Placer SPCA offers Holiday Tips
Roseville, CA - Holiday cheer for all. Many of the things that make the holidays special, including large gatherings, food, holiday decorations and plants, can be hazardous for our pets. With a few simple precautions, the whole family can bask in good cheer.
Please keep the following in mind as you celebrate the holiday season:
1) Poinsettias, Mistletoe, Holly, and Ivy can be poisonous to our pets if nibbled or eaten.
2) Keep decorations out of reach of playful pets. Ribbons and sparkling lights may be attractive to your pets but they can be very harmful and even fatal. Electrical cords can also pose a threat, especially for the pet that likes to chew.
3) Don't over-indulge your pets with treats. Changing your pet's diet at any time can upset their stomach, causing diarrhea and/or vomiting. Additionally, foods that we commonly consume can be poisonous to your pet, such as tomato pulp, olives, mushrooms, and chocolate.
4) Ensure your dogs and cats are wearing up-to-date and legible identification, just in case they do get out. The Placer SPCA strongly advises that all dogs and cats be microchipped, and offers microchip implants for only $20 during all business hours.
5) Provide a safe and quiet place for your pets during the holiday gatherings. Even the most social pets can become overwhelmed when there are lots of people and lots of excitement.
6) Please - do not give a pet as a gift. We at the Placer SPCA firmly believe in placing our animals with forever families. Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment and should be treated as such.
7) ADOPT, DON'T SHOP - If you or someone you know will be adding a pet to their family, please adopt from your local animal shelter or a reputable rescue organization. There are many homeless animals looking for the best gift of all this season - a loving home.
If you have questions regarding animal care and behavior, please contact the Placer SPCA at (916) 782-7722 or (530) 885-7387 or visit www.placerspca.org
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Bank Robbery Suspect Sought in Multiple HeistsWells Fargo of Roseville, Calif., a non-governmental organization, is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest, and conviction of this individual.
Mastering Leave of Absences Workshop September 15thRoseville, CA- Spend the morning of September 15th with the experts in the wild world of workplace injuries, disabilities, and leaves of absences.
California Fires Update SummaryA low pressure trough will be over Northern California for much of this week as over 10,000 firefighters battle nine large wildfires.
Lake Tahoe Fun: Labor Day Weekend and Beyond(SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif./Nev.) - Tahoe South's late-summer offerings include a plethora of indoor and outdoor ventures, fireworks, festivals, and live entertainment through Labor Day weekend and beyond
California Taxpayers to Fund Firearm Violence Research CenterUniversity of California President Janet Napolitano recently announced her intent to establish the University of California Firearm Violence Research Center at UC Davis'
Placer County Makes Way for Oversized Trucks on I-80Roseville, CA - Now, taller trucks and vehicles can successfully navigate Interstate 80 from Reno to San Francisco without interruption.
Placer SPCA's Barktoberfest in Roseville on October 9thRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA's Barktoberfest event will kick off in Roseville on October 9th with a 2.5K/5K Fun Run
2 Killed, Alcohol Suspected in Deadly Highway 99 CrashOn August 28th, 2016, at approximately 10:50 PM, a Honda Accord, being driven by a 21 year old male, was driving the wrong way northbound in the southbound
Roseville Utility Exploration Center EventsRoseville, CA - It is the mission of the Roseville Utility Exploration Center to promote a healthy environment by encouraging individual actions for a sustainable future.
Tahoe Vista Paddlefest Fall Classic(TAHOE VISTA, Ca.), -- On September 10 - 11, 2016, paddleboard enthusiasts from all over the world will embark on the first annual Tahoe Vista Paddlefest Fall Classic
Thunder Valley Annual Paper Donation for Local SchoolsThunder Valley Casino Resort will deliver over 800 reams of office paper to the Western Placer Unified School District.
15 Year Old Student Arrested for Felony ThreatsToday, Placer County Sheriff's detectives arrested a 15-year-old Colfax High School student on a felony charge of attempted criminal threats
NEWS: In Case You Missed It