New California Laws for 2013 (Part 35)
Part 35 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes unemployment benefits, 90 day prescriptions, child welfare, driverless cars, corporate taxes and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 35
- SB 1287 - Sport fishing licenses.
- SB 1288 - Hunting licenses.
- SB 1289 - Postsecondary education, private student loans.
- SB 1290 - Charter schools, establishment, renewal, and revocation.
- SB 1291 - Unemployment benefits, training, teacher credentialing.
- SB 1292 - School employees, principals, evaluation. Authorizes school districts to assess the performance of school principals and establishes provision to guide that evaluation process.
- SB 1294 - Public employee health benefits: Mariposa County.
- SB 1298 - Allows driverless cars to be operated on public roads for testing purposes if each vehicle has a fully licensed and bonded operator in the driver's seat to take control if necessary.
- SB 1299 - Victims of crime, compensation.
- SB 1301 - Prescription drugs, 90-day supply.
- SB 1303 - Vehicles, automated traffic enforcement systems.
- SB 1308 - Public Employment and Retirement. State human resources functions.
- SB 1309 - Human resources.
- SB 1315 - Imitation firearms, regulation, County of Los Angeles.
- SB 1316 - School attendance, early and middle college high schools.
- SB 1319 - Child welfare.
- SB 1327 - State government, business information, Internet website.
- SB 1329 - Prescription drugs, collection and distribution program.
- SB 1331 - County of San Diego Independent Redistricting Commission.
- SB 1339 - Commute benefit policies.
- SB 1341 - Corporation Tax Law, charitable corporations, exemptions, revocation.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRemedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.