Roseville celebrates National Night Out
Neighborhoods throughout Roseville are getting together Tuesday night, August 2, to celebrate the 28th Annual National Night Out--American's Night Out Against Crime! On National Night Out, neighbors and City of Roseville staff join forces to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Many neighborhoods are planning potlucks, block parties and other get-togethers. Here are a few of the larger events, where drop-ins are welcome:
- The Folsom Road Neighborhood is hosting music and a potluck by the stage in Royer Park from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Cresthaven Neighborhood Association will have their traditional big barbeque and potluck in Cresthaven Park from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Roseville Heights will meet at the North Roseville Rec Center at 313 High Street from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with games, a water slide, face painting and other fun for the whole family.
- The Blue Oaks Neighborhood Association is celebrating at Veteran's Memorial Park North on Crocker Ranch Road from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The festivities include a bounce house for the kids.
- The West Park and Fiddyment Farms Neighborhood Associations are gathering in Nichols Park, behind Chilton Middle School from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with hot dogs, jump houses and home safety demonstrations .
The Roseville Police Department thanks Target and their employees for their generous yearly support of National Night Out.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesNew California Laws 2017 (Part 15)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 15 includes criminal gangs, property taxes, real estate licenses, terrorist activity, child abuse, voting: felons, human trafficking
Study: Lung Cancer Patients Not Receiving TreatmentA national study by researchers at UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center has found that a significant number of lung cancer patients are not receiving treatment.
$21 Million for Regional Small BusinessesThe Capital Region Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has surpassed significant milestones in helping regional businesses
Rocklin Preschoolers Donate to Children in NeedROCKLIN, CA, - Students at Merryhill Preschool in Rocklin collected 69 pairs of pajamas to benefit local children in need for the holidays.
Bust Water Use Myths in Water Spots Video ContestLocal area middle and high school students can win cash prizes and the opportunity to view their video on the Raley Field Jumbotron
Placer SPCA seeks 2017 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2017 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 16th annual Funny Bones Comedy & Awards Night
Beatles vs. Stones Tribute at Harlows this MarchThe debate between the Beatles and the Rolling Stones has been going on ever since they first crossed paths on the charts 53 years ago
Man Still Recovering from TBITwo years back, I featured Daniel Mignerey who somehow survived life-threatening injuries on February 6, 2015
Rocklin Library hosts Lend A Heart Therapy DogsRocklin, CA- The Doggone Good Reading Group meets the second Tuesday of every month from 3:30 to 4:30 at the Rocklin Library
Placer Vineyards granted Regional General PermitJust west of Roseville, Placer Vineyards was granted its Regional General Permit
Roseville Flash Police Digest UpdateRoseville, CA- The latest from Roseville Police activity log updates covering the period of January 5- 12, 2017.
Volvo S90: New luxury sedan replaces S80Roseville, CA- The new, rather cool 2017 Volvo S90, which becomes the Swedish automaker's flagship sedan. The S90 has little in common with the S80 and is newly designed from the ground up.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It