New California Laws for 2014 (Part 7)
Part 7 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes Civil Liberties, Medi-Cal, Internet privacy, criminal background checks, personal income tax and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 7
- AB 0341 Ch. 585 Green building standards.
- AB 0346 Ch. 485 Runaway and homeless youth shelters.
- AB 0351 Ch. 450 Civil liberties: suspension of habeas corpus for American citizens.
- AB 0352 Ch. 292 Foster care: smoke-free environment.
- AB 0354 Ch. 265 Local ballot measures: impartial analysis.
- AB 0359 Ch. 549 Vehicle rental agreements: customer facility charge.
- AB 0361 Ch. 642 Medi-Cal: Health Homes for Medi-Cal Enrollees and Section 1115 Waiver Demonstration Populations with Chronic and Complex Conditions.
- AB 0362 Ch. 439 * Personal income taxes: exclusion: health insurance.Effective October 01, 2013.
- AB 0370 Ch. 390 Consumers: internet privacy.
- AB 0372 Ch. 75 Civil service: veterans' preference in hiring.
- AB 0373 Ch. 768 Public Employees' Long-Term Care Act.
- AB 0379 Ch. 137 Manufactured housing: removal.
- AB 0381 Ch. 99 Estates and trusts: undue influence and elder abuse.
- AB 0382 Ch. 326 State and local government: alternative investments: public access.
- AB 0383 Ch. 76 Maintenance of the codes.
- AB 0386 Ch. 363 Public postsecondary education: cross-enrollment: online education at the California State University.
- AB 0389 Ch. 701 Private schools: employees: criminal background checks.
- AB 0392 Ch. 77 State mandates: prorated claims.
- AB 0393 Ch. 124 Office of Business and Economic Development: Internet Web site.
- AB 0394 Ch. 671 Personal income tax: voluntary contributions: Alzheimer's disease.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Concert Series AnnouncedRoseville's Summer Concert Series kicks off this year on May 17, 2014 with a tribute to the Eagles.
Roseville Online Bidding Service Aims for Broader ExposureThe City of Roseville is now partnering with Public Purchase for posting, notifying and awarding of all formal requests for quotes (RFQs) and request for proposals (RFPs).
Rocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help