New California Laws for 2013 (Part 9)
Part 9 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 9
- AB 1529 - Trial courts, restructuring and bail forfeiture.
- AB 1531 - State claims.
- AB 1532 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- AB 1533 - Medicine, trainees, international medical graduates.
- AB 1534 - Vehicles, dealers, used vehicle sales, labeling requirements.
- AB 1536 - Vehicles, electronic wireless communications, prohibitions.
- AB 1540 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, invasive weeds, South American spongeplant.
- AB 1548 - Practice of medicine, cosmetic surgery, employment of physicians and surgeons.
- AB 1550 - Vehicles, veterans' organizations license plates fees. Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans' license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 1551 - Housing.
- AB 1558 - Liability, flood control and water conservation facilities.
- AB 1559 - Firearms.
- AB 1565 - Public contracts, school districts, bidding requirements.
- AB 1566 - Aboveground storage tanks, enforcement.
- AB 1567 - Firefighting equipment, firefighting endorsement.
- AB 1569 - Community mental health services, assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB 1572 - Service authorities for freeway emergencies, San Diego County.
- AB 1573 - School attendance, residency requirements, foster children.
- AB 1575 - Pupil fees.
- AB 1578 - Indian Valley Watermaster District.
- AB 1580 - Health care, eligibility, enrollment.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesWest Nile Virus and Mosquito Control Awareness WeekRoseville, CA -The Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District (PMVCD) announces the official beginning of the season during West Nile virus and Mosquito
NCAA Golf Championship Returns To Greenhorn Creek ResortAngels Camp, CA - The NCAA Big Sky Men's Golf Championship (previously known as the America Sky Championship) will be contested at Greenhorn Creek Resort.
Hacker Lab Grand Opening in Rocklin May 7thSierra College brought Hacker Lab, a co-working and maker space open to the community, to Rocklin and the organizations are hosting a Grand Opening on Thursday, May 7th.
California Family Fitness Job Fairs in Folsom and SacCalifornia Family Fitness, voted Sacramento's top health and fitness provider for 15 years, is looking for motivated, passionate and qualified men and women
Open to Public: Hazard Mitigation Plan in Auburn and Tahoe CityThe Placer County Office of Emergency Services will hold two meetings in an update of the county's Local Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Gas Prices Reverse Course and Head UpwardRoseville, CA- Gas prices reversed course this past week and trended upwards. The good news is that bargain shoppers can currently avoid the increase
Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 8)Part 8: Join us as we count down to #1 to the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California.
UC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center in Walnut CreekThe UC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center, one of only 27 research centers designated by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Aging, has established a new clinic
Water Restrictions Expanded for PCWA CustomersDrought Watch: The Placer County Water Agency Board of Directors adopted the Stage 2 Water Warning condition under PCWA's Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
Maui Vacation: Journey Into ParadiseAnother magnificent day in Maui, where the possibilities seem almost limitless in the pursuit of fun.
A Taste of Excellence in Rocklin on May 2The Board of Directors of the Sierra College Foundation is pleased to announce the 11th Annual A Taste of Excellence, the organization's largest fundraising effort
Mazda CX-5 SUV is a WinnerMazda definitely made a wise move several years ago, introducing the CX-5 in hopes that it would fare better
NEWS: In Case You Missed It