Holidays in the Hills in Placer County
AUBURN, Calif., -Holidays in the Hills, an annual winery event benefiting the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, takes place this December 8th and 9th. The event is hosted from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days by 17 Placer County Vintners Association wineries. Event guests will enjoy free wine tasting, hors d'oeuvres at several locations, live music, and discounts on purchases in exchange for a toy donation for a child in need. All participants will also have the chance to win a free case of assorted Placer county wines.
Holidays in the Hills will feature a variety of activities at each winery:
* Fawnridge Winery: Guests will enjoy wine tasting of the vintner's Primitivo and Petite Verdot wines, a 10 percent discount on wine purchases during the event as well as holiday cookie decorating and favors.
* Green Family Winery: In addition to free wine tasting, attendees will enjoy Christmas music and heart healthy snacks. The first 50 guests will also receive a free Green Family wine glass.
* Lone Buffalo Vineyards: Stop by Lone Buffalo Vineyards for free wine and barrel tastings, a sampling of its limited production release of 2010 Bison Heart Petite Sirah, and Nothing Bundt Cakes "bundtinis."
* Mt. Vernon Winery: In addition to wine and barrel tastings, guests will want to make room for hors d'oeuvres.
* PaZa Wines: PaZa will feature pizza from Bella Familia Wood Fired Pizza paired with its Estate Barbera and Primitivo wines. In addition, the winery will offer live acoustic music and a 20 percent discount on all wine purchases.
* Pescatore Vineyard & Winery: At Pescatore guests will enjoy free wine tasting, spiced cider for designated drivers, beautiful gourd art by local artist Robin Gray and "It's a Small World" Christmas treats.
* Rock Hill Winery: Here attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings paired with hors d'oeuvres.
* Wise Villa Winery: Wise Villa Winery will get guests in the holiday spirit with a magical 20 foot Christmas tree on display, free wine tastings, live music and hors d'oeuvres.
For a complete list of participating wineries, venue details and directions please visit www.placerwine.com.
ABOUT PLACER COUNTY VINTNERS ASSOCIATION:
The Placer County Vintners Association is a nonprofit association formed to provide a forum for Placer County wineries to collaborate on events and programs that support the local communities, develop marketing programs to raise awareness of the Placer County wine region, and to share best practices to encourage all wineries to be the best they can and provide a high quality experience for winery visitors.
ABOUT MARINE TOYS FOR TOTS FOUNDATION:
Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501(C)(3) not-for-profit public charity is the fund raising, funding and support organization for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation was created at the behest of the U.S. Marine Corps and provides support in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, who directs the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation has supported Toys for Tots since 1991.
Supported by Placer County, PlacerGROWN is the information source dedicated to educating residents about the freshest agricultural products the region has to offer. Through its website, social media channels, and other outreach programs, PlacerGROWN connects community members with the farmers' markets, farms, orchards, ranches, wineries, nurseries, and specialty food stores in one of the most diverse growing areas in Northern California. To discover the bounty of agricultural products produced by farmers who call Placer County home, or for more information about PlacerGROWN, visit www.placergrown.org.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesReal Estate: We Still Want to Own Our Home!Roseville, CA- Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the recently released Housing Report from Harvard University.
Senior Softball Championship in Roseville and LincolnRoseville, CA - Senior Softball is heating up Placer Valley August 2-7 when the 16th Annual Western National Championships swings into Roseville and Lincoln.
Solitary Cellars 2014 Barbera WineRoseville, CA- What better way to start our new Wine Section than with a wine that is famously friendly in its ability to easily pair with a wide variety a foods.
Rachel Constantini named WJU's Interim Women's Soccer CoachROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University Athletic Director Lance Von Vogt announced recently that Rachel Constantini will be taking over as Interim Head Women's Soccer Coach.
Let's Get Uncorked: Wine Review SectionRoseville, CA- Election Day is rapidly approaching and the time is ripe for serious discussion. In California, few things are as serious as wine.
Dead & Company: Perfect Dose of Party Unity Wheatland, CA- With 105 degrees in the forecast, it's going to be a hot show. Weather aside, Dead & Company continue racking up one incredible performance after another
Baby Boomer Festival and Expo in Roseville on August 13thRoseville, CA- The Baby Boomer Festival and Expo is scheduled for Saturday, August 13th at the Placer County Fair and Events Center in Roseville.
Treating Addiction: Placer County Seeks New ApproachPlacer County is developing a new approach to addiction treatment that treats addiction as a disease, and coordinates addiction services across county departments
Sierra College's Tech Ed Skills on ABC's BattleBotsRocklin, CA - Sierra College Mechatronics Professor Tony Osladil and his former student Jeff Gomez were invited to be on a team for this summer's BattleBots
Honda CR-V remains popular compact SUVRoseville, CA- The CR-V offers responsive handling, a comfortable ride, ranks near the top in safety testing, gets good gas mileage (27-34 mpg), and is extremely reliable.
One-Armed Softball Phenom: Part 2Recently, you may have read the first of two columns featuring 17-year-old Katelyn Pavey, a one-armed, fastpitch softball phenom
Surplus Water: Placer County Water Agency Plans SaleThe Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors has approved a resolution that allows for the transfer and sale of up to 20,000 acre-feet of surplus water
NEWS: In Case You Missed It