New California Laws for 2014 (Part 1)
Part 1 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes minimum wage, medical experiments, childhood arrivals, child welfare, firearms magazine capacity and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Segment 1
- AB 0004 Ch. 570 State government: federal immigration policy enforcement.
- AB 0008 Ch. 401 * Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: funding programs. Effective September 28, 2013.
- AB 0010 Ch. 351 Minimum wage: annual adjustment.
- AB 0011 Ch. 120 Employees: reserve peace officers and emergency rescue personnel.
- AB 0014 Ch. 223 State freight plan.
- AB 0016 Ch. 763 Domestic violence: corporal injury.
- AB 0020 Ch. 143 Obscene matter: minors.
- AB 0021 Ch. 628 Safe Drinking Water Small Community Emergency Grant Fund.
- AB 0030 Ch. Water quality.
- AB 0032 Ch. 608 * Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments. Effective October 07, 2013.
- AB 0034 Ch. 641 State historical resources.
- AB 0035 Ch. 571Deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- AB 0044 Ch. 258 Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act: bidding practices.
- AB 0048 Ch. 728 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
- AB 0056 Ch. 475 School facilities: carbon monoxide devices.
- AB 0058 Ch. 547 Medical experiments: human subjects.
- AB 0060 Ch. 524 Driver's licenses: eligibility: required documentation.
- AB 0061 Ch. 71 Parking: parking meters.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect upon passage.)
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesBottleRock Napa Valley 2018 Lineup and Single Day Passes NAPA, CA- Single day general admission and VIP passes for the sixth annual BottleRock Napa Valley music, wine, food and craft brew festival, presented by JaM Cellars on May 25 - 27, 2018
Toyota C-HR, a stylish new subcompact SUV unveiledRoseville, CA- The all-new 2018 Toyota C-HR, a subcompact crossover sport utility vehicle that is similar to a hatchback.
Roseville Gas Prices Up: Where You Can Save MoneyRoseville, CA,- Residents in Roseville and throughout Placer County have watched as gas prices have pushed upward to being the new year.
WJU Warriors Clinch First Conference Win over HopeROCKLIN, Calif. - The Lady Warriors took Horton Court for the second time this week, last taking on No. 1 in the nation,
Roseville Teacher Under Investigation for Sexual Harassment Following ArticleRoseville, CA- An email went out this morning in Roseville addressing concerns over a Roseville teacher who is under investigation relating to allegations of sexual harassment and unprofessional behavior
Placer County Appoints New CEOAuburn, CA,- Following a nationwide search, Placer County has selected Todd Leopold as its new county executive officer.
Rocklin completes purchase of former Sunset Whitney Golf ClubRocklin, CA,- The City of Rocklin has completed the purchase of approximately 184 acres of land that was previously the site of the Rocklin Golf Club
Former Roseville Mayor Rocky Rockholm DiesRoseville, CA,- Former Roseville Mayor and Placer County District I Supervisor F.C. "Rocky" Rockholm passed away yesterday after a short illness at the age of 73.
3,200 False Burglar Alarms in Roseville in One YearThe Roseville Police Department responded to approximately 3,200 false burglar alarms in 2016. That's an average of 8.75 service calls every day of the year for a non-crime purpose
Placer SPCA Searches for the Hero Next DoorRoseville, Calif. - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2018 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 17th Annual Funny Bones Comedy Show & Awards Night
Placer Community Foundation's 2018 Scholarship Applications Placer Community Foundation invites local high school seniors and current college students to apply for scholarship awards for the 2018-2019 year
BottleRock Napa Valley Sells Out of 3-Day Festival PassesNAPA, CA - January 9, 2018: BottleRock Napa Valley, presented by JaM Cellars, has announced that all 3-day passes for the sixth annual music, wine, food and craft brew festival have sold out.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It