Roseville celebrates National Night Out
Neighborhoods throughout Roseville are getting together Tuesday night, August 2, to celebrate the 28th Annual National Night Out--American's Night Out Against Crime! On National Night Out, neighbors and City of Roseville staff join forces to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Many neighborhoods are planning potlucks, block parties and other get-togethers. Here are a few of the larger events, where drop-ins are welcome:
- The Folsom Road Neighborhood is hosting music and a potluck by the stage in Royer Park from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Cresthaven Neighborhood Association will have their traditional big barbeque and potluck in Cresthaven Park from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Roseville Heights will meet at the North Roseville Rec Center at 313 High Street from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with games, a water slide, face painting and other fun for the whole family.
- The Blue Oaks Neighborhood Association is celebrating at Veteran's Memorial Park North on Crocker Ranch Road from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The festivities include a bounce house for the kids.
- The West Park and Fiddyment Farms Neighborhood Associations are gathering in Nichols Park, behind Chilton Middle School from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with hot dogs, jump houses and home safety demonstrations .
The Roseville Police Department thanks Target and their employees for their generous yearly support of National Night Out.
Print This Article
Placer County News Headlines$96,000 Raised for Fallen Officers with Help of Dutch Bros.On Wednesday, October 29, Dutch Bros. Coffee owners in the Sacramento area banded together with the community to raise $96,697 to support the families of Sacramento Sheriff Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer County Sheriff's Detective Michael David Davis Jr.
Roseville Police Seek Suspect in Halloween Crime61-year-old Daniel Rosario is being sought by Roseville police in connection with an early-morning burglary, car theft and attempted assault on an officer
Roseville, Rocklin Among Top Choices for Young FamiliesRoseville and Rocklin are ranked among the top 10 places in Northern California for young families according to a NerdWallet report
Kings, Sacramento Community Break Ground on Arena Marking the culmination of a decade-long effort to build a new arena in Sacramento, today the community officially celebrated the groundbreaking of the new downtown Entertainment and Sports Center (ESC).
Roseville Hit and Run Reward OfferedRoseville Crime Stoppers is offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest of a wrong-way driver who crashed into another car and then fled the scene
Free Alzheimer's Caregivers Workshop at UC DavisOnline registration begins Nov. 4 for the UC Davis Mini Medical School, a series of Saturday classes ideally geared for foresighted middle-agers and novice seniors
Roseville California Crime Brief (10.29.14) Crime brief update report for Roseville, California October 29, 2014.
Halloween Safety TipsCostumes, jack-'o-lanterns, haunted house and scary ghost stories mark this time of year as all kids of all ages enjoy the spirit of Halloween
Memorial for Slain Officer to be Held in RosevilleThe memorial service for Detective Michael Davis, who was killed in the line of duty will be held Tuesday, November 4, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. at Adventure Christian Church
2,400 Volunteers Turn Out in Rocklin for Annual EventMore than 2,400 volunteers packed 520,992 meals for malnourished children around the world at a three-day event at William Jessup University in Rocklin.
Sinking Gas Prices Won't Last The U.S. average price of gasoline ($3.03/gal) continues its slide to levels last seen in December 2010... and today, more than one-half of the nation's gas stations offer regular
Dutch Bros. to Raise Funds for Fallen Officers' Families Dutch Bros. Coffee owners in the Sacramento area are raising funds to support the families of Sacramento Sheriff Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer County Sheriff's Detective Michael David Davis Jr.