New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines2016 Housing Market UpdateRealtor, Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about the housing market performance predictions presented by the chief economist of the National Association of Realtors at a recent conference.
New California Laws for 2016 (Final)Roseville, CA - The final installment for New California laws for 2016.
Placer SPCA Announces 2016 Board of DirectorsRoseville, CA - On January 18th, the Placer SPCA announced the election of its 2016 Roseville, CA - The Placer SPCA recently announced the election of its 2016 Officers for the Board of Directors.
Roseville Gas Price Wars: Under $1.90 a GallonRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville are pushing to lows not seen in a very long time. Costco and ARCO continue to dominate the leaderboard
2016 Subaru Forester: Reliable compact SUVRoseville, CA- The Subaru Forester is a no-frills SUV that embraces Subaru's practical approach to auto making.
$100,000 Gift to Help Local Nursing StudentsRocklin, CA, - Just last month, the Sierra College Foundation received a $100,000 donation to establish an endowment fund to help
Captured: Mexican Nationals found on Foresthill RoadA Placer County Sheriff's deputy just arrested the three men who've eluded capture since Wednesday afternoon.
Water Supply Projection by Water Agency GMAUBURN, Calif. - Following weeks of rain and snowfall, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors met on February 4 to receive the latest snowpack and water supply update.
3 Rocklin Restaurants Hit by BurglarRocklin, CA - On the morning of February 4, 2016 between the hour of 1:30 AM and 2:30 AM, three closed take-out style restaurants
Roseville Housing Authority Nabs Highest HUD RatingRoseville, CA- For the 11th consecutive year, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) named the Roseville Housing Authority
Local Woman Honored for Cancer AdvocacyRoseville, CA - Former educator and Granite Bay mother of three Laura Tyrrell was honored at the Stars of Advocacy Inaugural Gala Fundraiser.
New California Laws for 2016 (Part 33)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Part 33 includes Medical marijuana, Real estate investments, Housing standards, Disorderly conduct, Housing standards: mold, and more.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It