New California Laws for 2014 (Part 19)
SHARE with Friend
Part 19 of new California laws for 2014 includes gender identity, firearms, identity theft, safe body art, alcoholic beverages, drug disclosures and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 19
- AB 1112 Ch. 595 Transportation transactions and use taxes: Bay Area.
- AB 1116 Ch. 461 Alcoholic beverages: licensees.
- AB 1121 Ch. 651 Gender identity: petition for change of name.
- AB 1126 Ch. 411 Solid waste: engineered municipal solid waste (EMSW) conversion.
- AB 1131 Ch. 747 Firearms.
- AB 1132 Ch. 622 Agriculture: livestock drugs and commercial feed.
- AB 1133 Ch. 490 Foster children: special health care needs.
- AB 1135 Ch. 271 Vote-by-mail ballots: signature verification.
- AB 1136 Ch. 304 Pharmacists: drug disclosures.
- AB 1144 Ch. 244 Public Employees' Medical and Hospital Care Act: City of Carson.
- AB 1149 Ch. 395 Identity theft: local agencies.
- AB 1156 Ch. 245 Palo Verde Irrigation District Act.
- AB 1159 Ch. 574 * Immigration services. Effective October 05, 2013.
- AB 1160 Ch. 84 Decedents' estates: personal representative.
- AB 1167 Ch. 156 Court records: electronic forms.
- AB 1168 Ch. 555 Safe body art.
- AB 1169 Ch. 380 Escrow agent rating service: escrow agents.
- AB 1173 Ch. 536 Personal Income and Corporation Tax Law: nonqualified deferred compensation plan: tentative minimum tax: credits:exempt organizations.
- AB 1177 Ch. 596 Structural fumigation.
- AB 1180 Ch. 441 * Health care coverage: federally eligible defined individuals: conversion or continuation of coverage. Effective October 01, 2013.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Republican Party To Hold 2014 ConventionLOOMIS - The Placer County Republican Party will hold its endorsement convention on Aug. 23 to select which candidates to support for local offices in Placer County.
Job Fair in Roseville August 22ndRoseville, CA -- Multiple community agencies including Brandman University, The City of Roseville Libraries, Placer, Sacramento and El Dorado Counties, Golden Sierra Job Training, and Sacramento Works
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.23.14)The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 23, 2014.
California Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer CountyPlacer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
Auburn Woman Attacked Inside HomePlacer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and LincolnASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
Tahoe Public Projects Garner AttentionTahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5thEach community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
Recovery Plan for California Salmon and SteelheadNOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley