New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines2016 Housing Market UpdateRealtor, Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about the housing market performance predictions presented by the chief economist of the National Association of Realtors at a recent conference.
New California Laws for 2016 (Final)Roseville, CA - The final installment for New California laws for 2016.
Placer SPCA Announces 2016 Board of DirectorsRoseville, CA - On January 18th, the Placer SPCA announced the election of its 2016 Roseville, CA - The Placer SPCA recently announced the election of its 2016 Officers for the Board of Directors.
Roseville Gas Price Wars: Under $1.90 a GallonRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville are pushing to lows not seen in a very long time. Costco and ARCO continue to dominate the leaderboard
2016 Subaru Forester: Reliable compact SUVRoseville, CA- The Subaru Forester is a no-frills SUV that embraces Subaru's practical approach to auto making.
$100,000 Gift to Help Local Nursing StudentsRocklin, CA, - Just last month, the Sierra College Foundation received a $100,000 donation to establish an endowment fund to help
Captured: Mexican Nationals found on Foresthill RoadA Placer County Sheriff's deputy just arrested the three men who've eluded capture since Wednesday afternoon.
Water Supply Projection by Water Agency GMAUBURN, Calif. - Following weeks of rain and snowfall, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors met on February 4 to receive the latest snowpack and water supply update.
3 Rocklin Restaurants Hit by BurglarRocklin, CA - On the morning of February 4, 2016 between the hour of 1:30 AM and 2:30 AM, three closed take-out style restaurants
Roseville Housing Authority Nabs Highest HUD RatingRoseville, CA- For the 11th consecutive year, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) named the Roseville Housing Authority
Local Woman Honored for Cancer AdvocacyRoseville, CA - Former educator and Granite Bay mother of three Laura Tyrrell was honored at the Stars of Advocacy Inaugural Gala Fundraiser.
New California Laws for 2016 (Part 33)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Part 33 includes Medical marijuana, Real estate investments, Housing standards, Disorderly conduct, Housing standards: mold, and more.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It