New California Laws for 2014 (Part 26)
SHARE with Friend
Part 26 of new California laws for 2014 includes school finance, health care, liquors, corrections, sexual assault, unemployment insurance and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 26
- SB 0097 Ch. 357 * School finance: local control funding formula.
- SB 0098 Ch. 358 * Public health.
- SB 0099 Ch. 359 * Active Transportation Program.
- SB 0100 Ch. 360 * Public finance.
- SB 0101 Ch. 361 * Health.
- SB 0102 Ch. 397 * State employees: memoranda of understanding.
- SB 0105 Ch. 310 * Corrections.
- SB 0106 Ch. 41 * California Central Coast State Veterans Cemetery at Fort Ord Endowment Fund.
- SB 0107 Ch. 148 Sexual assault: victim medical evidentiary examination.
- SB 0109 Ch. 752 Charter-party carriers: limousines:emergency exits.
- SB 0111 Ch. 151 Elections: voter signature.
- SB 0112 Ch. 118 Voter information: public examination.
- SB 0114 Ch. 42 Commercially sexually exploited minors.
- SB 0116 Ch. 222 Personal income taxes: voluntary contributions: Emergency Food Assistance Program.
- SB 0118 Ch. 562 Unemployment insurance: education and workforce investment systems.
- SB 0119 Ch. 205 Crematories: burning of flags.
- SB 0120 Ch. 43 *Intoxicating liquors.
- SB 0122 Ch. 204 Vessels: abandonment: abatement.
- SB 0126 Ch. 680 Health care coverage: pervasive developmental disorder or autism.
- SB 0127 Ch. 753 Firearms: mentally disordered persons.
- SB 0128 Ch. 206 * Community facilities districts: transfer of governance authority.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesCalifornia Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer CountyPlacer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
Auburn Woman Attacked Inside HomePlacer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and LincolnASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
Tahoe Public Projects Garner AttentionTahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5thEach community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
Recovery Plan for California Salmon and SteelheadNOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley
Rocklin Crime Report Digest Update (7.22.14)The Rocklin Police Department's crime report digest update for the period of July 15, 2014 - July 21, 2014.
Noodles & Company Opening Roseville and Rocklin LocationsNoodles & Company is opening two new locations in Roseville and Rocklin over the next two weeks.
Raley's Wins Telly AwardsRaley's has been awarded an astounding total of 24 Telly Awards in Commercial and Online Video categories