New California Laws for 2013 (Part 10)
Part 10 in a series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes advertising, mortgages, state parks, hazardous waste and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 10
- AB 1581 - Advertising, business location representations, floral businesses.
- AB 1583 - Bulk merchandise pallets.
- AB 1585 - Community development.
- AB 1588 - Professions and vocations, reservist licensees, fees and continuing education.
- AB 1589 - State parks, sustainability and protection.
- AB 1593 - Parole, intimate partner battering.
- AB 1595 - Vehicles, recreational off-highway vehicles.
- AB 1598 - Public contracts, public works, installation.
- AB 1599 - Mortgages and deeds of trust, foreclosure.
- AB 1600 - Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority.
- AB 1606 - Local public employee organizations, impasse procedures.
- AB 1612 - Administrative practices.
- AB 1614 - Fort Ord Reuse Authority.
- AB 1616 - Food safety, cottage food operations. California Homemade Food Law.
- AB 1620 - Hazardous waste, contained gaseous material.
- AB 1621 - Physicians and surgeons, prostate cancer.
- AB 1623 - Weights and measures, inspection fees.
- AB 1624 - Multiple-party accounts.
- AB 1626 - Election materials, public examination, writ of mandate, elections official.
- AB 1631 - Arbitration, legal representation.
- AB 1640 - CalWORKs benefits, pregnant mothers.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesSierra College soccer dominates Big 8 post-season awardsThe Sierra College soccer team's season ended too soon for newly anointed Big 8 Conference Coach of the Year Jason Gantt, but that didn't stop his players from dominating the conference,
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (12-12-13)The Rocklin Police Department weekly crime report digest for the period of December 3 - December 9, 2013.
Roseville Retirement Community Top- Rated Pick by Senior HomesMistywood, an independent retirement community, recently was named by SeniorHomes.com as a top-rated community in its "Best Senior Living Awards" in the Sacramento--Arden-Arcade--Roseville metropolitan area.
Placer County Volunteer Firefighter Equipment Funds ApprovedThe Placer County Board of Supervisors recently approved funding to purchase equipment for use by Placer County volunteer firefighters.
New California Laws for 2013 (Part 37)Part 37 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes domestic violence, medical information disclosure, insurance, Asian rice noodles, community colleges, and more.
Colfax Pair Jailed on Torture and Kidnapping ChargesDonald Scott Bell, 46, and Robin R. Brawley, 23, were booked at the Placer County Jail on multiple charges, including torture, kidnapping, penetration with a foreign object, false imprisonment, burglary, robbery, criminal threats, assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy.
Rocklin City Council Elects New MayorScott Yuill was elected Mayor at the December 10 council meeting, and George Magnuson was elected Vice Mayor.
Housing Market Losing SteamSacramento Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about how consumer caution could spell danger for the housing market.