Roseville celebrates National Night Out
Neighborhoods throughout Roseville are getting together Tuesday night, August 2, to celebrate the 28th Annual National Night Out--American's Night Out Against Crime! On National Night Out, neighbors and City of Roseville staff join forces to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Many neighborhoods are planning potlucks, block parties and other get-togethers. Here are a few of the larger events, where drop-ins are welcome:
- The Folsom Road Neighborhood is hosting music and a potluck by the stage in Royer Park from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Cresthaven Neighborhood Association will have their traditional big barbeque and potluck in Cresthaven Park from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Roseville Heights will meet at the North Roseville Rec Center at 313 High Street from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with games, a water slide, face painting and other fun for the whole family.
- The Blue Oaks Neighborhood Association is celebrating at Veteran's Memorial Park North on Crocker Ranch Road from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The festivities include a bounce house for the kids.
- The West Park and Fiddyment Farms Neighborhood Associations are gathering in Nichols Park, behind Chilton Middle School from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with hot dogs, jump houses and home safety demonstrations .
The Roseville Police Department thanks Target and their employees for their generous yearly support of National Night Out.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesHoy for the Hall of FameI guess every year you'll just have to get used to reading about William Elsworth "Dummy" Hoy, a deaf professional baseball player from 1888-1902
Placer County Fairgrounds: In a State of FluxRoseville, CA -- After a detailed presentation and lively discussion among the Supervisors, staff and the public, the Placer County Board of Supervisors this week directed Facility Services staff to
Suspect Sought in Granite Bay Bank RobberyPlacer County sheriff's detectives are asking the public's help in identifying the suspect who robbed a Granite Bay bank on the morning of September 12, 2014.
Placer County's Annual Recover Happens September 20thPlacer County's 14th annual Recover Happens celebration, a community event open to all, will take place this year in Auburn's Recreation Park, 123 Recreation Dr., near Old Town
Placer County's Criminal Justice System: A Master PlanPlacer County staff recently presented the Board of Supervisors with an update on the Criminal Justice Master Plan.
Acorn Harvesters Needed: Do You Have What It Takes?The Sacramento Tree Foundation is recruiting acorn Harvesters for the fall 2014 Acorn Harvest. Training to be held in Rocklin.
Sammy Hagar Concert in Roseville to Benefit Placer Food BankSammy Hagar Concert Attendees Recommended to Carpool, Asked to Bring Non-perishable Food Items
Roseville to Host USA BMX State FinalsRoseville, CA - The USA BMX Northern California State Finals are coming to Oak Creek BMX again for 2014.
Placer County's $798 Million Budget Gets Supervisors ApprovalAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved the county's final 2014-15 budget, giving the OK to the $798 million spending plan.
Thunder Valley Donating Paper to Local SchoolsThunder Valley Casino Resort will deliver over 800 reams of office paper to the Western Placer Unified School District on Wednesday, September 10.
Runner Tells DMV to Stop Overcharging TaxGeorge Runner called upon California's Department of Motor Vehicles to stop overcharging California consumers when they pay tax on their vehicle purchases.
Legends Charity Classic Oct. 17 at Woodcreek Golf ClubThe annual Legends Charity Golf Classic, benefiting the Roseville Police Activities League, is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 17 at Woodcreek Golf Club.