Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesNew California Laws for 2015 (Part 27)New California laws for 2015 part 27 includes health coverage, pharmacies, notaries, school employees, electricity rates, Medi Cal juvenile inmates, writ of habeas corpus and more.
50 Days of the Dead: SugareeWe return to magical May of 1977 to find the band doing an extended feel-good jam of the Jerry Garcia/ Robert Hunter classic Sugaree
Toyota Camry Hybrid: Better than ever?Toyota decided to redesign the Camry a mere three years after its last major transformation. The 2015 redesign is very significant and gives Camry even more of an edge.
Father Trying to Build UnderstandingJoseph Hernandez of Auburn, Washington, knew before his son's birth that his son would have a birth defect, spina bifida. The only thing in doubt was whether Joseph would hang around.
Former Placer County Sheriff Sentenced in Sex CasePursuant to a plea agreement, Kenneth Skogen was sentenced to three years formal probation and must serve 150 days in jail and attend counseling for unlawful sex with a minor.
50 Days of the Dead: Peggy-OThe perfect dose of intricate guitar work over a smooth rhythm section to a Scottish folk song in this 1978 version of Peggy-O at the Huntington Civic Center in West Virginia.
Roseville's Blue Line Arts Gallery Highlights Student ArtistsRoseville CA--At the recent reception for artists and members, Julie Hirota, CEO, Blue Line Arts, introduced the results of the Prestigious Crocker-Kingsley Art Competition
Roseville Mail Theft Leads to Arrest of 34 Year OldRoseville officers arrested a 34-year-old man from Sacramento on suspicion of vehicle theft, possession of stolen property, and other related charges
New California Laws for 2015 (Part 26)New California laws for 2015 part 26 includes smartphones, health coverage, rape victims, prisoners DNA testing, cocaine, nonprofits, healing arts, student financial aid and more.
Flu Blamed in Death of Placer County ManPlacer County health officials confirmed today that influenza is believed to be a contributing factor in the death of a Placer County man.
Roseville Man Facing Felony Charges in Death of ThreeAaron Caudillo has been treated for his injuries at Mercy San Juan Hospital and has now been released from the hospital and booked into custody into the Sacramento County Jail.
Roseville Violent Crime Rate PlummetsThe violent crime rate in Roseville declined 28% in 2014, according to Roseville Police.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It