New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesChicago the TRIBUTE to play Opera House Saloon in Roseville(ROSEVILLE, CA) - Chicago the TRIBUTE, a 9-piece tribute to the band with the horns and hits will be playing the Opera House Saloon Roseville on Thursday, March 30
Roseville Criminal Activity Heats UpRoseville, CA- As the weather heats up, so does Roseville criminal activity. The Roseville police log digest update for the ten-day period covering March 10-20, 2017.
Free STD and STI Testing and Treatment in Roseville(Roseville, CA) - Sierra Pregnancy & Health (SPH) announced they have begun offering free testing and treatment for STD/STIs, including gonorrhea and chlamydia
Placer County Government Center ProposalAUBURN, Calif. -- After considerable analysis, stakeholder engagement, design and planning, the Placer County Board of Supervisors were presented a plan for a re-envisioned Placer County Government
Ghost in the Shell coming to IMAXGhost in the Shell: An IMAX 3D Experience opens at the Esquire IMAX Theatre on March 30 at 7:00 p.m
Auburn Art Walk begins April 7The Auburn Art Walk will take place on the first Friday of April, June, August and October 2017, from 6 pm to 9 pm
Achieve Tahoe to Host Ability Challenge Fundraiser at Squaw ValleyAlpine Meadows, CA - Achieve Tahoe, a leading provider of winter and summer adaptive sports instruction at all ability levels for adults and children with disabilities
Guys and Dolls at William Jessup University in AprilROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University's Creative Arts department presents Guys and Dolls for six weekend performances, starting April 7-8-9.
Prenatal Health Services to begin at Auburn Health CenterAUBURN, CA - Chapa-De Indian Health is proud to announce that its Auburn Health Center will begin providing prenatal health services to patients starting this week.
Roseville Skatetown to Host Curling BonspielRoseville, CA -Brand New Barrel Bonspiel Brings 16 California Curling Teams to Roseville on March 24-26.
Placer Valley Tourism to operate Placer County FairgroundsAUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved Placer Valley Tourism, a private nonprofit organization, as the new operator of the Placer County Fairgrounds
Roseville Gas Price Competition StiffensRoseville, CA - Competition has stiffened as Roseville gas prices were mostly flat during this past week.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It