New California Laws for 2013 (Part 37)
Part 37 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes domestic violence, medical information disclosure, insurance, Asian rice noodles, community colleges, and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 37
- SB 1403 - Domestic violence, permanent restraining orders and elder abuse orders.
- SB 1404 - School property, Civic Center Act.
- SB 1405 - Accountancy, military service, practice privilege. Authorizes accountants to have their licenses placed on a military inactive status while engaged in active duty in the National Guard or armed forces.
- SB 1407 - Medical information: disclosure.
- SB 1408 - Bar pilots, Monterey Bay and the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun.
- SB 1409 - The Energy Security Coordination Act of 2012. Strengthens the clean energy partnership between California and the U.S. military.
- SB 1410 - Independent medical review.
- SB 1413 - Adjutant General, support programs. Allows the Adjutant General to establish support programs, acquire facilities and solicit and accept donations for the benefit of military personnel and their families.
- SB 1421 - Mobile homes, resident-owned mobile home parks.
- SB 1425 - Juveniles, dependent children.
- SB 1433 - Domestic violence, protective orders.
- SB 1436 - Automated external defibrillators.
- SB 1446 - Naturopathic doctors.
- SB 1448 - Insurance.
- SB 1449 - Life insurance and annuities.
- SB 1450 - Mortgage guaranty insurance.
- SB 1456 - Community colleges, Seymour-Campbell Student Success Act of 2012.
- SB 1458 - School accountability, Academic Performance Index, graduation rates.
- SB 1462 - County sheriffs, release of prisoners, medical release.
- SB 1465 - Food safety, Asian rice-based noodles.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville 2014 set for May 15thPresented by the Roseville Chamber of Commerce, Roseville2014 is the region's signature business event, bringing together nearly 800 local and regional business leaders, elected officials and community influencers.
Big DoG Countdown: Placer Breast Cancer EndowmentBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Placer Breast Cancer Endowment impacts our community.
Free Seminar Targets Sexting, Child and Teen PornographyRoseville, CA -- Life Community Church is hosting a seminar entitled "Sexting and child and teen pornography.what's a parent to do?" on Sunday, April 27 from 2p.m. to 5 p.m. at its facilities, 10020 Foothills Blvd
Northern California Invitational Rugby Tournament On April 26 and 27, The Northern California Youth Rugby Association (NCYRA), in conjunction with Placer Valley Tourism, will host the 10th Annual Northern California Invitational Rugby Tournament
Roseville Crime Report Digest (4-24-14)The Roseville Police Department's crime report digest April 24, 2014.
The Great Banquet at Bayside Church May 17thJoni and Friends Sacramento will hold its annual special needs event called The Great Banquet at Bayside Church in Roseville on May 17. The free event will be a very special evening for people
Arrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville