New California Laws for 2014 (Part 7)
Part 7 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes Civil Liberties, Medi-Cal, Internet privacy, criminal background checks, personal income tax and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 7
- AB 0341 Ch. 585 Green building standards.
- AB 0346 Ch. 485 Runaway and homeless youth shelters.
- AB 0351 Ch. 450 Civil liberties: suspension of habeas corpus for American citizens.
- AB 0352 Ch. 292 Foster care: smoke-free environment.
- AB 0354 Ch. 265 Local ballot measures: impartial analysis.
- AB 0359 Ch. 549 Vehicle rental agreements: customer facility charge.
- AB 0361 Ch. 642 Medi-Cal: Health Homes for Medi-Cal Enrollees and Section 1115 Waiver Demonstration Populations with Chronic and Complex Conditions.
- AB 0362 Ch. 439 * Personal income taxes: exclusion: health insurance.Effective October 01, 2013.
- AB 0370 Ch. 390 Consumers: internet privacy.
- AB 0372 Ch. 75 Civil service: veterans' preference in hiring.
- AB 0373 Ch. 768 Public Employees' Long-Term Care Act.
- AB 0379 Ch. 137 Manufactured housing: removal.
- AB 0381 Ch. 99 Estates and trusts: undue influence and elder abuse.
- AB 0382 Ch. 326 State and local government: alternative investments: public access.
- AB 0383 Ch. 76 Maintenance of the codes.
- AB 0386 Ch. 363 Public postsecondary education: cross-enrollment: online education at the California State University.
- AB 0389 Ch. 701 Private schools: employees: criminal background checks.
- AB 0392 Ch. 77 State mandates: prorated claims.
- AB 0393 Ch. 124 Office of Business and Economic Development: Internet Web site.
- AB 0394 Ch. 671 Personal income tax: voluntary contributions: Alzheimer's disease.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesSierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.
Hot Pink Fun Run in Downtown Roseville September 28thRegistration is now open for the 7th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, a family-friendly run, walk and fun zone on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Monty Python's Spamalot at Roseville TheaterSPAMALOT tells the legendary tale of King Arthur's quest to find the Holy Grail. However, diverting a bit from the true story, this hilarious musical
High Marks for Sierra College Energy Tech StudentsThe Sierra College Energy Technology students who took the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Entry-level exam in June 2014, all passed.
Multiple Sclerosis Becomes Counselor's AssetDuring most of the '70s, Kathe Skinner, now a 65-year-old licensed marriage family therapist in Colorado Springs, Colorado, couldn't figure out what was wrong with her body.
Placer Water Agency Eyes $7 Billion Bond OpportunityFunding for water resource improvements in Placer County could be possible if California voters support the $7.12 billion bond issue on the Nov. 4 ballot, it was
Napa Earthquake Victims Urged to Hire Licensed ContractorsEarthquake: The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging residents of Napa Valley and surrounding areas to only hire California-licensed contractors
8 Arrested in Roseville Police Drug and ID Theft OperationRoseville Police detectives, following up on a Roseville drug case, searched a home in Sacramento and found evidence of methamphetamine sales and identity theft involving scores of victims.
Placer County Republican Party Announces EndorsementsThe Placer County Republican Party has announced the following endorsements in local races for the November 2014 election.
Federal Subpoena Served to Placer County Sheriff's OfficeThe Placer County Sheriff's Office has received several inquiries about employee internal investigations and a federal subpoena.