Placer SPCA offers Holiday Tips
Roseville, CA - Holiday cheer for all. Many of the things that make the holidays special, including large gatherings, food, holiday decorations and plants, can be hazardous for our pets. With a few simple precautions, the whole family can bask in good cheer.
Please keep the following in mind as you celebrate the holiday season:
1) Poinsettias, Mistletoe, Holly, and Ivy can be poisonous to our pets if nibbled or eaten.
2) Keep decorations out of reach of playful pets. Ribbons and sparkling lights may be attractive to your pets but they can be very harmful and even fatal. Electrical cords can also pose a threat, especially for the pet that likes to chew.
3) Don't over-indulge your pets with treats. Changing your pet's diet at any time can upset their stomach, causing diarrhea and/or vomiting. Additionally, foods that we commonly consume can be poisonous to your pet, such as tomato pulp, olives, mushrooms, and chocolate.
4) Ensure your dogs and cats are wearing up-to-date and legible identification, just in case they do get out. The Placer SPCA strongly advises that all dogs and cats be microchipped, and offers microchip implants for only $20 during all business hours.
5) Provide a safe and quiet place for your pets during the holiday gatherings. Even the most social pets can become overwhelmed when there are lots of people and lots of excitement.
6) Please - do not give a pet as a gift. We at the Placer SPCA firmly believe in placing our animals with forever families. Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment and should be treated as such.
7) ADOPT, DON'T SHOP - If you or someone you know will be adding a pet to their family, please adopt from your local animal shelter or a reputable rescue organization. There are many homeless animals looking for the best gift of all this season - a loving home.
If you have questions regarding animal care and behavior, please contact the Placer SPCA at (916) 782-7722 or (530) 885-7387 or visit www.placerspca.org
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesFatal Accident Involving Employee Closes Squaw ValleySquaw Valley, Calif.- A fatal incident occurred at Squaw Valley involving a ski patroller at 8:35 AM this morning during avalanche control activities
Locals Step up to Protect our Natural Wonders...Forever"Forever" is a daunting amount of time, yet supporters of Placer Land Trust fully embrace the challenge in their commitment to protecting our important landscapes
2017 Honda Ridgeline a very unique truckRoseville, CA- After a two-year absence, the 2017 Honda Ridgeline has emerged and the consensus is it's better than ever.
Residents Conserve Water without Government MandateSacramento-area residents reduced water use by 25 percent in 2016 compared to 2013 even without a state mandate to conserve, according to an analysis of water
There's No Business Like Show BusinessRocklin, CA - The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invite the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization
Roseville and Rocklin Officials on SACOG Board of DirectorsThe new year bring new leadership to the region's transportation planning agency representing rural, suburban, and urban perspectives. The Sacramento Area Council of Governments
Operation Recognition Seeks Veterans to Receive High School DiplomasThe Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) is again awarding high school diplomas to qualifying U.S. Veterans and Japanese American citizens through its popular
Placer Child Support Services Ranks in Top Ten StatewideAUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County's Department of Child Support Services ranks eighth in the state out of 51 county child support agencies
Roseville Reservoir in Placer County Future?Roseville's City Council and Placer County Water Agency's (PCWA) Board of Directors last week opted into the initial phase of the Sites Reservoir project
New California Laws 2017 (Part 16)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 16 includes federal immigration policy enforcement, veterans, disability benefits, private investigators, elections, special education, and much more.
Roseville Gas Prices Reverse Upward TrendRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville and around many parts of the country reversed course with a slight downtick this past week.
Placer County Hoteliers: Taxman Cometh Airbnb, Vacation Rentals By Owner, inns or hotels. If you provide lodging in Placer County, you're required to collect Transient Occupancy Tax
NEWS: In Case You Missed It