Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesHalloween Tips to Protect your PetRoseville, CA - Pet owners' goals should be to take all of the necessary steps to minimize these potential hazards, keep your pet secure at home, and ensure a safe and fun Halloween for all."
Free Medical Clinic at Cal Expo October 28- 30A free Medical Clinic offering medical, vision and dental care to those in need will take place October 28- 30 at Cal Expo.
Year-to-Date Regional Savings Exceeds 23 PercentRoseville, CA - Area residents reduced water use 15 percent in September compared to the same month in 2013, according to an analysis by the Regional Water Authority
Placer County Announces Parks and Trail Master PlanAUBURN, Calif. -- One of the many things that make Placer County a great place to live, work and play are our many local parks and trails
Placer Arts Studio Tour and Activities in NovemberRoseville, CA- The 23rd Annual PlacerArts Studios Tour will take place November 11-13, 2016.
West Sacramento Chili Cook-Off at Raley Field in NovemberWEST SACRAMENTO - The West Sacramento Chili Cook-off will be November 19, 2016 from 6 to 10pm in the Legacy Club at Raley Field, and gives Sacramento area residents
Public Invited to Sierra College Patrons MeetingRocklin, CA - The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invite the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization to attend
Roseville and Rocklin Men among those Caught in StingDuring a two-day sting operation last week (October 19-20, 2016) in Folsom (Sacramento County), investigators from CSLB's Statewide Investigative Fraud Team (SWIFT) cited 35 people for various illegal contracting charges.
In Roseville: Creating an Ecosystem of EntrepreneurshipWhat do Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Auburn, Foresthill, Loomis, Colfax, Kings Beach and Tahoe City all have in common?
Solutions sought in North Tahoe Affordable Housing CrisisKINGS BEACH, Calif. -- Placer County continues to work on ways to improve workforce housing in the North Lake Tahoe region.
Send Silence Packing hosted by Sierra CollegeRocklin, CA - Send Silence Packing is a nationally recognized traveling exhibition of 1,100 donated backpacks, representing the number of college students lost to suicide
Harvest Carnival for Deaf Children in RocklinROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University's American Sign Language Program will host a free Harvest Carnival for all children learning or wanting to learn sign language
NEWS: In Case You Missed It