New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines6 Arrested in Marijuana and Cockfighting BustDuring the execution of the search warrant on 28th Street and Angus Way, Deputies discovered a large scale Marijuana grow of approximately 950 plants and 200 pounds of processed marijuana
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.7.15)Roseville weekly crime report digest update for July 7, 2015.
Sports Complex in Roseville Seeks Operations DirectorPlacer County, CA - Placer Valley Sports Complex, Inc. has started a nationwide search to hire a Director of Sports Complex Operations
Placer County Camping Ban Begins August 6thThe Placer County Board of Supervisors took final action today to adopt an ordinance that will prohibit camping on most county-owned properties beginning Aug. 6.
Lake Francis: Family Friendly GetawayIf a little R&R is on your mind, look no further than the tiny, but enjoyable Lake Francis Resort tucked away in the quiet community of Dobbins, CA.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (7-6-15)Rocklin, CA - Weekly crime report summary and digest update in Rocklin, CA.
Roseville Gas Prices: Find the Best DealsRoseville, CA - Finding the best deals on gas in Roseville is always one click away.
Free Spay and Neuter for all Placer County CatsRoseville, CA -With the arrival of hot summer weather, an increasing number of homeless kittens are arriving at area animal shelters
2016 Acura MDX retains luxury appeal2016 Acura MDX: Now in its seventh year of production by Honda's luxury division, the Acura MDX is one of many midsize luxury crossover sport utility vehicles
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Estimated Prophet / Terrapin StationTonight in Chicago, the final show of Fare Thee Well, a celebration of 50 years of Grateful Dead's music takes place at Soldier Field
Smart Choice: Don't Drink and Drive Californians love to celebrate the Fourth of July with family, friends, food, and fireworks. All too often these celebrations and festivities turn tragic when someone decides
Quick Tips on Beating the HeatPlacer County public health officials are urging residents to take common-sense precautions so they and their families stay safe during this week's ongoing heat wave
NEWS: In Case You Missed It