New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Follow Us On Facebook
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines9 Interesting Facts about Winter Home SalesSacramento area Realtor Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about a recent Redfin real estate study which indicates sellers should not discount the winter months to list their homes.
New California Laws 2017 (Part 3)New California laws for 2017. Part 3 includes pro sports teams, bankruptcy, state employees, foster care, voting rights, organ transplants, marijuana and more.
Autism: Great Minds Don't Always Think AlikeSteve Silberman will present "Great Minds Don't Always Think Alike," a deep look at the hidden history of autism and the promise of a future
$1 Million Grant Targets Chronic Homeless in Placer CountyPlacer County will receive a $1 million grant from Sutter Health to help house its chronically homeless population under a grant agreement approved
Martis Valley Groundwater Management UpdatePCWA Board approves alternative submittal for the Martis Valley Groundwater Basin.
Robert Dugan joins Sacramento Metro ChamberThe Sacramento Metro Chamber announced that Robert Dugan will join the organization as Senior Vice President of Public Policy & Economic Development
Roseville Councilmembers to be Sworn In December 7thRoseville, CA - Newly-elected Roseville City Councilmembers Bonnie Gore, John Allard and Scott Alvord will be sworn in on Wednesday, December 7th.
$250,000 for Local Nonprofits Working on Mental Health IssuesRoseville, CA - Placer Community Foundation recently made $250,000 in grants for mental health prevention and early intervention in Placer County.
Hacker Lab Maker of the Month: Heather Lee(ROCKLIN, CA) -- Hacker Lab announced that Heather Lee, a Sierra College student studying Graphic Design and Illustration
New California Laws 2017 (Part 2)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 2 includes water, budget act, hazardous materials, deportations to Mexico, mental health, animal research and more.
Volvo XC90: elegant and sophisticatedRoseville, CA- The 2017 Volvo XC90 review shares why there are plenty of reasons to be enamored with the XC90.
Roseville Gas Prices Pushing HigherRoseville, CA - With Brent crude oil prices rising above $55 a barrel for the first time in 16 months, Roseville residents
NEWS: In Case You Missed It