New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods &services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesEx-Major Leaguer Takes Pride in CareerIn eleven Major League Baseball seasons from 1993-2006, journeyman Curtis Pride hit 20 home runs and had 82 runs batted in total as an outfielder for seven different teams (via ATOU Cares.org)
Cuba's State Sponsor of Terrorism Label RescindedCuba's designation as a State Sponsor of Terrorism has been rescinded.
2015 NBA Finals Schedule and Game Times40 years on, NBA MVP Stephen Curry brings the Golden State Warriors back to the NBA Finals against powerhouse LeBron James
$30 Million Fanny Bridge Project Approved for Tahoe CityThe Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board today unanimously approved the Tahoe Transportation District's State Route 89/Fanny Bridge
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (5-29-15)Rocklin weekly crime report digest update for the period of May 18- 24, 2015
Heat Accelerates Dry in California DroughtDrought Watch: Although record low precipitation has been the main driver of one of the worst droughts in California history, abnormally high temperatures have also played an important role
Angelo K. Tsakopoulos Family Donates Lincoln Acreage to Dignity HealthDignity Health announced today that it has received a gift of 32.85 acres of vacant land in Lincoln from the Angelo K. and Sofia Tsakopoulos family, a gift valued at more than $10 million.
$18 Million for Humanitarian Assistance for Ukraine CrisisThe United States remains concerned by the growing humanitarian crisis in eastern Ukraine, particularly in areas occupied by combined Russian-separatist forces
Santa Barbara Oil Spill Cleanup Orders Issued by FedsThe United States issues cleanup order to owner of ruptured Refugio Beach oil pipeline. Federal order ensures continued action on Santa Barbara County spill.
Auburn Homeless Shelter Opens June 1stA temporary homeless shelter operated by Volunteers of America and funded by Right Hand Auburn is scheduled to open at the Placer County Government Center
Roseville Chamber of Commerce Events June 2015The Roseville Chamber of Commerce gears up for another month of business events for June 2015.
Roseville Sorority Chapter Supports Former Foster Youth at Sierra CollegeSusan Goto and Carol Sue Acres, representing the Alpha Delta Kappa Beta ETA Chapter in Roseville, stopped by the Sierra College Foundation Office
NEWS: In Case You Missed It