New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer SPCA Reduced Adoption FeesThroughout the month of March, all Lucky St. Catrick's cats have waived adoption fees and all St. Pitty's Day pit bulls have a reduced adoption fee
Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts Get Boost with SnowstormTahoe South launches into spring with more than a foot of fresh powder falling on area ski resorts: Heavenly, Sierra-at-Tahoe and Kirkwood this past weekend
Local Women Recognized at Soroptomist Awards CeremonySoroptimist International of Loomis Basin (SILB) recently presented nearly $5,000 in community awards
50 Days of the Dead: Mission in the RainThe Jerry Garcia Band ripping through a powerful Mission in the Rain from one of our favorite shows.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (3.3.15)The Roseville, CA weekly police crime report update for March 3, 2015.
Roseville Thieves Targeting Mail and Catalytic ConvertersRoseville police are reporting an increase in both mail and catalytic converter thefts.
Led Zeppelin in Roseville on March 30thRoseville area residents have the opportunity to see Led Zeppelin on the big screen March 30th at Century Roseville
Vertical Express for Can Do MS Squaw ValleyVertical Express for Can Do MS at Squaw Valley March 14- 15.
California Nut Festival Tickets on Sale March 6thTickets for the 2015 California Nut Festival held in Chico go on sale March 6th.
Ophir Gardens: Safe Water Flows AgainResidents of Ophir Gardens no longer have to worry about having a safe, reliable water supply.
Substitute Teacher Recruitment Fair in Roseville Roseville, CA - Brandman University is hosting a free Substitute Recruitment Fair in Roseville March 5th
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (3-3-15)Rocklin weekly crime report update for the period of February 23,2015 to March 1, 2015.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It