Roseville celebrates National Night Out
Neighborhoods throughout Roseville are getting together Tuesday night, August 2, to celebrate the 28th Annual National Night Out--American's Night Out Against Crime! On National Night Out, neighbors and City of Roseville staff join forces to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Many neighborhoods are planning potlucks, block parties and other get-togethers. Here are a few of the larger events, where drop-ins are welcome:
- The Folsom Road Neighborhood is hosting music and a potluck by the stage in Royer Park from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Cresthaven Neighborhood Association will have their traditional big barbeque and potluck in Cresthaven Park from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Roseville Heights will meet at the North Roseville Rec Center at 313 High Street from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with games, a water slide, face painting and other fun for the whole family.
- The Blue Oaks Neighborhood Association is celebrating at Veteran's Memorial Park North on Crocker Ranch Road from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The festivities include a bounce house for the kids.
- The West Park and Fiddyment Farms Neighborhood Associations are gathering in Nichols Park, behind Chilton Middle School from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with hot dogs, jump houses and home safety demonstrations .
The Roseville Police Department thanks Target and their employees for their generous yearly support of National Night Out.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRob McAllister Joins Halldin Public RelationsROCKLIN - Longtime Sacramento news reporter Rob McAllister, who became well known for his reporting at both KFBK 1530 radio and KOVR CBS 13 television in Sacramento
Roseville Burglars Evade PoliceRoseville, CA - Police officers searched the Crescendo Drive area extensively today after a resident reported an attempted burglary
Newcastle Resident Elected Region Governor of SoroptomistJacqueline "Jackie" DeMartini, of Newcastle, California is serving a two-year term as Sierra Nevada Region Governor of Soroptimist, an international volunteer organization for women.
10 Year Old Girl Abducted in CarmichaelAt approximately 3:00AM, an unknown white male adult entered a residence through an unlocked door and removed a child under the age of ten years old from the residence against her will.
Writing Your Life Story Workshop September 13thBud Gardner, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, part of the New York Times best-selling series, will conduct a workshop, How to Write Your Life Story, on Saturday, Sept. 13th
Jessup Gala to Celebrate 75th Anniversary on September 20thROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University will host the Jessup Gala on Saturday, September 20 from 6-9 p.m. The dinner and program festivities raise funds for student scholarships.
Brandman University Adding Roseville LocationRoseville,CA -- Brandman University will be locating at 400 Sunrise Blvd. The 9,182 square foot tenant improvement is valued at over $300,000.
Roseville California Crime Brief (8.31.14)Roseville, CA - Roseville California crime brief update report for August 31, 2014.
Acura ILX: Luxury Vehicle, Reasonable PriceFor car shoppers looking for an upscale luxury sedan that doesn't arrive with a luxurious price tag, Acura debuted the ILX a year ago and its back for 2014 virtually unchanged
People with Autism Especially VulnerablePerhaps like you, recently I read of an incident in Okeechobee, Florida, in which an 18-year-old man was recorded on video beating, choking, kicking, and holding a knife to the throat of a 16-year-old boy with autism.
54 Year Old Roseville Woman Killed with Own VehicleRoseville- 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson was killed when her SUV rolled backwards as she was retrieving a bicycle from her 1997 Ford Explorer.
Photos: Napa Earthquake DamageWe recently had the opportunity to tour Napa following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake. The downtown area of Napa which contains many older buildings was hit especially hard.