New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesHoliday in the Hills on the Placer Wine Trail in DecemberRoseville, CA, - Come join us and help celebrate the holidays on the Placer Wine Trail to benefit Toys for Tots. Enjoy the holidays in Placer County
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Comes to Life at This EventSacramento, Calif. - Dr. Seuss' beloved holiday tale "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will come to life at Fairytale Town's annual Winter Wonderland event.
California Bowl in Roseville November 24- 26Roseville, CA - Nov. 16, 2017 -One of the most competitive and exciting youth football tournaments on the west coast returns to Roseville over Thanksgiving weekend.
Kids with Disabilities to Get Help with Telemedicine Program (Sacramento, Calif.) - The UC Davis Department of Pediatrics has received a $2 million, five-year grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to fund a new telemedicine program
Gun Scare in Roseville at Woodcreek HighRoseville, CA, - Roseville Police find loaded handgun following alert from Woodcreek High Students.
Ford can 'Focus' on its futureRoseville, CA,- Not many people are probably aware, but the Ford Focus has been among the top-selling cars in the world, and even held the top spot in 2013.
$1.5 Million in Grants for Sacramento-area NonprofitsRoseville, CA,- Kaiser Permanente has awarded 52 grants totaling more than $1.5 million to local not-for-profit organizations, schools and public entities in Sacramento, Yolo and Placer counties.
Roseville Gas Prices Up 20 Percent Year from Last YearRoseville, CA,- Gas prices in Roseville ticked up slightly this past week. Following on the heels on California's $5 billion a year gas tax hike
Holiday Safety Tips by Roseville Police Dept.Roseville, CA,- The holiday season is a busy and festive time. While you're busy preparing, criminals are stepping up their efforts to increase their holiday haul.
Fishing Club Monthly Breakfast in AuburnThe Rooster Tails Fishing Club monthly breakfast will be held at the Auburn Elks Lodge at 195 Pine Street in Auburn on November 17
Placer County Regional Bikeway Plan UpdateAs Placer County experiences dramatic growth in population, new homes and businesses, the popularity of cycling grows at the same time
Orange is New Pink 5K Walk for Breast CancerOrange is the New Pink 5K Walk for Breast Cancer will take place Sunday, Dec. 3 at Mandarin Hill Orchards in Penryn
NEWS: In Case You Missed It