New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods &services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Crime Report Digest Update (1.31.15)Roseville Police Department crime report digest update January 31, 2015.
Rocklin Police Recruits GraduateRocklin Police Recruits John Tannarome and Jonathan Gee graduated from the six-month long Academy at a recent public graduation ceremony in Sacramento.
Family Faces Disability-Related ChallengesOn Christmas Eve 2014, Tommi Mclaughlin of Spearfish, South Dakota, lost her balance because of multiple sclerosis (MS), fell over backwards near the family Christmas tree
California Projects Selected to Boost Solar DeploymentThe Energy Department is awarding more than $14 million in funding for 15 new projects to help communities develop multi-year solar deployment plans to install solar electricity in homes, businesses, and communities.
New California Laws for 2015 (Part 30)New California laws for 2015 part 30 includes civil service, acupuncture, social services, disorderly conduct, pupil health, campaign finance, mattress recycling and more.
50 Days of the Dead: China Cat SunflowerJamming in Winterland 1974 with a version of their psychedelic inspired classic China Cat Sunflower
UC Davis Patient Tests Negative for EbolaState and local public health and hospital officials have confirmed that the patient transported by specialized ambulance and admitted to UC Davis
Beth Gaines Elected to Women In Government BoardAt its 21st Annual State Directors' Conference, Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) was sworn into the Women In Government 2015 Board of Directors
Suspected Ebola Patient in the Hospital A patient with symptoms consistent with Ebola infection was transferred to UC Davis Medical Center Thursday morning from Mercy General Hospital in Sacramento
Placer SPCA Announces 2015 Board of DirectorsRoseville, CA - The Placer SPCA announced the election of its 2015 Officers and the installation of two new board members.
Project for Homes Overlooking Lake Tahoe WithdrawnA project that sought to build some 112 residential homes on land overlooking Lake Tahoe has been withdrawn from the review process.
Stand Up Placer Receives $10,000 Grant from Wells FargoStand Up Placer received a generous grant award of $10,000 from Wells Fargo. Stand Up Placer is a local non-profit that provides comprehensive services to domestic violence , sexual assault, and human trafficking survivors
NEWS: In Case You Missed It