Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Free Health Fair for Seniors in Rancho CordovaPress Release
On Wednesday, October 26, Home Instead Senior Care serving the Sacramento, Auburn, El Dorado Hills and surrounding areas is hosting
- Disney on Ice Coming to Golden 1 CenterPress Release
Join Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as your tour guides a magical globetrotting getaway as they travel to the timeless worlds
- Wizard of Oz in Folsom this NovemberPress Release
El Dorado Musical Theatre is proud to present The Wizard of Oz which will run November 4-20, 2016 at the Harris Center
- Advocate Fighting Invisible DisabilitiesDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Christy Smith of Florissant, Missouri, saw nine doctors over a three-year span beginning in 1991 before learning exactly why she had periodic, intense dizzy spells
- Brain Foods and Cognitive Health Lecture October 27thUC Davis MIND Institute
While aging is inevitable, most people want to maintain their brain power including memory, reading comprehension and cognitive skills
- Roseville Gas Price Competition Heats UpGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville have eased slightly during the past week. Competition among the low price leaders has tightened
- Roseville Flash Police Report (10.24.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA- Roseville police activity and summary report for the period covering October 12-21, 2016.
- Subaru Outback features off-road capabilityJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- It's considered a sport utility vehicle, but could easily be mistaken for a wagon. I'm guessing the folks at Subaru could care less how the 2017 Subaru Outback
- Jack Reacher Opens at IMAX in SacramentoPress Release
Sacramento, Calif. - Set four years since the first film events, Jack Reacher is returning to the headquarters of his old military unit, but reveals that he is now
- Remodeling Your Kitchen - Think WhiteJulie Jalone
Roseville, CA- Sacramento Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the basics of remodeling kitchens to get the most out of your investment when selling a home.
- Genetic Testing Could Prevent DisabilityDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Recently, I had quite an experience trying to prevent a disability or two in myself. Several years ago, I found online a genetic testing service and later another similar service
- Mountain Mandarin Festival Seeks VolunteersPress Release
As the Mountain Mandarin Festival, slated for November 18-20, has grown from several hundred visitors to 30,000 visitors, the need for volunteers has multiplied.
- Citrus Tree Quarantine Now at 118 Square MilesPlacer County
After the discovery in September of an insect that can carry a disease fatal to citrus trees, the California Department of Food and Agriculture has placed trees in a 118-square-mile area near Lincoln
- Ridge Tahoe's Dan Garrison Retiring after 34 YearsPress Release
Dan Garrison, the Ridge Tahoe's senior vice president/general manager, will retire in December following a storied 34 years at the resort.
- Salmon Advocate at Next Rooster Tails BreakfastPress Release
The Rooster Tails Fishing Club monthly breakfast will be held at the Auburn Elks Lodge on October 21.
- Placer Gives: Local Resident Leaves Lasting Gift for Disadvantaged YouthNews Release
Roseville, CA - For Irmgard ("Else") Schichtel a childhood in Nazi Germany set in motion a circuitous path towards a permanent fund at Placer Community Foundation that
- Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road provides good versatilityJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- Toyota enjoys huge sales numbers in the U.S., where reportedly half the midsize trucks sold are Tacoma models
- Desert Trip: You Just Might Find, You Get What Ya NeedTravel Staff
Indio, CA- Desert Trip 2016: "Any more fun and we'd be in trouble". Perhaps it was the heat of the desert sun, but
- Roseville could see reinvigorated Placer County FairgroundsPlacer County
Roseville, CA - Negotiations between the County and Placer Valley Tourism could lead to a much needed modernization for the aging Placer County Fairgrounds.
- Granite Bay Subdivision Project ApprovedPlacer County
Roseville, CA - The proposed The Park at Granite Bay subdivision project in Granite Bay was approved by a 4-1 vote
- Martis Valley West Project Wins Final ApprovalPlacer County
AUBURN, Calif. -- Continuing an item from September, the Placer County Board of Supervisors today voted 4-1 to give final approval for the Martis Valley West
- Job Fairs for Winter Season at Squaw Valley and Alpine MeadowsPress Release
Olympic Valley, Calif.] - Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announces two winter job fairs for individuals to apply for a variety positions at both resorts
- Sierra College Press Release: King SequoiaPress Release
Rocklin, CA - Sierra College Press has published "King Sequoia" by author and retired national park ranger, William C. Tweed.
- Pumpkin Patches in Roseville and beyondStaff Report
Roseville, CA- To quote the character Linus from Charlie Brown, " There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
- FBI Office in Roseville Now OpenDept of Justice.
Roseville, CA - Today, the Sacramento Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hosted an opening ceremony and ribbon cutting to officially debut
- Comcast Fined for Wrongfully Charging CustomersFederal Communications Commission
The FCC's Enforcement Bureau today announced that Comcast Corporation will pay a $2.3 million fine to resolve an investigation into whether the company wrongfully charged cable
- Placer County Water Agency UpdatePCWA
In anticipation of the coming winter irrigation season, Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board Directors approved
- Harry Potter Films in IMAX CelebrationPress Release
All eight Harry Potter films will screen for the first time in domestic IMAX locations for an exclusive one-week engagement beginning October 13.
- California Woman Fulfills Dream in MexicoTravel Staff
Harris, who lived in Big Sur for 27 years, found property in the tiny Mexican seaside town of Cabo Pulmo on the east coast of the Baja Peninsula
- Chevy Tahoe: Revised and better than everJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA- The 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe certainly meets the criteria for car shoppers with that "bigger is better" mentality.
