New California Laws for 2013 (Part 27)
Part 27 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes Internet crimes, medi-cal, abortions, crime, immunizations and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 27
- SB 379 - Telecommunications, universal service, regulation.
- SB 415 - State highways, relinquishment.
- SB 475 - Local agencies, open meetings, teleconferences.
- SB 477 - School district reorganization, bonded indebtedness, Wiseburn Unified School District, Centinela Valley Union High School District.
- SB 488 - Political Reform Act of 1974, slate mailers.
- SB 533 - Inglewood Unified School District, emergency loan.
- SB 535 - California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund.
- SB 542 - Inmate Welfare Fund.
- SB 561 - Internet crimes, data collection.
- SB 592 - Dairy cattle supply liens.
- SB 615 - Multiple employer welfare arrangements, benefits.
- SB 623 - Health. Extends until January 1, 2014 an ongoing pilot program allowing nurse practitioners, midwives and physician assistants to perform non-surgical abortions.
- SB 628 - Acupuncture, regulation.
- SB 630 - Hospitals, licensure.
- SB 632 - Marriage and family therapists.
- SB 659 - Immunizations, disclosure of information, tuberculosis screening.
- SB 661 - Crime, picketing.
- SB 691 - Unemployment insurance, use of information.
- SB 708 - Funds transfers.
- SB 728 - Medi-Cal, durable medical equipment reimbursement.
Follow and View the Entire Series of California's New Laws 2013.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Sports Tourism Filling Hotels Memorial Day WeekendThe ASA Memorial Day Classic and Rocklin Pony Baseball Tournament, with support from Placer Valley Tourism, are hosting their annual Memorial Day weekend
$1.3 Million Savings in Placer Water Agency Refinance?Directors of the Placer County Water Agency on Thursday (May 16) approved a debt restructuring that is expected to save the agency $1.3 million
Woman Taunted as a TeenagerMy featured person this week agreed to be interviewed only under condition of anonymity. Janet" was born with
Bayside West Church Opens Registration for Breakaway 2013Bayside West Community Church's annual summer camp for kids that includes in-depth Bible stories, wet and wild games, awesome music, and
Roseville Students Awarded for Anti-Tobacco ArtworkAndrew Kurtz, a 17-year-old senior at Roseville's Woodcreek High School, was shocked to look up from his desk and see his parents and a group of photographers
Child Support Services Open House in Rocklin May 21Placer County's Department of Child Support Services is hosting a monthly "Open House" seminar to provide information to residents interested in learning more about the services it provides.
Deals: Thunder Valley Concert Ticket PackagesLINCOLN - Guests will have the chance to purchase a limited number of exclusive season ticket packages for Thunder Valley Casino Resort's much anticipated Summer Concert Series this Saturday, May 18.
Roseville Company Buys Huntington Park Complex for $11 Million USA Properties Fund Inc. has acquired Huntington Plaza Apartments, a 184-unit senior housing community in Huntington Park in central Los Angeles County.