Roseville Christmas Tree Disposal Options
The City of Roseville is offering the following guidelines for the recycling and drop-off disposal of Christmas trees. Trees are being recycled into compost or wood chips.
There are three easy ways to recycle your tree:
1. The best way to dispose of your Christmas tree is to place unflocked trees in your green waste bin. Remove all branches and cut the trunk into sizes small enough to fit within the bin. Make sure the tree fits completely within the bin with the lid closed. This is the most cost effective disposal solution which reduces city costs and helps keep your utility rates low.
2. Take unflocked trees to one of the City's Christmas tree drop-off sites on any of the following dates: December 25, 2012 through January 6, 2013. Be sure to remove all tree stands, lights and ornaments before dropping off the tree.
The drop-off sites are:
- Maidu Park - 1550 Maidu Dr, Roseville, CA 95661 (Map it)
- Mahany Park - 1545 Pleasant Grove, Roseville (Map it)
- Saugstad Park - 100 Buljan Drive, Roseville (Map it)
3. As a community service and fundraiser, Roseville Boy Scouts of America troops will pick up Christmas trees throughout the city on December 29 and 30, 2012 and January 5 and 6, 2013. Simply place your tree at the curb before 9:00 a.m. Donations are appreciated and are used to cover
Boy Scout Summer Camp costs.
After the dates listed above, Roseville residents can dispose of their trees at the Western Regional Landfill (3033 Fiddyment Road). For hours, rates and directions visit www.WPWMA.com.
Rocklin residents are advised NOT to place trees in their greenwaste can
Rocklin residents may drop off their Christmas trees starting December 29th through January 6th at the following locations.
- Rocklin Twin Oaks Park - 5500 Park Drive
- Johnson-Springview Park - 5480 Fifth Street
Placer County News HeadlinesWJU to Join Golden State Athletic ConferenceROCKLIN, Calif. - The Golden State Athletic Conference Board of Directors announced today that William Jessup University will become the league's ninth member beginning with the 2014-15 season.
Placer County Fair in Roseville June 20- 23Roseville, CA -- The Placer County Fair returns to Roseville June 20 - 23 2013. The fun and excitement kicks of Thursday June 20 at 3:00 pm
West Nile Virus in West RosevilleThe Placer Mosquito and Vector control District reports that an American robin collected from the northwest Roseville area has tested positive West Nile virus.
Our Nation's Wake Up CallWashington, D.C. - Congressman McClintock (R-CA) today delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the government seizing of phone and internet records:
Make Your Offer StandoutSacramento Realtor, Julie Jalone who owns MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, provides a list of 6 items which can help a buyer’s offer standout from the crowd.
Veterans Benefits and Services PresentationsPlacer County Veterans Service Officer Jonn Melrose will speak at several upcoming meetings of 3rd District municipal advisory councils (MACs) to talk about benefits
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport lacking in several areasWhat's the significance in an automobile name? In many cases - nothing! In the case of the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, the relevance of the name quickly arises.
Woman Starts "Letters of Hope"In late 2011, then 20-year-old Malinda Shultice of Altoona, Iowa, unexpectedly became pregnant while at Iowa State University majoring in journalism and political science.