- Double Amputee Lives for Yet Another DayDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
For personal reasons, "Billy" did not want his real name revealed here. He lives in the Midwest as a double-leg, below-knee amputee and has had more brushes with death
- WJU Launches School of BusinessNews Release
Rocklin, CA - William Jessup University will host a ribbon cutting ceremony for the newly formed School of Business on
- Roseville Flash Crime Activity Report (10.7.16)Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville police activity log and crime report for the period of September 30- October 6, 2016.
- Roseville and Auburn Public Forums on AgingNews Release
Roseville, CA - Did you know that more than 93,000 people age 60 and older now live in Placer County? And that number is growing by about 260 people each month.
- Veterans' Property Tax Exemption Bill Signed Into LawNews Release
Sacramento - Governor Brown has signed legislation (SB 1458). The bill expands eligibility for the state's property tax exemption to disabled military veterans
- Ken Broadway Joins Rocklin City CouncilCity of Rocklin
Rocklin, CA- Rocklin officials have selected Ken Broadway to fill the Rocklin City Council post recently vacated by Diana Ruslin.
- Is it Time to Renew Your Lease or Buy Your First Home?Julie Jalone
Roseville, CA - Sacramento Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, gives renters, who are considering making the move to homeownership, some questions to ask themselves to see if they are ready to buy.
- Free Water Workshop for Placer County TeachersPCWA
On Saturday, October 8, Project WET (Water Education for Teachers) will host a free workshop for Placer County teachers, grades K-12
- Hyatt Regency Monterey: Adventure in Fun and FoodTravel Staff
Monterey, CA -Luckily for us, an invitation to take up residence at The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa in Monterey was just what "the doctor" ordered.
- Roseville Gas Prices Expected to Move HigherGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA - Roseville gas prices remained flat this week, but with oil prices pushing higher it could be short lived. Brent Crude prices pushed
- Childhood Trauma Leading to Adult DisabilityDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
Many adults with disabilities may have their disabling conditions because of emotional trauma experienced in childhood, said book author
- JB Brown Fund Awards 44 ScholarshipsPress Release
ROSEVILLE - Helping residents achieve their dreams and build a better future for themselves and their families are the foundation of the JB Brown Fund
- Local Grant to Help Fund Senior Nutrition ProgramsSeniors First
(AUBURN, CA) - Seniors First has been awarded a $10,000 grant through the James and Virginia Benson Memorial Fund, managed by the Sacramento Region Community Foundation
- Public Invited to Sierra College Patrons Meeting in RocklinPress Release
Rocklin, CA - The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invites the public and those interested in becoming members of the
- Lexus NX 200t Review: Aggressive and EdgyJeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Roseville, CA - The NX 200t has some aggressive design angles and the standard Lexus front end features thin lights and a nose that one car reviewer says resembles a rat's angry expression.
- Roseville Flash Crime Report Update (9.29.16)Roseville PD
Roseville, CA- Police activity log from Roseville Police for the period covering September 17-27, 2016.
- What is Your Realtor Doing?Julie Jalone
Julie Jalone, Sacramento Realtor with MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, explains what many Realtors are doing when they are not with their clients.
- Rocklin Flash Crime Report (9.28.16)Rocklin Police
Rocklin, CA- The latest police activity report from Rocklin Police covering the period of September 12- 18, 2016.
- UC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center Grant RenewedPress Release
The UC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center, which investigates cognitive aging and dementia, has received renewed funding of $6.9 million
- Seniors First Receives Grant from Alzheimer's Foundation of AmericaPress Release
Seniors First, located in Auburn, has announced the receipt of a $5,000 grant from the Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Allyhoos Comfort Young Hospital PatientsDaniel J. Vance MS, LPCC
It all began with her own physical suffering, and through this suffering she has helped heal others.
- Best & Worst Cities for People with Disabilities
The results are in for 2016's Best & Worst Cities for People with Disabilities.
- Steven Pedretti: New Community Development Resource Agency directorPlacer County
Guiding future development in Placer County is now in the hands of Steven Pedretti, Placer's new Community Development Resource Agency director.
- Grant to Support Seniors First Meal Delivery ProgramPress Release
Seniors First Executive Director Jamee Horning is honored to announce the receipt of $15,000 from Sierra Health Foundation, a private philanthropy committed to improving health
- Draft Vision for Sunset Area and Placer Ranch in South PlacerPlacer County
Roseville, CA - Placer County planners today unveiled the first draft land use vision for Placer Ranch and the Sunset Area in south Placer
- $3 Million Plan to Remove Damaged Trees Approved by SupervisorsPlacer County
County staff has identified approximately 1,800 trees in need of immediate removal. With an estimate of $1,700 per tree, the total cost of the project is expected to be about $3.1 million
- Rocklin Venues to Host Cyclocross RacesPress Release
Rocklin, CA - On October 8 and 9 Sacramento Cyclocross will kick-off their cyclocross race season with exhilarating events in two Rocklin locations
- Roseville Woman Sentenced to 14 Year Prison SentenceDept of Justice
Rachel Siders, 41, of Roseville, was sentenced to 14 and a half years in prison for her involvement in mortgage fraud schemes that cost financial institutions over $17 million
- Roseville Gas Prices Ticking UpwardGas Buddy / Staff
Roseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville and surrounding communities continue to push upward
- Lincoln Showcase: Fun, Exceptionally DoneTravel Staff
Lincoln, CA- Under a clear and comfortably warm autumn sky, Lincoln once again rose to the occasion for the annual Lincoln Showcase