New California Laws for 2013 (Part 10)
Part 10 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes advertising, mortgages, state parks, hazardous waste and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 10
- AB 1581 - Advertising, business location representations, floral businesses.
- AB 1583 - Bulk merchandise pallets.
- AB 1585 - Community development.
- AB 1588 - Professions and vocations, reservist licensees, fees and continuing education.
- AB 1589 - State parks, sustainability and protection.
- AB 1593 - Parole, intimate partner battering.
- AB 1595 - Vehicles, recreational off-highway vehicles.
- AB 1598 - Public contracts, public works, installation.
- AB 1599 - Mortgages and deeds of trust, foreclosure.
- AB 1600 - Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority.
- AB 1606 - Local public employee organizations, impasse procedures.
- AB 1612 - Administrative practices.
- AB 1614 - Fort Ord Reuse Authority.
- AB 1616 - Food safety, cottage food operations. California Homemade Food Law.
- AB 1620 - Hazardous waste, contained gaseous material.
- AB 1621 - Physicians and surgeons, prostate cancer.
- AB 1623 - Weights and measures, inspection fees.
- AB 1624 - Multiple-party accounts.
- AB 1626 - Election materials, public examination, writ of mandate, elections official.
- AB 1631 - Arbitration, legal representation.
- AB 1640 - CalWORKs benefits, pregnant mothers.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesStem Cell Grants for Spina Bifida and Diabetic Wound TreatmentsThe state stem cell agency, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), awarded a pair of grants totaling more than $7 million to UC Davis School of Medicine
Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 6)Part 6 in our series on the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California.
$11.5 Billion Backlog at National ParksThe National Park Service recently released its fiscal year deferred maintenance statistics for national parks
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (3.30.15)The Roseville Police Department's crime report digest update
Nelson Earned PhD Despite Three Disabilities"I grew up in a time when no one understood ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)," said 53-year-old Eric Nelson of Sacramento, California, in a telephone interview.
Kia Sedona Minivan Delivers More in Redesigned VersionKia redesigned its minivan and didn't hesitate to make some significant changes. Borrowing a time-honored line when it comes to remodeling, the 2015 Kia Sedona arrived new and improved.
U2 Tour 2015: Tickets Selling QuicklyU2 will return to the stage on May 14 north of the border at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia to kick off their 2015 Innocence + Experience World Tour
Sierra College CACT Partnership Wins AwardSierra College, the California Conservation Corps and Golden Sierra Job Training Agency were recognized by the Placer County Economic Development Board
David Boesch Honored at North Lake Tahoe Awards DinnerPlacer County Executive Officer David Boesch was presented the Public Servant of the Year Award at the North Lake Tahoe 61st Annual Community Awards
Garth Brooks Tickets: Six Nights in SacramentoSaddle up cowboys and cowgirls! Garth Brooks will be making the first California appearance on his current world tour
Vacation Deals: On Tight BudgetsLet's face it, we all love our vacation time. A time to break off from everyday routines, ditch a portion of the responsibility we call life and enjoy doing what we love
Joyce and Jim Raley Teel & Joseph Gallo HonoredMore than 700 guests came out to honor Joyce and Jim Raley Teel, Raley's Family of Fine Stores and Joseph E. Gallo at their induction into the California Grocers Association Educational
NEWS: In Case You Missed It