Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Placer County News HeadlinesMan Killed in Roseville Accident on Foothills BoulevardRoseville Fire and Roseville Police personnel responded to a traffic collision on southbound Foothills Boulevard at Chignahuapan Way. They found that the driver of a 1995 Chrysler sedan was turning left from Chignahuapan Way onto northbound Foothills, and drove into the path of a 1996 Ford pickup
Roseville Accident on Foothills BoulevardRoseville, CA - A late afternoon accident has shuttered southbound traffic on Foothills Boulevard, south of Baseline. Foothills Boulevard south of Baseline is currently closed to traffic.
Placer SPCA in Auburn Waiving Cat Adoption Fees Roseville, CA - It's that time of year again. Dust off that ugly sweater, throw back that nutmeg drink, flip off the lights on the tree hiding in your living room, wave goodbye to the Griswold's, and head on over to Placer SPCA
Lyme Disease Organism in Placer CountyOfficials at the Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District (PMVCD) caution residents of the presence of the Lyme disease organism in local ticks
Placer County Water Agency Elects New ChairmanDistrict 5 Director Joshua Alpine, of Colfax, was elected Monday (Dec. 9) by his fellow directors to serve as 2014 chairman of the Placer County Water Agency Board of Directors.
Granite Bay Resident Honored by USA NetworkUSA Networks will honor Granite Bay Resident Leslie DeDora, Founder, Executive Director and Program Director of A Touch of Understanding.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (12-10-13)The Roseville California Police Department's weekly crime report digest for December 10, 2013.
Quick Guide to Buying Firewood in Placer CountyWith the wood stove and fireplace season upon us, Placer County Agricultural Commissioner is reminding consumers to know what they are getting when buying firewood.