Placer SPCA offers Holiday Tips
Roseville, CA - Holiday cheer for all. Many of the things that make the holidays special, including large gatherings, food, holiday decorations and plants, can be hazardous for our pets. With a few simple precautions, the whole family can bask in good cheer.
Please keep the following in mind as you celebrate the holiday season:
1) Poinsettias, Mistletoe, Holly, and Ivy can be poisonous to our pets if nibbled or eaten.
2) Keep decorations out of reach of playful pets. Ribbons and sparkling lights may be attractive to your pets but they can be very harmful and even fatal. Electrical cords can also pose a threat, especially for the pet that likes to chew.
3) Don't over-indulge your pets with treats. Changing your pet's diet at any time can upset their stomach, causing diarrhea and/or vomiting. Additionally, foods that we commonly consume can be poisonous to your pet, such as tomato pulp, olives, mushrooms, and chocolate.
4) Ensure your dogs and cats are wearing up-to-date and legible identification, just in case they do get out. The Placer SPCA strongly advises that all dogs and cats be microchipped, and offers microchip implants for only $20 during all business hours.
5) Provide a safe and quiet place for your pets during the holiday gatherings. Even the most social pets can become overwhelmed when there are lots of people and lots of excitement.
6) Please - do not give a pet as a gift. We at the Placer SPCA firmly believe in placing our animals with forever families. Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment and should be treated as such.
7) ADOPT, DON'T SHOP - If you or someone you know will be adding a pet to their family, please adopt from your local animal shelter or a reputable rescue organization. There are many homeless animals looking for the best gift of all this season - a loving home.
If you have questions regarding animal care and behavior, please contact the Placer SPCA at (916) 782-7722 or (530) 885-7387 or visit www.placerspca.org
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesNew California Laws for 2015 (Part 28)New California laws for 2015, part 28 includes developmental services, physicians and surgeons, income taxes, foster care, student privacy, health insurance fraud, inmates sterilization and more.
50 Days of the Dead: Help On The Way/ Slipknot/ Franklin's TowerHelp On The Way/ Slipknot/ Franklin's Tower, a trio of songs that groove together. The Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA, August 13, 1975
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (1.26.15)Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update January 26, 2015.
Roseville Resident Appointed Environmental Utilities DirectorToday, City of Roseville City Manager Ray Kerridge announced the appointment of Richard Plecker as the City of Roseville's Environmental Utilities Director.
Roseville Gas Prices Approaching $2 Per GallonAlthough California has the highest average gas prices in the lower 48, Roseville has several stations fast approaching the $2 per gallon mark.
Roseville Transit Service to Sierra College in RocklinRoseville Transit Local route changes begin this Monday, January 26, including new service to Sierra College in Rocklin
New California Laws for 2015 (Part 27)New California laws for 2015 part 27 includes health coverage, pharmacies, notaries, school employees, electricity rates, Medi Cal juvenile inmates, writ of habeas corpus and more.
50 Days of the Dead: SugareeWe return to magical May of 1977 to find the band doing an extended feel-good jam of the Jerry Garcia/ Robert Hunter classic Sugaree
Toyota Camry Hybrid: Better than ever?Toyota decided to redesign the Camry a mere three years after its last major transformation. The 2015 redesign is very significant and gives Camry even more of an edge.
Father Trying to Build UnderstandingJoseph Hernandez of Auburn, Washington, knew before his son's birth that his son would have a birth defect, spina bifida. The only thing in doubt was whether Joseph would hang around.
Former Placer County Sheriff Sentenced in Sex CasePursuant to a plea agreement, Kenneth Skogen was sentenced to three years formal probation and must serve 150 days in jail and attend counseling for unlawful sex with a minor.
50 Days of the Dead: Peggy-OThe perfect dose of intricate guitar work over a smooth rhythm section to a Scottish folk song in this 1978 version of Peggy-O at the Huntington Civic Center in West Virginia.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It