New California Laws for 2013
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business. Staying abreast of new state laws that possibly affect you can be an overwhelming task.
Starting today, Rocklin & Roseville Today will do our best to keep you informed and make that process a much simpler one. In a new series, we will be sharing with our readers a digestible portion of approximately 15- 20 of California's new laws. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this new feature.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 1
- AB 16 - High-Speed Rail Authority. Sets a policy for the High-Speed Rail Authority to encourage purchasing high-speed train rolling stock and equipment manufactured in California consistent with federal and state law and continued investment in California businesses.
- AB 40 - Elder and dependent adult abuse, reporting.
- AB 41 - High-Speed Rail Authority, conflicts of interest, disqualification.
- AB 45 - Charter-party carriers of passengers, alcoholic beverages, open containers. Requires that bus and limousine drivers be held responsible for telling all underage passengers that drinking alcohol is illegal. If alcohol is being transported in a bus or limousine with underage passengers on board, a person at least 25 years old must be on board to guarantee there is no underage consumption.
- AB 53 - Insurers, procurement contracts, minority/women/disabled veteran business enterprises. Requires major California Insurance industry insurers to encourage greater economic opportunities for women, minority, and disabled-veteran business enterprises by reporting data to the Insurance Commissioner.
- AB 57 - Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
- SB 81 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011.
- SB 83 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, Citizens Redistricting Commission.
- AB 102 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory changes to achieve savings assumed in the 2011 Budget Act for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).
- AB 103 - Budget. State cash resources.
- AB 106 - Budget. Makes statutory changes necessary to implement human services-related portions of the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 112 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes in the area of state government in order to enact modifications to the 2010 Budget Act.
- AB 119 - Budget. Contains necessary statutory and technical changes to implement changes to the 2011 Budget Act.
- AB 137 - Health care coverage, mammographies.
- AB 146 - State Air Resources Board, membership.
- AB 174 - Office of Systems Integration, California Health and Human Services Automation Fund.
- AB 178 - State teachers' retirement.
- AB 197 - Public employees' retirement.
- AB 216 - Voters, residency confirmation.
- AB 232 - Community Development Block Grant Program, funds.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesJazz Sampler Concert Sunday in RocklinRocklin, CA -The Sierra College Music Department is proud to present a Sampler Concert on Sunday, September 25th
WJU Opens New Science LabROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University recently announced the opening of its new Gandy Chemistry Lab to students this semester, thus paving the way
Sacramento Capital Cup Fundraising Shatters $500,000 Goal Roseville, Calif. - Organizers of the Sacramento Capital Cup announced that they have surpassed their $500,000 fundraising goal
Lincoln Showcase Tonight at Beermann PlazaLincoln, CA- Lincoln Showcase returns to Beermann Plaza tonight with local food, wine and craft beer and live music.
Weekend Starts Here: Autumn Kicks Off with Fun EventsRoseville, CA- The first weekend of autumn will see a return of warmer weather along with a fun assortment of local events in the Roseville and Rocklin area
Video: Roseville State of the City AddressRoseville, CA- Roseville Mayor Carol Garcia kicks off the 2016 State of the City address highlighting the city of Roseville's strengths.
Oktoberfest at The Village at Squaw Valley September 24thSquaw Valley kicks off fall with the return of Oktoberfest, featuring authentic German craft beer, food, music and Bavarian-themed competitions.
Paid Placer County Poll Workers NeededAUBURN, Calif. -- Can't get enough of this year's election? The best seats in the house on Election Day are still available - and we'll pay you to take them.
Free Design & Engineering Advice in Rocklin and SacramentoRocklin, -- In celebration of National Manufacturing Day, on October 7, 2016, Sierra College, SME Sacramento Valley and Hacker Lab
Trash Talk Community Meeting in Roseville October 4thRoseville, CA - The Western Placer Waste Management Authority will host its sixth annual community meeting Tuesday, Oct. 4, at 6 p.m. to discuss odors and other operational issues
Mazda CX-9 a major hit with redesignRoseville, CA- The V6 engine is gone and the horsepower has been reduced, which leaves one wondering just what the heck Mazda was thinking when it put together the redesigned CX-9
Free Health & Wellness Fair September 23 in RocklinRocklin, CA -- Did you know that right here in Placer County there are a wide range of Health and Wellness services designed just for seniors and their caregivers?
NEWS: In Case You Missed It