New California Laws for 2014 (Part 28)
Part 28 of new California laws for 2014 includes homeless youth education, instructional materials, validations, election petitions, utility rates, commericial fishing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 28
- SB 0171 Ch. Drainage: Coachella Valley County Water District.
- SB 0177 Ch. Homeless Youth Education Success Act.
- SB 0181 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0182 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0183 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0184 Ch. Local government: omnibus bill.
- SB 0185 Ch. Instructional materials: digital format.
- SB 0191 Ch. Emergency medical services.
- SB 0194 Ch. Vehicles: electronic wireless communications device: prohibitions.
- SB 0195 Ch. California postsecondary education: state goals.
- SB 0196 Ch. Utility rates: mobile homes and apartment buildings.
- SB 0197 Ch. 368 Commercial fishing: commercial fishing salmon stamp.
- SB 0198 Ch. 389 Physical Therapy Board of California.
- SB 0201 Ch. 478 Instructional materials: academic content standards: English learners.
- SB 0203 Ch. 464 Local transportation funds: Ventura County.
- SB 0208 Ch. 656 Public social services: contracting.
- SB 0209 Ch. 543 Income taxes: exclusion: deferral: qualified small business stock.
- SB 0211 Ch. 513 Tax administration: disclosure of information: Franchise Tax Board and cities.
- SB 0213 Ch. 278 Election petitions: circulators.
- SB 0215 Ch. 778 Public employee benefits.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Concert Series AnnouncedRoseville's Summer Concert Series kicks off this year on May 17, 2014 with a tribute to the Eagles.
Roseville Online Bidding Service Aims for Broader ExposureThe City of Roseville is now partnering with Public Purchase for posting, notifying and awarding of all formal requests for quotes (RFQs) and request for proposals (RFPs).
Rocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help