New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway