Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesBlind Attorney Becomes National AdvocateBlind from birth, Chris Danielson is director of public relations for the 50,000-member National Federation of the Blind
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (8-1-15)Weekly crime report digest report update from Rocklin PD
California Fires Update Summary (8.1.15)California Fire Updates 2015: Nearly 9,000 firefighters are battling 24 large fires across California
Tahoe Restoration Act of 2015 IntroducedCongressman Tom McClintock (R-CA) and Congressman Mark Amodei (R-NV) introduced legislation to address catastrophic wildfire and invasive species threats
Roseville Location for New Placer County Assessor's OfficeRoseville, CA - To better meet the needs of the public, the Placer County Assessor's Office is pleased to announce the opening of its newest office, located at 10810 Justice Center Drive
California Fires Update Summary (7.31.15)California Fire Updates 2015: Today, 8,000 firefighters are battling 18 large wildfires in California, including several that are on the National Forest and nearing full containment.
Placer Valley Sports Complex: Who's Designing It?Placer Valley Sports Complex, Inc. has reached its first major milestone in the building and development of its brand new, state-of-the-art Regional Sports Complex in Roseville.
25 Year Old Arrested as Arson SuspectThe Placer County Sheriff's Office arrested David Petrashishen, 25 for arson following Sunday's fire in Elverta.
California Statewide Fire Summary (7.30.15)California Fire Updates 2015: Yesterday afternoon and evening fire activity in Northern California significantly increased as temperatures hit the triple digits and the winds became very gusty.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.30.15)Roseville, CA - Weekly crime report digest update for Roseville, July 30, 2015.
State Moonlights as SlumlordIf a recent study to determine the safety of 29 state-owned buildings tells us anything, it's that the state is a terrible landlord
Community Foundations Fund Senior Nutrition ProgramsAuburn, CA - Thanks to additional funding, Seniors First will soon expand a program established to provide homebound seniors with hot meals and daily social interaction
NEWS: In Case You Missed It