New California Laws for 2013 (Part 38)
Part 38 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes grand jury proceedings, seized and abandoned animals, school facilities, child welfare and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2013 - Segment 38
- SB 1466 - Peace officers, City of Los Angeles.
- SB 1474 - Grand jury proceedings, Attorney General, powers and duties.
- SB 1479 - Crime victims, restitution.
- SB 1481 - Clinical laboratories, community pharmacies.
- SB 1485 - Fuel taxes, blended fuels.
- SB 1489 - Courts, management and destruction of trial court exhibits.
- SB 1492 - Voter-approved local assessment, vehicles.
- SB 1495 - Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Reform Act of 2009.
- SB 1500 - Seized and abandoned animals, full costs, forfeiture.
- SB 1501 - Open-space easements.
- SB 1504 - Claims and judgments against the state, interest.
- SB 1509 - School facilities, design-build contracts.
- SB 1510 - Contracts. Tightens the bidder requirements for demonstrating that a small business, microbusiness or disabled veteran owned business will serve a commercially useful function in carrying out a state contract so that a bidder may claim a bid preference on competitive state contract awards.
- SB 1513 - State Compensation Insurance Fund, investments.
- SB 1520 - State government, administrative efficiency.
- SB 1521 - Child welfare services.
- SB 1522 - Developmental centers, reporting requirements.
All of California's Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRemedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.