Roseville Christmas Tree Disposal Options
The City of Roseville is offering the following guidelines for the recycling and drop-off disposal of Christmas trees. Trees are being recycled into compost or wood chips.
There are three easy ways to recycle your tree:
1. The best way to dispose of your Christmas tree is to place unflocked trees in your green waste bin. Remove all branches and cut the trunk into sizes small enough to fit within the bin. Make sure the tree fits completely within the bin with the lid closed. This is the most cost effective disposal solution which reduces city costs and helps keep your utility rates low.
2. Take unflocked trees to one of the City's Christmas tree drop-off sites on any of the following dates: December 25, 2012 through January 6, 2013. Be sure to remove all tree stands, lights and ornaments before dropping off the tree.
The drop-off sites are:
- Maidu Park - 1550 Maidu Dr, Roseville, CA 95661 (Map it)
- Mahany Park - 1545 Pleasant Grove, Roseville (Map it)
- Saugstad Park - 100 Buljan Drive, Roseville (Map it)
3. As a community service and fundraiser, Roseville Boy Scouts of America troops will pick up Christmas trees throughout the city on December 29 and 30, 2012 and January 5 and 6, 2013. Simply place your tree at the curb before 9:00 a.m. Donations are appreciated and are used to cover
Boy Scout Summer Camp costs.
After the dates listed above, Roseville residents can dispose of their trees at the Western Regional Landfill (3033 Fiddyment Road). For hours, rates and directions visit www.WPWMA.com.
Rocklin residents are advised NOT to place trees in their greenwaste can
Rocklin residents may drop off their Christmas trees starting December 29th through January 6th at the following locations.
- Rocklin Twin Oaks Park - 5500 Park Drive
- Johnson-Springview Park - 5480 Fifth Street
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesBig DoG Countdown: Child Advocates of Placer CountyBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Child Advocates of Placer County impacts your community.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: An Affordable Compact SUVWhen shopping for a Mitsubishi Outlander, note that there's quite a major difference between the "standard" Outlander and the Outlander Sport.
If the Government Takes Your Money Illegally, Shouldn't You Get it Back?Did you know, if the State of California takes your money in the form of an illegal tax or fee, you might not be able to get it back?
Loomis Soroptimist Club Celebrates 40 Years of ServiceSoroptimist International of Loomis Basin (SILB) celebrated its 40th Birthday with over 60 attendees on April 16 at Venita Rhea's in Rocklin, CA
Janette Moynier receives Community First Award In recognition of her outstanding volunteer spirit in 2013, First Bank's Janette Moynier received a First Bank CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) Community First Award.
New Kinesiology Program at William Jessup William Jessup University, the Sacramento area's only residential four-year private university, has selected Dr. Scott Roberts to serve as Lead Faculty to the growing university's new Kinesiology
West Nile Virus Season Begins in Placer CountyThe Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District (PMVCD) announces the official beginning of the season during West Nile virus and Mosquito and Vector Control Awareness
Big DoG Countdown: Sierra College FoundationBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Sierra College Foundation impacts your community.
Disabilities: Luongo Has Miracle SurgeryOn Good Friday 2013, then 39-year-old Nicole Luongo of Plantation, Florida, took a step of faith. She'd had cerebral palsy since birth, had significant difficulty walking her entire life
Advice on Getting Through the DroughtDrought Watch: Linda Yager, who manages the PCWA's water efficiency program, says there are many available resources to help people save water. "Many people ask what they can do to save water," said Yager. "Here are some of the best ways to save
Surging Gas Prices Hurting ConsumersAverage retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have risen 7.3 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $4.03/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 720 gas outlets in Sacramento
Spring Band Invitational Concert April 23 in RocklinThe Sierra College Music Department is proud to present a Spring Band Invitational Concert on Wednesday, April 23rd, 7:30pm in Dietrich Theatre on the Sierra College Rocklin