New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News Headlines$96,000 Raised for Fallen Officers with Help of Dutch Bros.On Wednesday, October 29, Dutch Bros. Coffee owners in the Sacramento area banded together with the community to raise $96,697 to support the families of Sacramento Sheriff Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer County Sheriff's Detective Michael David Davis Jr.
Roseville Police Seek Suspect in Halloween Crime61-year-old Daniel Rosario is being sought by Roseville police in connection with an early-morning burglary, car theft and attempted assault on an officer
Roseville, Rocklin Among Top Choices for Young FamiliesRoseville and Rocklin are ranked among the top 10 places in Northern California for young families according to a NerdWallet report
Kings, Sacramento Community Break Ground on Arena Marking the culmination of a decade-long effort to build a new arena in Sacramento, today the community officially celebrated the groundbreaking of the new downtown Entertainment and Sports Center (ESC).
Roseville Hit and Run Reward OfferedRoseville Crime Stoppers is offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest of a wrong-way driver who crashed into another car and then fled the scene
Free Alzheimer's Caregivers Workshop at UC DavisOnline registration begins Nov. 4 for the UC Davis Mini Medical School, a series of Saturday classes ideally geared for foresighted middle-agers and novice seniors
Roseville California Crime Brief (10.29.14) Crime brief update report for Roseville, California October 29, 2014.
Halloween Safety TipsCostumes, jack-'o-lanterns, haunted house and scary ghost stories mark this time of year as all kids of all ages enjoy the spirit of Halloween
Memorial for Slain Officer to be Held in RosevilleThe memorial service for Detective Michael Davis, who was killed in the line of duty will be held Tuesday, November 4, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. at Adventure Christian Church
2,400 Volunteers Turn Out in Rocklin for Annual EventMore than 2,400 volunteers packed 520,992 meals for malnourished children around the world at a three-day event at William Jessup University in Rocklin.
Sinking Gas Prices Won't Last The U.S. average price of gasoline ($3.03/gal) continues its slide to levels last seen in December 2010... and today, more than one-half of the nation's gas stations offer regular
Dutch Bros. to Raise Funds for Fallen Officers' Families Dutch Bros. Coffee owners in the Sacramento area are raising funds to support the families of Sacramento Sheriff Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer County Sheriff's Detective Michael David Davis Jr.