New California Laws for 2014 (Part 4)
Part 4 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes statute of limitations, assault weapons, high school graduation, classified employees workweek, cancer treatment, criminal history, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 4
- AB 0184 Ch. 765 Statute of limitations.
- AB 0191 Ch. 669 CalFresh: categorical eligibility.
- AB 0195 Ch. 121 Counties: construction projects:design-build.
- AB 0201 Ch. 529 Office of Small Business Advocate: small business financial development corporations: Internet Web site information.
- AB 0205 Ch. 766 Public employees' retirement: pension fund management.
- AB 0206 Ch. 95 Vehicles: length limitations: buses: bicycle transportation devices.
- AB 0210 Ch. 194 Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda and the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 0212 Ch. 362 Unclaimed property.
- AB 0214 Ch. 498 Voting: state of emergency.
- AB 0216 Ch. 324 * High school graduation requirements:pupils in foster care. Effective September 23, 2013.
- AB 0217 Ch. 609 Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
- AB 0218 Ch. 699 Employment applications: criminal history. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014.
- AB 0219 Ch. 661 Health care coverage: cancer treatment.
- AB 0221 Ch. 154 Recycled concrete.
- AB 0224 Ch. 404 Agricultural products: direct marketing: community-supported agriculture.
- AB 0226 Ch. 73 Classified employees: school police: workweek.
- AB 0227 Ch. 581 *Proposition 65: enforcement. Effective October 05, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesSierra College CACT Partnership Wins AwardSierra College, the California Conservation Corps and Golden Sierra Job Training Agency were recognized by the Placer County Economic Development Board
David Boesch Honored at North Lake Tahoe Awards DinnerPlacer County Executive Officer David Boesch was presented the Public Servant of the Year Award at the North Lake Tahoe 61st Annual Community Awards
Garth Brooks Tickets: Six Nights in SacramentoSaddle up cowboys and cowgirls! Garth Brooks will be making the first California appearance on his current world tour
Vacation Deals: On Tight BudgetsLet's face it, we all love our vacation time. A time to break off from everyday routines, ditch a portion of the responsibility we call life and enjoy doing what we love
Joyce and Jim Raley Teel & Joseph Gallo HonoredMore than 700 guests came out to honor Joyce and Jim Raley Teel, Raley's Family of Fine Stores and Joseph E. Gallo at their induction into the California Grocers Association Educational
Roseville Solar City Location Looks to Fill 300 JobsSolarCity , one of the nation's leading solar providers, announced its move into a vast new Roseville, California office to accommodate its growing local staff.
Republicans Start Swinging in Auburn Golf BattleAuburn, CA- The temperature are rising and Republicans will be heating it up in Auburn at the 4th Annual Placer County Republican Golf Tournament
Top 100 Paying Jobs in California (Part 5)Part 5 in the countdown to #1 to the Top 100 Paying Jobs in California
Jessica's Law Enforcement Changes Prompt ResponseJessica's Law authors George and Sharon Runner today responded to a decision by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to stop enforcing Jessica's Law residency
Maria Menounos: Special Olympics Global AmbassadorThe Special Olympics has announced that author and television personality Maria Menounos of E! is joining the Special Olympics family as the movement's newest Global Ambassador.
Van Halen to play Shoreline Amphitheatre on July 16For Northern California fans, Van Halen's only scheduled area appearance will take place at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View on July 16.
Rocklin Home for Sale: Retreat at Whitney OaksA brand new, custom home on Whitney Oaks golf course lot is now available in Rocklin.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It