Naturopathic Wellness - Dr. Dennis Godby
- Successful Transitions for Young Adults with Neurodevelopmental DisordersMIND Institute
Sacramento, CA- For many people with disabilities, the excitement of life after high school is accompanied by challenges with finding and receiving the services and supports
- Alzheimer's: Prevent Memory Loss, Dementia with Naturopathic Medicine Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
According to a recent 60 Minutes (CBS) story, 2 of every 5 U.S. seniors that reach 85 years of age will develop Alzheimer's Disease
- 7 Things You Can Do Today to Reduce Anxiety and Increase JoyDr. Jina Ethelbah, ND, RDH
Roseville, CA- Are you experiencing higher levels of stress or anxiety lately? You can approach your stress/anxiety with your mind, body, spirit, and emotional health in mind.
- Top 5 Healthy Heart Habits : A Dose of Vitamin Ray with Dr. RayDr. Revee Barbour, ND, MS
Did you know, heart disease is still the leading cause of death in both men and women in the United States? In fact, per The American Heart Association
- Your Health: Not Getting Blood TestsDr. Dennis Godby, ND
It is extremely unfortunate that most patients will not even think of going to a doctor until they have symptoms, which
- What to Know Before You Go to the DoctorDr. Dennis Godby, ND
If you are seeking optimal health, the good news is that it is easier and less complicated than you may think. Below are the "no-brainer" things that you must know.
- Gluten SensitivityDr. Dennis Godby & Dietitian Meghan
It could be about life and death. As gluten free breads, cakes, snacks and menus are becoming more popular, many people are asking, "What's all the fuss??"
- Knowledge and Prevention for Greater Well-BeingMeghan O'Hara, RD and Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
This is the third of a three part series on the principles of naturopathic medicine. These six principles are founded on medical tradition and scientific evidence and used by naturopathic doctors to diagnose and treat patients
- Letting nature heal, and curing the whole planetMeghan O’Hara, RD and Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
These six principles are founded on medical tradition and scientific evidence and used by naturopathic doctors to diagnose and treat patients.
- The Founding Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
As Naturopathic Medicine becomes increasingly popular, (there are now over 400 licensed California -licensed natural medicine primary care doctors) many people have been wondering, "What exactly is Naturopathy?"
- Spring Cleaning for Your LifeDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Spring is the perfect season to open the doors and windows of our homes and do a thorough "spring cleaning." It is also a great time to "air out" the houses of our body and mind
- Live a healthy life by choice, not chanceMeghan O'Hara and Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
In contemplating this month's column near the March 17 celebration date, we thought of the word 'luck,' and that getting and staying healthy is anything but luck.
- How to Get the Love You WantMeghan O'Hara, RD and Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
While Valentine's Day is a special day on the 365 day calendar to celebrate love, romance and treat the other significant people in our lives with extra kindness and intimacy
- Healthy Weight Loss in the New YearDr. Dennis Godby, ND, and Meghan O'Hara, RD
As health care providers, we fully recognize that excess weight leads to higher rates of diabetes, heart disease, stroke and other serious health conditions. But we're equally aware of the tragic consequences of a nation striving to look like supermodels, unable to accept their own unique bodies.
- Anti-Inflammatory NutritionDr. Dennis Godby, ND
The secret to quelling the fire - Could you use the gift of health this holiday season? You can transform your health and energy in as little as two weeks by adhering to the "anti-inflammatory nutritional plan
- Arm yourself for Swine Flu and Winter IllnessDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Many are conflicted - to get the H1N1 (Swine Flu) shot or not.Regardless of what you decide for you and your family members, everyone would be wise to work at preventing the flu. Your best defense against the virus or any other infection is to strengthen your immune system
- Male Menopause and the Female Hormone ProgesteroneDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Perhaps you are among the tens of millions of men in this country who are on the slippery slope of losing vitality, will admit, at least to yourself, that you are going downhill, and in the process are losing some of your enthusiasm for life as you age.
- Andropause -Male MenopauseDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Are you among the millions of men who are losing vitality as you age - also called andropause (the male version of menopause) - the lowering of "androgen
- California threatens naturopathic careDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Most California healthcare consumers are probably unaware that Governor Schwarzenegger is recommending the elimination of the Naturopathic Licensing Bureau, which licenses naturopathic doctors
- Some tests just shouldn't be graded on a curveDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Has your doctor told you, "your blood test results are completely normal," but instead of feeling relief, you felt worse, knowing that something was wrong, but the doctor was unable to find any answers?
- Insomnia, Sleep On It and Feel RefreshedDr. Dennis Godby, ND
A sleep study showed that 47% of adults and 57% of children in the U.S. do not sleep enough. The American daily average is now only 6 hours and 40 minutes, and still declining, far off the adult-recommended 8 hours, and far below the 9 hours that Americans used to sleep
- Starting a New Exercise Program, not a LuxuryDr. Dennis Godby, ND
When my patients use their age to justify their declining health and energy, I just say "Jack LaLanne, still going strong at almost 95 years young," to encourage them to set their sights on preventing disease, and to strive for feeling healthy, energetic, strong and vital. Regular, vigorous exercise is a requirement for this to occur!
- Build Muscle: Burn More FatDr. Dennis Godby, ND
While you can't change a slow metabolic genetic predisposition, you can still burn fat more efficiently, add more muscle, and get and stay healthy.
