New California Laws for 2013 (Part 10)
Part 10 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes advertising, mortgages, state parks, hazardous waste and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 10
- AB 1581 - Advertising, business location representations, floral businesses.
- AB 1583 - Bulk merchandise pallets.
- AB 1585 - Community development.
- AB 1588 - Professions and vocations, reservist licensees, fees and continuing education.
- AB 1589 - State parks, sustainability and protection.
- AB 1593 - Parole, intimate partner battering.
- AB 1595 - Vehicles, recreational off-highway vehicles.
- AB 1598 - Public contracts, public works, installation.
- AB 1599 - Mortgages and deeds of trust, foreclosure.
- AB 1600 - Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority.
- AB 1606 - Local public employee organizations, impasse procedures.
- AB 1612 - Administrative practices.
- AB 1614 - Fort Ord Reuse Authority.
- AB 1616 - Food safety, cottage food operations. California Homemade Food Law.
- AB 1620 - Hazardous waste, contained gaseous material.
- AB 1621 - Physicians and surgeons, prostate cancer.
- AB 1623 - Weights and measures, inspection fees.
- AB 1624 - Multiple-party accounts.
- AB 1626 - Election materials, public examination, writ of mandate, elections official.
- AB 1631 - Arbitration, legal representation.
- AB 1640 - CalWORKs benefits, pregnant mothers.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesReliability remains Honda Accord calling cardHonda has historically produced a great vehicle in the Accord, which has been at or near the top of midsize class for many years.
Rocklin Artist Diane Bell at Rocklin History MuseumRocklin Artist Diane Bell at Rocklin History Museum to display several pieces of her work this weekend.
Bullers Went from Journalist to AdvocateLast week, I featured long-time journalist and disability advocate Finn Bullers of Kansas City, Kansas. I'm now featuring him again because of the breadth and depth of his accomplishments
50 Days of the Dead: Playing In The BandAn extended, psychedelic version of Playing In The Band from the show that would be filmed and released as Sunshine Daydream.
Roseville Proposes 16.5 Percent Rate Hike for WaterThe City of Roseville is holding two community meetings in March to update customers about proposed water and wastewater utility rate increases.
San Juan Water District Responds to CVP Federal Water AllocationsDrought Watch: We all know that California is facing an extraordinary drought. This morning's announcement of federal water allocations through the Central Valley Project is indicative
California Legislation to Refund Illegal TaxesBoard of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced today he is sponsoring legislation to extend common sense protections to taxpayers. Assembly Bill 867
Placer County Transit to Take Over Lincoln Bus ServicePlacer County Transit is scheduled to take over operations of the City of Lincoln's fixed-route bus service beginning July 1.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (2.26.15)The Roseville weekly crime report digest update for February 26, 2015.
Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off March 20th2015 Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off will be held on Friday, March 20, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Maidu Community Center in Roseville
50 Days of the Dead: BerthaGrateful Dead play an acclaimed show across from the Big Apple in Jersey City, NJ. This version of Bertha captured on August 6, 1974
Ecological Benefits of Large, Intense Wildland FiresAs the California drought continues, with the severity deemed extreme or exceptional, we are all bracing for an early and intense fire season
NEWS: In Case You Missed It