New California Laws for 2014 (Part 26)
Part 26 of new California laws for 2014 includes school finance, health care, liquors, corrections, sexual assault, unemployment insurance and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 26
- SB 0097 Ch. 357 * School finance: local control funding formula.
- SB 0098 Ch. 358 * Public health.
- SB 0099 Ch. 359 * Active Transportation Program.
- SB 0100 Ch. 360 * Public finance.
- SB 0101 Ch. 361 * Health.
- SB 0102 Ch. 397 * State employees: memoranda of understanding.
- SB 0105 Ch. 310 * Corrections.
- SB 0106 Ch. 41 * California Central Coast State Veterans Cemetery at Fort Ord Endowment Fund.
- SB 0107 Ch. 148 Sexual assault: victim medical evidentiary examination.
- SB 0109 Ch. 752 Charter-party carriers: limousines:emergency exits.
- SB 0111 Ch. 151 Elections: voter signature.
- SB 0112 Ch. 118 Voter information: public examination.
- SB 0114 Ch. 42 Commercially sexually exploited minors.
- SB 0116 Ch. 222 Personal income taxes: voluntary contributions: Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- SB 0118 Ch. 562 Unemployment insurance: education and workforce investment systems.
- SB 0119 Ch. 205 Crematories: burning of flags.
- SB 0120 Ch. 43 *Intoxicating liquors.
- SB 0122 Ch. 204 Vessels: abandonment: abatement.
- SB 0126 Ch. 680 Health care coverage: pervasive developmental disorder or autism.
- SB 0127 Ch. 753 Firearms: mentally disordered persons.
- SB 0128 Ch. 206 * Community facilities districts: transfer of governance authority.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.