New California Laws for 2014 (Part 4)
Part 4 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes statute of limitations, assault weapons, high school graduation, classified employees workweek, cancer treatment, criminal history, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 4
- AB 0184 Ch. 765 Statute of limitations.
- AB 0191 Ch. 669 CalFresh: categorical eligibility.
- AB 0195 Ch. 121 Counties: construction projects:design-build.
- AB 0201 Ch. 529 Office of Small Business Advocate: small business financial development corporations: Internet Web site information.
- AB 0205 Ch. 766 Public employees' retirement: pension fund management.
- AB 0206 Ch. 95 Vehicles: length limitations: buses: bicycle transportation devices.
- AB 0210 Ch. 194 Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda and the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 0212 Ch. 362 Unclaimed property.
- AB 0214 Ch. 498 Voting: state of emergency.
- AB 0216 Ch. 324 * High school graduation requirements:pupils in foster care. Effective September 23, 2013.
- AB 0217 Ch. 609 Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
- AB 0218 Ch. 699 Employment applications: criminal history. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014.
- AB 0219 Ch. 661 Health care coverage: cancer treatment.
- AB 0221 Ch. 154 Recycled concrete.
- AB 0224 Ch. 404 Agricultural products: direct marketing: community-supported agriculture.
- AB 0226 Ch. 73 Classified employees: school police: workweek.
- AB 0227 Ch. 581 *Proposition 65: enforcement. Effective October 05, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesSilversun Pickups Summer Tour with Third Eye BlindFollowing their upcoming BottleRock Napa Valley performance, this summer, Silversun Pickups will embark on a 30-date amphitheater tour opening for Third Eye Blind. The "Summer Gods" Tour celebrates Third Eye Blind's 20th anniversary
Garland Ranch Regional Park: Tranquility in Monterey CountyCarmel Valley, California - The "granddaddy" of the Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District, Garland Ranch is a fine elder statesman of parks.
Roseville Firefighters Union Blast City's Proposed Staffing CutsRoseville, Calif. - With rising temperatures and fire season upon us, city leaders in Roseville have proposed drastic staffing cuts to the Roseville Fire Department
Oak Creek BMX Track in Roseville Receiving an UpgradeRoseville, CA - Oak Creek BMX is currently undergoing a major track rebuild that was primarily funded by a $10,000 capital improvement grant from Placer Valley Tourism
Falls Event Center in Roseville to Host Align Capital Region Orientation(Roseville, CA) Launched earlier this year, Align Capital Region (ACR) brings together people, programs, and resources to achieve greater outcomes in education, workforce development, and community vitality
Hyatt Carmel Highlands, Extraordinary on the California CoastCarmel Highlands, CA - Hyatt Carmel Highlands, a century's long sentinel celebrates this year and looks to the future while standing guard at the gateway to all the grandeur that is Big Sur.
Homeowners Not MovingRealtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about one of the causes of low inventory of homes on the market and how interest rates are encouraging owners to stay in their home longer
Roseville Gas Prices Jump Higher before Memorial Day Weekend TravelRoseville, CA - Roseville area gas prices have jumped this past week pushing prices at the low prices leaders near the $2.70 per gallon mark
WJU Names New Jake McKinley as Baseball CoachROCKLIN, Calif. - Jake McKinley, who spent the last four years as a head baseball coach at Menlo College, has been named the William Jessup baseball head coach.
13 Tips to Help Prevent Skin CancerAuburn - Protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun is a simple way to help prevent the development of skin cancer.
PCWA Awards $70,000 in GrantsAUBURN, Calif. - The Placer County Water (PCWA) Agency Board of Directors awarded five grants totaling $70,345 to local public water purveyors...
Corey Harper Releases New Video, Ready for BottleRock Napa ValleyHailing from Portland, 21-year-old singer/songwriter Corey Harper premieres the music video for his new track "Favorite Part of Loving You" on Relix
NEWS: In Case You Missed It