New California Laws for 2014 (Part 27)
Part 27 of new California laws for 2014 includes Deaf and disabled telecommunications, Mountain lions, CalFresh eligibility, Sex offenders, firearms, Workers' compensation, scenic highways and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 27
- SB 0128 Ch. 206 * Community facilities districts: transfer of governance authority.
- SB 0129 Ch. 332 * Deaf and disabled telecommunications program.
- SB 0130 Ch. Witnesses.
- SB 0132 Ch. Mountain lions.
- SB 0134 Ch. CalFresh eligibility.
- SB 0135 Ch. Earthquake early warning system.
- SB 0138 Ch. Confidentiality of medical information.
- SB 0139 Ch. Exchange facilitators.
- SB 0140 Ch. Firearms: prohibited persons. Effective May 01, 2013.
- SB 0141 Ch. Postsecondary education benefits: children of deported or voluntarily departed parents.
- SB 0142 Ch. Public transit.
- SB 0145 Ch. Sex offenders: child pornography.
- SB 0146 Ch. Workers' compensation: medical treatment: billing.
- SB 0150 Ch. Pupils: concurrent enrollment in secondary school and community college:nonresident tuition exemption.
- SB 0152 Ch. Licensed professionals: engineers:geologists: geophysicists.
- SB 0155 Ch. Vehicles: motor vehicle manufacturers and distributors.
- SB 0159 Ch. Public cemetery districts: Kern River Valley Cemetery District.
- SB 0161 Ch. Stop-loss insurance coverage.
- SB 0162 Ch. Prisoners: temporary removal.
- SB 0168 Ch. Farm labor contractors: successors: wages and penalties.
- SB 0169 Ch. State highways: scenic highways.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesWhy We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.