New California Laws for 2014 (Part 4)
Part 4 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes statute of limitations, assault weapons, high school graduation, classified employees workweek, cancer treatment, criminal history, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 4
- AB 0184 Ch. 765 Statute of limitations.
- AB 0191 Ch. 669 CalFresh: categorical eligibility.
- AB 0195 Ch. 121 Counties: construction projects:design-build.
- AB 0201 Ch. 529 Office of Small Business Advocate: small business financial development corporations: Internet Web site information.
- AB 0205 Ch. 766 Public employees' retirement: pension fund management.
- AB 0206 Ch. 95 Vehicles: length limitations: buses: bicycle transportation devices.
- AB 0210 Ch. 194 Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda and the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 0212 Ch. 362 Unclaimed property.
- AB 0214 Ch. 498 Voting: state of emergency.
- AB 0216 Ch. 324 * High school graduation requirements:pupils in foster care. Effective September 23, 2013.
- AB 0217 Ch. 609 Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
- AB 0218 Ch. 699 Employment applications: criminal history. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014.
- AB 0219 Ch. 661 Health care coverage: cancer treatment.
- AB 0221 Ch. 154 Recycled concrete.
- AB 0224 Ch. 404 Agricultural products: direct marketing: community-supported agriculture.
- AB 0226 Ch. 73 Classified employees: school police: workweek.
- AB 0227 Ch. 581 *Proposition 65: enforcement. Effective October 05, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesEstate Planning Workshop in Granite Bay June 2Roseville, CA- Come out for an informative seminar with Bill Walker to learn how about smart estate planning on Thursday, June 2, 2016.
Roseville Ride: Miner's Ravine Trail Roseville, CA- A great place to go solo or bring the family, Miner's Ravine Trail offers a great escape for those looking to get away without the hassle or cost of a more time consuming adventure.
3 Arrested in West Roseville Vehicle TheftsRoseville, CA- Kevin Patrick McFarland, Maksim Mishchenko, and Stanislav M. Taran, were arrested on suspicion of stealing from numerous vehicles in Roseville.
Annual Marysville Stampede Memorial Day WeekendMarysville, CA- An annual celebration of California Western and rodeo heritage, in the heart of California's cowboy country, the 83rd Annual Marysville Stampede
Downtown Woodland: Unexpected TreasureWoodland, CA- On a recent Sunday afternoon, I grabbed my wife and headed off on a rather short drive to Woodland to catch an afternoon show at the Blue Note Brewing Company.
Roseville Flash Crime Report (5.23.16)Roseville police crime report digest update for May 23, 2016.
Local Team Wins Spirit CUP at SMUD Solar RegattaRocklin, CA- The Sierra College Solar Energy program Team competed last Saturday May 14th in the Northern California SMUD Solar Regatta
Roseville Area Organization Helps Guardian Scholars ProgramRoseville, CA- Sierra College Guardian Scholars Program thanks the ALPHA DELTA KAPPA Organization for their generous donation to our Former Foster Youth
Placer County Water Agency Master Plan UpdateAUBURN, Calif. - At its May 19 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors received an update on the PCWA County-wide Master Plan.
Subaru BRZ: Reasonably priced old-school sports carRoseville, CA - For driving enthusiasts who want to own a light, agile car that provides an elusive fun factor while also looking cool, the smartly designed Subaru BRZ deserves a good look.
Roseville Gas Prices See DropRoseville, CA - While regional gas prices appear to have held steady, some gas station in Roseville are reporting a downward tick in prices.
Raising Awareness for Mental HealthIn the U.S., the month of May is (or was, depending on when your newspaper publishes this column) "Mental Health Awareness Month."
NEWS: In Case You Missed It