Five reasons not to wait to sell your home
If you are waiting until spring to sell your home, here are five reasons you may want to consider listing now.
1. Supply is Low: Inventory of homes on the market is very low in the Sacramento area. In Sacramento, Placer and El Dorado counties we have gone from 4,984 homes available in December 2011 to only 2,282. This drop and the trend continues to indicate inventory will shrink more. A year ago, homes were selling on average for 93 percent of the asking price. Last month, sales were averaging 98 percent of the asking price and many were going over the asking price. Listing now and selling before the spring selling season may improve your chance of selling quickly.
2. Demand is High: Homes are selling much faster than any time since 2006. In the past year alone the number of days on the market for Sacramento area homes has gone from 91 to 48 days, a drop of 47.3 percent. A year ago, homes were selling on average for 93 percent of the asking price. Last month, sales were averaging 98 percent of the asking price and many were going over the asking price. Investors and returning homebuyers are completing with first time buyers creating a high demand for homes. Selling now when the inventory is low and demand is growing may get you a better price.
3. Interest Rates are Rising: The low interest rates we have been enjoying for the past few years will not stay low forever. The Mortgage Broker Association and others are projecting interest rates will increase by a full percentage point by year end. This means if you need to use a mortgage to buy your next home, costs will be higher the longer you wait.
4. New Construction is Increasing: Over the past few years sellers have not had to compete with new construction but this is changing fast. For the same reasons as above builders are seeing demand higher than supply so are starting to return to building new homes. At Sun City in Roseville, you have to enter a lottery to get the chance to buy a new home. Listing now rather than waiting may reduce the competition.
5. Sales Process is Faster: The businesses supporting the housing market have not grown as fast as the marketplace. Appraisers, inspectors, lenders, and others are stretched thin and as the market heats up this spring they will be hard pressed to meet timelines for service. We have seen costs increase by late appraisals and lenders with back room processes which take much longer than expected to approve and fund loans. Selling before the rush may make the sale process faster and easier.
What Realtor does not say "now is the best time to sell," but the above are five good reasons why you should not wait.
If you or someone you know is considering selling a home, even one “underwater,” and have questions, please let me know. I can be reached at the MagnumOne Realty office in Roseville (916-899-6571) or by sending an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Realtor Julie Jalone
Julie Jalone, wife and mother living in Rocklin, is an experienced professional Realtor ® serving
the Greater Sacramento area including Placer, El Dorado, Yolo and Yuba counties.
Julie may be reached online at www.jalone.com or by calling (916) 276-6883
Check out her daily web blog: Keep it Real in Sacramento
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesReal Estate Watch: Home Seller's Market Roseville, CA - Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, is asking why more homeowners are not taking advantage the current seller's market being caused by high buyer demand and low inventory of home for sale.
Donut Dash returns to William Land Park UC Davis Children's Hospital patients and their families will be racing around the pediatrics unit, with a brief stop for doughnut holes, in celebration of Donut Dash
Top 5 Healthy Heart Habits : A Dose of Vitamin Ray with Dr. RayDid you know, heart disease is still the leading cause of death in both men and women in the United States? In fact, per The American Heart Association
Autism Studies: Placenta Provides Time Capsule(Sacramento, Calif) - In two recent studies, researchers at UC Davis have shown that placental tissue can provide critical information about the epigenetic
Winners of American History Essay Contest honored in RosevilleRoseville, CA - Congratulations to winners of the American History Essay contest sponsored by Roseville's Gold Trail Chapter
Placer SPCA Announces 2017 Board of DirectorsRoseville, CA - The Placer SPCA has announced the election of its 2017 Officers for the Board of Directors.
Hyundai Veloster: Unconventional compact hatchbackRoseville, CA- The first thing one notices about the Hyundai Veloster is the odd door arrangement. It's an ingenious idea, putting two doors on the passenger side of this compact hatchback
Tickets Now Available for Flavor! Napa ValleyNapa, CA - Individual tickets for Flavor! Napa Valley, March 22 - 26, 2017, which supports programs and scholarships at The Culinary Institute of America's (CIA) Greystone Campus
New California Laws 2017 (Part 19)Roseville, CA - 100 New California laws for 2017. Part 19 includes public records, civil actions, auctions, child abuse, education finance, employees time off, recycling, medical marijuana and more
Wild Bill's 16th Annual Tattoo-a-thon Benefit in RosevilleWild Bill's 16th annual Tattoo-a-thon will take place on Saturday, Feb. 25, from 8 a.m. to midnight. Thirty tattoo artists have volunteered to work 16 hours
Roseville to host Battle of the Roses Roseville, CA - The Battle of the Roses comes to the Placer County Fairgrounds on Saturday, Feb. 25
10 Cheapest Gas Stations in RosevilleRoseville, CA- Going Up. That sentiment appears to be more of what Roseville residents can expect as gas prices are projected to push higher heading into the spring season
NEWS: In Case You Missed It