New California Laws for 2013 (Part 9)
Part 9 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 9
- AB 1529 - Trial courts, restructuring and bail forfeiture.
- AB 1531 - State claims.
- AB 1532 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- AB 1533 - Medicine, trainees, international medical graduates.
- AB 1534 - Vehicles, dealers, used vehicle sales, labeling requirements.
- AB 1536 - Vehicles, electronic wireless communications, prohibitions.
- AB 1540 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, invasive weeds, South American spongeplant.
- AB 1548 - Practice of medicine, cosmetic surgery, employment of physicians and surgeons.
- AB 1550 - Vehicles, veterans' organizations license plates fees. Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans' license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 1551 - Housing.
- AB 1558 - Liability, flood control and water conservation facilities.
- AB 1559 - Firearms.
- AB 1565 - Public contracts, school districts, bidding requirements.
- AB 1566 - Aboveground storage tanks, enforcement.
- AB 1567 - Firefighting equipment, firefighting endorsement.
- AB 1569 - Community mental health services, assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB 1572 - Service authorities for freeway emergencies, San Diego County.
- AB 1573 - School attendance, residency requirements, foster children.
- AB 1575 - Pupil fees.
- AB 1578 - Indian Valley Watermaster District.
- AB 1580 - Health care, eligibility, enrollment.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRPAL Golf Classic in Roseville October 16Woodcreek Golf Club in Roseville will host the RPAL Golf Classic on Oct. 16. Woodcreek's 20th annual anniversary tournament
Ninja Sushi & Teriyaki coming RosevilleThe Roseville Community Development Corporation announced today an agreement with locally-owned Ninja Sushi & Teriyaki to open an expanded location
Exploring Mars With Curiosity in Rocklin October 16The Sierra College Natural History Museum will host a presentation entitled "Exploring Mars With Curiosity" by Dawn Sumner, a UC Davis
Ditch Mammography Tool says UC Davis ResearcherA costly tool used on nearly all mammograms does not increase cancer detection rates and should no longer be covered by Medicare, argues Joshua Fenton
Never Saw Another Butterfly in Rocklin begins Oct 23Rocklin, CA- Sierra College Theatre Arts Department announces its fall production of I Never Saw Another Butterfly, written by Celeste Raspanti
PCWA Customers Curb Water Use 34 PercentDrought Watch: Since June of this year, PCWA customers have decreased water use by 34 percent in comparison to base year 2013.
Placer County Child Support Services Recognized for ImprovementsThe Placer County Department of Child Support Services has received the 2015 Most Improved Child Support Program Award
Repeat DUI's Targeted with Ignition Interlock ProgramOn Monday, Governor Jerry Brown signed into law SB 61, adding another 18 months to a four-county ignition interlock pilot program
California Fire Updates Summary (10-2-15)Nearly 1,000 firefighters are battling 7 large fires. In Northern California, an area of low pressure is moving throughout the area today with light showers
Lincoln Salmon Festival Celebration October 3rdLincoln, CA - The Wildlife Heritage Foundation (WHF) is gearing up for the sixth annual Salmon Celebration to bring awareness to the migrating salmon population
Roseville Coffee Wars: Dunkin Donuts and Dutch Bros. ExpandingRoseville, CA - Coffee is big business and Roseville is at center stage in South Placer County as the coffee giants battle it out to serve up their high-priced specialty brews.
151,000 Acres Scarred: Rough Fire GrowsCalifornia Fire Updates 2015: In Northern California, an area of low pressure is moving slowly into the area today with light showers expected and cooler temperatures
NEWS: In Case You Missed It