New California Laws for 2014 (Part 1)
Part 1 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes minimum wage, medical experiments, childhood arrivals, child welfare, firearms magazine capacity and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Segment 1
- AB 0004 Ch. 570 State government: federal immigration policy enforcement.
- AB 0008 Ch. 401 * Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: funding programs. Effective September 28, 2013.
- AB 0010 Ch. 351 Minimum wage: annual adjustment.
- AB 0011 Ch. 120 Employees: reserve peace officers and emergency rescue personnel.
- AB 0014 Ch. 223 State freight plan.
- AB 0016 Ch. 763 Domestic violence: corporal injury.
- AB 0020 Ch. 143 Obscene matter: minors.
- AB 0021 Ch. 628 Safe Drinking Water Small Community Emergency Grant Fund.
- AB 0030 Ch. Water quality.
- AB 0032 Ch. 608 * Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments. Effective October 07, 2013.
- AB 0034 Ch. 641 State historical resources.
- AB 0035 Ch. 571Deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- AB 0044 Ch. 258 Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act: bidding practices.
- AB 0048 Ch. 728 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
- AB 0056 Ch. 475 School facilities: carbon monoxide devices.
- AB 0058 Ch. 547 Medical experiments: human subjects.
- AB 0060 Ch. 524 Driver's licenses: eligibility: required documentation.
- AB 0061 Ch. 71 Parking: parking meters.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect upon passage.)
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer Land Trust Acquires 40 Acres along North Fork of American RiverPlacer Land Trust is very pleased to announce that in early April it acquired 40 acres of gorgeous land along the North Fork American River at the bottom of the Green Valley Trail.
$20 Pet Adoptions at Placer County's Auburn ShelterFacing a spring surplus of rescue pets - and in celebration of National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day April 30 - Placer County's Auburn animal services center will lower adoption fees
Roseville Hosts I Love the 80's Fun RunRoseville, CA- On Sunday, May 1, 2016, the City of Roseville will host the I Love the 80's Fun Run in Downtown Roseville.
Yomen Spring Celebration in RosevilleYomen spring celebration in Roseville is free community event at Maidu Museum & Historic Site on April 30, 2016.
Roseville Man Arrested for Child Molestation in Bay AreaJames McNealy Carroll, a 64 year-old Roseville resident has been arrested for six counts of child molestation.
Vacancies: Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory BoardThe Placer County Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board is in need of additional community members to fill vacant seats.
Distance Language Intervention and Disabilities CommunicationSean Sawicki, who has fragile X syndrome, can be hard to understand and doesn't always have the attention span to carry on a sustained conversation
Sutter Buttes Bike Poker Run & Wine Tasting May 14thSutter, CA - Visit Yuba-Sutter will host the annual Sutter Buttes Bike Poker Run and Wine Tasting event on May 14, 2016.
Roseville's Greener Gardens Tour & DIY Expo Roseville, CA- Join hundreds of people for Roseville's Greener Gardens Tour and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Expo on Saturday, May 14th
Holly Heinzen reflects on 31-year career in serviceAfter making it through her first day, wondering if she would even be able to make it up the hill and into the parking lot, Heinzen had found a place where she would spend the duration of her career
Autism: Pool and Water Safety TipsRoseville, CA- April is National Autism Awareness month. Drowning is a leading cause of death for children and adults who have Autism.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in AuburnAuburn -The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) and the City of Auburn will host a ribbon cutting celebration to recognize the installation of two new electric vehicle
NEWS: In Case You Missed It