Placer County Wine Trail Grape Days of Summer
AUBURN, Calif., - Many Sacramento area residents aren't aware that there are nearly 20 award-winning wineries right in their own backyard-along the Placer County Wine Trail.
The trail runs from Lincoln to Loomis, Newcastle to Auburn and up into Meadow Vista, which is also convenient for Reno and Tahoe residents. On August 3rd and 4th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Placer County vintners invite local residents to try the region's noteworthy wines at Grape Days of Summer, a farm-to-table wine tasting event.
Vintners are partnering with local restaurants and artisans for the annual event in which attendees will enjoy wine and barrel tastings, complementary fare, live music, vineyard tours and educational experiences. Educational activities will include sessions on winemaking, farming, sustainable practices in the vineyard and more. Tickets are $30 per person in advance and can be purchased at http://bit.ly/vKYTb3, $40 per person at the door.
Highlights of Grape Days of Summer include:
- Celebrate local agriculture at Le Casque with an Alpaca demonstration, hayrides and a historical farm tour. Food provided by Flower Farm Catering.
- Dono dal Cielo will feature the local sounds of Ghost of the Opera House on Saturday afternoon and Two Barrels Shy on Sunday afternoon. Karen McGillivray, the winery's owner, will lead educational vineyard tours at 12 and 2 p.m. both days and food will be provided by the Chef's Table.
- Have a "A Zinful Experience!" at Lone Buffalo Vineyards, where you'll experience an interactive sensory tasting, sip the winery's gold medal-winning 2010 Thunder Beast Zinfandel, and enjoy grass-fed bison and PlacerGROWN beef sliders prepared by Café' Zorro's Gourmet Garage Catering.
- Popie Wines and Ciotti Cellars will provide an interactive bottling session of a special PlacerGROWN blend of wine and the High Hand Café will provide food & wine pairings.
- Wise Villa Winery will offer guests live music and gourmet tastes from its on-site bistro.
For a Grape Days of Summer event map and other information, visit www.placerwine.com.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer Rescue Mission Targets HomelessnessRoseville, CA - Placer Rescue Mission, a faith-based, nonprofit organization, aims to transform lives and end homelessness in Placer County by providing supportive housing
Roseville Banked Robbed AgainRoseville, CA- The Bank of America at 2221 Douglas Blvd. was robbed at about 1:45 p.m. yesterday, June 29, 2016.
Ian Anderson's Progressive Path: Founding member of Jethro Tull (part 2)(Part 2) - Soon, Anderson began training as a visual artist, which he felt gave him and many of his contemporaries a unique perspective on how he approached music
West Nile Virus in Placer County Spurs Treatment SprayingRoseville, CA- The Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District reported today that six mosquito samples and one dead bird have tested positive for West Nile virus this week
Trailhead Fire Updates: Mandatory Evacuations California Fire Updates 2016: Roseville, CA- Mandatory evacuations have been expanded in Placer County as the Trailhead Fire
4th of July Events in Roseville, Lincoln and AuburnRoseville, CA- The heat is on for the 4th of July events in Roseville and Placer County.
Foresthill Fire Grows: Steep Terrain and Limited AccessCalifornia Fire Updates 2016: The growing Trailhead Fire near Foresthill is currently being reported at 12 percent containment and has tripled in size to expanded to over 1,000 acres.
Ian Anderson's Progressive Path: Founding member of Jethro TullJethro Tull is considered by many to be one of the greatest progressive rock bands of all time. And Jethro Tull's 1972 album "Thick as a Brick" is considered to be one of the best progressive rock albums ever
Abalonetti Bar and Grill in MontereyMonterey, CA - On a recent visit to Monterey, we found ourselves enjoying the sights and sounds of Old Fisherman's Wharf
Raley's Ditching Sodas Deemed UnhealthyRoseville, CA- Raley's Family of Fine Stores has announced its decision to eliminate certain Raley's private label brand soda to advance their vision of health and wellness.
Downtown Roseville Partnership and Local Homeless Shelter AllianceRoseville, CA- The Downtown Roseville Partnership (DRP), in conjunction with The Gathering Inn (TGI), have launched a day porter program within the District.
Stand Up Placer gets helping hand from U.S. BankRoseville, CA, - Stand Up Placer today received a generous grant award of $10,000 and a sponsorship award of $2,500 from U.S. Bank
NEWS: In Case You Missed It