Roseville Christmas Tree Disposal Options
The City of Roseville is offering the following guidelines for the recycling and drop-off disposal of Christmas trees. Trees are being recycled into compost or wood chips.
There are three easy ways to recycle your tree:
1. The best way to dispose of your Christmas tree is to place unflocked trees in your green waste bin. Remove all branches and cut the trunk into sizes small enough to fit within the bin. Make sure the tree fits completely within the bin with the lid closed. This is the most cost effective disposal solution which reduces city costs and helps keep your utility rates low.
2. Take unflocked trees to one of the City's Christmas tree drop-off sites on any of the following dates: December 25, 2012 through January 6, 2013. Be sure to remove all tree stands, lights and ornaments before dropping off the tree.
The drop-off sites are:
- Maidu Park - 1550 Maidu Dr, Roseville, CA 95661 (Map it)
- Mahany Park - 1545 Pleasant Grove, Roseville (Map it)
- Saugstad Park - 100 Buljan Drive, Roseville (Map it)
3. As a community service and fundraiser, Roseville Boy Scouts of America troops will pick up Christmas trees throughout the city on December 29 and 30, 2012 and January 5 and 6, 2013. Simply place your tree at the curb before 9:00 a.m. Donations are appreciated and are used to cover
Boy Scout Summer Camp costs.
After the dates listed above, Roseville residents can dispose of their trees at the Western Regional Landfill (3033 Fiddyment Road). For hours, rates and directions visit www.WPWMA.com.
Rocklin residents are advised NOT to place trees in their greenwaste can
Rocklin residents may drop off their Christmas trees starting December 29th through January 6th at the following locations.
- Rocklin Twin Oaks Park - 5500 Park Drive
- Johnson-Springview Park - 5480 Fifth Street
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesCalifornia Projects Selected to Boost Solar DeploymentThe Energy Department is awarding more than $14 million in funding for 15 new projects to help communities develop multi-year solar deployment plans to install solar electricity in homes, businesses, and communities.
New California Laws for 2015 (Part 30)New California laws for 2015 part 30 includes civil service, acupuncture, social services, disorderly conduct, pupil health, campaign finance, mattress recycling and more.
50 Days of the Dead: China Cat SunflowerJamming in Winterland 1974 with a version of their psychedelic inspired classic China Cat Sunflower
UC Davis Patient Tests Negative for EbolaState and local public health and hospital officials have confirmed that the patient transported by specialized ambulance and admitted to UC Davis
Beth Gaines Elected to Women In Government BoardAt its 21st Annual State Directors' Conference, Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) was sworn into the Women In Government 2015 Board of Directors
Suspected Ebola Patient in the Hospital A patient with symptoms consistent with Ebola infection was transferred to UC Davis Medical Center Thursday morning from Mercy General Hospital in Sacramento
Placer SPCA Announces 2015 Board of DirectorsRoseville, CA - The Placer SPCA announced the election of its 2015 Officers and the installation of two new board members.
Project for Homes Overlooking Lake Tahoe WithdrawnA project that sought to build some 112 residential homes on land overlooking Lake Tahoe has been withdrawn from the review process.
Stand Up Placer Receives $10,000 Grant from Wells FargoStand Up Placer received a generous grant award of $10,000 from Wells Fargo. Stand Up Placer is a local non-profit that provides comprehensive services to domestic violence , sexual assault, and human trafficking survivors
50 Days of the Dead: Shining StarShining Star, a song by R&B group The Manhattans was among audience favorites. This version of the JGB covering Shining Star in the fall of 1991.
Life Time Athletic Roseville: Rob Chemaly Named GMHealth and fitness industry veteran Rob Chemaly has been named General Manager of Life Time Athletic Roseville.
Roseville Liquor Store Robbed by GunmanThe Roseville Police Department is asking for the public's help identifying a man who robbed a liquor store and pepper-sprayed the clerk.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It