Hiss, Squeak, Roar in Rocklin October 12th
Rocklin, CA--Let's celebrate all of those things that go bump in the night and make our skin crawl! The Sierra College Natural History Museum will be hosting our first Hiss, Squeak, Roar event.
Come face-to-face with those creatures that make us want to run in the other direction. Learn about the important role that they can play in our ecosystem and all of the good that they do for us! You may even leave the event feeling a bit better about these organisms. The event will feature local organizations that can tell you more about these organisms, lectures and activities.
A Celebration of All Those Things That Go Bump in the Night!
Saturday, October 12, 10:00am-2:00pm
- You will be able to come face-to-face with a snake, lizard or other reptile from the Northern California Herpetological Society.
- Visit our Arthropodorium, where Star EcoStation will have spiders, scorpions and cockroaches for you to cozy up to.
- The Arthropodorium will feature some of the hundreds of preserved insects that the Museum has in its collection. UC Davis' Bohart Museum will also be bringing along some arthropod friends for you to meet.
- You will never look at a creek the same again after visiting our Aquatic Assassins and Phytophagans room where you will get to look at some of the creatures lurking in these environments.
- The Paleontological Phantoms will bring you closer to those who departed thousands and millions of years ago.
- Find out what might be lurking on your unwashed hands! Do you think that the 5-second rule keeps your food safe after you drop it? Get closer to those tiny organisms that cover every part of our world and our bodies in the room of Magical Microbes.
- We will have activities for children to learn about bats and they will be able to make their own bat to take home (while supplies last).
- Dress up as your favorite scary animal and participate in our costume parade too! All participants will get a small prize (Children 12 and younger only please).
The Sierra College Rocklin Campus is located at 5000 Rocklin Road in Rocklin. Cost is $5.00 for adults ($3.00 for adult members) and $3.00 for children 4 and older. Children under 4 and children who are members attend for free! Information can be found on our website at www.sierracollege.edu/museum or you can call 916-660-7923 for more information.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville appoints Jim Maccoun next Police ChiefRoseville, Calif., - Roseville City Manager Rob Jensen announced today the appointment of Jim Maccoun as the city's next police chief.
Sierra College Wins $350,000 Makerspace Grant(ROCKLIN, CA) -Through a competitive process, Sierra College was awarded a $350,000 CCC Maker Grant, renewable for a second year
New Construction is Booming: Real Estate Watch Realtor Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, explains why we are seeing so many homes being built and what it is doing to alleviate the housing shortage.
Annual Vic's To Gunther's Ice Cream WalkEveryone's invited to join in the Sacramento Walking Sticks annual Vic's to Gunther's Ice Cream Walk, including the family dog
Annual Fab 40's Run/Walk Benefitting Alzheimer's AssociationSacramento, Calif.,- On Saturday, July 29, East Lawn will host its 10th Annual Fab 40's 5k Run/Walk benefitting the Alzheimer's Association of Northern California
Men's Cross Country Team at WJU Signs ThreeROCKLIN, Calif. - The Warriors' head men's cross country coach, Parker Daniells announced the signing of three incoming freshmen to join in the 2017 season on the course.
Roseville to Host USA Softball Fastpitch ChampionshipRoseville, Calif., - USA Softball of Sacramento and Placer Valley Tourism are teaming up to host the USA Softball Girls Fastpitch 14U Class B Western National Championship
Placer County Sheriff Devon Bell to Run for ElectionRoseville, CA) - Placer County Sheriff Devon Bell recently announced he will run for sheriff in the 2018 election.
Upcoming Fundraiser in Roseville for Malnourished ChildrenROSEVILLE - A local effort to pack hundreds of thousands of meals for malnourished children around the world is holding its annual major fundraiser on Aug. 26
California Fire Updates (7.25.17)California Fire Updates 2017: 6,100+ firefighters battling 11 significant wildfires in California.
Roseville Gas Prices Feel the HeatRoseville road warriors are once again all smiles as gas prices continue to fall in and around Placer County
Kia Sorento delivers considerable versatilityRoseville, CA- Last year's remodeling effort took the Kia Sorento to a higher level and gave it more credibility among a somewhat crowded group of midsize sport utility vehicles.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It