New California Laws for 2014 (Part 14)
Part 14 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes cognitively impaired adults, inmates health care, voter education, hunting, veterans, human trafficking, suicide barriers and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 14
- AB 0685 Ch. 16 State goods: peace officer's state-issued handgun: spouse or domestic partner.
- AB 0691 Ch. 592 State lands: granted trust lands: sea level rise.
- AB 0694 Ch. 126 Admissibility of evidence: victims of human trafficking.
- AB 0700 Ch. 483 Pupil instruction: voter education.
- AB 0701 Ch. 393 General Subject: Local government finance: property tax revenue allocation:vehicle license fee adjustments: County of Orange.
- AB 0703 Ch. 267 Peace officers: firearms.
- AB 0707 Ch. 240 Vehicles.
- AB 0711 Ch. 742 Hunting: nonlead ammunition.
- AB 0717 Ch. 692 Veterans.
- AB 0719 Ch. 616 Energy: energy efficiency: street light pole.
- AB 0720 Ch. 646 Inmates: health care enrollment.
- AB 0721 Ch. 504 Controlled substances: transporting with intent to sell.
- AB 0722 Ch. 160 Vehicles: driver's licenses: medical examinations.
- AB 0727 Ch. 104 Public trust lands: dredging: notice and leases.
- AB 0730 Ch. 394 Transit District.
- AB 0743 Ch. 138 The Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000.
- AB 0744 Ch. 647 Timber harvesting plans: exempt activities.
- AB 0748 Ch. 424 Judgments against a public entity:interest.
- AB 0752 Ch. 52 Work furlough: county jails.
- AB 0753 Ch. 708 * Cognitively impaired adults: caregiver resource centers. Effective October 10, 2013.
- AB 0754 Ch. 323 Income taxes: voluntary contributions: California Beach and Coastal Enhancement Account.
- AB 0755 Ch. 593 Suicide barriers.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesTahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.