New California Laws for 2013 (Part 25)
Part 25 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes taxes, employment, mortgage loans, education and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 25
- AB 2618 - Sales and use taxes, auction, vehicles.AB 2620 - Tidelands and submerged lands, granted public trust lands.
- AB 2641 - Nonprofit corporations, Internet Web site.
- AB 2643 - Property taxation.
- AB 2649 - Tidelands and submerged lands, City and County of San Francisco, seawall lots.
- AB 2654 - Mining liens, definitions.
- AB 2657 - Electronic court reporting.
- AB 2659 - Vehicles, driver's licenses.
- AB 2660 - Vehicles, peace officer vehicles, window tinting or glazing.
- AB 2662 - Education.
- AB 2663 - Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security. Teachers' Retirement Law.
- AB 2664 - County employees' retirement, electronic signatures.
- AB 2666 - Mortgage loan originators.
- AB 2667 - Personal property, fraudulent transfers.
- AB 2668 - Corporate agents, indemnification.
- AB 2669 - Environmental quality, California Environmental Quality Act.
- AB 2671 - Jobs, Economic Development and Economy. Small business financial development corporations, loans and loan guarantees.
- AB 2674 - Employment records, right to inspect.
- AB 2675 - Employment contract requirements. Provides exemptions to a 2011 law. Requires written commission agreements such as an exemption for one-time bonuses.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesDermatomyositis: Woman Battles Weakness, RashIn 1993, and only two weeks after having given birth to her second child, Becki Lanser of Cary, North Carolina, was experiencing severe muscle weakness and fatigue.
Jeep Grand Cherokee: More Refined Than EverA 2014 "refreshening" has given the Grand Cherokee a more modern, sophisticated look that will have admirers giving it the double take.
People & Culture Days in Rocklin October 22- 23Rocklin, CA - Have you ever sampled Persian food? Have you listened to Peruvian music? Can you make a Japanese origami crane? Would you like to get a henna tattoo?
Heartstoppers Haunted House Frightening Ghosts and Ghouls You will be scared out of your wits for a good cause this October as the Heartstoppers Haunted House returns to the former Mine Shaft venue
PCWA Encourages Rapid Watershed ProtectionIn wake of the King Fire, the Placer County Water Agency is encouraging expanded and rapid remediation of heavily burned National Forest Lands to protect water quality of the Rubicon River watershed before winter storms.
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Thunder Valley on New Year's EveGuests will have the chance to purchase tickets to Thunder Valley Casino Resort's much anticipated $100k Big Easy New Year's Eve Celebration Main Event- as tickets go on sale Saturday, October 18 for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Ebola Virus: Oral and Facial Surgeons AdvisoryThe California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS) has issued an advisory to all oral and facial surgeons in California that provides important guidance on Ebola virus
$24 Million Makeover for South Tahoe's MontBleu ResortRenovations exceeding $24 million at MontBleu Resort that include the casino floor, convention center and all 437-rooms from the 17th floor and down will begin
Roseville California Crime Brief (10.17.14)Crime brief report for Roseville, California for October 17, 2014
Free Drip Irrigation Workshop in Granite BayDrought Watch: Saturday October 18, San Juan Water District experts will be hosting a free water conservation workshop for its customers and neighbors
2014 Rocklin MobilePack Gets Boost from Wells FargoA three-day, all-volunteer effort for area residents to pack meals for malnourished children around the world has received a big boost from Wells Fargo.
141 Pounds of Weed, Psychedelic Mushrooms in Roseville Police BustBrian Lee Feld Getz, age 36 of Grass Valley and Timothy Conway Reimer, age 33 of Philadelphia were jailed on suspicion of possessing and selling marijuana, and conspiracy.