New California Laws for 2013 (Part 10)
Part 10 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes advertising, mortgages, state parks, hazardous waste and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 10
- AB 1581 - Advertising, business location representations, floral businesses.
- AB 1583 - Bulk merchandise pallets.
- AB 1585 - Community development.
- AB 1588 - Professions and vocations, reservist licensees, fees and continuing education.
- AB 1589 - State parks, sustainability and protection.
- AB 1593 - Parole, intimate partner battering.
- AB 1595 - Vehicles, recreational off-highway vehicles.
- AB 1598 - Public contracts, public works, installation.
- AB 1599 - Mortgages and deeds of trust, foreclosure.
- AB 1600 - Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority.
- AB 1606 - Local public employee organizations, impasse procedures.
- AB 1612 - Administrative practices.
- AB 1614 - Fort Ord Reuse Authority.
- AB 1616 - Food safety, cottage food operations. California Homemade Food Law.
- AB 1620 - Hazardous waste, contained gaseous material.
- AB 1621 - Physicians and surgeons, prostate cancer.
- AB 1623 - Weights and measures, inspection fees.
- AB 1624 - Multiple-party accounts.
- AB 1626 - Election materials, public examination, writ of mandate, elections official.
- AB 1631 - Arbitration, legal representation.
- AB 1640 - CalWORKs benefits, pregnant mothers.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Placer County News HeadlinesSeniors First's Cafés Nourish Bodies and SpiritsDuring a rainy winter, when inclement weather can preclude a trip to the store or local food closet, it's important to remind the elderly and their families that there are local options available
Business Executive Fighting Lou Gehrig's DiseaseAbout five years ago, Todd Neva, now of Hancock, Michigan, began having trouble lifting his daughter from her carseat. Over time,
$226,278 Raised in Dutch Bros. Buck for Kids DayOn Friday, Dec. 5, Dutch Bros. Coffee and customers banded together to raise $226,278 for children on the company's annual Buck for Kids Day.
Roseville 5th Graders Provide Inspiration to PatientsEach month, fifth-grade students from Stoneridge Elementary School's Leadership Club visit Sutter Rehabilitation Institute (SRI) in Roseville to visit patients.
Rocklin Unified's Beleaguered Special Ed Program Seeks ChangeThe Rocklin Unified School District has contracted with WestED to perform a study on its beleaguered Special Education department.
Roseville Charity Hearts that Care Partners with Placer SIUOn December 17th, 2014, The Placer County Special Investigation Unit (SIU), a Placer County Law Enforcement Task Force comprised of State and local Placer County law enforcement
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (12.19.14)Crime report digest update for Roseville California, December 19, 2014
Food for 400,000 Meals Raised for Placer Food BankThunder Valley Casino Resort and Whitney Oaks Golf Club have collected over 50,000 pounds of food for Placer Food Bank food drive.
Rocklin Man Victim of Elder Abuse and ID TheftLaura Kirkwood, 23 years old of Sacramento, was arrested and booked at the Placer County Jail on suspicion of elder abuse and ID theft of a 74 year old Rocklin man.
Shocking Find in Colfax Storage Unit: Human RemainsA woman called the Placer County Sheriff's Office to report a foul odor coming from an abandoned storage unit that she had just purchased through an auction
Napa Valley's New Year's Eve Bash in CalistogaCome celebrate the New Year with the return of Celebrate! Napa Valley's New Year's Eve Bash on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10 p.m. in Calistoga, Calif.
Murders by Guns Continue Declining, Suicides On RiseWhile the overall death rate from firearm violence has remained unchanged for more than a decade, the patterns for suicide and homicide have changed dramatically
NEWS: In Case You Missed It