Placer County Fire Danger on the Rise Due to Weather
Dry conditions this winter in Roseville and throughout California mean it's time to take extra precautions to protect your home from the threat of wildfires.
Persistent, dry, windy conditions with low humidity has caused Cal Fire to issue Red Flag Warning up and down the state, including parts of Placer County.
In response to the ongoing wildfire threat across California, the nonprofit Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH) offers the following prevention tips to protect homes and prepare families at risk.
Protect Your Home
- Clean your gutters, eaves and roof to make sure they are clear of debris
- Make sure your street number is legible and clearly marked for emergency responders
- Remove fuels that can lead flames to your home or that can become ignited from windblown embers, including:
- Dead grass, leaves, etc. (fine fuels) and dead twigs, branches, etc. (coarse fuels) within 30 feet of buildings.
- Dry leaf/pine litter from roofs, rain gutters, decks and walkways
- Dead and dry litter at the base of plants
- Tree branches (ladder fuels) within 6-10 feet of the ground
- Firewood within 30 feet of buildings
- Continuous beds of combustible vegetation (on the ground or in tree tops) that can bring large flames within 100 feet of your home
- Identify an emergency water supply for firefighting within 1,000 feet of your home through one of the following:
- Community water/hydrant system, and/or
- Drafting site on a lake
- Cooperative emergency storage tank with neighbors
- Swimming pool
Prepare Your Family
- Have a fire disaster plan including at least two, pre-determined evacuation routes, a NOAA Weather Radio and disaster kit for your family
- Follow any and all evacuation orders immediately
Additional information is available on Cal-Fire website
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesProposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.
Roseville Physician Elected to TMPG Chair of the BoardChris Palkowski, MD, has been elected chair of the board of directors of The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG), the governing board of the largest medical group in the nation with 8,000 physicians serving 3.4 million