept.
The three-person team was between Brown and Fish Creek when a gunshot rang out and one of the team members, Steven Wolf, went down, reporting he had been shot in the hip.
- Grant Program Benefits Placer County's Fish and WildlifePlacer County
Roseville, CA - Continuing its annual program to improve the health of county's fish and wildlife, the Placer County Fish and Game Commission is soliciting grant proposals
- Roseville Woman Convicted in Fraud CaseDept of Justice
Alla Samchuk, 45, of Roseville was found guilty of six counts of bank fraud, six counts of making a false statement to a financial institution, one count of money laundering, and one count of aggravated identity theft
- New Crossing Signal on Douglas Boulevard Aims for SafetyPlacer County
Roseville, CA. -- Today, a state-of-the-art crossing signal will be activated on Auburn Folsom Road just north of Douglas Boulevard in Granite Bay.
- Roseville Gas Prices Keep Motorists on the MoveGasBuddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Low gas prices in Roseville have been holding steady this past week, with some stations reporting lower prices.
- Joel Gott 2014 Oregon Pinot GrisThe Wine Enthusiast
Roseville, CA- This week we paired up a bottle of Joel Gott 2014 Oregon Pinot Gris with some Mexican inspired food.