New California Laws for 2014 (Part 10)
SHARE with Friend
Part 10 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014. This segment includes Medi-Cal, Safe Schools Learning Act, Prisoner Literacy, Infant HIV testing, alcoholic beverages, firearms and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 10
- AB 0493 Ch. 79 Toll facilities.
- AB 0494 Ch. 784 Prisoners: literacy and education.
- AB 0497 Ch. 233 Fish and wildlife.
- AB 0498 Ch. 672 Medi-Cal.
- AB 0499 Ch. 158 Judicial proceedings: injunctions prohibiting harassment.
- AB 0500 Ch. 737 Firearms.
- AB 0501 Ch. 392 Vehicles.
- AB 0502 Ch. 531 Commercial law: secured transactions. Selected or all provisions operative July 1, 2014. Bill may contain other operative provisions.
- AB 0506 Ch. 153 HIV testing: infants.
- AB 0508 Ch. 234 Debt collection: homeless veterans.
- AB 0511 Ch. 451 Income taxes: voluntary contributions:American Red Cross, California Chapters Fund.
- AB 0512 Ch. 111 Healing arts: licensure exemption.
- AB 0513 Ch. 499 Tire recycling program: rubberized asphalt.
- AB 0514 Ch. 702 The Safe Schools for Safe Learning Act of 2013.
- AB 0522 Ch. 40 Civil actions: exceptions to dismissal for delay in prosecution.
- AB 0524 Ch. 572 Immigrants: extortion.
- AB 0525 Ch. 235 Alcoholic beverages: licenses: theaters.
- AB 0526 Ch. 236 Military service: benefits.
- AB 0528 Ch. 237 State Rail Plan and High-Speed Rail Authority business plan.
- AB 0529 Ch. 500 Vehicles: motor carriers: inspections and fees.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.29.14)Roseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 29, 2014.
Different Standards From Mortgage LendersJulie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, reports on a recent Fannie Mae survey which indicates there may be a growing difference in credit standards between small and large lenders. Which do you think has the tighter credit standards? Check out Julie's article and find out.
PCWA Comments on Bay Delta Conservation PlanDrought Watch: PCWA expresses concern about future water supply reliability for Placer County and claims EIR fails to consider key issues.
Honor Bowl Games at Del Oro August 2014ROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University announced today that it will serve as a sponsor for the Northern and Southern California 2014 Honor Bowl football games.
Tahoe Bike Classic Sept. 27 & 28The inaugural Tahoe Bike Classic will take over the Lake Tahoe basin this fall, September 27 & 28, 2014.
Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New MembersThe Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental ReviewWith the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research AwardsResearch could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and EntrepreneursIt's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system