New California Laws for 2014 (Part 3)
Part 3 in our annual series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes assault weapons, education finance, property insurance, water treatment, fire safety, family law and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 3
- AB 0093 Ch. 69 * Economic development: taxation: credits,deductions, exemptions, and net operating losses. Effective July 11, 2013.
- AB 0094 Ch. 50 * Education finance: higher education. Effective July 01, 2013.
- AB 0097 Ch. 47 * School finance. Effective July 01, 2013.
- AB 0098 Ch. 27 * Property insurance: Seismic Safety Account. Effective June 27, 2013.
- AB 0101 Ch. 354 * Budget Act of 2013. Effective September 26, 2013.
- AB 0106 Ch. 355 * Economic development: taxation: credits. Effective September 26, 2013.
- AB 0110 Ch. 20 * Assembly Member Blumenfield Budget Act of 2013. Effective June 27, 2013.
- AB 0113 Ch. 3 * Budget Act of 2012. Effective May 01, 2013.
- AB 0115 Ch. 630 Assembly Member Perea Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
- AB 0116 Ch. 62 * Land use: subdivision maps: expiration dates. Effective July 11, 2013.
- AB 0117 Ch. 193 State government: financial and administrative accountability.
- AB 0118 Ch. 631 Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
- AB 0119 Ch. 403 Water treatment devices.
- AB 0120 Ch. 632 Underground storage tanks: school districts.
- AB 0121 Ch. 224 Counties: disposition of real property.
- AB 0123 Ch. 476 Pupil instruction: social sciences: farm labor movement: Filipinos.
- AB 0127 Ch. 579 Fire safety: fire retardants: building insulation.
- AB 0170 Ch. 729 Assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles.
- AB 0173 Ch. 262 Postsecondary education: Small Business Procurement and Contract Act.
- AB 0176 Ch. 263 Family law: protective and restraining orders.
- AB 0178 Ch. 131 Highways: exit information signs.
- AB 0179 Ch. 375 Public transit: electronic transit fare collection systems: disclosure of personal information.
- AB 0182 Ch. 477 Bonds: school districts and community college districts.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesTahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.