New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods &services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesA Taste of Excellence in Rocklin on May 2The Board of Directors of the Sierra College Foundation is pleased to announce the 11th Annual A Taste of Excellence, the organization's largest fundraising effort
Mazda CX-5 SUV is a WinnerMazda definitely made a wise move several years ago, introducing the CX-5 in hopes that it would fare better
The Fire Fee Shell Game: You Lose!Democrats in the California Legislature seem to be facing the reality that the fire tax they passed with the Governor's help in 2011 is unfair
Bipolar Disorder: Man Has Success (ATOU Cares)Sixty-seven year-old John Martin has bipolar disorder 1, a form of the disorder in which the manic state dominates.
Sutter Roseville Medical Center Opens New ChapelSutter Roseville Medical Center (SRMC) dedicated its new chapel this week, highlighting the beautiful space available to patients, visitors and staff
Deputy Secretary of Commerce Kicks Off Cap-To-CapOver 320 regional business, civic and elected officials travel to Washington, D.C. this week to meet with federal representatives to advocate on behalf of the six-county Sacramento region.
Miss Placer County Pageant Accepting ApplicationsMiss Placer County Pageant accepting applications for the June 27th pageant at the Placer County Fair.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (4-17-15)Rocklin crime summary and digest update report for the period of April 6- 12, 2015.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (4.17.15)Weekly crime report digest update for Roseville, April 17, 2015
Roseville Vendor Workshop April 30thThe Roseville Chamber of Commerce is working in partnership with the City of Roseville on a commitment to educate our members on the City's bidding process
Sports Complex in Roseville Expected to Boost EconomyPlacer Valley Tourism and The City of Roseville are moving forward on plans to build a regional park with eight to twelve multi-use fields to strengthen Placer County's
Playing to Win at Studio Movie Grill in Rocklin May 9thPlaying to Win: A Relentless Pursuit to Save a Team to premiere at Rocklin's Studio Movie Grill beginning May 9th
NEWS: In Case You Missed It