New California Laws for 2013 (Part 25)
Part 25 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes taxes, employment, mortgage loans, education and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 25
- AB 2618 - Sales and use taxes, auction, vehicles.AB 2620 - Tidelands and submerged lands, granted public trust lands.
- AB 2641 - Nonprofit corporations, Internet Web site.
- AB 2643 - Property taxation.
- AB 2649 - Tidelands and submerged lands, City and County of San Francisco, seawall lots.
- AB 2654 - Mining liens, definitions.
- AB 2657 - Electronic court reporting.
- AB 2659 - Vehicles, driver's licenses.
- AB 2660 - Vehicles, peace officer vehicles, window tinting or glazing.
- AB 2662 - Education.
- AB 2663 - Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security. Teachers' Retirement Law.
- AB 2664 - County employees' retirement, electronic signatures.
- AB 2666 - Mortgage loan originators.
- AB 2667 - Personal property, fraudulent transfers.
- AB 2668 - Corporate agents, indemnification.
- AB 2669 - Environmental quality, California Environmental Quality Act.
- AB 2671 - Jobs, Economic Development and Economy. Small business financial development corporations, loans and loan guarantees.
- AB 2674 - Employment records, right to inspect.
- AB 2675 - Employment contract requirements. Provides exemptions to a 2011 law. Requires written commission agreements such as an exemption for one-time bonuses.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesNew California Laws for 2015 (Part 27)New California laws for 2015 part 27 includes health coverage, pharmacies, notaries, school employees, electricity rates, Medi Cal juvenile inmates, writ of habeas corpus and more.
50 Days of the Dead: SugareeWe return to magical May of 1977 to find the band doing an extended feel-good jam of the Jerry Garcia/ Robert Hunter classic Sugaree
Toyota Camry Hybrid: Better than ever?Toyota decided to redesign the Camry a mere three years after its last major transformation. The 2015 redesign is very significant and gives Camry even more of an edge.
Father Trying to Build UnderstandingJoseph Hernandez of Auburn, Washington, knew before his son's birth that his son would have a birth defect, spina bifida. The only thing in doubt was whether Joseph would hang around.
Former Placer County Sheriff Sentenced in Sex CasePursuant to a plea agreement, Kenneth Skogen was sentenced to three years formal probation and must serve 150 days in jail and attend counseling for unlawful sex with a minor.
50 Days of the Dead: Peggy-OThe perfect dose of intricate guitar work over a smooth rhythm section to a Scottish folk song in this 1978 version of Peggy-O at the Huntington Civic Center in West Virginia.
Roseville's Blue Line Arts Gallery Highlights Student ArtistsRoseville CA--At the recent reception for artists and members, Julie Hirota, CEO, Blue Line Arts, introduced the results of the Prestigious Crocker-Kingsley Art Competition
Roseville Mail Theft Leads to Arrest of 34 Year OldRoseville officers arrested a 34-year-old man from Sacramento on suspicion of vehicle theft, possession of stolen property, and other related charges
New California Laws for 2015 (Part 26)New California laws for 2015 part 26 includes smartphones, health coverage, rape victims, prisoners DNA testing, cocaine, nonprofits, healing arts, student financial aid and more.
Flu Blamed in Death of Placer County ManPlacer County health officials confirmed today that influenza is believed to be a contributing factor in the death of a Placer County man.
Roseville Man Facing Felony Charges in Death of ThreeAaron Caudillo has been treated for his injuries at Mercy San Juan Hospital and has now been released from the hospital and booked into custody into the Sacramento County Jail.
Roseville Violent Crime Rate PlummetsThe violent crime rate in Roseville declined 28% in 2014, according to Roseville Police.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It