Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesWhat is Your Realtor Doing?Julie Jalone, Sacramento Realtor with MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, explains what many Realtors are doing when they are not with their clients.
Roseville Flash Crime Report Update (9.29.16)Roseville, CA- Police activity log from Roseville Police for the period covering September 17-27, 2016.
Lexus NX 200t Review: Aggressive and EdgyRoseville, CA - The NX 200t has some aggressive design angles and the standard Lexus front end features thin lights and a nose that one car reviewer says resembles a rat's angry expression.
Mini Maker Faire and Sierra Celebration October 1Rocklin, CA - On Saturday, October 1st, from 10am-5pm, the City of Rocklin and Sierra College will host the Rocklin Mini Maker Faire & Sierra Celebration
Public Invited to Sierra College Patrons Meeting in RocklinRocklin, CA - The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invites the public and those interested in becoming members of the
Local Grant to Help Fund Senior Nutrition Programs(AUBURN, CA) - Seniors First has been awarded a $10,000 grant through the James and Virginia Benson Memorial Fund, managed by the Sacramento Region Community Foundation
JB Brown Fund Awards 44 ScholarshipsROSEVILLE - Helping residents achieve their dreams and build a better future for themselves and their families are the foundation of the JB Brown Fund
Rocklin Flash Crime Report (9.28.16)Rocklin, CA- The latest police activity report from Rocklin Police covering the period of September 12- 18, 2016.
Rocklin Venues to Host Cyclocross RacesRocklin, CA - On October 8 and 9 Sacramento Cyclocross will kick-off their cyclocross race season with exhilarating events in two Rocklin locations
$3 Million Plan to Remove Damaged Trees Approved by SupervisorsCounty staff has identified approximately 1,800 trees in need of immediate removal. With an estimate of $1,700 per tree, the total cost of the project is expected to be about $3.1 million
Draft Vision for Sunset Area and Placer Ranch in South PlacerRoseville, CA - Placer County planners today unveiled the first draft land use vision for Placer Ranch and the Sunset Area in south Placer
Grant to Support Seniors First Meal Delivery ProgramSeniors First Executive Director Jamee Horning is honored to announce the receipt of $15,000 from Sierra Health Foundation, a private philanthropy committed to improving health
NEWS: In Case You Missed It