Holidays in the Hills in Placer County
AUBURN, Calif., -Holidays in the Hills, an annual winery event benefiting the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, takes place this December 8th and 9th. The event is hosted from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days by 17 Placer County Vintners Association wineries. Event guests will enjoy free wine tasting, hors d'oeuvres at several locations, live music, and discounts on purchases in exchange for a toy donation for a child in need. All participants will also have the chance to win a free case of assorted Placer county wines.
Holidays in the Hills will feature a variety of activities at each winery:
* Fawnridge Winery: Guests will enjoy wine tasting of the vintner's Primitivo and Petite Verdot wines, a 10 percent discount on wine purchases during the event as well as holiday cookie decorating and favors.
* Green Family Winery: In addition to free wine tasting, attendees will enjoy Christmas music and heart healthy snacks. The first 50 guests will also receive a free Green Family wine glass.
* Lone Buffalo Vineyards: Stop by Lone Buffalo Vineyards for free wine and barrel tastings, a sampling of its limited production release of 2010 Bison Heart Petite Sirah, and Nothing Bundt Cakes "bundtinis."
* Mt. Vernon Winery: In addition to wine and barrel tastings, guests will want to make room for hors d'oeuvres.
* PaZa Wines: PaZa will feature pizza from Bella Familia Wood Fired Pizza paired with its Estate Barbera and Primitivo wines. In addition, the winery will offer live acoustic music and a 20 percent discount on all wine purchases.
* Pescatore Vineyard & Winery: At Pescatore guests will enjoy free wine tasting, spiced cider for designated drivers, beautiful gourd art by local artist Robin Gray and "It's a Small World" Christmas treats.
* Rock Hill Winery: Here attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings paired with hors d'oeuvres.
* Wise Villa Winery: Wise Villa Winery will get guests in the holiday spirit with a magical 20 foot Christmas tree on display, free wine tastings, live music and hors d'oeuvres.
For a complete list of participating wineries, venue details and directions please visit www.placerwine.com.
ABOUT PLACER COUNTY VINTNERS ASSOCIATION:
The Placer County Vintners Association is a nonprofit association formed to provide a forum for Placer County wineries to collaborate on events and programs that support the local communities, develop marketing programs to raise awareness of the Placer County wine region, and to share best practices to encourage all wineries to be the best they can and provide a high quality experience for winery visitors.
ABOUT MARINE TOYS FOR TOTS FOUNDATION:
Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) not-for-profit public charity is the fund raising, funding and support organization for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation was created at the behest of the U.S. Marine Corps and provides support in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, who directs the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation has supported Toys for Tots since 1991.
Supported by Placer County, PlacerGROWN is the information source dedicated to educating residents about the freshest agricultural products the region has to offer. Through its website, social media channels, and other outreach programs, PlacerGROWN connects community members with the farmers' markets, farms, orchards, ranches, wineries, nurseries, and specialty food stores in one of the most diverse growing areas in Northern California. To discover the bounty of agricultural products produced by farmers who call Placer County home, or for more information about PlacerGROWN, visit www.placergrown.org.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer Valley Sports Complex: Who's Designing It?Placer Valley Sports Complex, Inc. has reached its first major milestone in the building and development of its brand new, state-of-the-art Regional Sports Complex in Roseville.
25 Year Old Arrested as Arson SuspectThe Placer County Sheriff's Office arrested David Petrashishen, 25 for arson following Sunday's fire in Elverta.
California Statewide Fire Summary (7.30.15)California Fire Updates 2015: Yesterday afternoon and evening fire activity in Northern California significantly increased as temperatures hit the triple digits and the winds became very gusty.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.30.15)Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update for Roseville, July 30, 2015.
State Moonlights as SlumlordIf a recent study to determine the safety of 29 state-owned buildings tells us anything, it's that the state is a terrible landlord
Community Foundations Fund Senior Nutrition ProgramsAuburn, CA - Thanks to additional funding, Seniors First will soon expand a program established to provide homebound seniors with hot meals and daily social interaction
Hot Pink Fun Run in Roseville to benefit Placer Breast Cancer FoundationRoseville, CA -- The Placer Breast Cancer Foundation is hosting the eighth annual Hot Pink Fun Run event in Roseville.
Air Quality Alert in Placer CountyThe Placer County Public Health Officer and Placer County Air Pollution Control District are issuing a joint air quality advisory to notify the public of the potential for poor air quality
Roseville and Lincoln to Host Senior Softball-USA Western NationalsThe 15th Annual Senior Softball-USA Western Nationals (SSUSA) will take place August 3-9 at Foskett Regional Park in Lincoln and Maidu Regional Park in Roseville
California Statewide Fire Summary (7.28.15)California Fire Updates 2015: While most of California saw a rise in temperatures, firefighters across the State continued to make good progress on the 9 active large wildfires.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.28.15)Crime report digest update for Roseville, California July 28, 2015.
Summer Institute on Neurodevelopmental Disorders August 7thThe 12th Annual UC Davis Summer Institute on Neurodevelopmental Disorders - one of the nation's premier gatherings of health professionals, educators and families
NEWS: In Case You Missed It