New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods &services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Man Arrested on Sexual Battery ChargeDetectives arrested Quin Wilde Mack, age 38 of Roseville, on suspicion of sexual battery
Managing Alzheimer's Behaviors Lecture Coming Up"Alzheimer's behaviors: How do I manage them?" will be the subject of the next UC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center Community Discovery Lecture Series
Rocklin Hot Chili & Cool Cars set for September 19thROCKLIN- It's a special year for Hot Chili & Cool Cars. This year, the event honors a decade of giving back to the Matthew Redding Scholarship Foundation
Roseville's John Adams Charter School Celebrates GrowthOfficials and students from John Adams Academy (JAA) charter school will host an official dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony for the newly acquired Washington Building
First Phase of Placer Parkway Gets Supervisors Go AheadThe Placer County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to allow planning to proceed for the first phase of the Placer Parkway road project just outside Rocklin, Roseville and Lincoln.
Roseville Invited to Comment Tonight on Social Host OrdinanceRecently the Placer County Youth Commission, which includes several student representatives from Roseville and Granite Bay as well as other parts of Placer County, approached Roseville's
Roseville Man Arrested in House Party RobberyBrent Leo Alan Mason, age 19 of Roseville, was arrested without incident at an apartment complex in Rocklin
Pink By The Pool September 17th at Thunder Valley CasinoThe Placer Breast Cancer Foundation is hosting the annual Pink By The Pool fundraising event, Thursday, Sept. 17 at Thunder Valley Casino.
Feed My Starving Children Dinner in Roseville September 12thROSEVILLE - The annual Feed My Starving Children dinner on Sept. 12th will help raise money to pack meals for malnourished children around the world
O2 breathe Walk in Roseville set for October 10thO2 breathe fundraising Walk, benefiting the Pulmonary Hypertension Association on Saturday, October 10, 2015 at Maidu Park in Roseville.
Roseville Gas Price Battle: Costco vs. Sam's ClubRoseville, CA - Roseville gas prices continue to drop bringing welcome relief to motorists. The price war between Costco and Sam's Club in Roseville continues to benefit consumers
California Fire Updates Summary (8-29-15)California Fire Updates 2015: Although 6,300 firefighters remain on the lines battling 13 active wildfires, crews made significant progress over the past couple of days.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It