New California Laws for 2014 (Part 26)
SHARE with Friend
Part 26 of new California laws for 2014 includes school finance, health care, liquors, corrections, sexual assault, unemployment insurance and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 26
- SB 0097 Ch. 357 * School finance: local control funding formula.
- SB 0098 Ch. 358 * Public health.
- SB 0099 Ch. 359 * Active Transportation Program.
- SB 0100 Ch. 360 * Public finance.
- SB 0101 Ch. 361 * Health.
- SB 0102 Ch. 397 * State employees: memoranda of understanding.
- SB 0105 Ch. 310 * Corrections.
- SB 0106 Ch. 41 * California Central Coast State Veterans Cemetery at Fort Ord Endowment Fund.
- SB 0107 Ch. 148 Sexual assault: victim medical evidentiary examination.
- SB 0109 Ch. 752 Charter-party carriers: limousines:emergency exits.
- SB 0111 Ch. 151 Elections: voter signature.
- SB 0112 Ch. 118 Voter information: public examination.
- SB 0114 Ch. 42 Commercially sexually exploited minors.
- SB 0116 Ch. 222 Personal income taxes: voluntary contributions: Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- SB 0118 Ch. 562 Unemployment insurance: education and workforce investment systems.
- SB 0119 Ch. 205 Crematories: burning of flags.
- SB 0120 Ch. 43 *Intoxicating liquors.
- SB 0122 Ch. 204 Vessels: abandonment: abatement.
- SB 0126 Ch. 680 Health care coverage: pervasive developmental disorder or autism.
- SB 0127 Ch. 753 Firearms: mentally disordered persons.
- SB 0128 Ch. 206 * Community facilities districts: transfer of governance authority.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesTahoe Bike Classic Sept. 27 & 28The inaugural Tahoe Bike Classic will take over the Lake Tahoe basin this fall, September 27 & 28, 2014.
Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New MembersThe Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental ReviewWith the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research AwardsResearch could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and EntrepreneursIt's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system
Hyundai scores with Santa Fe SUVsOne of Hyundai's more impressive vehicles is the 2014 Santa Fe, a sport utility vehicle that has three rows and seats seven. It replaced the 2012 Veracruz in the Hyundai lineup.
Adoption Involving Fetal Alcohol SyndromeLaura Bloch adored his picture. "My husband and I had just been approved through an adoption agency and the agency sent out a letter with a picture of a child on it,"
Placer County Wines Honored with 52 AwardsPlacer County Wine Trail wines have delighted judges' taste buds again at this year's California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
Border Crisis and Illegal Immigration in the United StatesCongressman McClintock recently delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the United States Border Crisis.