New California Laws for 2014 (Part 19)
SHARE with Friend
Part 19 of new California laws for 2014 includes gender identity, firearms, identity theft, safe body art, alcoholic beverages, drug disclosures and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 19
- AB 1112 Ch. 595 Transportation transactions and use taxes: Bay Area.
- AB 1116 Ch. 461 Alcoholic beverages: licensees.
- AB 1121 Ch. 651 Gender identity: petition for change of name.
- AB 1126 Ch. 411 Solid waste: engineered municipal solid waste (EMSW) conversion.
- AB 1131 Ch. 747 Firearms.
- AB 1132 Ch. 622 Agriculture: livestock drugs and commercial feed.
- AB 1133 Ch. 490 Foster children: special health care needs.
- AB 1135 Ch. 271 Vote-by-mail ballots: signature verification.
- AB 1136 Ch. 304 Pharmacists: drug disclosures.
- AB 1144 Ch. 244 Public Employees' Medical and Hospital Care Act: City of Carson.
- AB 1149 Ch. 395 Identity theft: local agencies.
- AB 1156 Ch. 245 Palo Verde Irrigation District Act.
- AB 1159 Ch. 574 * Immigration services. Effective October 05, 2013.
- AB 1160 Ch. 84 Decedents' estates: personal representative.
- AB 1167 Ch. 156 Court records: electronic forms.
- AB 1168 Ch. 555 Safe body art.
- AB 1169 Ch. 380 Escrow agent rating service: escrow agents.
- AB 1173 Ch. 536 Personal Income and Corporation Tax Law: nonqualified deferred compensation plan: tentative minimum tax: credits:exempt organizations.
- AB 1177 Ch. 596 Structural fumigation.
- AB 1180 Ch. 441 * Health care coverage: federally eligible defined individuals: conversion or continuation of coverage. Effective October 01, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.29.14)Roseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 29, 2014.
Different Standards From Mortgage LendersJulie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, reports on a recent Fannie Mae survey which indicates there may be a growing difference in credit standards between small and large lenders. Which do you think has the tighter credit standards? Check out Julie's article and find out.
PCWA Comments on Bay Delta Conservation PlanDrought Watch: PCWA expresses concern about future water supply reliability for Placer County and claims EIR fails to consider key issues.
Honor Bowl Games at Del Oro August 2014ROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University announced today that it will serve as a sponsor for the Northern and Southern California 2014 Honor Bowl football games.
Tahoe Bike Classic Sept. 27 & 28The inaugural Tahoe Bike Classic will take over the Lake Tahoe basin this fall, September 27 & 28, 2014.
Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New MembersThe Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental ReviewWith the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research AwardsResearch could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and EntrepreneursIt's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system