New California Laws for 2014 (Part 10)
Part 10 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes Medi-Cal, Safe Schools Learning Act, Prisoner Literacy, Infant HIV testing, alcoholic beverages, firearms and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 10
- AB 0493 Ch. 79 Toll facilities.
- AB 0494 Ch. 784 Prisoners: literacy and education.
- AB 0497 Ch. 233 Fish and wildlife.
- AB 0498 Ch. 672 Medi-Cal.
- AB 0499 Ch. 158 Judicial proceedings: injunctions prohibiting harassment.
- AB 0500 Ch. 737 Firearms.
- AB 0501 Ch. 392 Vehicles.
- AB 0502 Ch. 531 Commercial law: secured transactions. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014. Bill may contain other operative provisions.
- AB 0506 Ch. 153 HIV testing: infants.
- AB 0508 Ch. 234 Debt collection: homeless veterans.
- AB 0511 Ch. 451 Income taxes: voluntary contributions:American Red Cross, California Chapters Fund.
- AB 0512 Ch. 111 Healing arts: licensure exemption.
- AB 0513 Ch. 499 Tire recycling program: rubberized asphalt.
- AB 0514 Ch. 702 The Safe Schools for Safe Learning Act of 2013.
- AB 0522 Ch. 40 Civil actions: exceptions to dismissal for delay in prosecution.
- AB 0524 Ch. 572 Immigrants: extortion.
- AB 0525 Ch. 235 Alcoholic beverages: licenses: theaters.
- AB 0526 Ch. 236 Military service: benefits.
- AB 0528 Ch. 237 State Rail Plan and High-Speed Rail Authority business plan.
- AB 0529 Ch. 500 Vehicles: motor carriers: inspections and fees.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.