New California Laws for 2014 (Part 25)
Part 25 of new California laws for 2014 includes sex crimes, human trafficking, courts, corrections, Medi-Cal, school finance, Mental Health Wellness Act and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 25
- SB 0054 Ch. 795 Hazardous materials management: stationary sources: skilled and trained workforce.
- SB 0057 Ch. 776 Electronic monitoring: removing or disabling GPS device: offense.
- SB 0059 Ch. 282 * Crimes: sex crimes.
- SB 0060 Ch. 147 Crime victims: human trafficking.
- SB 0067 Ch. 4 * In-home supportive services.
- SB 0068 Ch. 5 * Budget Act of 2012.
- SB 0071 Ch. 28 * State government.
- SB 0073 Ch. 29 * Energy: Proposition 39 implementation.
- SB 0074 Ch. 30 * Corrections.
- SB 0075 Ch. 31 * Courts.
- SB 0076 Ch. 32 * Public safety.
- SB 0078 Ch. 33 * Public health: Medi-Cal managed care plan taxes.
- SB 0082 Ch. 34 * Investment in Mental Health Wellness Act of 2013.
- SB 0085 Ch. 35 * Transportation.
- SB 0089 Ch. 36 * Budget Act of 2012: augmentation.
- SB 0090 Ch. 70 * Economic development: taxation: credits:exemption.
- SB 0091 Ch. 49 * School finance.
- SB 0094 Ch. 37 * Medi-Cal: managed care: long-term services and supports: in-home supportive services.
- SB 0096 Ch. 356 * Budget Act of 2013: public resources.
- SB 0097 Ch. 357 * School finance: local control funding formula.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPonzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.