New California Laws for 2014 (Part 28)
Part 28 of new California laws for 2014 includes homeless youth education, instructional materials, validations, election petitions, utility rates, commericial fishing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 28
- SB 0171 Ch. Drainage: Coachella Valley County Water District.
- SB 0177 Ch. Homeless Youth Education Success Act.
- SB 0181 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0182 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0183 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0184 Ch. Local government: omnibus bill.
- SB 0185 Ch. Instructional materials: digital format.
- SB 0191 Ch. Emergency medical services.
- SB 0194 Ch. Vehicles: electronic wireless communications device: prohibitions.
- SB 0195 Ch. California postsecondary education: state goals.
- SB 0196 Ch. Utility rates: mobile homes and apartment buildings.
- SB 0197 Ch. 368 Commercial fishing: commercial fishing salmon stamp.
- SB 0198 Ch. 389 Physical Therapy Board of California.
- SB 0201 Ch. 478 Instructional materials: academic content standards: English learners.
- SB 0203 Ch. 464 Local transportation funds: Ventura County.
- SB 0208 Ch. 656 Public social services: contracting.
- SB 0209 Ch. 543 Income taxes: exclusion: deferral: qualified small business stock.
- SB 0211 Ch. 513 Tax administration: disclosure of information: Franchise Tax Board and cities.
- SB 0213 Ch. 278 Election petitions: circulators.
- SB 0215 Ch. 778 Public employee benefits.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesSierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.
Hot Pink Fun Run in Downtown Roseville September 28thRegistration is now open for the 7th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, a family-friendly run, walk and fun zone on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Monty Python's Spamalot at Roseville TheaterSPAMALOT tells the legendary tale of King Arthur's quest to find the Holy Grail. However, diverting a bit from the true story, this hilarious musical
High Marks for Sierra College Energy Tech StudentsThe Sierra College Energy Technology students who took the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Entry-level exam in June 2014, all passed.
Multiple Sclerosis Becomes Counselor's AssetDuring most of the '70s, Kathe Skinner, now a 65-year-old licensed marriage family therapist in Colorado Springs, Colorado, couldn't figure out what was wrong with her body.
Placer Water Agency Eyes $7 Billion Bond OpportunityFunding for water resource improvements in Placer County could be possible if California voters support the $7.12 billion bond issue on the Nov. 4 ballot, it was
Napa Earthquake Victims Urged to Hire Licensed ContractorsEarthquake: The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging residents of Napa Valley and surrounding areas to only hire California-licensed contractors
8 Arrested in Roseville Police Drug and ID Theft OperationRoseville Police detectives, following up on a Roseville drug case, searched a home in Sacramento and found evidence of methamphetamine sales and identity theft involving scores of victims.
Placer County Republican Party Announces EndorsementsThe Placer County Republican Party has announced the following endorsements in local races for the November 2014 election.
Federal Subpoena Served to Placer County Sheriff's OfficeThe Placer County Sheriff's Office has received several inquiries about employee internal investigations and a federal subpoena.