New California Laws for 2014 (Part 20)
Part 20 of new California laws for 2014 includes public records, bobcat protection, home care services, hazardous drugs, Medi-Cal, horse racing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 20
- AB 1112 Ch. 595 Transportation transactions and use taxes: Bay Area.
- AB 1181 Ch. 305 Public employee organizations: members:paid leaves of absence.
- AB 1183 Ch. 18 Civil discovery: motion to compel further response.
- AB 1186 Ch. 506 *State Athletic Commission. Effective October 03, 2013.
- AB 1195 Ch. 272 Public records: crime victims.
- AB 1202 Ch. 678 Occupational safety and health standards: hazardous drugs.
- AB 1213 Ch. 748 Bobcat Protection Act of 2013.
- AB 1215 Ch. 199 Clinical laboratories.
- AB 1217 Ch. 790 Home Care Services Consumer Protection Act. Selected or all provisions operative January 1, 2015. Bill may contain other operative provisions.
- AB 1218 Ch. 189 California State Auditor: duties.
- AB 1220 Ch. 433 Consumer credit reporting: adverse action.
- AB 1222 Ch. 527 * Public employees' retirement: collective bargaining: transit workers: transportation. Effective October 04, 2013.
- AB 1226 Ch. 434 * Horse racing: jockey riding fees. Effective September 30, 2013.
- AB 1232 Ch. 679 Developmental services: quality assessment system.
- AB 1233 Ch. 306 * Medi-Cal: Administrative Claiming process. Effective September 09, 2013.
- AB 1236 Ch. 114 Contractors: limited liability companies.
- AB 1245 Ch. 462 * Tribal gaming: compact ratification. Effective October 01, 2013.
- AB 1247 Ch. 537 * Business investments: Small Business Financial Assistance Act of 2013. Effective October 04, 2013.
- AB 1248 Ch. 190 Controller: internal control guidelines applicable to local agencies.
- AB 1250 Ch. 19 Privileged communications: official information: identity of informer.
- AB 1252 Ch. 556 Retail food safety.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.