New California Laws for 2014 (Part 21)
Part 21 of new California laws for 2014 includes midwifery, sex-segregated school programs, tribal gambling, mobile advertising, organ donations, privacy, income tax and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 21
- AB 1112 Ch. 595 Transportation transactions and use taxes: Bay Area.
- AB 1253 Ch. 652 Vehicles: mobile advertising displays.
- AB 1255 Ch. 538 Corporations: consumer cooperatives.
- AB 1257 Ch. 749 Energy: State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission: natural gas.
- AB 1259 Ch. 246 Sacramento-San Joaquin Valley.
- AB 1266 Ch. 85 Pupil rights: sex-segregated school programs and activities.
- AB 1267 Ch. 6 * Tribal gaming: compact ratification. Effective May 30, 2013.
- AB 1273 Ch. 381 Assembly Member Ting Tidelands and submerged lands: City and County of San Francisco: Piers 30-32: multipurpose venue.
- AB 1274 Ch. 597 Privacy: customer electrical or natural gas usage data.
- AB 1275 Ch. 128 Unclaimed property: filing of claims.
- AB 1280 Ch. 557 Public assistance payments and unemployment compensation benefits: electronic fund transfer: qualifying accounts.
- AB 1282 Ch. 115 Financial institutions: credit unions.
- AB 1286 Ch. 664 Personal income tax: voluntary contributions: California Breast Cancer Research Fund.
- AB 1288 Ch. 307 Medical Board of California and Osteopathic Medical Board of California:licensing: application processing.
- AB 1289 Ch. 191 State government: California Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
- AB 1293 Ch. 382 Courts.
- AB 1297 Ch. 341 Coroners: organ donation
- AB 1299 Ch. 507 Telecommunications: universal service programs: California Advanced Services Fund.
- AB 1308 Ch. 665 Midwifery.
- AB 1309 Ch. 653 Workers' compensation: professional athletes.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesProposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.
Roseville Physician Elected to TMPG Chair of the BoardChris Palkowski, MD, has been elected chair of the board of directors of The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG), the governing board of the largest medical group in the nation with 8,000 physicians serving 3.4 million