New California Laws for 2013 (Part 11)
Part 11 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 11
- AB 1642 - County recorder, recordation of documents.
- AB 1643 - Public officers, County of Sacramento.
- AB 1647 - Solid waste, waste tires, enforcement.
- AB 1650 - Public utilities, emergency and disaster preparedness.
- AB 1652 - California American Portuguese Veterans Memorial.
- AB 1654 - Public employment, disqualification from employment.
- AB 1656 - San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- AB 1658 - Vehicles, specialized license plates.
- AB 1660 - Representation of minors, permits. Establishes a system to prevent registered sex offenders from representing minors who are performing or seeking to perform in the entertainment industry.
- AB 1662 - County boards of education, members.
- AB 1663 - Pupil instruction, California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science.
- AB 1665 - California Environmental Quality Act, exemption, railroad crossings.
- AB 1668 - School accountability, academic performance, dropout recovery high schools.
- AB 1670 - Estates, administration.
- AB 1672 - Housing-Related Parks Program.
- AB 1674 - Child custody, visitation.
- AB 1675 - Farm labor contractors, licenses, civil penalty.
- AB 1677 - Corporation taxes, filing requirements, tax-exempt organizations.
- AB 1679 - Landlord-tenant relations, security deposits.
- AB 1680 - Dissenting shareholders' rights.
- AB 1683 - Revocable trusts.
- AB 1694 - Gas pipeline safety inspections.
- AB 1699 - Affordable housing.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesCalifornia Statewide Fire Summary Over the weekend the state's fire activity increased significantly. The drought dry conditions coupled with high temperatures and low humidity allowed several new large wildfires to grow quickly
Sierra Stories at Rocklin CampusLocal Author Gary Noy to Present 'Sierra Stories' Rocklin Campus, September 19 at 7:30 pm
Multiple Sclerosis: Sleep Disorders Widely Undiagnosed In what may be the largest study of sleep problems among individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS), researchers at UC Davis have found that widely undiagnosed sleep disorders
Hoy for the Hall of FameI guess every year you'll just have to get used to reading about William Elsworth "Dummy" Hoy, a deaf professional baseball player from 1888-1902
Placer County Fairgrounds: In a State of FluxRoseville, CA -- After a detailed presentation and lively discussion among the Supervisors, staff and the public, the Placer County Board of Supervisors this week directed Facility Services staff to
Suspect Sought in Granite Bay Bank RobberyPlacer County sheriff's detectives are asking the public's help in identifying the suspect who robbed a Granite Bay bank on the morning of September 12, 2014.
Placer County's Annual Recover Happens September 20thPlacer County's 14th annual Recover Happens celebration, a community event open to all, will take place this year in Auburn's Recreation Park, 123 Recreation Dr., near Old Town
Placer County's Criminal Justice System: A Master PlanPlacer County staff recently presented the Board of Supervisors with an update on the Criminal Justice Master Plan.
Acorn Harvesters Needed: Do You Have What It Takes?The Sacramento Tree Foundation is recruiting acorn Harvesters for the fall 2014 Acorn Harvest. Training to be held in Rocklin.
Roseville to Host USA BMX State FinalsRoseville, CA - The USA BMX Northern California State Finals are coming to Oak Creek BMX again for 2014.
Placer County's $798 Million Budget Gets Supervisors ApprovalAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved the county's final 2014-15 budget, giving the OK to the $798 million spending plan.
Thunder Valley Donating Paper to Local SchoolsThunder Valley Casino Resort will deliver over 800 reams of office paper to the Western Placer Unified School District on Wednesday, September 10.