New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesSheri Del Torchio Joins Community 1st BankCommunity 1st Bank announced today that Sheri Del Torchio has been named Assistant Vice President, Credit Analyst. She has 12 years of experience in multiple roles in banking within the Sacramento region.
Roseville Fire Departments Toys for Tots Support The Roseville Fire Department's annual toy drive to benefit the U.S. Marines' Toys for Tots program has begun and continues through December.
Suspect ID Sought in Granite Bay BurglaryPlacer County Sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a possible Granite Bay burglary suspect.
Rocklin Fire Truck Santa Rides AgainOnce again this year Santa Claus has requested the assistance of the Rocklin firefighters in escorting him through the local non-gated neighborhoods of Rocklin to visit children of all ages
Forgiven Debt Tax RefundsSacramento Realtor and short sale expert, Julie Jalone, explains the new IRS guidance regarding forgiven debt in California and how some tax payers may be able to amend their 2011 or 2012 tax returns if they paid tax on cancelled debt.
Orchard Days in Placer CountyMountain Mandarin Growers Association hosts Mountain Mandarin Orchard Days December 7, 8, 21 and 22 to give the public a chance to visit the orchards and appreciate all of the delicious bounty of mandarin season.
Holiday Show and Sale in RocklinThe Ridley Gallery at Sierra College Rocklin Campus kicks off its fifteenth Annual Holiday Show and Sale today at 11:00am.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (12-3-13)The Roseville Police Department's weekly crime report digest for December 2, 2013.