New California Laws for 2013 (Part 7)
Part 7 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 7
- AB 1446 - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, transactions and use tax.
- AB 1447 - Automobile sales finance, sellers.
- AB 1451 - High school athletics, California High School Coaching Education and Training Program.
- AB 1452 - Vehicles, child passenger restraints.
- AB 1453 - California Health Care Coverage Law. (effective 2014)
- AB 1456 - Gas corporations, safety performance metrics, rate incentive program.
- AB 1458 - California Transportation Commission.
- AB 1459 - The Atmospheric Acidity Protection Act of 1988.
- AB 1460 - California Commission on Industrial Innovation.
- AB 1464 - Budget. 2012-13 Budget.
- AB 1465 - Budget. Transportation.
- AB 1467 - Budget. Health.
- AB 1468 - Health.
- AB 1470 - Budget. Mental health, State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1471 - Human services.
- AB 1472 - Budget. Developmental services.
- AB 1477 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1478 - State Parks, finances.
- AB 1481 - Public safety.
- AB 1484 - Budget. Community redevelopment.
- AB 1485 - Budget. Budget Act of 2011, augmentation.
- AB 1486 - California Environmental Quality Act, exemption, Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Accident on Foothills BoulevardRoseville, CA - A late afternoon accident has shuttered southbound traffic on Foothills Boulevard, south of Baseline. Foothills Boulevard south of Baseline is currently closed to traffic.
Placer SPCA in Auburn Waiving Cat Adoption Fees Roseville, CA - It's that time of year again. Dust off that ugly sweater, throw back that nutmeg drink, flip off the lights on the tree hiding in your living room, wave goodbye to the Griswold's, and head on over to Placer SPCA
Lyme Disease Organism in Placer CountyOfficials at the Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District (PMVCD) caution residents of the presence of the Lyme disease organism in local ticks
Placer County Water Agency Elects New ChairmanDistrict 5 Director Joshua Alpine, of Colfax, was elected Monday (Dec. 9) by his fellow directors to serve as 2014 chairman of the Placer County Water Agency Board of Directors.
Granite Bay Resident Honored by USA NetworkUSA Networks will honor Granite Bay Resident Leslie DeDora, Founder, Executive Director and Program Director of A Touch of Understanding.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (12-10-13)The Roseville California Police Department's weekly crime report digest for December 10, 2013.
Quick Guide to Buying Firewood in Placer CountyWith the wood stove and fireplace season upon us, Placer County Agricultural Commissioner is reminding consumers to know what they are getting when buying firewood.
How To Cope with Holiday StressThere will be more than 40,000 U.S. deaths from drug overdose this year, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and another 300,000 emergency room visits for drug and alcohol abuse.