New California Laws for 2013 (Part 25)
SHARE with Friend
Part 25 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes taxes, employment, mortgage loans, education and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 25
- AB 2618 - Sales and use taxes, auction, vehicles.AB 2620 - Tidelands and submerged lands, granted public trust lands.
- AB 2641 - Nonprofit corporations, Internet Web site.
- AB 2643 - Property taxation.
- AB 2649 - Tidelands and submerged lands, City and County of San Francisco, seawall lots.
- AB 2654 - Mining liens, definitions.
- AB 2657 - Electronic court reporting.
- AB 2659 - Vehicles, driver's licenses.
- AB 2660 - Vehicles, peace officer vehicles, window tinting or glazing.
- AB 2662 - Education.
- AB 2663 - Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security. Teachers' Retirement Law.
- AB 2664 - County employees' retirement, electronic signatures.
- AB 2666 - Mortgage loan originators.
- AB 2667 - Personal property, fraudulent transfers.
- AB 2668 - Corporate agents, indemnification.
- AB 2669 - Environmental quality, California Environmental Quality Act.
- AB 2671 - Jobs, Economic Development and Economy. Small business financial development corporations, loans and loan guarantees.
- AB 2674 - Employment records, right to inspect.
- AB 2675 - Employment contract requirements. Provides exemptions to a 2011 law. Requires written commission agreements such as an exemption for one-time bonuses.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Republican Party To Hold 2014 ConventionLOOMIS - The Placer County Republican Party will hold its endorsement convention on Aug. 23 to select which candidates to support for local offices in Placer County.
Job Fair in Roseville August 22ndRoseville, CA -- Multiple community agencies including Brandman University, The City of Roseville Libraries, Placer, Sacramento and El Dorado Counties, Golden Sierra Job Training, and Sacramento Works
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.23.14)The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 23, 2014.
California Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer CountyPlacer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
Auburn Woman Attacked Inside HomePlacer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and LincolnASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
Tahoe Public Projects Garner AttentionTahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5thEach community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
Recovery Plan for California Salmon and SteelheadNOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley