New California Laws for 2013 (Part 9)
Part 9 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 9
- AB 1529 - Trial courts, restructuring and bail forfeiture.
- AB 1531 - State claims.
- AB 1532 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- AB 1533 - Medicine, trainees, international medical graduates.
- AB 1534 - Vehicles, dealers, used vehicle sales, labeling requirements.
- AB 1536 - Vehicles, electronic wireless communications, prohibitions.
- AB 1540 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, invasive weeds, South American spongeplant.
- AB 1548 - Practice of medicine, cosmetic surgery, employment of physicians and surgeons.
- AB 1550 - Vehicles, veterans' organizations license plates fees. Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans' license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 1551 - Housing.
- AB 1558 - Liability, flood control and water conservation facilities.
- AB 1559 - Firearms.
- AB 1565 - Public contracts, school districts, bidding requirements.
- AB 1566 - Aboveground storage tanks, enforcement.
- AB 1567 - Firefighting equipment, firefighting endorsement.
- AB 1569 - Community mental health services, assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB 1572 - Service authorities for freeway emergencies, San Diego County.
- AB 1573 - School attendance, residency requirements, foster children.
- AB 1575 - Pupil fees.
- AB 1578 - Indian Valley Watermaster District.
- AB 1580 - Health care, eligibility, enrollment.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Placer County News HeadlinesView Lowest Gas Prices in RosevilleCheck daily to save money as we post the lowest gas prices in Roseville.
Hyundai Genesis: Quite an Impressive SedanRedesigned for 2015, the Hyundai Genesis features a roomier cabin, improved engines, better fuel economy, additional entertainment options, and offers all-wheel drive
Coping with Holiday StressHolidays can be filled with joy, laughter, family and good friends. But for some, the holidays bring on additional stress and seasonal "blues."
396 Years to Life for Roaming RapistDereck Jermaine Sanders known as the Roaming Rapist has been sentenced to 396 years to life in prison.
Seniors First's Cafés Nourish Bodies and SpiritsDuring a rainy winter, when inclement weather can preclude a trip to the store or local food closet, it's important to remind the elderly and their families that there are local options available
Business Executive Fighting Lou Gehrig's DiseaseAbout five years ago, Todd Neva, now of Hancock, Michigan, began having trouble lifting his daughter from her carseat. Over time,
$226,278 Raised in Dutch Bros. Buck for Kids DayOn Friday, Dec. 5, Dutch Bros. Coffee and customers banded together to raise $226,278 for children on the company's annual Buck for Kids Day.
Roseville 5th Graders Provide Inspiration to PatientsEach month, fifth-grade students from Stoneridge Elementary School's Leadership Club visit Sutter Rehabilitation Institute (SRI) in Roseville to visit patients.
Rocklin Unified's Beleaguered Special Ed Program Seeks ChangeThe Rocklin Unified School District has contracted with WestED to perform a study on its beleaguered Special Education department.
Roseville Charity Hearts that Care Partners with Placer SIUOn December 17th, 2014, The Placer County Special Investigation Unit (SIU), a Placer County Law Enforcement Task Force comprised of State and local Placer County law enforcement
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (12.19.14)Crime report digest update for Roseville California, December 19, 2014
Food for 400,000 Meals Raised for Placer Food BankThunder Valley Casino Resort and Whitney Oaks Golf Club have collected over 50,000 pounds of food for Placer Food Bank food drive.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It