New California Laws for 2013 (Part 9)
Part 9 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 9
- AB 1529 - Trial courts, restructuring and bail forfeiture.
- AB 1531 - State claims.
- AB 1532 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- AB 1533 - Medicine, trainees, international medical graduates.
- AB 1534 - Vehicles, dealers, used vehicle sales, labeling requirements.
- AB 1536 - Vehicles, electronic wireless communications, prohibitions.
- AB 1540 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, invasive weeds, South American spongeplant.
- AB 1548 - Practice of medicine, cosmetic surgery, employment of physicians and surgeons.
- AB 1550 - Vehicles, veterans' organizations license plates fees. Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans' license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 1551 - Housing.
- AB 1558 - Liability, flood control and water conservation facilities.
- AB 1559 - Firearms.
- AB 1565 - Public contracts, school districts, bidding requirements.
- AB 1566 - Aboveground storage tanks, enforcement.
- AB 1567 - Firefighting equipment, firefighting endorsement.
- AB 1569 - Community mental health services, assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB 1572 - Service authorities for freeway emergencies, San Diego County.
- AB 1573 - School attendance, residency requirements, foster children.
- AB 1575 - Pupil fees.
- AB 1578 - Indian Valley Watermaster District.
- AB 1580 - Health care, eligibility, enrollment.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer SPCA Microchip Clinic in Auburn May 25Roseville, CA - Placer SPCA is holding a Microchip Clinic on Saturday, May 25, at the Placer SPCA in Auburn, located at 1482 Grass Valley Highway.
Waiting for the AppraisalSacramento Realtor and short sale expert, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville. Writes about the how difficult it has been for appraisers to keep up with the rapidly increasing prices in the Sacramento area housing market.
Roseville Crime Report Update (5-22-13)The weekly crime report for Roseville, California for May 22, 2013.
Video: Congressman Tom McClintock Blasts IRS Congressman Tom McClintock today delivered the following remarks on the House floor discussing the IRS Scandal:
Alcohol Ban and Price Hikes for Memorial Day WeekendEntrance fees to Sacramento County Regional Parks will increase during the Memorial Day weekend. Regional Parks is implementing temporary
California Microstamp Law Applauded by Brady CampaignAfter years of countless delays, the cutting-edge 'Microstamping' law in California has recently gone into effect. The law requires all new semi-automatic handguns to come equipped
Auburn Plane Crash Victims IdentifiedThe victims in yesterday's plane crash in Auburn have been identified as pilot Bruce Albright Rhymes, 6-8-53, and Kathy Lorraine Rhymes, 2-3-55, husband and wife from Susanville.
Contract Talks with City of Roseville and Police Officers StallRoseville - The Roseville Police Officers' Association (RPOA), representing 103 sworn police officers whose job it is to protect the Roseville community, announced today that contract talks with the City have broken down.