Hiss, Squeak, Roar in Rocklin October 12th
Rocklin, CA--Let's celebrate all of those things that go bump in the night and make our skin crawl! The Sierra College Natural History Museum will be hosting our first Hiss, Squeak, Roar event.
Come face-to-face with those creatures that make us want to run in the other direction. Learn about the important role that they can play in our ecosystem and all of the good that they do for us! You may even leave the event feeling a bit better about these organisms. The event will feature local organizations that can tell you more about these organisms, lectures and activities.
A Celebration of All Those Things That Go Bump in the Night!
Saturday, October 12, 10:00am-2:00pm
- You will be able to come face-to-face with a snake, lizard or other reptile from the Northern California Herpetological Society.
- Visit our Arthropodorium, where Star EcoStation will have spiders, scorpions and cockroaches for you to cozy up to.
- The Arthropodorium will feature some of the hundreds of preserved insects that the Museum has in its collection. UC Davis' Bohart Museum will also be bringing along some arthropod friends for you to meet.
- You will never look at a creek the same again after visiting our Aquatic Assassins and Phytophagans room where you will get to look at some of the creatures lurking in these environments.
- The Paleontological Phantoms will bring you closer to those who departed thousands and millions of years ago.
- Find out what might be lurking on your unwashed hands! Do you think that the 5-second rule keeps your food safe after you drop it? Get closer to those tiny organisms that cover every part of our world and our bodies in the room of Magical Microbes.
- We will have activities for children to learn about bats and they will be able to make their own bat to take home (while supplies last).
- Dress up as your favorite scary animal and participate in our costume parade too! All participants will get a small prize (Children 12 and younger only please).
The Sierra College Rocklin Campus is located at 5000 Rocklin Road in Rocklin. Cost is $5.00 for adults ($3.00 for adult members) and $3.00 for children 4 and older. Children under 4 and children who are members attend for free! Information can be found on our website at www.sierracollege.edu/museum or you can call 916-660-7923 for more information.
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesAnnual Marysville Stampede Memorial Day WeekendMarysville, CA- An annual celebration of California Western and rodeo heritage, in the heart of California's cowboy country, the 83rd Annual Marysville Stampede
Downtown Woodland: Unexpected TreasureWoodland, CA- On a recent Sunday afternoon, I grabbed my wife and headed off on a rather short drive to Woodland to catch an afternoon show at the Blue Note Brewing Company.
Roseville Flash Crime Report (5.23.16)Roseville police crime report digest update for May 23, 2016.
Local Team Wins Spirit CUP at SMUD Solar RegattaRocklin, CA- The Sierra College Solar Energy program Team competed last Saturday May 14th in the Northern California SMUD Solar Regatta
Roseville Area Organization Helps Guardian Scholars ProgramRoseville, CA- Sierra College Guardian Scholars Program thanks the ALPHA DELTA KAPPA Organization for their generous donation to our Former Foster Youth
Startup Hustle Demo Night on May 26(ROCKLIN) -The newest startups in town will be making their pitches on May 26 at 1108 R Street from 5:30 to 7:30.
Placer County Water Agency Master Plan UpdateAUBURN, Calif. - At its May 19 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors received an update on the PCWA County-wide Master Plan.
Subaru BRZ: Reasonably priced old-school sports carRoseville, CA - For driving enthusiasts who want to own a light, agile car that provides an elusive fun factor while also looking cool, the smartly designed Subaru BRZ deserves a good look.
Roseville Gas Prices See DropRoseville, CA - While regional gas prices appear to have held steady, some gas station in Roseville are reporting a downward tick in prices.
Raising Awareness for Mental HealthIn the U.S., the month of May is (or was, depending on when your newspaper publishes this column) "Mental Health Awareness Month."
Roseville Flash Crime Report (5.21.16)Roseville, CA- Weekly crime report digest update summary in Roseville for the period covering May 13- 19, 2016.
Rocklin Flash Crime Report (5.21.16)Weekly flash crime report digest summary in Rocklin for the period covering May 9- 15, 2016.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It