Roseville celebrates National Night Out
Neighborhoods throughout Roseville are getting together Tuesday night, August 2, to celebrate the 28th Annual National Night Out--American's Night Out Against Crime! On National Night Out, neighbors and City of Roseville staff join forces to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and illegal activities will not be tolerated.
Many neighborhoods are planning potlucks, block parties and other get-togethers. Here are a few of the larger events, where drop-ins are welcome:
- The Folsom Road Neighborhood is hosting music and a potluck by the stage in Royer Park from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Cresthaven Neighborhood Association will have their traditional big barbeque and potluck in Cresthaven Park from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Roseville Heights will meet at the North Roseville Rec Center at 313 High Street from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with games, a water slide, face painting and other fun for the whole family.
- The Blue Oaks Neighborhood Association is celebrating at Veteran's Memorial Park North on Crocker Ranch Road from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.. The festivities include a bounce house for the kids.
- The West Park and Fiddyment Farms Neighborhood Associations are gathering in Nichols Park, behind Chilton Middle School from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., with hot dogs, jump houses and home safety demonstrations .
The Roseville Police Department thanks Target and their employees for their generous yearly support of National Night Out.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Hosting Chicks with Sticks Lacrosse TournamentSwashbuckler Lacrosse is breaking new ground with their upcoming Chicks with Sticks Lacrosse Tournament on July 11-12
John Adams Academy Finalizes Purchase of Campus in RosevilleRoseville, CA - Officials from John Adams Academy (JAA) charter school in Roseville announced today they have finalized the purchase of the former Heald College building
Placer County Foster Children in Need of Mentor VolunteersChild Advocates of Placer County is currently in need of 30 new volunteers to become Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) or Mentors
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Lady with a FanWe're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice." ~ Jerry Garcia
Dots and dashes changed Zachary Barnum's lifeThis 17-year-old resident of Fredericksburg, Virginia, who is legally blind in one eye due to optic nerve hypoplasia and has a form of bipolar disorder (ATOU Cares.org)
Dry Lightning Boosts Northern California Fire RiskDrought Watch: CAL FIRE has increased staffing due to forecasted dry lightning and strong winds throughout much of northern California
California Senate Committee Kills Sex Offender Bill SB54Senator Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) announced her legislation to make sex-offender residency restrictions more workable
Fireworks Safety Tips this Fourth of JulyWith the Independence Day holiday rapidly approaching, CAL FIRE is reminding all Californians and visitors to do their part to prevent fires caused by illegal fireworks
California Lowers Excise Tax Rate on GasState Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced that California's excise tax on gasoline will decrease by six cents per gallon
Placer County Water Agency UpdatesAUBURN, Calif. - Recessing from their June 25, 2015 Board meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors
Attempts to change Proposition 13 are misguidedThere's been no shortage of attempts in recent years in the State Legislature to overhaul Proposition 13-California's landmark initiative protecting homeowners and small business owners
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Truckin' at Levi's StadiumTruckin' opens the Fare Thee Well Run in Santa Clara, CA at Levi's Stadium on June 27, 2015. Full setlist.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It