- Food Allergies - What You Don't Know Can Hurt YouDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Naturopathic medical doctors often see themselves as "medical detectives." One of the six powerful principles of naturopathic medical doctors is to identify and treat the underlying causes of illness and to help patients remove the obstacles to cure, rather than merely treating symptoms
- Heal yourself and the planetDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th U.S. president has given many Americans a new reason for optimism and hope
- Attitude impacts well-beingDr. Dennis Godby, ND
As we embark upon another holiday season, and difficult economic times, we may want to "go back to the drawing board," and decide what is really important in our lives, relationships and health!
- Vitamin D levels drop as winter's gloom nearsDr. Dennis Godby, ND
If living a long and healthy life is a priority, it is imperative to know that simply having a low level of Vitamin D is associated with an amazing 26 percent increased rate of death, from all causes, according to an August, 2008 Archives of Internal Medicine study.
- Nutritional Supplements QualityDr. Dennis Godby, ND
The most expensive dietary supplement you can take is the one that does not work, or even worse, may even cause harm!
- Children's health in the new school yearDr. Dennis Godby, ND
One thing I know for certain - parenting is tough, very tough. I am reminded of that fact, daily, not just by having two teenage sons myself, but also hearing the many gut-wrenching stories of the concerned parents who enter my office looking for answers for their children's health.
- Gluten sensitivity shows up all over the patient's bodyDr. Dennis Godby, ND
The celiac disease (CD)/gluten intolerance (GI) good news is that this condition is 100% curable
- Celiac Disease and a Gluten Free DietDr. Dennis Godby, ND
I have to admit, despite a thorough naturopathic medical education, I didn't take celiac disease (CD) seriously enough
- Adrenal fatigue, perfectionism and your health Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
The drive to succeed can lead down a wrong path. Pursuing excellence is admired, encouraged and rewarded by our society
- Liver DetoxificationDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Our bodies must be able to detoxify, or neutralize, toxins in the environment (chemicals, plastics, heavy metals, etc.), as well as those produced within our own bodies.
- Spring Cleaning for the BodyDr. Dennis Godby, ND
If the new season inspires you to spring-clean your home, you may want to add "spring cleaning" for your body as well!
- Metabolic indicators hold key to preventing diabetes and heart diseaseDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome are at the heart of both type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- It's a Toxic World, and Our Bodies Have to Deal With ItDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Our bodies absorb or ingest toxins on a daily basis from our: food, air, homes, water, drugs and medications, which dramatically affect our health.
- Medical testing can find the source of what ails usDr. Dennis Godby, ND
If you want to make dramatic improvement in your health in 2008, Dr. Chris Meletis, ND, recommends four simple laboratory tests before embarking on your health journey. Meletis tells his patients, "Tests Don't Guess."
- It's winter - Are your transmitters up to par?Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
With daylight diminishing and winter approaching, November is a wonderful time to find out if you have neurotransmitter imbalances, as the neurotransmitter, serotonin, is normally at its lowest in the winter.
- Hypochlorhydria Dr. Dennis Godby, ND
If you or a loved one experiences: frequent after meal abdominal bloating, gas, "heartburn," indigestion and belching; weak fingernails; hair loss or thin, brittle hair; dry or weak skin; or a sense of rapid aging, please keep reading about a condition, not well-known in conventional medicine - low hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- Stress: The Great Accelerator of AgingDr Godby
Every stress leaves an indelible scar, and the organism pays for its survival after a stressful situation by becoming a little older. - Hans Selye
- Parents Can Set Up Children For Lifetime of Good HealthDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Despite material abundance and technological success, or perhaps because of it, statistics show that our children are part of one of the unhealthiest generations in world history.
- Exercise is the Key to Vitality, Overcoming DepressionDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Chemicals secreted by the brain contribute to what endurance exercise enthusiasts call “runner’s high.” Even though the physical benefits of exercise are enormous, the mental clarity, vitality, and improvement in perceived quality of life is what keeps people motivated to exercise, day after day.
- Poor eating habits contribute to depressionDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Although there is rarely just one cause, a poor diet often makes a significant contribution to depression. A deficiency of any single nutrient can alter brain function and lead to depression, anxiety and other mental disorders.
- Depression a Widespread Source of SufferingDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Depression significantly impacts the lives for at least 10% of the U.S. population
- Lifestyle changes can help tame the diabetes epidemicDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Type 2 diabetes (T2D), now epidemic in the United States, is a national tragedy, as 1 in 3 Americans - born in the 21st century - are expected to become diabetic, even young children.
- Hormones key to dropping excess weightDr. Dennis Godby, ND
To improve body composition and achieve optimal health, balancing your hormones are critical to short- and long-term success.
- Dropping Weight is as American as apple pieDr. Dennis Godby, ND
(First of a two-part series on improving body composition and shedding unwanted, hard-to-lose pounds.)
- Gut Feeling: Some Bacteria Need to SurviveDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Americans fill 300 million antibiotic prescriptions every year - one for every man, woman and child.
- Human Genome Project: Personal ImpactDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Incredibly, a couple of years ago, the entire Human Genome was mapped! You might be thinking, "What is that and how does it affect me?"
- Balance in Diet, Temperment Key to Avoiding a Leaky GutDr. Dennis Godby, ND
Is your gut, "leaky?" Last month's article on hidden and delayed food allergies (IgG reactions), concluded that "leaky gut syndrome" (LGS) is suspected if