New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Flash Crime Report (4.21.17)Roseville, CA- Digest summary update of select crimes for Roseville Police activity for the period covering April 14- 21, 2017.
Northern California's Wettest Year on RecordAt its April 20 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors received news that April showers have boosted Northern California
Jeffrey Zahniser, SCOE's 2018 Teacher of the YearSacramento, CA- Culinary Arts instructor Jeffrey Zahniser walked into school today fully prepared to teach his students another lesson about the art of cooking
WJU Announces Largest Graduating Class & Commencement SpeakerROCKLIN, CA., - William Jessup University, the first WASC accredited private, four-year residential Christian university in the greater Sacramento region will celebrate
Corky's Corner: Fender Baja Telecaster ReviewedRoseville, CA - This Fender Baja Telecaster is a custom shop made in Mexico model that just blows the doors off most Telecasters you will hear.
Explore the Beauty of Granite Bay and Folsom LakeRoseville, CA - Everyone is welcome as the Walking Sticks take on Granite Bay and Folsom via a mixture of lake trails and upscale streets.
NorCal Sport Stacking Regional Championships RocklinRocklin, CA - California's only regional championship for sport stacking will be taking place on Saturday, April 29 at Whitney High School in Rocklin
Placer SPCA's Woof, Wine & DineROSEVILLE, CALIF. - Placer County's favorite dog-friendly food and beverage tasting event is back. Join the Placer SPCA for its annual Woof Wine & Dine
Sierra College Seeking to Fill Board OpeningROCKLIN, CA - The Sierra Joint Community College District is accepting applications to serve as an appointed member of the Board of Trustees
Hacker Lab Taking Applications for Startup Hustle(ROCKLIN, CA) - Hacker Lab is taking applications for the Startup Hustle six-week entrepreneurial boot camp and announced the addition of four free sessions
Roseville Wine Down Wednesday Falls ShortRoseville, CA -- Roseville Wine Down Wednesday came up a bit short last night.
Sutter Health's Getting to Zero Targets HomelessnessROSEVILLE, CA - Under a resolution adopted by the City Council, Roseville is voicing its support for Sutter Health's Getting to Zero campaign
NEWS: In Case You Missed It