New California Laws for 2013 (Part 8)
Part 8 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 8
- AB 1487 - State government, state funds.
- AB 1488 - State Department of State Hospitals.
- AB 1489 - Budget. Public health, Medi-Cal, nursing facilities.
- AB 1492 - California timber industry. Protects thousands of jobs by eliminating regulatory fees on California companies.
- AB 1494 - Budget. Healthy Families Program, Medi-Cal, program transition, expansion.
- AB 1496 - Budget. Criminal justice realignment.
- AB 1497 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012.
- AB 1498 - Department of Technology, state contracts, information technology goods & services acquisition.
- AB 1499 - Budget. Elections, ballot order for statewide measures.
- AB 1502 - Budget. Budget Act of 2012, augmentation.
- AB 1505 - Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans' benefits, reinstatement.
- AB 1508 - Junk dealers and recyclers, nonferrous materials.
- AB 1509 - Political Reform Act of 1974, statement of economic interests.
- AB 1511 - Real property, disclosures, transmission pipelines.
- AB 1517 - Public contracts, information technology goods and services.
- AB 1518 - Weighmasters, automated weighing systems.
- AB 1519 - County employee retirement boards.
- AB 1521 - Standardized Testing and Reporting Program, academic achievement, assessment instrument.
- AB 1522 - Family law, monetary awards.
- AB 1524 - Commercial air carriers, hot air balloons.
- AB 1525 - Elder or dependent adult financial abuse, money transmission agents, training materials.
- AB 1526 - California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program.
- AB 1527 - Firearms. Long gun open carry ban. Prohibits open carry of unloaded long guns, such as rifles and shotguns, in public places.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesHyundai Azera: A sleeper among large sedansThe Hyundai Azera may soon rise to the level of its in-house competitors thanks to a new design and some notable upgrades
Leadership Rocklin Program Returns in SeptemberRobin McConnell-Trimble, CEO of the Rocklin Area Chamber of Commerce, recently announced that the Chamber will once again host Leadership Rocklin
4 Firefighters Injured Battling Lowell FireFour firefighters suffered burn injuries while battling the Lowell Fire. 1,800 structures in Placer & Nevada Counties threatened.
Roseville Gas Prices: Find the Best DealsRoseville, CA- Roseville gas prices remained mostly flat this past week with prices hovering above $3 gallon at a few locations
Californian with Autism Struggles to Fit InHers was one tough way to discover a disability.
Grateful Dog Rescue Run/Walk in Rocklin this AugustThe second annual Grateful Dog Rescue Run/Walk will take place Sunday, Aug. 30 at Johnson-Springview Park in Rocklin
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (7-24-15)Rocklin, CA- Weekly crime report digest update for the City of Rocklin from July 13-19, 2015
Parent Frustrated By Years of MisdiagnosisPatricia Stroh has strong advice for parents of children with disabilities: "You know your child better than anyone. If you feel doctors are wrong
Serial Pharmacy Robbery Suspect SoughtThe man who may be responsible for committing five recent armed pharmacy robberies struck for the sixth time
Police: Suicidal Woman Shot and Killed after Wielding GunWhen responding to a call about a suicidal woman in Meadow Vista early this morning, a Placer County Sheriff's deputy was forced to shoot the woman when she drew a gun.
What First Time Buyers Need to KnowRoseville, CA - When the time is right for a starter home many buyers discover the amount they want to pay will not get them the home of their dreams.
Roseville Hosting Fastpitch Frenzy Softball TournamentRoseville's Maidu Park and Mahany Park will host the ASA/USA National Championship July 27 through August 2
NEWS: In Case You Missed It