Roseville Encourages Water Reduction
City officials in Roseville have issued the following in response to the persistent dry conditions impacting water supplies.
As a community we are facing one of the driest years on record. The water level of Folsom Lake, Roseville's primary water supply source, is at a historic low.
To help Roseville achieve sustainability in the upcoming months we are asking our community to voluntarily reduce residential and commercial water use by 20 percent. Our customers' efforts to conserve during these dry times is critical in helping us maintain our already low water supply.
Join in our effort to reduce our use by following these simple steps:
1. Turn off outdoor irrigation and only water if plants become stressed - Outdoor irrigation can account for up to 60% of your total water use.
2. Check for leaks - Drips and breaks can waste hundreds of gallons of water each day. Check out the "how-to-videos" for more information.
3. Monitor your water usage online - Residents can create an account and start learning about their family's water use today.
4. Schedule a Water Wise House Call - Let our H20GUY analyze your water use and provide you with water savings tips and devices free of charge.
Schedule your appointment today online or by calling (916) 774-5761.
5. Commercial customers can schedule a Water-Use Review - We'll perform a thorough assessment of indoor and outdoor use to identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement. Call (916) 774-5761 to schedule your appointment today.
6. Report water waste online - Your eyes are essential in helping the Efficiency Division identify potential problem areas and educating our residents about unnecessary water waste.Thank you Roseville for doing your part!
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesFederal Subpoena Served to Placer County Sheriff's OfficeThe Placer County Sheriff's Office has received several inquiries about employee internal investigations and a federal subpoena.
Bill to Help Disabled Veterans Heads to GovernorA proposal sponsored by George Runner to protect California's disabled veterans cleared the Assembly this week with unanimous, bipartisan support, and now awaits action by Governor Jerry Brown.
Honda Offers Appealing New Accord Plug-in HybridHonda welcomed a new addition to its lineup for 2014: say hello to the Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid. The new addition makes Honda one of the few automakers to offer
3 Arrested in Baby Formula HeistPlacer County sheriff's deputies arrested three Bay Area burglary suspects and are seeking a fourth after the group stole a large amount of baby formula from the north Auburn Bel Air store
Sample the Sierra Festival at South Lake TahoeFoodies and wine lovers alike will gather in South Lake Tahoe this Labor Day weekend as Sample the Sierra celebrates its 5th anniversary on Sunday, August 31st
Sierra College Supports Former Foster YouthRocklin, CA- - As the school year begins, Sierra College is taking an extra step to ensure that one group of students gets off to a good start.
Roseville Chamber Events September 2014Roseville, CA -- The Roseville Chamber of Commerce featured events for the month of September 2014.
American River Music Festival in SeptemberDip your toes in the river while grooving to world renowned vintage rock, blues, new and old grass, sweet jam and the finest of folk at the 8th Annual American River Music Festival in California's scenic Gold Country
Local Man Earns Inclusion in National Pottery ExhibitionsRocklin, CA-- Sierra College congratulates local sculptor and staffer, Anthony Maki Gill for earning inclusion in not just one, but two national exhibitions this summer
Placer Fish and Game Commission Solicit Grant ProposalsThe Placer County Fish and Game Commission is soliciting grant proposals from non-profit organizations, schools, other organizations and individuals
$7 Billion Water Bond Supported by Sacramento SupervisorsDrought Watch: AB 1471, the legislation placing the water bond on the ballot, asks voters to approve $7.12 billion for projects which will build new water storage facilities, invests in safe drinking water
Gas Prices Under $3 Gallon Coming Soon?Average retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 3.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.79/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey