New California Laws for 2014 (Part 18)
Part 18 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes commercial driver's licenses, mortgage lenders, sex offenders, mental health, CalWorks, student records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 18
- AB 1042 Ch. 746 Indian Gaming Special Distribution Fund.
- AB 1045 Ch. 302 Sterile compounding and nonresident pharmacies.
- AB 1047 Ch. 649 Commercial driver's licenses.
- AB 1050 Ch. 270 Board of State and Community Corrections.
- AB 1054 Ch. 303 Mental health: skilled nursing facility: reimbursement rate.
- AB 1057 Ch. 693 Professions and vocations: licenses:military service.
- AB 1058 Ch. 83 San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.
- AB 1060 Ch. 621 Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission.
- AB 1062 Ch. 427 Human resources.
- AB 1067 Ch. 535 Economic development: foreign trade.
- AB 1068 Ch. 713 Pupil records.
- AB 1070 Ch. 198 California Transportation Financing Authority.
- AB 1074 Ch. 428 Horse racing: thoroughbred racing.
- AB 1090 Ch. 650 Public officers: conflicts of interest:contracts.
- AB 1091 Ch. 243 Finance and mortgage lenders.
- AB 1092 Ch. 410 Building standards: electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- AB 1094 Ch. 554 CalWORKs: eligibility.
- AB 1097 Ch. 594 Fish and Game Commission: Mirage Trail.
- AB 1108 Ch. 772 Sex offenders: foster care homes:prohibitions.
- AB 1109 Ch. 495 Emergency housing and assistance.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesJustice Center in Roseville Refinancing Boosts County RatingPlacer County earned a significant savings and a higher credit rating recently when it refinanced municipal bonds originally issued to help finance construction of buildings in North Auburn and Roseville
Big DoG Countdown: Placer Food BankBig DoG Countdown: Learn about how Placer Food Bank impacts your community.
Featured Rocklin Student: Sierra GarridoRocklin, CA - Sierra Garrido, a member of Rocklin High's Class of 2015 Honor Guard, balances her vigorous academic schedule, time with the dance team, and volunteer projects. Sierra is
Seeking Grants for Ophir Gardens Vulnerable Water SupplyDrought Watch: Directors of the Placer County Water Agency on Thursday (Apr. 10) agreed to apply for two emergency funding grants, each up to $500,000, to improve water supplies for a small community
Free Soccer Camp in Roseville for Kids Ages 8- 13The Roseville Police Activities League and Folsom Police Activities League will be hosting a free two-day soccer camp on April 15- 16, 2014.
$45,000 Raised for Child Abuse PreventionIt was a "Blue Tie Affair" on a recent Thursday in Roseville, as more than 200 people gathered for KidsFirst's 16th annual luncheon, celebrating their 25th commemorative anniversary and kick-off their community-wide campaign to end child abuse
Big DoG Countdown: WarmLine Family Resource CenterBig DOG Countdown: Learn about how WarmLine Family Resource Center impacts your community.
Featured Rocklin Student: Nick HuddlestunNick Huddlestun, a member of Rocklin High School's 2015 Honor Guard, is a hardworking and genuine student who always strives to do his best on the field and in the classroom.
Construction to Impact Downtown Roseville Parking Limited construction activities begin today, Monday, April 14 on the Oak Street Improvement Project, including partial closure of the Oak Street parking lot.
Customers Urged to Conserve WaterDrought Watch: Directors of the Placer County Water Agency last Thursday adopted a series of water use regulations and restrictions and appealed to all customers to conserve water...
Placer County Supports Assembly Bill 2703Placer County considers itself exemplary when it comes to honoring the men and women who have served their nation as members of the armed forces
Lexus GS 450 Hybrid: Expect GreatnessSay hello to the 2014 Lexus 450h, which gobbles up the pavement in rapid style, going from 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds, a time that is impressive for any vehicle, much less a hybrid