New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesStem Cell Grants for Spina Bifida and Diabetic Wound TreatmentsThe state stem cell agency, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), awarded a pair of grants totaling more than $7 million to UC Davis School of Medicine
Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 6)Part 6 in our series on the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California.
$11.5 Billion Backlog at National ParksThe National Park Service recently released its fiscal year deferred maintenance statistics for national parks
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (3.30.15)The Roseville Police Department's crime report digest update
Nelson Earned PhD Despite Three Disabilities"I grew up in a time when no one understood ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)," said 53-year-old Eric Nelson of Sacramento, California, in a telephone interview.
Kia Sedona Minivan Delivers More in Redesigned VersionKia redesigned its minivan and didn't hesitate to make some significant changes. Borrowing a time-honored line when it comes to remodeling, the 2015 Kia Sedona arrived new and improved.
U2 Tour 2015: Tickets Selling QuicklyU2 will return to the stage on May 14 north of the border at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia to kick off their 2015 Innocence + Experience World Tour
Sierra College CACT Partnership Wins AwardSierra College, the California Conservation Corps and Golden Sierra Job Training Agency were recognized by the Placer County Economic Development Board
David Boesch Honored at North Lake Tahoe Awards DinnerPlacer County Executive Officer David Boesch was presented the Public Servant of the Year Award at the North Lake Tahoe 61st Annual Community Awards
Garth Brooks Tickets: Six Nights in SacramentoSaddle up cowboys and cowgirls! Garth Brooks will be making the first California appearance on his current world tour
Vacation Deals: On Tight BudgetsLet's face it, we all love our vacation time. A time to break off from everyday routines, ditch a portion of the responsibility we call life and enjoy doing what we love
Joyce and Jim Raley Teel & Joseph Gallo HonoredMore than 700 guests came out to honor Joyce and Jim Raley Teel, Raley's Family of Fine Stores and Joseph E. Gallo at their induction into the California Grocers Association Educational
NEWS: In Case You Missed It