New California Laws for 2013 (Part 38)
Part 38 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes grand jury proceedings, seized and abandoned animals, school facilities, child welfare and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 38
- SB 1466 - Peace officers, City of Los Angeles.
- SB 1474 - Grand jury proceedings, Attorney General, powers and duties.
- SB 1479 - Crime victims, restitution.
- SB 1481 - Clinical laboratories, community pharmacies.
- SB 1485 - Fuel taxes, blended fuels.
- SB 1489 - Courts, management and destruction of trial court exhibits.
- SB 1492 - Voter-approved local assessment, vehicles.
- SB 1495 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Reform Act of 2009.
- SB 1500 - Seized and abandoned animals, full costs, forfeiture.
- SB 1501 - Open-space easements.
- SB 1504 - Claims and judgments against the state, interest.
- SB 1509 - School facilities, design-build contracts.
- SB 1510 - Contracts. Tightens the bidder requirements for demonstrating that a small business, microbusiness or disabled veteran owned business will serve a commercially useful function in carrying out a state contract so that a bidder may claim a bid preference on competitive state contract awards.
- SB 1513 - State Compensation Insurance Fund, investments.
- SB 1520 - State government, administrative efficiency.
- SB 1521 - Child welfare services.
- SB 1522 - Developmental centers, reporting requirements.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesArrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville
Get in Gear for May is Bike MonthIt's time to tune up your bikes and join your neighbors and coworkers in bicycling for work, school, errands, or recreation this May during the Sacramento region's annual May is Bike Month campaign.
Sriracha Factory Courted by Oroville Economic AllianceAs the controversy continues to heat up over the possible relocation of the Sriracha factory in Irwindale, California, Oroville Economic Alliance announces its ambition to have the Sriracha plant
America's Clay Fest II Competition in RocklinGot old meds? The next county-wide medication take-back day will be on Saturday, April 26, when you can safely dispose of expired or unneeded prescription, over the counter and veterinary medication
Large Emergency Drill at Colfax High April 26thResidents need not be alarmed if they spot scores of emergency vehicles at Colfax High School on Saturday, April 26.
Big DoG Countdown: Child Advocates of Placer CountyBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Child Advocates of Placer County impacts your community.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: An Affordable Compact SUVWhen shopping for a Mitsubishi Outlander, note that there's quite a major difference between the "standard" Outlander and the Outlander Sport.