Holidays in the Hills in Placer County
AUBURN, Calif., -Holidays in the Hills, an annual winery event benefiting the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, takes place this December 8th and 9th. The event is hosted from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days by 17 Placer County Vintners Association wineries. Event guests will enjoy free wine tasting, hors d'oeuvres at several locations, live music, and discounts on purchases in exchange for a toy donation for a child in need. All participants will also have the chance to win a free case of assorted Placer county wines.
Holidays in the Hills will feature a variety of activities at each winery:
* Fawnridge Winery: Guests will enjoy wine tasting of the vintner's Primitivo and Petite Verdot wines, a 10 percent discount on wine purchases during the event as well as holiday cookie decorating and favors.
* Green Family Winery: In addition to free wine tasting, attendees will enjoy Christmas music and heart healthy snacks. The first 50 guests will also receive a free Green Family wine glass.
* Lone Buffalo Vineyards: Stop by Lone Buffalo Vineyards for free wine and barrel tastings, a sampling of its limited production release of 2010 Bison Heart Petite Sirah, and Nothing Bundt Cakes "bundtinis."
* Mt. Vernon Winery: In addition to wine and barrel tastings, guests will want to make room for hors d'oeuvres.
* PaZa Wines: PaZa will feature pizza from Bella Familia Wood Fired Pizza paired with its Estate Barbera and Primitivo wines. In addition, the winery will offer live acoustic music and a 20 percent discount on all wine purchases.
* Pescatore Vineyard & Winery: At Pescatore guests will enjoy free wine tasting, spiced cider for designated drivers, beautiful gourd art by local artist Robin Gray and "It's a Small World" Christmas treats.
* Rock Hill Winery: Here attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings paired with hors d'oeuvres.
* Wise Villa Winery: Wise Villa Winery will get guests in the holiday spirit with a magical 20 foot Christmas tree on display, free wine tastings, live music and hors d'oeuvres.
For a complete list of participating wineries, venue details and directions please visit www.placerwine.com.
ABOUT PLACER COUNTY VINTNERS ASSOCIATION:
The Placer County Vintners Association is a nonprofit association formed to provide a forum for Placer County wineries to collaborate on events and programs that support the local communities, develop marketing programs to raise awareness of the Placer County wine region, and to share best practices to encourage all wineries to be the best they can and provide a high quality experience for winery visitors.
ABOUT MARINE TOYS FOR TOTS FOUNDATION:
Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) not-for-profit public charity is the fund raising, funding and support organization for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation was created at the behest of the U.S. Marine Corps and provides support in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, who directs the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation has supported Toys for Tots since 1991.
Supported by Placer County, PlacerGROWN is the information source dedicated to educating residents about the freshest agricultural products the region has to offer. Through its website, social media channels, and other outreach programs, PlacerGROWN connects community members with the farmers' markets, farms, orchards, ranches, wineries, nurseries, and specialty food stores in one of the most diverse growing areas in Northern California. To discover the bounty of agricultural products produced by farmers who call Placer County home, or for more information about PlacerGROWN, visit www.placergrown.org.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Bank Robbery Suspect Sought in Multiple HeistsWells Fargo of Roseville, Calif., a non-governmental organization, is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest, and conviction of this individual.
Mastering Leave of Absences Workshop September 15thRoseville, CA- Spend the morning of September 15th with the experts in the wild world of workplace injuries, disabilities, and leaves of absences.
California Fires Update SummaryA low pressure trough will be over Northern California for much of this week as over 10,000 firefighters battle nine large wildfires.
Lake Tahoe Fun: Labor Day Weekend and Beyond(SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif./Nev.) - Tahoe South's late-summer offerings include a plethora of indoor and outdoor ventures, fireworks, festivals, and live entertainment through Labor Day weekend and beyond
California Taxpayers to Fund Firearm Violence Research CenterUniversity of California President Janet Napolitano recently announced her intent to establish the University of California Firearm Violence Research Center at UC Davis'
Placer County Makes Way for Oversized Trucks on I-80Roseville, CA - Now, taller trucks and vehicles can successfully navigate Interstate 80 from Reno to San Francisco without interruption.
Placer SPCA's Barktoberfest in Roseville on October 9thRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA's Barktoberfest event will kick off in Roseville on October 9th with a 2.5K/5K Fun Run
2 Killed, Alcohol Suspected in Deadly Highway 99 CrashOn August 28th, 2016, at approximately 10:50 PM, a Honda Accord, being driven by a 21 year old male, was driving the wrong way northbound in the southbound
Roseville Utility Exploration Center EventsRoseville, CA - It is the mission of the Roseville Utility Exploration Center to promote a healthy environment by encouraging individual actions for a sustainable future.
Tahoe Vista Paddlefest Fall Classic(TAHOE VISTA, Ca.), -- On September 10 - 11, 2016, paddleboard enthusiasts from all over the world will embark on the first annual Tahoe Vista Paddlefest Fall Classic
Thunder Valley Annual Paper Donation for Local SchoolsThunder Valley Casino Resort will deliver over 800 reams of office paper to the Western Placer Unified School District.
15 Year Old Student Arrested for Felony ThreatsToday, Placer County Sheriff's detectives arrested a 15-year-old Colfax High School student on a felony charge of attempted criminal threats
NEWS: In Case You Missed It