Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesStem Cell Grants for Spina Bifida and Diabetic Wound TreatmentsThe state stem cell agency, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), awarded a pair of grants totaling more than $7 million to UC Davis School of Medicine
Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 6)Part 6 in our series on the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California.
$11.5 Billion Backlog at National ParksThe National Park Service recently released its fiscal year deferred maintenance statistics for national parks
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (3.30.15)The Roseville Police Department's crime report digest update
Nelson Earned PhD Despite Three Disabilities"I grew up in a time when no one understood ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)," said 53-year-old Eric Nelson of Sacramento, California, in a telephone interview.
Kia Sedona Minivan Delivers More in Redesigned VersionKia redesigned its minivan and didn't hesitate to make some significant changes. Borrowing a time-honored line when it comes to remodeling, the 2015 Kia Sedona arrived new and improved.
U2 Tour 2015: Tickets Selling QuicklyU2 will return to the stage on May 14 north of the border at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia to kick off their 2015 Innocence + Experience World Tour
Sierra College CACT Partnership Wins AwardSierra College, the California Conservation Corps and Golden Sierra Job Training Agency were recognized by the Placer County Economic Development Board
David Boesch Honored at North Lake Tahoe Awards DinnerPlacer County Executive Officer David Boesch was presented the Public Servant of the Year Award at the North Lake Tahoe 61st Annual Community Awards
Garth Brooks Tickets: Six Nights in SacramentoSaddle up cowboys and cowgirls! Garth Brooks will be making the first California appearance on his current world tour
Vacation Deals: On Tight BudgetsLet's face it, we all love our vacation time. A time to break off from everyday routines, ditch a portion of the responsibility we call life and enjoy doing what we love
Joyce and Jim Raley Teel & Joseph Gallo HonoredMore than 700 guests came out to honor Joyce and Jim Raley Teel, Raley's Family of Fine Stores and Joseph E. Gallo at their induction into the California Grocers Association Educational
NEWS: In Case You Missed It