Placer SPCA offers Holiday Tips
Roseville, CA - Holiday cheer for all. Many of the things that make the holidays special, including large gatherings, food, holiday decorations and plants, can be hazardous for our pets. With a few simple precautions, the whole family can bask in good cheer.
Please keep the following in mind as you celebrate the holiday season:
1) Poinsettias, Mistletoe, Holly, and Ivy can be poisonous to our pets if nibbled or eaten.
2) Keep decorations out of reach of playful pets. Ribbons and sparkling lights may be attractive to your pets but they can be very harmful and even fatal. Electrical cords can also pose a threat, especially for the pet that likes to chew.
3) Don't over-indulge your pets with treats. Changing your pet's diet at any time can upset their stomach, causing diarrhea and/or vomiting. Additionally, foods that we commonly consume can be poisonous to your pet, such as tomato pulp, olives, mushrooms, and chocolate.
4) Ensure your dogs and cats are wearing up-to-date and legible identification, just in case they do get out. The Placer SPCA strongly advises that all dogs and cats be microchipped, and offers microchip implants for only $20 during all business hours.
5) Provide a safe and quiet place for your pets during the holiday gatherings. Even the most social pets can become overwhelmed when there are lots of people and lots of excitement.
6) Please - do not give a pet as a gift. We at the Placer SPCA firmly believe in placing our animals with forever families. Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment and should be treated as such.
7) ADOPT, DON'T SHOP - If you or someone you know will be adding a pet to their family, please adopt from your local animal shelter or a reputable rescue organization. There are many homeless animals looking for the best gift of all this season - a loving home.
If you have questions regarding animal care and behavior, please contact the Placer SPCA at (916) 782-7722 or (530) 885-7387 or visit www.placerspca.org
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesAll-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsOver 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
Reward Offered in Khaki Bandit CaseSACRAMENTO- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of an armed and dangerous individual
Joey Travolta to Speak at MIND Institute(Sacramento, Calif.)-The UC Davis MIND Institute will host Joey Travolta on Wednesday, Dec. 13 as part of the ongoing Distinguished Lecturer Series. Travolta, owner of Inclusion Films
Medieval Armored Combat in Roseville @ the GroundsRoseville, CA - On Dec. 9-10 the newly renovated barn @the Grounds will showcase real knights in real battles in true medieval fashion for the Armored Combat League
Placer County Property Taxes Due ReminderAuburn, CA, - Placer County Treasurer-Tax Collector Jenine Windeshausen reminds property owners that the first installment of their annual property taxes for the 2017-18 tax year
Folsom Zoo Wild Nights and Holiday LightsFolsom, CA,- Many hours of hands-on work by local families, businesses, community groups and city staff go into installing the lights, decorations and displays for the Folsom Zoo
NEWS: In Case You Missed It