New California Laws for 2013 (Part 25)
Part 25 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes taxes, employment, mortgage loans, education and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 25
- AB 2618 - Sales and use taxes, auction, vehicles.AB 2620 - Tidelands and submerged lands, granted public trust lands.
- AB 2641 - Nonprofit corporations, Internet Web site.
- AB 2643 - Property taxation.
- AB 2649 - Tidelands and submerged lands, City and County of San Francisco, seawall lots.
- AB 2654 - Mining liens, definitions.
- AB 2657 - Electronic court reporting.
- AB 2659 - Vehicles, driver's licenses.
- AB 2660 - Vehicles, peace officer vehicles, window tinting or glazing.
- AB 2662 - Education.
- AB 2663 - Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security. Teachers' Retirement Law.
- AB 2664 - County employees' retirement, electronic signatures.
- AB 2666 - Mortgage loan originators.
- AB 2667 - Personal property, fraudulent transfers.
- AB 2668 - Corporate agents, indemnification.
- AB 2669 - Environmental quality, California Environmental Quality Act.
- AB 2671 - Jobs, Economic Development and Economy. Small business financial development corporations, loans and loan guarantees.
- AB 2674 - Employment records, right to inspect.
- AB 2675 - Employment contract requirements. Provides exemptions to a 2011 law. Requires written commission agreements such as an exemption for one-time bonuses.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesBayside West Church Opens Registration for Breakaway 2013Bayside West Community Church's annual summer camp for kids that includes in-depth Bible stories, wet and wild games, awesome music, and
Roseville Students Awarded for Anti-Tobacco ArtworkAndrew Kurtz, a 17-year-old senior at Roseville's Woodcreek High School, was shocked to look up from his desk and see his parents and a group of photographers
Child Support Services Open House in Rocklin May 21Placer County's Department of Child Support Services is hosting a monthly "Open House" seminar to provide information to residents interested in learning more about the services it provides.
Deals: Thunder Valley Concert Ticket PackagesLINCOLN - Guests will have the chance to purchase a limited number of exclusive season ticket packages for Thunder Valley Casino Resort's much anticipated Summer Concert Series this Saturday, May 18.
Roseville Company Buys Huntington Park Complex for $11 Million USA Properties Fund Inc. has acquired Huntington Plaza Apartments, a 184-unit senior housing community in Huntington Park in central Los Angeles County.
Greek Food Festival Kicks Off in RosevilleThe 18th Annual Saint Anna Greek Food Festival in Roseville kicks off tonight at 5 pm. FREE Admission and Free Parking!
World Record Attempt at Apple Pie Eating at Thunder ValleyThunder Valley Casino Resort will kick off its 10-year anniversary celebration and grand opening of its all-new Buffet with an attempt to break the world apple pie eating record
Roseville Students Get Hands-On Money ManagementNearly 40 students from Roseville High School's Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program got a "bite of reality" May 8, when they attended an interactive financial education simulation