New California Laws for 2013 (Part 29)
Part 29 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes mortgage loans, bail, marriage, school curriculum and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 29
- SB 954 - Controller, offset payments.
- SB 955 - Public employees' retirement, pension fund management.
- SB 960 - California State University, campus-based mandatory fees.
- SB 965 - State and local government.
- SB 976 - Finance lenders, exemptions.
- SB 978 - Securities transactions, exemption from qualification requirements.
- SB 979 - Financial institutions.
- SB 980 - Mortgage loans.
- SB 987 - Public employees' retirement.
- SB 989 - Bail, extradition.
- SB 991 - Marriage, solemnization.
- SB 993 - School curriculum, social sciences, Bracero program.
- SB 996 - County Employees Retirement Law of 1937, heart trouble presumption.
- SB 1001 - Political Reform Act of 1974, lobbyists and committees, fees.
- SB 1003 - Local government: open meetings: cease and desist letters.
- SB 1006 - Budget. State government.
- SB 1008 - Budget. Public social services, Medi-Cal.
- SB 1009 - Budget. Health and human services.
- SB 1013 - Budget. Child welfare services, realignment.
- SB 1014 - Budget. Public social services, alcohol and drug programs.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Placer County News HeadlinesAuburn Plane Crash Victims IdentifiedThe victims in yesterday's plane crash in Auburn have been identified as pilot Bruce Albright Rhymes, 6-8-53, and Kathy Lorraine Rhymes, 2-3-55, husband and wife from Susanville.
Contract Talks with City of Roseville and Police Officers StallRoseville - The Roseville Police Officers' Association (RPOA), representing 103 sworn police officers whose job it is to protect the Roseville community, announced today that contract talks with the City have broken down.
Costco versus Amazon: Finding the Best ValueThe U.S. Census revealed that in 2010, a family of four was estimated to spend $185.50 per week for a nutritious diet, an increase from the previous year. To help families
Sacramento Kings Rally at Cesar Chavez Park May 23The Sacramento Kings announced Long Live the Kings Rally will take place Thursday, May 23 from 5-9 p.m. at Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento.
Auburn Plane Crash Kills TwoAt 0030 hours, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Cal EMA (California Office of Emergency Services) to assist in a search for a possible downed aircraft near the Auburn Airport
Nurse Next Door tackles Placer County Senior CareBy 2030, nearly a quarter of Placer County's population will be over the age of 65. The demand for senior care is escalating
Truckee-Tahoe Pet Lodge offers unique boarding for dogs, catsThere are Lake Tahoe lodging facilities that welcome pet stays, but there are also plenty of places that force one to leave your beloved dog or cat at home.
Kia Sorento an affordable, versatile crossover SUVLike many offerings in the Kia lineup, the Sorento has distanced itself from its modest beginnings when the Korean automaker produced mainly affordable cars that