New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Man Arrested for Child Molestation in Bay AreaJames McNealy Carroll, a 64 year-old Roseville resident has been arrested for six counts of child molestation.
Vacancies: Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory BoardThe Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board is in need of additional community members to fill vacant seats.
Distance Language Intervention and Disabilities CommunicationSean Sawicki, who has fragile X syndrome, can be hard to understand and doesn't always have the attention span to carry on a sustained conversation
Sutter Buttes Bike Poker Run & Wine Tasting May 14thSutter, CA - Visit Yuba-Sutter will host the annual Sutter Buttes Bike Poker Run and Wine Tasting event on May 14, 2016.
Roseville's Greener Gardens Tour & DIY Expo Roseville, CA- Join hundreds of people for Roseville's Greener Gardens Tour and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Expo on Saturday, May 14th
Holly Heinzen reflects on a 31-year career in serviceAfter making it through her first day, wondering if she would even be able to make it up the hill and into the parking lot, Heinzen had found a place where she would spend the duration of her career
Autism: Pool and Water Safety TipsRoseville, CA- April is National Autism Awareness month. Drowning is a leading cause of death for children and adults who have Autism.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in AuburnAuburn -The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) and the City of Auburn will host a ribbon cutting celebration to recognize the installation of two new electric vehicle
Rocklin Flash Crime Report (4.27.16)Rocklin, CA- Rocklin Police crime report digest summary for the period of April 18- 24, 2016.
Roseville Flash Crime Report (4.27.16)The Roseville Police flash crime report digest update and activity log for April 25, 2016.
WJU to Host National History Day in MayRocklin, CA - On May 6-7 the William Jessup University (WJU) campus will literally come alive with history when they host National History Day
Blind Friend Caught in the WebMy friend, who I'll call Tony (a pseudonym), age 35, said he had been able as a child to see shapes and colors, but now could sense only light
NEWS: In Case You Missed It