New California Laws for 2014 (Part 8)
Part 8 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes child abuse reporting, disability income insurance, Solar energy, Cal Works, pesticides, hazardous materials and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 8
- AB 0401 Ch. 586 Transportation: design-build: highways.
- AB 0402 Ch. 550 Disability income insurance: mentalillness.
- AB 0404 Ch. 339 Healing arts: behavioral sciences: retiredlicenses.
- AB 0406 Ch. 7 Child abuse reporting.
- AB 0408 Ch. 108 Municipal utility districts: elections.
- AB 0409 Ch. 643 * Political Reform Act of 1974: statements of economic interests:online filing. Effective October 08, 2013.
- AB 0410 Ch. 525 Public employee health benefits:enrollment.
- AB 0413 Ch. 100 Foster care: specialized foster care homes.
- AB 0415 Ch. 612 Solar energy: water heating.
- AB 0417 Ch. 613 Environmental quality: California Environmental Quality Act: bicycle transportation plan.
- AB 0419 Ch. 293 CalWORKs: eligibility.
- AB 0422 Ch. 440 School lunch program applications: health care notice.
- AB 0424 Ch. 484 Pupil instruction: social sciences: State and Federal Constitutions.
- AB 0425 Ch. 587 Pesticides: copper-based antifouling paint:leach rate determination: mitigation measure recommendations.
- AB 0426 Ch. 634 Water: water transfers: water right decrees.
- AB 0428 Ch. 376 Healing arts: marriage and family therapists: clinical social workers:coursework.
- AB 0432 Ch. 264 Horse racing: exchange wagering.
- AB 0433 Ch. 377 Contractors: fire protection systems: fire safety: State Fire Marshal.
- AB 0434 Ch. 38 Preferred shares: rights and preferences distributions.
- AB 0440 Ch. 588 Hazardous materials: releases: local agency cleanup.
- AB 0442 Ch. 735 Employees: wages.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.