New California Laws for 2013 (Part 11)
Part 11 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 11
- AB 1642 - County recorder, recordation of documents.
- AB 1643 - Public officers, County of Sacramento.
- AB 1647 - Solid waste, waste tires, enforcement.
- AB 1650 - Public utilities, emergency and disaster preparedness.
- AB 1652 - California American Portuguese Veterans Memorial.
- AB 1654 - Public employment, disqualification from employment.
- AB 1656 - San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- AB 1658 - Vehicles, specialized license plates.
- AB 1660 - Representation of minors, permits. Establishes a system to prevent registered sex offenders from representing minors who are performing or seeking to perform in the entertainment industry.
- AB 1662 - County boards of education, members.
- AB 1663 - Pupil instruction, California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science.
- AB 1665 - California Environmental Quality Act, exemption, railroad crossings.
- AB 1668 - School accountability, academic performance, dropout recovery high schools.
- AB 1670 - Estates, administration.
- AB 1672 - Housing-Related Parks Program.
- AB 1674 - Child custody, visitation.
- AB 1675 - Farm labor contractors, licenses, civil penalty.
- AB 1677 - Corporation taxes, filing requirements, tax-exempt organizations.
- AB 1679 - Landlord-tenant relations, security deposits.
- AB 1680 - Dissenting shareholders' rights.
- AB 1683 - Revocable trusts.
- AB 1694 - Gas pipeline safety inspections.
- AB 1699 - Affordable housing.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesAll-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsOver 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
Reward Offered in Khaki Bandit CaseSACRAMENTO- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of an armed and dangerous individual
Joey Travolta to Speak at MIND Institute(Sacramento, Calif.)-The UC Davis MIND Institute will host Joey Travolta on Wednesday, Dec. 13 as part of the ongoing Distinguished Lecturer Series. Travolta, owner of Inclusion Films
Medieval Armored Combat in Roseville @ the GroundsRoseville, CA - On Dec. 9-10 the newly renovated barn @the Grounds will showcase real knights in real battles in true medieval fashion for the Armored Combat League
Placer County Property Taxes Due ReminderAuburn, CA, - Placer County Treasurer-Tax Collector Jenine Windeshausen reminds property owners that the first installment of their annual property taxes for the 2017-18 tax year
Folsom Zoo Wild Nights and Holiday LightsFolsom, CA,- Many hours of hands-on work by local families, businesses, community groups and city staff go into installing the lights, decorations and displays for the Folsom Zoo
NEWS: In Case You Missed It