New California Laws for 2014 (Part 18)
Part 18 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes commercial driver's licenses, mortgage lenders, sex offenders, mental health, CalWorks, student records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 18
- AB 1042 Ch. 746 Indian Gaming Special Distribution Fund.
- AB 1045 Ch. 302 Sterile compounding and nonresident pharmacies.
- AB 1047 Ch. 649 Commercial driver's licenses.
- AB 1050 Ch. 270 Board of State and Community Corrections.
- AB 1054 Ch. 303 Mental health: skilled nursing facility: reimbursement rate.
- AB 1057 Ch. 693 Professions and vocations: licenses:military service.
- AB 1058 Ch. 83 San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.
- AB 1060 Ch. 621 Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission.
- AB 1062 Ch. 427 Human resources.
- AB 1067 Ch. 535 Economic development: foreign trade.
- AB 1068 Ch. 713 Pupil records.
- AB 1070 Ch. 198 California Transportation Financing Authority.
- AB 1074 Ch. 428 Horse racing: thoroughbred racing.
- AB 1090 Ch. 650 Public officers: conflicts of interest:contracts.
- AB 1091 Ch. 243 Finance and mortgage lenders.
- AB 1092 Ch. 410 Building standards: electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- AB 1094 Ch. 554 CalWORKs: eligibility.
- AB 1097 Ch. 594 Fish and Game Commission: Mirage Trail.
- AB 1108 Ch. 772 Sex offenders: foster care homes:prohibitions.
- AB 1109 Ch. 495 Emergency housing and assistance.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesArrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville
Get in Gear for May is Bike MonthIt's time to tune up your bikes and join your neighbors and coworkers in bicycling for work, school, errands, or recreation this May during the Sacramento region's annual May is Bike Month campaign.
Sriracha Factory Courted by Oroville Economic AllianceAs the controversy continues to heat up over the possible relocation of the Sriracha factory in Irwindale, California, Oroville Economic Alliance announces its ambition to have the Sriracha plant
America's Clay Fest II Competition in RocklinGot old meds? The next county-wide medication take-back day will be on Saturday, April 26, when you can safely dispose of expired or unneeded prescription, over the counter and veterinary medication
Large Emergency Drill at Colfax High April 26thResidents need not be alarmed if they spot scores of emergency vehicles at Colfax High School on Saturday, April 26.
Big DoG Countdown: Child Advocates of Placer CountyBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Child Advocates of Placer County impacts your community.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: An Affordable Compact SUVWhen shopping for a Mitsubishi Outlander, note that there's quite a major difference between the "standard" Outlander and the Outlander Sport.