Salary and Benefit Adjustments Approved for Deputies
A Memorandum of Understanding between the county and the Placer County Deputy Sheriff's Association (DSA) was approved by the County Board of Supervisors last week. The Board's action, at its regularly scheduled meeting will adjust benefits for the covered employees. The Board also approved mandatory, voter-approved salary adjustments for deputy sheriffs and other related jobs. The Association represents about 239 active employees, including sheriff's deputies, sergeants, district attorney investigators and welfare fraud investigators.
The salary adjustments, known as Measure F, are tied to a salary formula based on an average of the salaries for comparable positions in Nevada County, El Dorado County and Sacramento County. Since the salary adjustments are the result of a voter-adopted ballot measure, the Board of Supervisors cannot adjust nor delay these salary adjustments.
"The members of the Placer County Deputy Sheriffs Association have approved contract agreements that will help the county realize real savings over the next three years," said Garland Lew, DSA President. "Our members understand the difficult economic times that face the communities we serve and believe the concessions we have made will strengthen the county's fiscal outlook and recovery. DSA members have once again shown that their true purpose is to serve the residents of Placer County."
The adjustments take effect in February and March, and the memorandum extends for the next two years through June 2015, for DSA-represented employees. They include:
* Deputy Sheriff II: 2.33 percent of base wage increase (193 current employees);
* Sheriff Sergeants: 2.87 percent of base wage increase (32 current employees);
* District Attorney Investigators: 2.87 percent base wage increase (9 employees), Investigator Welfare-Fraud (3 employees) and Supervising Investigator Welfare-Fraud (1 employee);
* Chief Deputy Coroner -- 2.33% base wage increase, (one employee); and
The memorandum approved this week by the Supervisors also includes adjustments to benefits for DSA-represented employees. These adjustments include:
* Elimination of a 2.5 percent Wellness Incentive Pay;
* Elimination of a 5 percent POST Pay for newly hired deputies;
* A 2 percent increase for POST Basic incentive pay for active employees;
* Changes in dental insurance premium structure;
The changes that will take effect in 2014 include:
* Move to a 3-Tier dental platform;
* Employees continue to pay increased dental costs for dependents;
* Increase in Rural Health Subsidy for Employees who live in Lake Tahoe;
* Incentive pay for employees with a Masters Degree; and
* Increase in compensation for Canine Handlers;
* Numerous rule and administrative changes
The County and the DSA continue to work together to develop a multi-year contract that furthers a sustainable benefit platform.
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin Fire Truck Santa Rides AgainOnce again this year Santa Claus has requested the assistance of the Rocklin firefighters in escorting him through the local non-gated neighborhoods of Rocklin to visit children of all ages
Forgiven Debt Tax RefundsSacramento Realtor and short sale expert, Julie Jalone, explains the new IRS guidance regarding forgiven debt in California and how some tax payers may be able to amend their 2011 or 2012 tax returns if they paid tax on cancelled debt.
Orchard Days in Placer CountyMountain Mandarin Growers Association hosts Mountain Mandarin Orchard Days December 7, 8, 21 and 22 to give the public a chance to visit the orchards and appreciate all of the delicious bounty of mandarin season.
Holiday Show and Sale in RocklinThe Ridley Gallery at Sierra College Rocklin Campus kicks off its fifteenth Annual Holiday Show and Sale today at 11:00am.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (12-3-13)The Roseville Police Department's weekly crime report digest for December 2, 2013.
Sophia's Heart Rocklin at Destiny Church(Rocklin, CA) -- Destiny Church of Rocklin is proud to announce the first recital performance of its new Sophia's Heart Rocklin: School of the Arts on Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Tips as Winter Weather ReturnsThe National Weather Service predicts a cold weather system with freezing overnight temperatures moving into the area this week
Winter Choral Concert in Rocklin December 8thThe Sierra College Music Department is proud to present a Winter Choral Concert on Sunday, December 8th at 3:00pm in Dietrich Theater on the Sierra College Rocklin Campus