New California Laws for 2014 (Part 28)
Part 28 of new California laws for 2014 includes homeless youth education, instructional materials, validations, election petitions, utility rates, commericial fishing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 28
- SB 0171 Ch. Drainage: Coachella Valley County Water District.
- SB 0177 Ch. Homeless Youth Education Success Act.
- SB 0181 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0182 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0183 Ch. Validations.
- SB 0184 Ch. Local government: omnibus bill.
- SB 0185 Ch. Instructional materials: digital format.
- SB 0191 Ch. Emergency medical services.
- SB 0194 Ch. Vehicles: electronic wireless communications device: prohibitions.
- SB 0195 Ch. California postsecondary education: state goals.
- SB 0196 Ch. Utility rates: mobile homes and apartment buildings.
- SB 0197 Ch. 368 Commercial fishing: commercial fishing salmon stamp.
- SB 0198 Ch. 389 Physical Therapy Board of California.
- SB 0201 Ch. 478 Instructional materials: academic content standards: English learners.
- SB 0203 Ch. 464 Local transportation funds: Ventura County.
- SB 0208 Ch. 656 Public social services: contracting.
- SB 0209 Ch. 543 Income taxes: exclusion: deferral: qualified small business stock.
- SB 0211 Ch. 513 Tax administration: disclosure of information: Franchise Tax Board and cities.
- SB 0213 Ch. 278 Election petitions: circulators.
- SB 0215 Ch. 778 Public employee benefits.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesArrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville
Get in Gear for May is Bike MonthIt's time to tune up your bikes and join your neighbors and coworkers in bicycling for work, school, errands, or recreation this May during the Sacramento region's annual May is Bike Month campaign.
Sriracha Factory Courted by Oroville Economic AllianceAs the controversy continues to heat up over the possible relocation of the Sriracha factory in Irwindale, California, Oroville Economic Alliance announces its ambition to have the Sriracha plant
America's Clay Fest II Competition in RocklinGot old meds? The next county-wide medication take-back day will be on Saturday, April 26, when you can safely dispose of expired or unneeded prescription, over the counter and veterinary medication
Large Emergency Drill at Colfax High April 26thResidents need not be alarmed if they spot scores of emergency vehicles at Colfax High School on Saturday, April 26.
Big DoG Countdown: Child Advocates of Placer CountyBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Child Advocates of Placer County impacts your community.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: An Affordable Compact SUVWhen shopping for a Mitsubishi Outlander, note that there's quite a major difference between the "standard" Outlander and the Outlander Sport.