New California Laws for 2014 (Part 4)
Part 4 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes statute of limitations, assault weapons, high school graduation, classified employees workweek, cancer treatment, criminal history, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 4
- AB 0184 Ch. 765 Statute of limitations.
- AB 0191 Ch. 669 CalFresh: categorical eligibility.
- AB 0195 Ch. 121 Counties: construction projects:design-build.
- AB 0201 Ch. 529 Office of Small Business Advocate: small business financial development corporations: Internet Web site information.
- AB 0205 Ch. 766 Public employees' retirement: pension fund management.
- AB 0206 Ch. 95 Vehicles: length limitations: buses: bicycle transportation devices.
- AB 0210 Ch. 194 Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda and the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 0212 Ch. 362 Unclaimed property.
- AB 0214 Ch. 498 Voting: state of emergency.
- AB 0216 Ch. 324 * High school graduation requirements:pupils in foster care. Effective September 23, 2013.
- AB 0217 Ch. 609 Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
- AB 0218 Ch. 699 Employment applications: criminal history. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014.
- AB 0219 Ch. 661 Health care coverage: cancer treatment.
- AB 0221 Ch. 154 Recycled concrete.
- AB 0224 Ch. 404 Agricultural products: direct marketing: community-supported agriculture.
- AB 0226 Ch. 73 Classified employees: school police: workweek.
- AB 0227 Ch. 581 *Proposition 65: enforcement. Effective October 05, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPediatric Dialysis Center Opens at UC Davis Children's HospitalUC Davis Children's Hospital recently opened a new pediatric dialysis center, where patients and their families will be trained on home-based peritoneal dialysis.
Marriage Insight from a Sports ColumnistLast column, I featured Paul Daugherty, nationally acclaimed Cincinnati Enquirer sports columnist, whose daughter Jillian was born with Down syndrome.
County Views Infrastructure Program as a Win-WinAUBURN, Calif. -- Community development and public works projects in Placer County will soon be cheaper and faster after the county board of supervisors voted unanimously
Real Estate: We Still Want to Own Our Home!Roseville, CA- Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the recently released Housing Report from Harvard University.
Senior Softball Championship in Roseville and LincolnRoseville, CA - Senior Softball is heating up Placer Valley August 2-7 when the 16th Annual Western National Championships swings into Roseville and Lincoln.
Solitary Cellars 2014 Barbera WineRoseville, CA- What better way to start our new Wine Section than with a wine that is famously friendly in its ability to easily pair with a wide variety a foods.
Rachel Constantini named WJU's Interim Women's Soccer CoachROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University Athletic Director Lance Von Vogt announced recently that Rachel Constantini will be taking over as Interim Head Women's Soccer Coach.
Let's Get Uncorked: Wine Review SectionRoseville, CA- Election Day is rapidly approaching and the time is ripe for serious discussion. In California, few things are as serious as wine.
Dead & Company: Perfect Dose of Party Unity Wheatland, CA- With 105 degrees in the forecast, it's going to be a hot show. Weather aside, Dead & Company continue racking up one incredible performance after another
Baby Boomer Festival and Expo in Roseville on August 13thRoseville, CA- The Baby Boomer Festival and Expo is scheduled for Saturday, August 13th at the Placer County Fair and Events Center in Roseville.
Treating Addiction: Placer County Seeks New ApproachPlacer County is developing a new approach to addiction treatment that treats addiction as a disease, and coordinates addiction services across county departments
Sierra College's Tech Ed Skills on ABC's BattleBotsRocklin, CA - Sierra College Mechatronics Professor Tony Osladil and his former student Jeff Gomez were invited to be on a team for this summer's BattleBots
NEWS: In Case You Missed It