New California Laws for 2014 (Part 30)
Part 30 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes advertising, family law, life insurance, Sterile drug products, sexual harassment, foreclosures, sexually violent predators and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 30
- SB 0271 Ch. 384 Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program.
- SB 0272 Ch. 695 Advertising and solicitations: government and military endorsements.
- SB 0274 Ch. 564 Family law: parentage: child custody and support.
- SB 0277 Ch. 755 State Peace Officers' and Firefighters'Defined Contribution Plan.
- SB 0279 Ch. 514 San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- SB 0281 Ch. 345 Life insurance: accelerated death benefits.
- SB 0282 Ch. 58 Confidential medical information: required authorization to disclose.
- SB 0286 Ch. 414 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- SB 0288 Ch. 756 Employment protections: time off.
- SB 0290 Ch. 696 Nonresident tuition exemption: veterans.
- SB 0291 Ch. 601 Public Utilities Commission: safety enforcement: gas and electrical corporations.
- SB 0292 Ch. 88 Employment: sexual harassment.
- SB 0294 Ch. 565 Sterile drug products.
- SB 0295 Ch. 182 Sexually violent predators: civil commitment.
- SB 0298 Ch. 626 Local government: supplemental law enforcement services.
- SB 0300 Ch. 480 Instructional materials: revised curriculum frameworks: science and English language arts.
- SB 0303 Ch. 149 Peace officers: identification certificates: concealed weapon endorsement.
- SB 0304 Ch. 515 Healing arts: boards. SB 0305 Ch. 516 Healing arts: boards.
- SB 0308 Ch. 333 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0309 Ch. 370 State Athletic Commission.
- SB 0310 Ch. 251 Mortgages: foreclosure notices: title companies.
- SB 0311 Ch. 184 Local elections: charters and charter proposals.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville California Crime Brief (8.31.14)Roseville, CA - Roseville California crime brief update report for August 31, 2014.
Acura ILX: Luxury Vehicle, Reasonable PriceFor car shoppers looking for an upscale luxury sedan that doesn't arrive with a luxurious price tag, Acura debuted the ILX a year ago and its back for 2014 virtually unchanged
People with Autism Especially VulnerablePerhaps like you, recently I read of an incident in Okeechobee, Florida, in which an 18-year-old man was recorded on video beating, choking, kicking, and holding a knife to the throat of a 16-year-old boy with autism.
54 Year Old Roseville Woman Killed with Own VehicleRoseville- 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson was killed when her SUV rolled backwards as she was retrieving a bicycle from her 1997 Ford Explorer.
Photos: Napa Earthquake DamageWe recently had the opportunity to tour Napa following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake. The downtown area of Napa which contains many older buildings was hit especially hard.
California Senate Passes New Gun Violence BillCalifornia's state today passed the "Gun Violence Restraining Order (AB 1014)," legislation that would allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court
Laura's Law Implementation in Placer CountyPlacer County became the sixth county in California Tuesday to implement Laura's Law - a state statute that authorizes court-ordered assisted outpatient treatment of residents with severe
$22 Million Animal Services Center in Auburn Moves ForwardThe Placer County Board of Supervisors awarded a design-build contract on Tuesday that paves the way for construction of a long-planned Animal Services Center in North Auburn that
Autism in Girls Study Launched in CaliforniaAutism is far more common in boys than girls - affecting 1 in 54 boys and 1 in 252 girls - but little is known about biological differences between boys and girls with autism.
Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.