Hiss, Squeak, Roar in Rocklin October 12th
Rocklin, CA--Let's celebrate all of those things that go bump in the night and make our skin crawl! The Sierra College Natural History Museum will be hosting our first Hiss, Squeak, Roar event.
Come face-to-face with those creatures that make us want to run in the other direction. Learn about the important role that they can play in our ecosystem and all of the good that they do for us! You may even leave the event feeling a bit better about these organisms. The event will feature local organizations that can tell you more about these organisms, lectures and activities.
A Celebration of All Those Things That Go Bump in the Night!
Saturday, October 12, 10:00am-2:00pm
- You will be able to come face-to-face with a snake, lizard or other reptile from the Northern California Herpetological Society.
- Visit our Arthropodorium, where Star EcoStation will have spiders, scorpions and cockroaches for you to cozy up to.
- The Arthropodorium will feature some of the hundreds of preserved insects that the Museum has in its collection. UC Davis' Bohart Museum will also be bringing along some arthropod friends for you to meet.
- You will never look at a creek the same again after visiting our Aquatic Assassins and Phytophagans room where you will get to look at some of the creatures lurking in these environments.
- The Paleontological Phantoms will bring you closer to those who departed thousands and millions of years ago.
- Find out what might be lurking on your unwashed hands! Do you think that the 5-second rule keeps your food safe after you drop it? Get closer to those tiny organisms that cover every part of our world and our bodies in the room of Magical Microbes.
- We will have activities for children to learn about bats and they will be able to make their own bat to take home (while supplies last).
- Dress up as your favorite scary animal and participate in our costume parade too! All participants will get a small prize (Children 12 and younger only please).
The Sierra College Rocklin Campus is located at 5000 Rocklin Road in Rocklin. Cost is $5.00 for adults ($3.00 for adult members) and $3.00 for children 4 and older. Children under 4 and children who are members attend for free! Information can be found on our website at www.sierracollege.edu/museum or you can call 916-660-7923 for more information.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin Charts Course for Defunct Sunset Whitney Golf Space The Rocklin City Council is scheduled to consider an opportunity proposed for the former Sunset Whitney Golf Course land at the March 28 Council Meeting.
Spring Eggstravaganza April 15-16 at Fairytale TownSacramento, Calif. - Celebrate spring with egg hunts, puppet shows, hands-on activities and more at Fairytale Town's annual Spring Eggstravaganza
Gardens of the Hills Fundraiser Tour and Crafts FairEl Dorado Hills, CA - The Assistance League of Sierra Foothills presents their 8th annual Gardens of the Hills Fundraiser Tour and Crafts Fair
Carmel Valley: Land of Honey, Wine & ArtCarmel Valley, CA- Just a short scenic drive inland from Carmel-by-the-Sea lies a delightful little village tucked in the hills that sometimes and undeservedly gets overlooked by travelers in favor of its more popular coastal neighbors.
Roseville Moose Lodge Charity Golf Tournament May 20thRoseville, CA- The Roseville Moose Lodge will be holding its second annual charity golf tournament Saturday, May 20 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club in Rocklin
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation welcomes new president and board memberAuburn - Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation announces the appointment of a new board president, Robert Frew and board member, Suzi deFosset.
Lincoln MKZ: Luxury sedan has lots to offerRoseville, CA- We test drove the 2017 Lincoln MKZ recently for a week and came away impressed.
Corky's Corner: Golden Age Mic Pre 73 ReviewRoseville, CA- If you have a budget or bedroom studio and you are looking for a Neve type Pre amp look no further. The Golden Age Pre is for you.
Roseville Gas Prices Cool as Warmer Temps Move InRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville experienced a slight dip this past week. That's good news as the forecast shows warmer spring weather finally returning to Northern California
American Sign Language Bicentennial Celebration at WJUROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University's American Sign Language (ASL) club will host "ASL Day for All" on Saturday, April 8 at 9:30 a.m. at the growing university
Chicago the TRIBUTE to play Opera House Saloon in Roseville(ROSEVILLE, CA) - Chicago the TRIBUTE, a 9-piece tribute to the band with the horns and hits will be playing the Opera House Saloon Roseville on Thursday, March 30
Roseville Criminal Activity Heats UpRoseville, CA- As the weather heats up, so does Roseville criminal activity. The Roseville police log digest update for the ten-day period covering March 10-20, 2017.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It