New California Laws for 2014 (Part 18)
Part 18 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes commercial driver's licenses, mortgage lenders, sex offenders, mental health, CalWorks, student records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 18
- AB 1042 Ch. 746 Indian Gaming Special Distribution Fund.
- AB 1045 Ch. 302 Sterile compounding and nonresident pharmacies.
- AB 1047 Ch. 649 Commercial driver's licenses.
- AB 1050 Ch. 270 Board of State and Community Corrections.
- AB 1054 Ch. 303 Mental health: skilled nursing facility: reimbursement rate.
- AB 1057 Ch. 693 Professions and vocations: licenses:military service.
- AB 1058 Ch. 83 San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.
- AB 1060 Ch. 621 Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission.
- AB 1062 Ch. 427 Human resources.
- AB 1067 Ch. 535 Economic development: foreign trade.
- AB 1068 Ch. 713 Pupil records.
- AB 1070 Ch. 198 California Transportation Financing Authority.
- AB 1074 Ch. 428 Horse racing: thoroughbred racing.
- AB 1090 Ch. 650 Public officers: conflicts of interest:contracts.
- AB 1091 Ch. 243 Finance and mortgage lenders.
- AB 1092 Ch. 410 Building standards: electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- AB 1094 Ch. 554 CalWORKs: eligibility.
- AB 1097 Ch. 594 Fish and Game Commission: Mirage Trail.
- AB 1108 Ch. 772 Sex offenders: foster care homes:prohibitions.
- AB 1109 Ch. 495 Emergency housing and assistance.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville California Crime Brief (8.31.14)Roseville, CA - Roseville California crime brief update report for August 31, 2014.
Acura ILX: Luxury Vehicle, Reasonable PriceFor car shoppers looking for an upscale luxury sedan that doesn't arrive with a luxurious price tag, Acura debuted the ILX a year ago and its back for 2014 virtually unchanged
People with Autism Especially VulnerablePerhaps like you, recently I read of an incident in Okeechobee, Florida, in which an 18-year-old man was recorded on video beating, choking, kicking, and holding a knife to the throat of a 16-year-old boy with autism.
54 Year Old Roseville Woman Killed with Own VehicleRoseville- 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson was killed when her SUV rolled backwards as she was retrieving a bicycle from her 1997 Ford Explorer.
Photos: Napa Earthquake DamageWe recently had the opportunity to tour Napa following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake. The downtown area of Napa which contains many older buildings was hit especially hard.
California Senate Passes New Gun Violence BillCalifornia's state today passed the "Gun Violence Restraining Order (AB 1014)," legislation that would allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court
Laura's Law Implementation in Placer CountyPlacer County became the sixth county in California Tuesday to implement Laura's Law - a state statute that authorizes court-ordered assisted outpatient treatment of residents with severe
$22 Million Animal Services Center in Auburn Moves ForwardThe Placer County Board of Supervisors awarded a design-build contract on Tuesday that paves the way for construction of a long-planned Animal Services Center in North Auburn that
Autism in Girls Study Launched in CaliforniaAutism is far more common in boys than girls - affecting 1 in 54 boys and 1 in 252 girls - but little is known about biological differences between boys and girls with autism.
Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.