Hiss, Squeak, Roar in Rocklin October 12th
Rocklin, CA--Let's celebrate all of those things that go bump in the night and make our skin crawl! The Sierra College Natural History Museum will be hosting our first Hiss, Squeak, Roar event.
Come face-to-face with those creatures that make us want to run in the other direction. Learn about the important role that they can play in our ecosystem and all of the good that they do for us! You may even leave the event feeling a bit better about these organisms. The event will feature local organizations that can tell you more about these organisms, lectures and activities.
A Celebration of All Those Things That Go Bump in the Night!
Saturday, October 12, 10:00am-2:00pm
- You will be able to come face-to-face with a snake, lizard or other reptile from the Northern California Herpetological Society.
- Visit our Arthropodorium, where Star EcoStation will have spiders, scorpions and cockroaches for you to cozy up to.
- The Arthropodorium will feature some of the hundreds of preserved insects that the Museum has in its collection. UC Davis' Bohart Museum will also be bringing along some arthropod friends for you to meet.
- You will never look at a creek the same again after visiting our Aquatic Assassins and Phytophagans room where you will get to look at some of the creatures lurking in these environments.
- The Paleontological Phantoms will bring you closer to those who departed thousands and millions of years ago.
- Find out what might be lurking on your unwashed hands! Do you think that the 5-second rule keeps your food safe after you drop it? Get closer to those tiny organisms that cover every part of our world and our bodies in the room of Magical Microbes.
- We will have activities for children to learn about bats and they will be able to make their own bat to take home (while supplies last).
- Dress up as your favorite scary animal and participate in our costume parade too! All participants will get a small prize (Children 12 and younger only please).
The Sierra College Rocklin Campus is located at 5000 Rocklin Road in Rocklin. Cost is $5.00 for adults ($3.00 for adult members) and $3.00 for children 4 and older. Children under 4 and children who are members attend for free! Information can be found on our website at www.sierracollege.edu/museum or you can call 916-660-7923 for more information.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer Rescue Mission Targets HomelessnessRoseville, CA - Placer Rescue Mission, a faith-based, nonprofit organization, aims to transform lives and end homelessness in Placer County by providing supportive housing
Roseville Banked Robbed AgainRoseville, CA- The Bank of America at 2221 Douglas Blvd. was robbed at about 1:45 p.m. yesterday, June 29, 2016.
Ian Anderson's Progressive Path: Founding member of Jethro Tull (part 2)(Part 2) - Soon, Anderson began training as a visual artist, which he felt gave him and many of his contemporaries a unique perspective on how he approached music
West Nile Virus in Placer County Spurs Treatment SprayingRoseville, CA- The Placer Mosquito and Vector Control District reported today that six mosquito samples and one dead bird have tested positive for West Nile virus this week
Trailhead Fire Updates: Mandatory Evacuations California Fire Updates 2016: Roseville, CA- Mandatory evacuations have been expanded in Placer County as the Trailhead Fire
4th of July Events in Roseville, Lincoln and AuburnRoseville, CA- The heat is on for the 4th of July events in Roseville and Placer County.
Foresthill Fire Grows: Steep Terrain and Limited AccessCalifornia Fire Updates 2016: The growing Trailhead Fire near Foresthill is currently being reported at 12 percent containment and has tripled in size to expanded to over 1,000 acres.
Ian Anderson's Progressive Path: Founding member of Jethro TullJethro Tull is considered by many to be one of the greatest progressive rock bands of all time. And Jethro Tull's 1972 album "Thick as a Brick" is considered to be one of the best progressive rock albums ever
Abalonetti Bar and Grill in MontereyMonterey, CA - On a recent visit to Monterey, we found ourselves enjoying the sights and sounds of Old Fisherman's Wharf
Raley's Ditching Sodas Deemed UnhealthyRoseville, CA- Raley's Family of Fine Stores has announced its decision to eliminate certain Raley's private label brand soda to advance their vision of health and wellness.
Downtown Roseville Partnership and Local Homeless Shelter AllianceRoseville, CA- The Downtown Roseville Partnership (DRP), in conjunction with The Gathering Inn (TGI), have launched a day porter program within the District.
Stand Up Placer gets helping hand from U.S. BankRoseville, CA, - Stand Up Placer today received a generous grant award of $10,000 and a sponsorship award of $2,500 from U.S. Bank
NEWS: In Case You Missed It