New California Laws for 2013 (Part 9)
Part 9 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 9
- AB 1529 - Trial courts, restructuring and bail forfeiture.
- AB 1531 - State claims.
- AB 1532 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- AB 1533 - Medicine, trainees, international medical graduates.
- AB 1534 - Vehicles, dealers, used vehicle sales, labeling requirements.
- AB 1536 - Vehicles, electronic wireless communications, prohibitions.
- AB 1540 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, invasive weeds, South American spongeplant.
- AB 1548 - Practice of medicine, cosmetic surgery, employment of physicians and surgeons.
- AB 1550 - Vehicles, veterans' organizations license plates fees. Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans' license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 1551 - Housing.
- AB 1558 - Liability, flood control and water conservation facilities.
- AB 1559 - Firearms.
- AB 1565 - Public contracts, school districts, bidding requirements.
- AB 1566 - Aboveground storage tanks, enforcement.
- AB 1567 - Firefighting equipment, firefighting endorsement.
- AB 1569 - Community mental health services, assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB 1572 - Service authorities for freeway emergencies, San Diego County.
- AB 1573 - School attendance, residency requirements, foster children.
- AB 1575 - Pupil fees.
- AB 1578 - Indian Valley Watermaster District.
- AB 1580 - Health care, eligibility, enrollment.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesSampler Concert in Rocklin at Sierra CollegeThe Sierra College Music Department is proud to present a Sampler Concert on Sunday, September 28th at 3:00pm in Dietrich Theatre on the Sierra College Rocklin Campus
William Jessup University to Host Worship ConferenceROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University will host the fifth annual Worship Conference on Saturday, September 27 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
New Protections for Animal Control OfficersAssemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville)announced that Governor Brown has signed her legislation (Assembly Bill 1511) to provide greater protections for animal control officers in California
California Statewide Fire Summary (9.23.14)California Fire Update: This morning over 8,100 firefighters continue to battle 5 major wildfires burning in California. Yesterday afternoon firefighters fully contained the Nelson Fire
California Fires Summary: King Fire Rages OnCalifornia Fire Update: This morning nearly 6,500 firefighters continue to battle 6 major wildfires burning in California
California Fires May Close Placer County SchoolsCalifornia Fire Update: Placer County public health officials said Monday that a smoke-related Air Quality Advisory remains in effect, emphasizing that they are working closely with school officials on whether to close schools
Gas Prices Continue Downward TrendAverage retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.66/g yesterday
California Statewide Fire Summary: King Fire 10 Percent Contained California Fire Update: Today 6,700 CAL FIRE, local and federal firefighters remain on the frontlines of 6 major wildfires across California.
Subaru BRZ: An Old-School Sports CarThe 2015 Subaru BRZ, a sports car smartly designed for driving enthusiasts who want to own a light, agile car that can provide that elusive fun factor while also looking cool.
California Statewide Fire Summary: King Fire over 80,000 Acres California Fire Update: Firefighters are concerned on the King Fire that this may shift the direction of the fire pushing it back to the South
PCWA Board Declares King Fire EmergencyCalifornia Fire Update: Auburn, CA- Critically important power generation, residential, maintenance, and storage facilities of the Placer County Water Agency
Roseville Fundraiser Raises $18,000 for Upcoming MobilePackA local effort to pack 500,000 meals for malnourished children around the world recently raised nearly $18,000 at a dinner fundraiser