Real FoodThis section is made possible by Joanne Neft and Laura Kenny.
- Farmers Market coming to UC Davis Health SystemUC Davis Health System
UC Davis Health System launches a weekly farmers market on May 16, reflecting a national trend that expands access to fresh, locally grown produce sold directly to consumers.
- Farmers Market Schedule Placer County
Roseville, CA - As the air warms and flowers blossom, local residents take the outdoors and begin flocking to local farmers' markets.
- Pink-Eyed Peas - Placer County's Real FoodReal Food
It's a nice surprise to discover a big basket of pink-eyed peas on a growers table. I immediately think about the many tasty ways to serve this beautiful vegetable.
- Blackberries - Placer County's Real FoodReal Food
Blackberries are high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, and the essential mineral manganese. The seeds contain oil rich in Omega-3 and linoleic acid.
- Peaches - Placer County's Real FoodReal Food
Everyone remembers eating a just-picked perfectly ripe peach, biting into it and suddenly realizing peach juice is dripping down your chin and arm. You have just entered peach heaven.
- Fig Fantasy - Placer County's Real FoodReal Food
Ripe figs, mainly Kadota and Black Mission, are abundant and delicious this time of year, so we vowed to do an entire menu focused on figs.