Roseville - Rocklin & Placer County News
- Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer Drivers
Local gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
- Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14th
Arguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
- 3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents Jailed
Ashleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
- Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental Review
With the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
- Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research Awards
Research could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
- Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New Members
City of Roseville
The Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
- Adoption Involving Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Laura Bloch adored his picture. "My husband and I had just been approved through an adoption agency and the agency sent out a letter with a picture of a child on it,"
- Hyundai scores with Santa Fe SUVs
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
One of Hyundai's more impressive vehicles is the 2014 Santa Fe, a sport utility vehicle that has three rows and seats seven. It replaced the 2012 Veracruz in the Hyundai lineup.
- Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
George Runner / Op-ed
It's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system
- Should Art be added to STEM?
The Sierra College STEM Collaborative published "Exploring STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics" by Elizabeth Dayton, Ph.D. to explore the evidence in support of adding arts and innovation to the national effort to encourage STEM education and careers.
- Supervisors Convene at Squaw Valley for Tahoe Issues
Placer County, CA -- Under warm and partly cloudy July Sierra Nevada skies, the Placer Board of Supervisors held a regularly scheduled two-day meeting in Squaw Valley.
- Border Crisis and Illegal Immigration in the United States
Congressman Tom McClintock
Congressman McClintock recently delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the United States Border Crisis.
- Placer County Wines Honored with 52 Awards
Placer County Wine Trail wines have delighted judges' taste buds again at this year's California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
- Influences of Cognitive Abilities in Old Age Study
Early life experiences, such as childhood socioeconomic status and literacy, may have greater influence on the risk of cognitive impairment late in life than such demographic characteristics
- Big Check Scam Targets Roseville Business
Roseville Police Dept.
Roseville, CA -- Recently a Roseville business person received a large order for merchandise from an overseas destination.
- Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer County
Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
- Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement Offers
California Contractors State License Board
The California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
- Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20th
Sierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
- California Limits Full Contact Football for Students
California State Legislature
Governor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
- Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.23.14)
Roseville Police Dept.
The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 23, 2014.
- Job Fair in Roseville August 22nd
Roseville, CA -- Multiple community agencies including Brandman University, The City of Roseville Libraries, Placer, Sacramento and El Dorado Counties, Golden Sierra Job Training, and Sacramento Works
- Placer County Republican Party To Hold 2014 Convention
LOOMIS - The Placer County Republican Party will hold its endorsement convention on Aug. 23 to select which candidates to support for local offices in Placer County.
- Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (7.22.14)
Rocklin Police Department
The Rocklin Police Department's crime report digest update for the period of July 15, 2014 - July 21, 2014.
- Recovery Plan for California Salmon and Steelhead
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
NOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley
- Tahoe Public Projects Garner Attention
Tahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
- Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and Lincoln
Placer Valley Tourism
ASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
- Auburn Woman Attacked Inside Home
Placer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
- Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5th
City of Rocklin
Each community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
- Raley's Wins Telly Awards
Raley's has been awarded an astounding total of 24 Telly Awards in Commercial and Online Video categories
- Summer Gas Prices Continue Dropping
Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 4.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.94/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720 gas outlets
- Noodles & Company Opening Roseville and Rocklin Locations
Noodles & Company is opening two new locations in Roseville and Rocklin over the next two weeks.
- Traumatic Brain Injury Was Devastating
Daniel J. Vance MS, LPC, NCC
Four days after getting his driver's license at age 16 in 1975, Todd Bode was coaxed into joining his big brother on a road trip. The hook was that Bode would be allowed to drive.
- 57 Year Old Sentenced in Mailbox Destruction Case
Dept of Justice
Richard Lee Gray, 57, of Foresthill, was recently sentenced to one year in prison for destroying U.S. Post Office letter boxes, being a felon in possession of ammunition, and
- Family of 5: Saving Big on TV, Internet and Phones
Recently, we decided to reevaluate our Comcast and AT&T services due to the combination of poor customer service and pricing issues.
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Offers Solid Value
Jeffrey Weidel - Weidel on Wheels
Although the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander went through a much-needed redesign this year, note that the Sport model only made minor changes.
- UC Davis Earns Most Wired for Fourth Consecutive Year
For the fourth consecutive year, UC Davis Health System has earned "Most Wired" status as one of the nation's health leaders in information technology
- Rocklin Sting Helps Net Sex Offenders and Felons
Video: Rocklin Sting Helps Net Sex Offenders and Felons as Ninety-seven people may face criminal charges after being caught in 14 simultaneous statewide undercover sting operations.
- California Sales Tax Rates Heat Map
California has more than two hundred sales tax rate jurisdictions, which can be confusing for taxpayers," said Runner.
- Governor Brown Signs AB1964 Gun Law
Governor Jerry Brown signed AB1964, legislation that will close a loophole that has allowed gun dealers to skirt California law and sell handguns without safety features.
- Design Thinking in the Core Classroom Offered
Design Thinking & Using Technology for Instruction will be offered by Sierra College STEM with PUHSD on July 30