Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.2.15)Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update for Roseville, July 2, 2015.
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: One More Saturday NightA return to 1972 across the pond at Wembley Empire Pool find The Dead ripping through a scorching version of One More Saturday Night
Opinion: Let's Be CivilAccelerating the decline of citizen engagement in our government are two notable demographic shifts underway
Roseville Hosting Chicks with Sticks Lacrosse TournamentSwashbuckler Lacrosse is breaking new ground with their upcoming Chicks with Sticks Lacrosse Tournament on July 11-12
John Adams Academy Finalizes Purchase of Campus in RosevilleRoseville, CA - Officials from John Adams Academy (JAA) charter school in Roseville announced today they have finalized the purchase of the former Heald College building
Placer County Foster Children in Need of Mentor VolunteersChild Advocates of Placer County is currently in need of 30 new volunteers to become Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) or Mentors
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Lady with a FanWe're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice." ~ Jerry Garcia
Dots and dashes changed Zachary Barnum's lifeThis 17-year-old resident of Fredericksburg, Virginia, who is legally blind in one eye due to optic nerve hypoplasia and has a form of bipolar disorder (ATOU Cares.org)
Dry Lightning Boosts Northern California Fire RiskDrought Watch: CAL FIRE has increased staffing due to forecasted dry lightning and strong winds throughout much of northern California
California Senate Committee Kills Sex Offender Bill SB54Senator Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) announced her legislation to make sex-offender residency restrictions more workable
Fireworks Safety Tips this Fourth of JulyWith the Independence Day holiday rapidly approaching, CAL FIRE is reminding all Californians and visitors to do their part to prevent fires caused by illegal fireworks
California Lowers Excise Tax Rate on GasState Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced that California's excise tax on gasoline will decrease by six cents per gallon
NEWS: In Case You Missed It