Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesJustice Center in Roseville Refinancing Boosts County RatingPlacer County earned a significant savings and a higher credit rating recently when it refinanced municipal bonds originally issued to help finance construction of buildings in North Auburn and Roseville
Big DoG Countdown: Placer Food BankBig DoG Countdown: Learn about how Placer Food Bank impacts your community.
Featured Rocklin Student: Sierra GarridoRocklin, CA - Sierra Garrido, a member of Rocklin High's Class of 2015 Honor Guard, balances her vigorous academic schedule, time with the dance team, and volunteer projects. Sierra is
Seeking Grants for Ophir Gardens Vulnerable Water SupplyDrought Watch: Directors of the Placer County Water Agency on Thursday (Apr. 10) agreed to apply for two emergency funding grants, each up to $500,000, to improve water supplies for a small community
Free Soccer Camp in Roseville for Kids Ages 8- 13The Roseville Police Activities League and Folsom Police Activities League will be hosting a free two-day soccer camp on April 15- 16, 2014.
$45,000 Raised for Child Abuse PreventionIt was a "Blue Tie Affair" on a recent Thursday in Roseville, as more than 200 people gathered for KidsFirst's 16th annual luncheon, celebrating their 25th commemorative anniversary and kick-off their community-wide campaign to end child abuse
Big DoG Countdown: WarmLine Family Resource CenterBig DOG Countdown: Learn about how WarmLine Family Resource Center impacts your community.
Featured Rocklin Student: Nick HuddlestunNick Huddlestun, a member of Rocklin High School's 2015 Honor Guard, is a hardworking and genuine student who always strives to do his best on the field and in the classroom.
Construction to Impact Downtown Roseville Parking Limited construction activities begin today, Monday, April 14 on the Oak Street Improvement Project, including partial closure of the Oak Street parking lot.
Customers Urged to Conserve WaterDrought Watch: Directors of the Placer County Water Agency last Thursday adopted a series of water use regulations and restrictions and appealed to all customers to conserve water...
Placer County Supports Assembly Bill 2703Placer County considers itself exemplary when it comes to honoring the men and women who have served their nation as members of the armed forces
Lexus GS 450 Hybrid: Expect GreatnessSay hello to the 2014 Lexus 450h, which gobbles up the pavement in rapid style, going from 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds, a time that is impressive for any vehicle, much less a hybrid