New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesKeep Your Pets Safe in the Hot Summer MonthsRoseville, CA - Summertime means fun in the sun, especially with your furry, four-legged friends. Unfortunately, the warmer weather
Roseville Weekly Crime Report Digest (6.26.16)Weekly Roseville crime report digest update for the period covering 17-24, 2016.
$18 Million in Contracts to Assist Placer County's Most VulnerableThe Placer County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved nine different contract agreements totaling more than $18 million to provide mental health, substance abuse, transitional housing and child abuse prevention services
Special Needs Dog Looking for a Special HomeRoseville, CA - Bentley, a five year old Dachshund/Wire Haired Terrier, arrived at the Placer SPCA in May without use of his hind legs
California Fires Update Summary (6.26.16)Over 4,900 firefighters are battling 7 large wildfires in California. Last night Red Flag Warnings due to gusty winds and low humidity in many areas of California
Nurse Practitioner Advises on StrokeAccording to the National Institutes of Health, about 800,000 Americans each year experience a stroke, and those strokes "cause more serious long-term disabilities than any other disease."
Loomis and Meadow Vista Libraries to Close DownAUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors this past week approved the closure of the Loomis and Meadow Vista libraries
Transportation Sales Tax Closer to Ballot MeasureThe Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) Board of Directors, acting as the Placer County Local Transportation Authority, unanimously adopted the Keep Placer Moving Transportation Investment Plan
Beach House Restaurant in Pacific GrovePacific Grove, CA- Gazing upon the ebb and flow of the cool, clear Pacific waters as they lap against the shore of Monterey Bay as the sun gently descends toward the horizon is a damn fine way
Placer County Grand Jury Report Critical of Local Government Operations This year's Placer County Grand Jury Final Report contains some individual reports which are critical of local government operations
Summer of Free Museums in Placer CountyMuseums throughout Placer County will offer free admission on select days all summer as the Heritage Trail Museums Tour returns for its ninth year
Python Snake on the Loose in Rocklin LocatedRocklin, CA- The Rocklin Police Department was informed the snake that escaped from its owner was located.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It