New California Laws for 2013 (Part 25)
Part 25 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes taxes, employment, mortgage loans, education and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 25
- AB 2618 - Sales and use taxes, auction, vehicles.AB 2620 - Tidelands and submerged lands, granted public trust lands.
- AB 2641 - Nonprofit corporations, Internet Web site.
- AB 2643 - Property taxation.
- AB 2649 - Tidelands and submerged lands, City and County of San Francisco, seawall lots.
- AB 2654 - Mining liens, definitions.
- AB 2657 - Electronic court reporting.
- AB 2659 - Vehicles, driver's licenses.
- AB 2660 - Vehicles, peace officer vehicles, window tinting or glazing.
- AB 2662 - Education.
- AB 2663 - Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security. Teachers' Retirement Law.
- AB 2664 - County employees' retirement, electronic signatures.
- AB 2666 - Mortgage loan originators.
- AB 2667 - Personal property, fraudulent transfers.
- AB 2668 - Corporate agents, indemnification.
- AB 2669 - Environmental quality, California Environmental Quality Act.
- AB 2671 - Jobs, Economic Development and Economy. Small business financial development corporations, loans and loan guarantees.
- AB 2674 - Employment records, right to inspect.
- AB 2675 - Employment contract requirements. Provides exemptions to a 2011 law. Requires written commission agreements such as an exemption for one-time bonuses.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesSuspect ID Sought in Granite Bay BurglaryPlacer County Sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a possible Granite Bay burglary suspect.
Rocklin Fire Truck Santa Rides AgainOnce again this year Santa Claus has requested the assistance of the Rocklin firefighters in escorting him through the local non-gated neighborhoods of Rocklin to visit children of all ages
Forgiven Debt Tax RefundsSacramento Realtor and short sale expert, Julie Jalone, explains the new IRS guidance regarding forgiven debt in California and how some tax payers may be able to amend their 2011 or 2012 tax returns if they paid tax on cancelled debt.
Orchard Days in Placer CountyMountain Mandarin Growers Association hosts Mountain Mandarin Orchard Days December 7, 8, 21 and 22 to give the public a chance to visit the orchards and appreciate all of the delicious bounty of mandarin season.
Holiday Show and Sale in RocklinThe Ridley Gallery at Sierra College Rocklin Campus kicks off its fifteenth Annual Holiday Show and Sale today at 11:00am.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (12-3-13)The Roseville Police Department's weekly crime report digest for December 2, 2013.
Sophia's Heart Rocklin at Destiny Church(Rocklin, CA) -- Destiny Church of Rocklin is proud to announce the first recital performance of its new Sophia's Heart Rocklin: School of the Arts on Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Tips as Winter Weather ReturnsThe National Weather Service predicts a cold weather system with freezing overnight temperatures moving into the area this week