New California Laws for 2014 (Part 4)
Part 4 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes statute of limitations, assault weapons, high school graduation, classified employees workweek, cancer treatment, criminal history, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 4
- AB 0184 Ch. 765 Statute of limitations.
- AB 0191 Ch. 669 CalFresh: categorical eligibility.
- AB 0195 Ch. 121 Counties: construction projects:design-build.
- AB 0201 Ch. 529 Office of Small Business Advocate: small business financial development corporations: Internet Web site information.
- AB 0205 Ch. 766 Public employees' retirement: pension fund management.
- AB 0206 Ch. 95 Vehicles: length limitations: buses: bicycle transportation devices.
- AB 0210 Ch. 194 Transactions and use taxes: County of Alameda and the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 0212 Ch. 362 Unclaimed property.
- AB 0214 Ch. 498 Voting: state of emergency.
- AB 0216 Ch. 324 * High school graduation requirements:pupils in foster care. Effective September 23, 2013.
- AB 0217 Ch. 609 Electricity: solar electricity: low-income households.
- AB 0218 Ch. 699 Employment applications: criminal history. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014.
- AB 0219 Ch. 661 Health care coverage: cancer treatment.
- AB 0221 Ch. 154 Recycled concrete.
- AB 0224 Ch. 404 Agricultural products: direct marketing: community-supported agriculture.
- AB 0226 Ch. 73 Classified employees: school police: workweek.
- AB 0227 Ch. 581 *Proposition 65: enforcement. Effective October 05, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesCaptured: Mexican Nationals found on Foresthill RoadA Placer County Sheriff's deputy just arrested the three men who've eluded capture since Wednesday afternoon.
Water Supply Projection by Water Agency GMAUBURN, Calif. - Following weeks of rain and snowfall, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors met on February 4 to receive the latest snowpack and water supply update.
3 Rocklin Restaurants Hit by BurglarRocklin, CA - On the morning of February 4, 2016 between the hour of 1:30 AM and 2:30 AM, three closed take-out style restaurants
Roseville Housing Authority Nabs Highest HUD RatingRoseville, CA- For the 11th consecutive year, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) named the Roseville Housing Authority
Local Woman Honored for Cancer AdvocacyRoseville, CA - Former educator and Granite Bay mother of three Laura Tyrrell was honored at the Stars of Advocacy Inaugural Gala Fundraiser.
New California Laws for 2016 (Part 33)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Part 33 includes Medical marijuana, Real estate investments, Housing standards, Disorderly conduct, Housing standards: mold, and more.
PET/CT Mobile Imaging Unit to serve Roseville Area CommunitiesA state-of-the-art PET/CT mobile imaging unit designed to serve patients in Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville and surrounding communities is located in Lincoln.
The Addams Family at Folsom Harris Center The Addams Family which will run February 19-28, 2016 at the Harris Center in Folsom, California.
Respected Fishing Expert in Auburn on February 19thThe Rooster Tails Fishing Club second breakfast of 2016 will be held at the Auburn Elks Lodge on February 19.
Mexican Nationals Wanted on Weapons ChargesThe Placer County Sheriff's Office arrested Pedro Madrigal Ortiz, 25, a Mexican national, early this morning
New California Laws for 2016 (Part 32)Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2016. Part 32 includes Workers' compensation, Consumer protection, California Community Colleges, Discrimination, erroneous conviction and more.
Sutter Medical Center Foundation New Board MembersRoseville, CA. - Sutter Medical Center Foundation has announced the addition of six new community members to its Board of Trustees.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It