New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPediatric Telemedicine Consults Delivers Cost SavingsResearchers at UC Davis have conducted a comprehensive study to determine whether pediatric telemedicine consultations with rural emergency departments
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Sugar MagnoliaIn a nod to the recent Dear Jerry Celebration held at the Merriweather Post Pavilion and an online request, we step back in time 32 years to June 1983.
Memorial Day Weekend : All Aboard as Railroad Season BeginsWhen the whistle blows Memorial Day weekend it will be full steam ahead this summer aboard the historic Virginia & Truckee Railroad
American River Project: Water Transfer ApprovedDrought Watch: At the May 21 meeting of the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors, the Board approved a resolution authorizing the release of 12,000 acre-feet
Granite Bay Cuts Water Use 32 PercentDrought Watch: Customers in San Juan Water District's retail service area reduced their water use by 32 percent in April compared to 2013.
When 20 Billion Gallons of Water Savings is Not EnoughDrought Watch: Even though customers from 19 Sacramento-area water agencies have saved more than 20 billion gallons
$900,000 Window Project: Placer County Courthouse AuburnWork is under way on a construction project that will restore and repair aging windows at Placer County's Historic Courthouse in Auburn.
Squaw Valley High Profile Development ProposedA proposed high-profile project is in the works that would transform 94 acres in Squaw Valley into a development offering numerous resort residential options and amenities
Auburn Library Opens with Flooring Project CompletionThe Auburn branch of the Placer County Library has been closed since May 1
Kaiser Permanente Roseville Honors Fallen for Memorial DayKaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center held a special ceremony yesterday honoring the memories of all who have died on behalf of our country
Raley's and iFoster Launch Foster Youth Hiring Program iFoster has partnered with Raley's Family of Fine Stores to develop a new hiring program for foster youth.
Auburn Non-Profit Above All Adventures Utilizes IndiegogoIn Placer County, 13 is the average age for first time alcohol and illegal prescription use, and binge drinking increases threefold between 9th and 11th graders
NEWS: In Case You Missed It