New California Laws for 2013 (Part 11)
Part 11 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
We invite your feedback to let us know what you think of this series.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 11
- AB 1642 - County recorder, recordation of documents.
- AB 1643 - Public officers, County of Sacramento.
- AB 1647 - Solid waste, waste tires, enforcement.
- AB 1650 - Public utilities, emergency and disaster preparedness.
- AB 1652 - California American Portuguese Veterans Memorial.
- AB 1654 - Public employment, disqualification from employment.
- AB 1656 - San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- AB 1658 - Vehicles, specialized license plates.
- AB 1660 - Representation of minors, permits. Establishes a system to prevent registered sex offenders from representing minors who are performing or seeking to perform in the entertainment industry.
- AB 1662 - County boards of education, members.
- AB 1663 - Pupil instruction, California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science.
- AB 1665 - California Environmental Quality Act, exemption, railroad crossings.
- AB 1668 - School accountability, academic performance, dropout recovery high schools.
- AB 1670 - Estates, administration.
- AB 1672 - Housing-Related Parks Program.
- AB 1674 - Child custody, visitation.
- AB 1675 - Farm labor contractors, licenses, civil penalty.
- AB 1677 - Corporation taxes, filing requirements, tax-exempt organizations.
- AB 1679 - Landlord-tenant relations, security deposits.
- AB 1680 - Dissenting shareholders' rights.
- AB 1683 - Revocable trusts.
- AB 1694 - Gas pipeline safety inspections.
- AB 1699 - Affordable housing.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Tourism Gets Boost Placer County organizations team up to promote tourism in the region.
Want to Buy a Home and Need a Rich Uncle?Mortgage Alternative Program (MAP)- Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about new program to help get families who can't currently qualify for a mortgage into homes of their choice and on the road to homeownership.
U.S. HealthWorks Offers Onsite Flu Shots U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group, a leading operator of occupational healthcare and urgent care centers in the nation, said today it is offering to visit businesses on-site and provide flu vaccination shots
Roseville Police Bust Nets $40,000 Cash, Guns and MethRoseville narcotics detectives suspected that Joshua Holmboe was both selling illegal drugs directly to users and also supplying lower-level drug dealers, and that some of those drugs were then being sold and used in Roseville.
Governor Brown Signs Bill to Help Disabled VeteransLegislation sponsored by George Runner to protect California's disabled veterans has become law. Senate Bill 1113, authored by Senator Steve Knight (R-Antelope Valley),
Roseville Chamber Events October 2014Roseville, CA -- The Roseville Chamber of Commerce featured events for the month of October 2014.
Sacramento Area Gas Prices Down AgainAverage retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.61/g yesterday, according to
Nontraditional Employment for Women Event in RocklinSierra College seeks sponsors for the second Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW) event on October 17
$160,000 for Scholarships Raised at WJU Anniversary GalaJessup's Gala Honored 75th Anniversary and those who brought the Growing University to Placer County
Wakefield Gets SA Chapters RunningMy featured person this week, Margery Wakefield, of Lansing, Michigan, has had lifelong struggles with schizophrenia, a mental health disability.
Overcharged Tax on an Auto Purchase? Get Your RefundUnfortunately, I've been hearing from my constituents that the Department of Motor Vehicles is overcharging tax on their vehicle purchases.
Ford Focus Sportier and More RefinedFord redesigned the Focus two years ago and has produced a fairly sporty and refined compact car that has received strong statements of approval from prominent auto publications.