New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville appoints Jim Maccoun next Police ChiefRoseville, Calif., - Roseville City Manager Rob Jensen announced today the appointment of Jim Maccoun as the city's next police chief.
Sierra College Wins $350,000 Makerspace Grant(ROCKLIN, CA) -Through a competitive process, Sierra College was awarded a $350,000 CCC Maker Grant, renewable for a second year
New Construction is Booming: Real Estate Watch Realtor Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, explains why we are seeing so many homes being built and what it is doing to alleviate the housing shortage.
Annual Vic's To Gunther's Ice Cream WalkEveryone's invited to join in the Sacramento Walking Sticks annual Vic's to Gunther's Ice Cream Walk, including the family dog
Annual Fab 40's Run/Walk Benefitting Alzheimer's AssociationSacramento, Calif.,- On Saturday, July 29, East Lawn will host its 10th Annual Fab 40's 5k Run/Walk benefitting the Alzheimer's Association of Northern California
Men's Cross Country Team at WJU Signs ThreeROCKLIN, Calif. - The Warriors' head men's cross country coach, Parker Daniells announced the signing of three incoming freshmen to join in the 2017 season on the course.
Roseville to Host USA Softball Fastpitch ChampionshipRoseville, Calif., - USA Softball of Sacramento and Placer Valley Tourism are teaming up to host the USA Softball Girls Fastpitch 14U Class B Western National Championship
Placer County Sheriff Devon Bell to Run for ElectionRoseville, CA) - Placer County Sheriff Devon Bell recently announced he will run for sheriff in the 2018 election.
Upcoming Fundraiser in Roseville for Malnourished ChildrenROSEVILLE - A local effort to pack hundreds of thousands of meals for malnourished children around the world is holding its annual major fundraiser on Aug. 26
California Fire Updates (7.25.17)California Fire Updates 2017: 6,100+ firefighters battling 11 significant wildfires in California.
Roseville Gas Prices Feel the HeatRoseville road warriors are once again all smiles as gas prices continue to fall in and around Placer County
Kia Sorento delivers considerable versatilityRoseville, CA- Last year's remodeling effort took the Kia Sorento to a higher level and gave it more credibility among a somewhat crowded group of midsize sport utility vehicles.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It