Hiss, Squeak, Roar in Rocklin October 12th
Rocklin, CA--Let's celebrate all of those things that go bump in the night and make our skin crawl! The Sierra College Natural History Museum will be hosting our first Hiss, Squeak, Roar event.
Come face-to-face with those creatures that make us want to run in the other direction. Learn about the important role that they can play in our ecosystem and all of the good that they do for us! You may even leave the event feeling a bit better about these organisms. The event will feature local organizations that can tell you more about these organisms, lectures and activities.
A Celebration of All Those Things That Go Bump in the Night!
Saturday, October 12, 10:00am-2:00pm
- You will be able to come face-to-face with a snake, lizard or other reptile from the Northern California Herpetological Society.
- Visit our Arthropodorium, where Star EcoStation will have spiders, scorpions and cockroaches for you to cozy up to.
- The Arthropodorium will feature some of the hundreds of preserved insects that the Museum has in its collection. UC Davis' Bohart Museum will also be bringing along some arthropod friends for you to meet.
- You will never look at a creek the same again after visiting our Aquatic Assassins and Phytophagans room where you will get to look at some of the creatures lurking in these environments.
- The Paleontological Phantoms will bring you closer to those who departed thousands and millions of years ago.
- Find out what might be lurking on your unwashed hands! Do you think that the 5-second rule keeps your food safe after you drop it? Get closer to those tiny organisms that cover every part of our world and our bodies in the room of Magical Microbes.
- We will have activities for children to learn about bats and they will be able to make their own bat to take home (while supplies last).
- Dress up as your favorite scary animal and participate in our costume parade too! All participants will get a small prize (Children 12 and younger only please).
The Sierra College Rocklin Campus is located at 5000 Rocklin Road in Rocklin. Cost is $5.00 for adults ($3.00 for adult members) and $3.00 for children 4 and older. Children under 4 and children who are members attend for free! Information can be found on our website at www.sierracollege.edu/museum or you can call 916-660-7923 for more information.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Hoteliers: Taxman Cometh Airbnb, Vacation Rentals By Owner, inns or hotels. If you provide lodging in Placer County, you're required to collect Transient Occupancy Tax
Lake Tahoe Bound? Be prepared and patientTAHOE CITY, Calif. -- As Northern California prepares for the second and third storms of a week-long string of weather systems, Placer County is reminding residents and visitors
New California Laws 2017 (Part 15)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 15 includes criminal gangs, property taxes, real estate licenses, terrorist activity, child abuse, voting: felons, human trafficking
Study: Lung Cancer Patients Not Receiving TreatmentA national study by researchers at UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center has found that a significant number of lung cancer patients are not receiving treatment.
$21 Million for Regional Small BusinessesThe Capital Region Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has surpassed significant milestones in helping regional businesses
Rocklin Preschoolers Donate to Children in NeedROCKLIN, CA, - Students at Merryhill Preschool in Rocklin collected 69 pairs of pajamas to benefit local children in need for the holidays.
Bust Water Use Myths in Water Spots Video ContestLocal area middle and high school students can win cash prizes and the opportunity to view their video on the Raley Field Jumbotron
Placer SPCA seeks 2017 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2017 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 16th annual Funny Bones Comedy & Awards Night
Beatles vs. Stones Tribute at Harlows this MarchThe debate between the Beatles and the Rolling Stones has been going on ever since they first crossed paths on the charts 53 years ago
Man Still Recovering from TBITwo years back, I featured Daniel Mignerey who somehow survived life-threatening injuries on February 6, 2015
Rocklin Library hosts Lend A Heart Therapy DogsRocklin, CA- The Doggone Good Reading Group meets the second Tuesday of every month from 3:30 to 4:30 at the Rocklin Library
Placer Vineyards granted Regional General PermitJust west of Roseville, Placer Vineyards was granted its Regional General Permit
NEWS: In Case You Missed It