New California Laws for 2014 (Part 1)
Part 1 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes minimum wage, medical experiments, childhood arrivals, child welfare, firearms magazine capacity and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Segment 1
- AB 0004 Ch. 570 State government: federal immigration policy enforcement.
- AB 0008 Ch. 401 * Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: funding programs. Effective September 28, 2013.
- AB 0010 Ch. 351 Minimum wage: annual adjustment.
- AB 0011 Ch. 120 Employees: reserve peace officers and emergency rescue personnel.
- AB 0014 Ch. 223 State freight plan.
- AB 0016 Ch. 763 Domestic violence: corporal injury.
- AB 0020 Ch. 143 Obscene matter: minors.
- AB 0021 Ch. 628 Safe Drinking Water Small Community Emergency Grant Fund.
- AB 0030 Ch. Water quality.
- AB 0032 Ch. 608 * Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments. Effective October 07, 2013.
- AB 0034 Ch. 641 State historical resources.
- AB 0035 Ch. 571Deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- AB 0044 Ch. 258 Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act: bidding practices.
- AB 0048 Ch. 728 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
- AB 0056 Ch. 475 School facilities: carbon monoxide devices.
- AB 0058 Ch. 547 Medical experiments: human subjects.
- AB 0060 Ch. 524 Driver's licenses: eligibility: required documentation.
- AB 0061 Ch. 71 Parking: parking meters.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect upon passage.)
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesHoliday in the Hills on the Placer Wine Trail in DecemberRoseville, CA, - Come join us and help celebrate the holidays on the Placer Wine Trail to benefit Toys for Tots. Enjoy the holidays in Placer County
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Comes to Life at This EventSacramento, Calif. - Dr. Seuss' beloved holiday tale "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will come to life at Fairytale Town's annual Winter Wonderland event.
California Bowl in Roseville November 24- 26Roseville, CA - Nov. 16, 2017 -One of the most competitive and exciting youth football tournaments on the west coast returns to Roseville over Thanksgiving weekend.
Kids with Disabilities to Get Help with Telemedicine Program (Sacramento, Calif.) - The UC Davis Department of Pediatrics has received a $2 million, five-year grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to fund a new telemedicine program
Gun Scare in Roseville at Woodcreek HighRoseville, CA, - Roseville Police find loaded handgun following alert from Woodcreek High Students.
Ford can 'Focus' on its futureRoseville, CA,- Not many people are probably aware, but the Ford Focus has been among the top-selling cars in the world, and even held the top spot in 2013.
$1.5 Million in Grants for Sacramento-area NonprofitsRoseville, CA,- Kaiser Permanente has awarded 52 grants totaling more than $1.5 million to local not-for-profit organizations, schools and public entities in Sacramento, Yolo and Placer counties.
Roseville Gas Prices Up 20 Percent Year from Last YearRoseville, CA,- Gas prices in Roseville ticked up slightly this past week. Following on the heels on California's $5 billion a year gas tax hike
Holiday Safety Tips by Roseville Police Dept.Roseville, CA,- The holiday season is a busy and festive time. While you're busy preparing, criminals are stepping up their efforts to increase their holiday haul.
Fishing Club Monthly Breakfast in AuburnThe Rooster Tails Fishing Club monthly breakfast will be held at the Auburn Elks Lodge at 195 Pine Street in Auburn on November 17
Placer County Regional Bikeway Plan UpdateAs Placer County experiences dramatic growth in population, new homes and businesses, the popularity of cycling grows at the same time
Orange is New Pink 5K Walk for Breast CancerOrange is the New Pink 5K Walk for Breast Cancer will take place Sunday, Dec. 3 at Mandarin Hill Orchards in Penryn
NEWS: In Case You Missed It