New California Laws for 2013 (Part 11)
Part 11 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 11
- AB 1642 - County recorder, recordation of documents.
- AB 1643 - Public officers, County of Sacramento.
- AB 1647 - Solid waste, waste tires, enforcement.
- AB 1650 - Public utilities, emergency and disaster preparedness.
- AB 1652 - California American Portuguese Veterans Memorial.
- AB 1654 - Public employment, disqualification from employment.
- AB 1656 - San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- AB 1658 - Vehicles, specialized license plates.
- AB 1660 - Representation of minors, permits. Establishes a system to prevent registered sex offenders from representing minors who are performing or seeking to perform in the entertainment industry.
- AB 1662 - County boards of education, members.
- AB 1663 - Pupil instruction, California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science.
- AB 1665 - California Environmental Quality Act, exemption, railroad crossings.
- AB 1668 - School accountability, academic performance, dropout recovery high schools.
- AB 1670 - Estates, administration.
- AB 1672 - Housing-Related Parks Program.
- AB 1674 - Child custody, visitation.
- AB 1675 - Farm labor contractors, licenses, civil penalty.
- AB 1677 - Corporation taxes, filing requirements, tax-exempt organizations.
- AB 1679 - Landlord-tenant relations, security deposits.
- AB 1680 - Dissenting shareholders' rights.
- AB 1683 - Revocable trusts.
- AB 1694 - Gas pipeline safety inspections.
- AB 1699 - Affordable housing.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesNelson Earned PhD Despite Three Disabilities"I grew up in a time when no one understood ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)," said 53-year-old Eric Nelson of Sacramento, California, in a telephone interview.
Kia Sedona Minivan Delivers More in Redesigned VersionKia redesigned its minivan and didn't hesitate to make some significant changes. Borrowing a time-honored line when it comes to remodeling, the 2015 Kia Sedona arrived new and improved.
U2 Tour 2015: Tickets Selling QuicklyU2 will return to the stage on May 14 north of the border at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia to kick off their 2015 Innocence + Experience World Tour
Sierra College CACT Partnership Wins AwardSierra College, the California Conservation Corps and Golden Sierra Job Training Agency were recognized by the Placer County Economic Development Board
David Boesch Honored at North Lake Tahoe Awards DinnerPlacer County Executive Officer David Boesch was presented the Public Servant of the Year Award at the North Lake Tahoe 61st Annual Community Awards
Garth Brooks Tickets: Six Nights in SacramentoSaddle up cowboys and cowgirls! Garth Brooks will be making the first California appearance on his current world tour
Vacation Deals: On Tight BudgetsLet's face it, we all love our vacation time. A time to break off from everyday routines, ditch a portion of the responsibility we call life and enjoy doing what we love
Joyce and Jim Raley Teel & Joseph Gallo HonoredMore than 700 guests came out to honor Joyce and Jim Raley Teel, Raley's Family of Fine Stores and Joseph E. Gallo at their induction into the California Grocers Association Educational
Roseville Solar City Location Looks to Fill 300 JobsSolarCity , one of the nation's leading solar providers, announced its move into a vast new Roseville, California office to accommodate its growing local staff.
Republicans Start Swinging in Auburn Golf BattleAuburn, CA- The temperature are rising and Republicans will be heating it up in Auburn at the 4th Annual Placer County Republican Golf Tournament
Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 5)Part 5 in the countdown to #1 to the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California
Jessica's Law Enforcement Changes Prompt ResponseJessica's Law authors George and Sharon Runner today responded to a decision by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to stop enforcing Jessica's Law residency
NEWS: In Case You Missed It