New California Laws for 2013 (Part 10)
Part 10 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes advertising, mortgages, state parks, hazardous waste and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 10
- AB 1581 - Advertising, business location representations, floral businesses.
- AB 1583 - Bulk merchandise pallets.
- AB 1585 - Community development.
- AB 1588 - Professions and vocations, reservist licensees, fees and continuing education.
- AB 1589 - State parks, sustainability and protection.
- AB 1593 - Parole, intimate partner battering.
- AB 1595 - Vehicles, recreational off-highway vehicles.
- AB 1598 - Public contracts, public works, installation.
- AB 1599 - Mortgages and deeds of trust, foreclosure.
- AB 1600 - Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority.
- AB 1606 - Local public employee organizations, impasse procedures.
- AB 1612 - Administrative practices.
- AB 1614 - Fort Ord Reuse Authority.
- AB 1616 - Food safety, cottage food operations. California Homemade Food Law.
- AB 1620 - Hazardous waste, contained gaseous material.
- AB 1621 - Physicians and surgeons, prostate cancer.
- AB 1623 - Weights and measures, inspection fees.
- AB 1624 - Multiple-party accounts.
- AB 1626 - Election materials, public examination, writ of mandate, elections official.
- AB 1631 - Arbitration, legal representation.
- AB 1640 - CalWORKs benefits, pregnant mothers.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesCalifornia Fire Updates Summary (8-29-15)California Fire Updates 2015: Although 6,300 firefighters remain on the lines battling 13 active wildfires, crews made significant progress over the past couple of days.
Retired Navy Captain Assists Returning VetsTom Mayhew was only 6 when he watched his father march his mother down the hall of their El Paso, Texas, home with a rifle pointed at her back.
Toyota Highlander continues to shine as midsize SUVOne of the most highly-rated midsize sport utility vehicles is the Toyota Highlander, a sensible, well designed crossover.
WJU Gala to Honor Four Esteemed AlumniROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University will honor four esteemed alumni who are excelling in their respective fields of endeavor at its annual Jessup Gala
California Fire Update Summary (8-28-15)California Fire Updates 2015: A Red Flag Warning has been issued for Saturday from the Lake Tahoe region south through Mono County for high winds, increasing fire danger
Hacker Lab Jumpstarts Pursuit of Virtual RealityROCKLIN, CA--When three Sierra College students attended the July 24 Virtual Reality meet-up at Hacker Lab in Rocklin, they had no idea it would put them on the fast track
Sierra College Patrons to Meet September 8thRocklin, CA - The Patrons, a volunteer support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invite the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (8.28.15)Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report update digest summary for Roseville, August 28, 2015.
California Water Use Drops over 31 Percent in JulyDrought Watch: Despite continued hot conditions, Californians surpassed June's conservation rate and reduced water use by 31.3 percent during July, exceeding Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.'s 25 percent
California Fire Update Summary (8-27-15)California Fire Updates 2015:Over 9,000 firefighters are battling 16 active wildfires across California. Warmer weather over the past couple of days has hampered containment efforts
Roseville Optometry Business BurglarizedRoseville Police asking for the public's help identifying the two people in these surveillance pictures.
Teacher Arrested for Child Pornography DistributionA Nevada County teacher was arrested for distribution of child pornography. Ethan Lewis, 32, was booked into the Nevada County Jail after turning himself in.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It