New California Laws for 2014 (Part 1)
Part 1 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes minimum wage, medical experiments, childhood arrivals, child welfare, firearms magazine capacity and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Segment 1
- AB 0004 Ch. 570 State government: federal immigration policy enforcement.
- AB 0008 Ch. 401 * Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: funding programs. Effective September 28, 2013.
- AB 0010 Ch. 351 Minimum wage: annual adjustment.
- AB 0011 Ch. 120 Employees: reserve peace officers and emergency rescue personnel.
- AB 0014 Ch. 223 State freight plan.
- AB 0016 Ch. 763 Domestic violence: corporal injury.
- AB 0020 Ch. 143 Obscene matter: minors.
- AB 0021 Ch. 628 Safe Drinking Water Small Community Emergency Grant Fund.
- AB 0030 Ch. Water quality.
- AB 0032 Ch. 608 * Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments. Effective October 07, 2013.
- AB 0034 Ch. 641 State historical resources.
- AB 0035 Ch. 571Deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- AB 0044 Ch. 258 Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act: bidding practices.
- AB 0048 Ch. 728 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
- AB 0056 Ch. 475 School facilities: carbon monoxide devices.
- AB 0058 Ch. 547 Medical experiments: human subjects.
- AB 0060 Ch. 524 Driver's licenses: eligibility: required documentation.
- AB 0061 Ch. 71 Parking: parking meters.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect upon passage.)
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines3 Rocklin Restaurants Hit by BurglarRocklin, CA - On the morning of February 4, 2016 between the hour of 1:30 AM and 2:30 AM, three closed take-out style restaurants
Roseville Housing Authority Nabs Highest HUD RatingRoseville, CA- For the 11th consecutive year, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) named the Roseville Housing Authority
Local Woman Honored for Cancer AdvocacyRoseville, CA - Former educator and Granite Bay mother of three Laura Tyrrell was honored at the Stars of Advocacy Inaugural Gala Fundraiser.
New California Laws for 2016 (Part 33)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Part 33 includes Medical marijuana, Real estate investments, Housing standards, Disorderly conduct, Housing standards: mold, and more.
PET/CT Mobile Imaging Unit to serve Roseville Area CommunitiesA state-of-the-art PET/CT mobile imaging unit designed to serve patients in Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville and surrounding communities is located in Lincoln.
The Addams Family at Folsom Harris Center The Addams Family which will run February 19-28, 2016 at the Harris Center in Folsom, California.
Respected Fishing Expert in Auburn on February 19thThe Rooster Tails Fishing Club second breakfast of 2016 will be held at the Auburn Elks Lodge on February 19.
Mexican Nationals Wanted on Weapons ChargesThe Placer County Sheriff's Office arrested Pedro Madrigal Ortiz, 25, a Mexican national, early this morning
New California Laws for 2016 (Part 32)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Part 32 includes Workers' compensation, Consumer protection, California Community Colleges, Discrimination, erroneous conviction and more.
Sutter Medical Center Foundation New Board MembersRoseville, CA. - Sutter Medical Center Foundation has announced the addition of six new community members to its Board of Trustees.
Roseville Teams with County in Bucks for BikesRoseville, CA- The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) and City of Roseville are offering subsidies of 50% up to $200 toward the cost of commuter bikes
Roseville Run for Freedom Raising Awareness for Human TraffickingRoseville, CA- Started by a group of teenage girls, Roseville Run for Freedom is a charity 5k that aims to raise awareness about human trafficking and funds for a local non-profit, The Grace Network.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It