New California Laws for 2014 (Part 1)
Part 1 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes minimum wage, medical experiments, childhood arrivals, child welfare, firearms magazine capacity and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Segment 1
- AB 0004 Ch. 570 State government: federal immigration policy enforcement.
- AB 0008 Ch. 401 * Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: funding programs. Effective September 28, 2013.
- AB 0010 Ch. 351 Minimum wage: annual adjustment.
- AB 0011 Ch. 120 Employees: reserve peace officers and emergency rescue personnel.
- AB 0014 Ch. 223 State freight plan.
- AB 0016 Ch. 763 Domestic violence: corporal injury.
- AB 0020 Ch. 143 Obscene matter: minors.
- AB 0021 Ch. 628 Safe Drinking Water Small Community Emergency Grant Fund.
- AB 0030 Ch. Water quality.
- AB 0032 Ch. 608 * Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments. Effective October 07, 2013.
- AB 0034 Ch. 641 State historical resources.
- AB 0035 Ch. 571Deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- AB 0044 Ch. 258 Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act: bidding practices.
- AB 0048 Ch. 728 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
- AB 0056 Ch. 475 School facilities: carbon monoxide devices.
- AB 0058 Ch. 547 Medical experiments: human subjects.
- AB 0060 Ch. 524 Driver's licenses: eligibility: required documentation.
- AB 0061 Ch. 71 Parking: parking meters.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect upon passage.)
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin Flash Crime Report (7.29.16)Rocklin, CA- Weekly crime report update summary for Rocklin, covering the period of July 18 - 24, 2016.
22 Year Old Suspected in Rocklin Bank RobberyRocklin, CA- On July 25, 2016, the El Dorado Sheriff's Office arrested David Jarrell (age 22, from El Dorado Hills, Ca) for the robbery of the US Bank
Roseville Flash Crime Report (7.29.16)Roseville, CA- Crime report digest summary update for Roseville, covering the period of July 23-26, 2016.
Pediatric Dialysis Center Opens at UC Davis Children's HospitalUC Davis Children's Hospital recently opened a new pediatric dialysis center, where patients and their families will be trained on home-based peritoneal dialysis.
Marriage Insight from a Sports ColumnistLast column, I featured Paul Daugherty, nationally acclaimed Cincinnati Enquirer sports columnist, whose daughter Jillian was born with Down syndrome.
County Views Infrastructure Program as a Win-WinAUBURN, Calif. -- Community development and public works projects in Placer County will soon be cheaper and faster after the county board of supervisors voted unanimously
Real Estate: We Still Want to Own Our Home!Roseville, CA- Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the recently released Housing Report from Harvard University.
Senior Softball Championship in Roseville and LincolnRoseville, CA - Senior Softball is heating up Placer Valley August 2-7 when the 16th Annual Western National Championships swings into Roseville and Lincoln.
Solitary Cellars 2014 Barbera WineRoseville, CA- What better way to start our new Wine Section than with a wine that is famously friendly in its ability to easily pair with a wide variety a foods.
Rachel Constantini named WJU's Interim Women's Soccer CoachROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University Athletic Director Lance Von Vogt announced recently that Rachel Constantini will be taking over as Interim Head Women's Soccer Coach.
Let's Get Uncorked: Wine Review SectionRoseville, CA- Election Day is rapidly approaching and the time is ripe for serious discussion. In California, few things are as serious as wine.
Dead & Company: Perfect Dose of Party Unity Wheatland, CA- With 107 degrees in the forecast, it's going to be a hot show. Weather aside, Dead & Company continue racking up one incredible performance after another
NEWS: In Case You Missed It