New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Placer County News HeadlinesSeniors First's Cafés Nourish Bodies and SpiritsDuring a rainy winter, when inclement weather can preclude a trip to the store or local food closet, it's important to remind the elderly and their families that there are local options available
Business Executive Fighting Lou Gehrig's DiseaseAbout five years ago, Todd Neva, now of Hancock, Michigan, began having trouble lifting his daughter from her carseat. Over time,
$226,278 Raised in Dutch Bros. Buck for Kids DayOn Friday, Dec. 5, Dutch Bros. Coffee and customers banded together to raise $226,278 for children on the company's annual Buck for Kids Day.
Roseville 5th Graders Provide Inspiration to PatientsEach month, fifth-grade students from Stoneridge Elementary School's Leadership Club visit Sutter Rehabilitation Institute (SRI) in Roseville to visit patients.
Rocklin Unified's Beleaguered Special Ed Program Seeks ChangeThe Rocklin Unified School District has contracted with WestED to perform a study on its beleaguered Special Education department.
Roseville Charity Hearts that Care Partners with Placer SIUOn December 17th, 2014, The Placer County Special Investigation Unit (SIU), a Placer County Law Enforcement Task Force comprised of State and local Placer County law enforcement
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (12.19.14)Crime report digest update for Roseville California, December 19, 2014
Food for 400,000 Meals Raised for Placer Food BankThunder Valley Casino Resort and Whitney Oaks Golf Club have collected over 50,000 pounds of food for Placer Food Bank food drive.
Rocklin Man Victim of Elder Abuse and ID TheftLaura Kirkwood, 23 years old of Sacramento, was arrested and booked at the Placer County Jail on suspicion of elder abuse and ID theft of a 74 year old Rocklin man.
Shocking Find in Colfax Storage Unit: Human RemainsA woman called the Placer County Sheriff's Office to report a foul odor coming from an abandoned storage unit that she had just purchased through an auction
Napa Valley's New Year's Eve Bash in CalistogaCome celebrate the New Year with the return of Celebrate! Napa Valley's New Year's Eve Bash on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10 p.m. in Calistoga, Calif.
Murders by Guns Continue Declining, Suicides On RiseWhile the overall death rate from firearm violence has remained unchanged for more than a decade, the patterns for suicide and homicide have changed dramatically
NEWS: In Case You Missed It