Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPCWA Customers Curb Water Use 34 PercentDrought Watch: Since June of this year, PCWA customers have decreased water use by 34 percent in comparison to base year 2013.
Roseville Area Events Calendar for October 3, 2015Roseville, CA - Bright sunshine and warm temps make for ideal conditions as the fall events season kicks into full swing in Roseville and beyond.
Placer County Child Support Services Recognized for ImprovementsThe Placer County Department of Child Support Services has received the 2015 Most Improved Child Support Program Award
Free Hazardous Waste Drop Off in AuburnPLACER COUNTY, Calif. - The Western Placer Waste Management Authority's annual household hazardous waste collection event will be held Saturday and Sunday
Repeat DUI's Targeted with Ignition Interlock ProgramOn Monday, Governor Jerry Brown signed into law SB 61, adding another 18 months to a four-county ignition interlock pilot program
California Fire Updates Summary (10-2-15)Nearly 1,000 firefighters are battling 7 large fires. In Northern California, an area of low pressure is moving throughout the area today with light showers
Lincoln Salmon Festival Celebration October 3rdLincoln, CA - The Wildlife Heritage Foundation (WHF) is gearing up for the sixth annual Salmon Celebration to bring awareness to the migrating salmon population
Roseville Coffee Wars: Dunkin Donuts and Dutch Bros. ExpandingRoseville, CA - Coffee is big business and Roseville is at center stage in South Placer County as the coffee giants battle it out to serve up their high-priced specialty brews.
151,000 Acres Scarred: Rough Fire GrowsCalifornia Fire Updates 2015: In Northern California, an area of low pressure is moving slowly into the area today with light showers expected and cooler temperatures
Seniors First Awarded Grant from Wells FargoSeniors First was recently awarded $10,000 grant from Wells Fargo Bank which will help to continue funding of Seniors First's eight Senior Cafes
Salmon Celebration Festival in Lincoln October 3rdLincoln, CA - The Wildlife Heritage Foundation (WHF) is gearing up for the sixth annual Salmon Celebration
Free Healthy Aging Program Presentations in OctoberIn a series of four Saturday morning sessions at UC Davis School of Medicine, attendees will learn the latest from physicians and other experts about aging and medical science.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It