New California Laws for 2014 (Part 4)
Part 4 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes statute of limitations, assault weapons, high school graduation, classified employees workweek, cancer treatment, criminal history, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 4
- AB 0184 Ch. 765 Statute of limitations.
- AB 0191 Ch. 669 CalFresh: categorical eligibility.
- AB 0195 Ch. 121 Counties: construction projects:design-build.
- AB 0201 Ch. 529 Office of Small Business Advocate: small business financial development corporations: Internet Web site information.
- AB 0205 Ch. 766 Public employees' retirement: pension fund management.
- AB 0206 Ch. 95 Vehicles: length limitations: buses: bicycle transportation devices.
- AB 0210 Ch. 194 Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda and the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 0212 Ch. 362 Unclaimed property.
- AB 0214 Ch. 498 Voting: state of emergency.
- AB 0216 Ch. 324 * High school graduation requirements:pupils in foster care. Effective September 23, 2013.
- AB 0217 Ch. 609 Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
- AB 0218 Ch. 699 Employment applications: criminal history. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014.
- AB 0219 Ch. 661 Health care coverage: cancer treatment.
- AB 0221 Ch. 154 Recycled concrete.
- AB 0224 Ch. 404 Agricultural products: direct marketing: community-supported agriculture.
- AB 0226 Ch. 73 Classified employees: school police: workweek.
- AB 0227 Ch. 581 *Proposition 65: enforcement. Effective October 05, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Follow Us On Facebook
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRenewable Energy Job Training for Local StudentsRoseville - More than 25 local students from Sierra College have now gained invaluable hands-on training for jobs in the fast growing field of renewable energy
Placer SPCA waiving Adoption Fees in DecemberRoseville, CA - The Placer SPCA is thrilled to announce that every animal adoption fee will be waived from December 1st through December 31st
New California Laws 2017 - Part 1Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 1 includes racial mascots, immigration, tobacco, marijuana, search warrants, mental health and much more.
27th Annual Holiday Craft Fair in Roseville Roseville, CA - The 27th Annual Holiday Craft Fair in Roseville takes place this Saturday at Maidu Community Center.
Roseville Flash Crime Report: Mail Theft on the RiseRoseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department's public police activity report for the period covering November 15-28, 2016.
Football Championship West in Roseville and RocklinRoseville, CA - The Football University (FBU) National Championship West region games will take place on Dec. 2-5 in Roseville and Rocklin.
Local Businesses Warned About Potential ScamThe California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) is warning ABC licensees and the public of a possible scam in both Northern and Southern California involving persons
18th Annual Holiday Show and Sale in RocklinRocklin, CA - The Ridley Gallery at Sierra College Rocklin Campus is proud to announce our Eighteenth Annual Holiday Show and Sale
Volunteer for Elves for the ElderlySeniors First, a Placer County non-profit organization focused on providing programs and services for our area's elderly, is continuing their holiday gift program
Children's Christmas Faire in AuburnAUBURN - Santa is high in demand this season but will be stopping by the Children's Christmas Faire for free photo opportunities for 400 local children
Free Band Concert in Rocklin at Sierra CollegeRocklin, CA - The Sierra College Music Department is proud to present the 33rd Annual Sierra College District High School Honor Band Concert
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Tickets On SaleDisney announced that tickets for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be available online starting Monday, November 28th
NEWS: In Case You Missed It