Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesMark Randall on Making Products Customers LoveIn Rocklin March 11th, Sierra College and Hacker Lab Present Mark Randall Speaking on "Making Products Customers Love"
50 Days of the Dead: Brokedown PalaceDecember 12, 1971 version of the Grateful Dead doing Brokedown Palace at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor Michigan
Reliability remains Honda Accord calling cardHonda has historically produced a great vehicle in the Accord, which has been at or near the top of midsize class for many years.
Rocklin Artist Diane Bell at Rocklin History MuseumRocklin Artist Diane Bell at Rocklin History Museum to display several pieces of her work this weekend.
Bullers Went from Journalist to AdvocateLast week, I featured long-time journalist and disability advocate Finn Bullers of Kansas City, Kansas. I'm now featuring him again because of the breadth and depth of his accomplishments
50 Days of the Dead: Playing In The BandAn extended, psychedelic version of Playing In The Band from the show that would be filmed and released as Sunshine Daydream.
Roseville Proposes 16.5 Percent Rate Hike for WaterThe City of Roseville is holding two community meetings in March to update customers about proposed water and wastewater utility rate increases.
San Juan Water District Responds to CVP Federal Water AllocationsDrought Watch: We all know that California is facing an extraordinary drought. This morning's announcement of federal water allocations through the Central Valley Project is indicative
California Legislation to Refund Illegal TaxesBoard of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced today he is sponsoring legislation to extend common sense protections to taxpayers. Assembly Bill 867
Placer County Transit to Take Over Lincoln Bus ServicePlacer County Transit is scheduled to take over operations of the City of Lincoln's fixed-route bus service beginning July 1.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (2.26.15)The Roseville weekly crime report digest update for February 26, 2015.
Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off March 20th2015 Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off will be held on Friday, March 20, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Maidu Community Center in Roseville
NEWS: In Case You Missed It