New California Laws for 2013 (Part 9)
Part 9 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 9
- AB 1529 - Trial courts, restructuring and bail forfeiture.
- AB 1531 - State claims.
- AB 1532 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- AB 1533 - Medicine, trainees, international medical graduates.
- AB 1534 - Vehicles, dealers, used vehicle sales, labeling requirements.
- AB 1536 - Vehicles, electronic wireless communications, prohibitions.
- AB 1540 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, invasive weeds, South American spongeplant.
- AB 1548 - Practice of medicine, cosmetic surgery, employment of physicians and surgeons.
- AB 1550 - Vehicles, veterans' organizations license plates fees. Increases the fees required to issue, renew, and personalize specialized veterans' license plates to fund veterans' organizations.
- AB 1551 - Housing.
- AB 1558 - Liability, flood control and water conservation facilities.
- AB 1559 - Firearms.
- AB 1565 - Public contracts, school districts, bidding requirements.
- AB 1566 - Aboveground storage tanks, enforcement.
- AB 1567 - Firefighting equipment, firefighting endorsement.
- AB 1569 - Community mental health services, assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB 1572 - Service authorities for freeway emergencies, San Diego County.
- AB 1573 - School attendance, residency requirements, foster children.
- AB 1575 - Pupil fees.
- AB 1578 - Indian Valley Watermaster District.
- AB 1580 - Health care, eligibility, enrollment.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesSuspect ID Sought in Granite Bay BurglaryPlacer County Sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a possible Granite Bay burglary suspect.
Rocklin Fire Truck Santa Rides AgainOnce again this year Santa Claus has requested the assistance of the Rocklin firefighters in escorting him through the local non-gated neighborhoods of Rocklin to visit children of all ages
Forgiven Debt Tax RefundsSacramento Realtor and short sale expert, Julie Jalone, explains the new IRS guidance regarding forgiven debt in California and how some tax payers may be able to amend their 2011 or 2012 tax returns if they paid tax on cancelled debt.
Orchard Days in Placer CountyMountain Mandarin Growers Association hosts Mountain Mandarin Orchard Days December 7, 8, 21 and 22 to give the public a chance to visit the orchards and appreciate all of the delicious bounty of mandarin season.
Holiday Show and Sale in RocklinThe Ridley Gallery at Sierra College Rocklin Campus kicks off its fifteenth Annual Holiday Show and Sale today at 11:00am.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (12-3-13)The Roseville Police Department's weekly crime report digest for December 2, 2013.
Sophia's Heart Rocklin at Destiny Church(Rocklin, CA) -- Destiny Church of Rocklin is proud to announce the first recital performance of its new Sophia's Heart Rocklin: School of the Arts on Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Tips as Winter Weather ReturnsThe National Weather Service predicts a cold weather system with freezing overnight temperatures moving into the area this week