New California Laws for 2014 (Part 13)
Part 13 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes emergency medical services and drug overdoes treatment liability, juvenile court schools, alcoholic beverages, child abuse, sourt reporters, spousal support and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 13
- AB 0628 Ch. 741 Energy management plans for harbor and port districts.
- AB 0630 Ch. 453 Architects.
- AB 0631 Ch. 136 Pupils: juvenile court schools.
- AB 0633 Ch. 591 Emergency medical services: civil liability.
- AB 0635 Ch. 707 Drug overdose treatment: liability.
- AB 0636 Ch. 329 Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions.
- AB 0637 Ch. 770 Housing assistance.
- AB 0639 Ch. 727 * Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Bond Act of 2014: Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Act of 2014. Effective October 10, 2013.
- AB 0643 Ch. 80 Public schools: pupil records: confidentiality.
- AB 0647 Ch. 686 The Alcoholic Beverage Control Act: beer manufacturers: containers.
- AB 0648 Ch. 454 Court reporters.
- AB 0650 Ch. 615 State government: general services:Natural Gas Services Program.
- AB 0651 Ch. 787 Bradford Convictions: expungement.
- AB 0652 Ch. 486 Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act:homeless children.
- AB 0654 Ch. 409 Direct marketing: certified farmers' markets.
- AB 0658 Ch. 296 Personal information: disclosure.
- AB 0663 Ch. 675 Care facilities: training requirements.
- AB 0664 Ch. 503 Gold Coast Transit District.
- AB 0672 Ch. 239 Tax administration: tax clearance certificates.
- AB 0681 Ch. 455 Spousal support
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesBig DoG Countdown: Placer Breast Cancer EndowmentBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Placer Breast Cancer Endowment impacts our community.
Free Seminar Targets Sexting, Child and Teen PornographyRoseville, CA -- Life Community Church is hosting a seminar entitled "Sexting and child and teen pornography.what's a parent to do?" on Sunday, April 27 from 2p.m. to 5 p.m. at its facilities, 10020 Foothills Blvd
Northern California Invitational Rugby Tournament On April 26 and 27, The Northern California Youth Rugby Association (NCYRA), in conjunction with Placer Valley Tourism, will host the 10th Annual Northern California Invitational Rugby Tournament
Roseville Crime Report Digest (4-24-14)The Roseville Police Department's crime report digest April 24, 2014.
The Great Banquet at Bayside Church May 17thJoni and Friends Sacramento will hold its annual special needs event called The Great Banquet at Bayside Church in Roseville on May 17. The free event will be a very special evening for people
Arrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville
Get in Gear for May is Bike MonthIt's time to tune up your bikes and join your neighbors and coworkers in bicycling for work, school, errands, or recreation this May during the Sacramento region's annual May is Bike Month campaign.