New California Laws for 2014 (Part 29)
Part 29 of new California laws for 2014 includes debt buying, RV's, insurance notices, student assessment, solid waster, prepaid rental listing service, welfare-to-work requirements and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 29
- SB 0220 Ch. 526 California Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013: administration.
- SB 0232 Ch. 694 * California Central Coast State Veterans Cemetery at Fort Ord Endowment Fund.
- SB 0233 Ch. 64 Debt buying.
- SB 0234 Ch. 179 *Recreational off-highway vehicles.
- SB 0236 Ch. 716 *School districts: four-day school week: Moorpark Unified School District.
- SB 0238 Ch. 211 Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy members: voting.
- SB 0239 Ch. 657 *Medi-Cal: hospitals: quality assurance fees: distinct part skilled nursing facilities.
- SB 0243 Ch. 465 Professional clinical counselors.
- SB 0246 Ch. 343 Bighorn-Desert View Water Agency.
- SB 0247 Ch. 479 Pupil assessment: grade 2 diagnostic assessments.
- SB 0249 Ch. 445 Public health: health records:confidentiality.
- SB 0250 Ch. 344 Olive Oil Commission of California.
- SB 0251 Ch. 369 Insurance: notice: electronic transmission.
- SB 0252 Ch. 563 CalWORKs: welfare-to-work requirements.
- SB 0254 Ch. 388 Solid waste: used mattresses: recycling and recovery.
- SB 0255 Ch. 466 * Disorderly conduct: invasion of privacy. Effective October 01, 2013.
- SB 0260 Ch. 312 Youth offender parole hearings.
- SB 0261 Ch. 163 Contractors: fraudulent use of license.
- SB 0262 Ch. 180 Contractors.
- SB 0269 Ch. 436 Prepaid rental listing service.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRemedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.