New California Laws for 2014 (Part 14)
Part 14 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes cognitively impaired adults, inmates health care, voter education, hunting, veterans, human trafficking, suicide barriers and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 14
- AB 0685 Ch. 16 State goods: peace officer's state-issued handgun: spouse or domestic partner.
- AB 0691 Ch. 592 State lands: granted trust lands: sea level rise.
- AB 0694 Ch. 126 Admissibility of evidence: victims of human trafficking.
- AB 0700 Ch. 483 Pupil instruction: voter education.
- AB 0701 Ch. 393 General Subject: Local government finance: property tax revenue allocation:vehicle license fee adjustments: County of Orange.
- AB 0703 Ch. 267 Peace officers: firearms.
- AB 0707 Ch. 240 Vehicles.
- AB 0711 Ch. 742 Hunting: nonlead ammunition.
- AB 0717 Ch. 692 Veterans.
- AB 0719 Ch. 616 Energy: energy efficiency: street light pole.
- AB 0720 Ch. 646 Inmates: health care enrollment.
- AB 0721 Ch. 504 Controlled substances: transporting with intent to sell.
- AB 0722 Ch. 160 Vehicles: driver's licenses: medical examinations.
- AB 0727 Ch. 104 Public trust lands: dredging: notice and leases.
- AB 0730 Ch. 394 Transit District.
- AB 0743 Ch. 138 The Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000.
- AB 0744 Ch. 647 Timber harvesting plans: exempt activities.
- AB 0748 Ch. 424 Judgments against a public entity:interest.
- AB 0752 Ch. 52 Work furlough: county jails.
- AB 0753 Ch. 708 * Cognitively impaired adults: caregiver resource centers. Effective October 10, 2013.
- AB 0754 Ch. 323 Income taxes: voluntary contributions: California Beach and Coastal Enhancement Account.
- AB 0755 Ch. 593 Suicide barriers.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesFederal Subpoena Served to Placer County Sheriff's OfficeThe Placer County Sheriff's Office has received several inquiries about employee internal investigations and a federal subpoena.
Bill to Help Disabled Veterans Heads to GovernorA proposal sponsored by George Runner to protect California's disabled veterans cleared the Assembly this week with unanimous, bipartisan support, and now awaits action by Governor Jerry Brown.
Honda Offers Appealing New Accord Plug-in HybridHonda welcomed a new addition to its lineup for 2014: say hello to the Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid. The new addition makes Honda one of the few automakers to offer
3 Arrested in Baby Formula HeistPlacer County sheriff's deputies arrested three Bay Area burglary suspects and are seeking a fourth after the group stole a large amount of baby formula from the north Auburn Bel Air store
Sample the Sierra Festival at South Lake TahoeFoodies and wine lovers alike will gather in South Lake Tahoe this Labor Day weekend as Sample the Sierra celebrates its 5th anniversary on Sunday, August 31st
Sierra College Supports Former Foster YouthRocklin, CA- - As the school year begins, Sierra College is taking an extra step to ensure that one group of students gets off to a good start.
Roseville Chamber Events September 2014Roseville, CA -- The Roseville Chamber of Commerce featured events for the month of September 2014.
American River Music Festival in SeptemberDip your toes in the river while grooving to world renowned vintage rock, blues, new and old grass, sweet jam and the finest of folk at the 8th Annual American River Music Festival in California's scenic Gold Country
Local Man Earns Inclusion in National Pottery ExhibitionsRocklin, CA-- Sierra College congratulates local sculptor and staffer, Anthony Maki Gill for earning inclusion in not just one, but two national exhibitions this summer
Placer Fish and Game Commission Solicit Grant ProposalsThe Placer County Fish and Game Commission is soliciting grant proposals from non-profit organizations, schools, other organizations and individuals
$7 Billion Water Bond Supported by Sacramento SupervisorsDrought Watch: AB 1471, the legislation placing the water bond on the ballot, asks voters to approve $7.12 billion for projects which will build new water storage facilities, invests in safe drinking water
Gas Prices Under $3 Gallon Coming Soon?Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 3.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.79/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey