New California Laws for 2014 (Part 16)
SHARE with Friend
Part 16 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes unclaimed money, parole terms, academic content, training programs for gender identity, grand theft, postmortem photographs, unemployment insurance and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 16
- AB 0849 Ch. 676 Protection of victims: address confidentiality.
- AB 0850 Ch. 636 Public capital facilities: water quality.
- AB 0865 Ch. 425 Yacht and Ship Brokers Act: licensing.
- AB 0868 Ch. 300 Courts: training programs: gender identity and sexual orientation.
- AB 0873 Ch. 488 Housing: emergency housing and assistance funding.
- AB 0884 Ch. 456 County Board of Parole Commissioners: parole terms.
- AB 0899 Ch. 709 Academic content standards: English language development standards.
- AB 0904 Ch. 648 Forest practices: working forest management plans.
- AB 0906 Ch. 744 Personal services contracts.
- AB 0908 Ch. 553 Unemployment insurance: use of information.
- AB 0918 Ch. 187 Emergency services: preparedness.
- AB 0924 Ch. 618 Grand theft.
- AB 0933 Ch. 366 Distilled spirits manufacturers: licenses:tastings.
- AB 0934 Ch. 457 Local agencies: unclaimed money.
- AB 0937 Ch. 127 Conservators and guardians: personal rights of conservatees.
- AB 0946 Ch. 426 Transit buses: Counties of Monterey and Santa Cruz.
- AB 0952 Ch. 771 * Low-income housing tax credits. Effective October 12, 2013.
- AB 0955 Ch. 710 Community colleges: intersession extension programs.
- AB 0957 Ch. 53 Postmortem photographs.
- AB 0960 Ch. 197 State government: Commission on the Status of Women and Girls.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesCalifornia Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer CountyPlacer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
Auburn Woman Attacked Inside HomePlacer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and LincolnASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
Tahoe Public Projects Garner AttentionTahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5thEach community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
Recovery Plan for California Salmon and SteelheadNOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (7.22.14)The Rocklin Police Department's crime report digest update for the period of July 15, 2014 - July 21, 2014.
Noodles & Company Opening Roseville and Rocklin LocationsNoodles & Company is opening two new locations in Roseville and Rocklin over the next two weeks.
Raley's Wins Telly AwardsRaley's has been awarded an astounding total of 24 Telly Awards in Commercial and Online Video categories