New California Laws for 2014 (Part 1)
Part 1 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes minimum wage, medical experiments, childhood arrivals, child welfare, firearms magazine capacity and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Segment 1
- AB 0004 Ch. 570 State government: federal immigration policy enforcement.
- AB 0008 Ch. 401 * Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: funding programs. Effective September 28, 2013.
- AB 0010 Ch. 351 Minimum wage: annual adjustment.
- AB 0011 Ch. 120 Employees: reserve peace officers and emergency rescue personnel.
- AB 0014 Ch. 223 State freight plan.
- AB 0016 Ch. 763 Domestic violence: corporal injury.
- AB 0020 Ch. 143 Obscene matter: minors.
- AB 0021 Ch. 628 Safe Drinking Water Small Community Emergency Grant Fund.
- AB 0030 Ch. Water quality.
- AB 0032 Ch. 608 * Insurance taxes: income taxes: credits: community development financial institution investments. Effective October 07, 2013.
- AB 0034 Ch. 641 State historical resources.
- AB 0035 Ch. 571Deferred action for childhood arrivals.
- AB 0044 Ch. 258 Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act: bidding practices.
- AB 0048 Ch. 728 Firearms: large-capacity magazines.
- AB 0056 Ch. 475 School facilities: carbon monoxide devices.
- AB 0058 Ch. 547 Medical experiments: human subjects.
- AB 0060 Ch. 524 Driver's licenses: eligibility: required documentation.
- AB 0061 Ch. 71 Parking: parking meters.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect upon passage.)
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville & Rocklin: Top 10 Free Things To DoRoseville, CA- Having a great time can get expensive. It doesn't always have to be. If you're looking to cut back or have a growing family, it's time to get a little creative
Former NFL QB Jeff Kemp to Speak at Catta VerderaFormer NFL quarterback Jeff Kemp will be guest speaker Thursday, Sept. 8 at Catta Verdera Country Club in Lincoln.
California Fires Update Summary (8.27.16)Over 12,300 firefighters are battling 10 large wildfires in California. Despite mild temperatures yesterday, dry and gusty conditions
Music: 10 Great Albums Worth a ListenRoseville, CA- Music tastes are as subjective as it gets, but few things are as fun as music opinions.
California's Return-to-Prison Rate FallsThe rate at which people return to prison has consistently trended downward since fiscal year 2005-2006 when the rate was 67.5 percent.
Rocklin Flash Crime Report (8.26.16)Rocklin, CA- Police activity digest update in Rocklin for the period covering August 15- 21, 2016.
Food Truck Cinema Sept. 16 at Woodcreek Golf ClubRoseville, CA- Woodcreek Golf Club in Roseville will host its inaugural Food Truck Cinema on Friday, Sept. 16 at its driving range.
Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation Benefit Golf TournamentRoseville, Calif. - On Sept. 9, Sutter Roseville Medical Center Foundation will host its 30th Annual Benefit Golf Tournament and Dinner
Hope for Less Invasive Tests for Bacterial Infections in Babies(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Physicians from Children's Hospital of Michigan, UC Davis Medical Center and Nationwide Children's Hospital, in collaboration with 19 other pediatric emergency departments
Legislature Votes to Extend Emergency Tax ReliefSacramento - Legislation sponsored by Board of Equalization Member George Runner and fellow BOE members cleared the Legislature yesterday when the State Assembly
WJU School Year Begins Amidst Continued GrowthROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University began its 2016-17 academic year August 22 with the largest enrollment in the university's 77-year history.
Molly Ringwald at Rocklin's Quarry Park September 17thRocklin, Calif. - Golden Globe nominated actress and jazz musician Molly Ringwald descends into Rocklin's Quarry Park Amphitheater on Saturday, September 17
NEWS: In Case You Missed It