New California Laws for 2014 (Part 18)
SHARE with Friend
Part 18 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2014.
This segment includes commercial driver's licenses, mortgage lenders, sex offenders, mental health, CalWorks, student records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 18
- AB 1042 Ch. 746 Indian Gaming Special Distribution Fund.
- AB 1045 Ch. 302 Sterile compounding and nonresident pharmacies.
- AB 1047 Ch. 649 Commercial driver's licenses.
- AB 1050 Ch. 270 Board of State and Community Corrections.
- AB 1054 Ch. 303 Mental health: skilled nursing facility: reimbursement rate.
- AB 1057 Ch. 693 Professions and vocations: licenses:military service.
- AB 1058 Ch. 83 San Diego County Regional Airport Authority.
- AB 1060 Ch. 621 Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission.
- AB 1062 Ch. 427 Human resources.
- AB 1067 Ch. 535 Economic development: foreign trade.
- AB 1068 Ch. 713 Pupil records.
- AB 1070 Ch. 198 California Transportation Financing Authority.
- AB 1074 Ch. 428 Horse racing: thoroughbred racing.
- AB 1090 Ch. 650 Public officers: conflicts of interest:contracts.
- AB 1091 Ch. 243 Finance and mortgage lenders.
- AB 1092 Ch. 410 Building standards: electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- AB 1094 Ch. 554 CalWORKs: eligibility.
- AB 1097 Ch. 594 Fish and Game Commission: Mirage Trail.
- AB 1108 Ch. 772 Sex offenders: foster care homes:prohibitions.
- AB 1109 Ch. 495 Emergency housing and assistance.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Wines Honored with 52 AwardsPlacer County Wine Trail wines have delighted judges' taste buds again at this year's California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
Border Crisis and Illegal Immigration in the United StatesCongressman McClintock recently delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the United States Border Crisis.
Influences of Cognitive Abilities in Old Age StudyEarly life experiences, such as childhood socioeconomic status and literacy, may have greater influence on the risk of cognitive impairment late in life than such demographic characteristics
Big Check Scam Targets Roseville BusinessRoseville, CA -- Recently a Roseville business person received a large order for merchandise from an overseas destination.
Supervisors Convene at Squaw Valley for Tahoe IssuesPlacer County, CA -- Under warm and partly cloudy July Sierra Nevada skies, the Placer Board of Supervisors held a regularly scheduled two-day meeting in Squaw Valley.
Should Art be added to STEM?The Sierra College STEM Collaborative published "Exploring STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics" by Elizabeth Dayton, Ph.D. to explore the evidence in support of adding arts and innovation to the national effort to encourage STEM education and careers.
Placer County Republican Party To Hold 2014 ConventionLOOMIS - The Placer County Republican Party will hold its endorsement convention on Aug. 23 to select which candidates to support for local offices in Placer County.
Job Fair in Roseville August 22ndRoseville, CA -- Multiple community agencies including Brandman University, The City of Roseville Libraries, Placer, Sacramento and El Dorado Counties, Golden Sierra Job Training, and Sacramento Works
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.23.14)The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 23, 2014.
California Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network