New California Laws for 2014 (Part 30)
Part 30 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes advertising, family law, life insurance, Sterile drug products, sexual harassment, foreclosures, sexually violent predators and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 30
- SB 0271 Ch. 384 Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program.
- SB 0272 Ch. 695 Advertising and solicitations: government and military endorsements.
- SB 0274 Ch. 564 Family law: parentage: child custody and support.
- SB 0277 Ch. 755 State Peace Officers' and Firefighters'Defined Contribution Plan.
- SB 0279 Ch. 514 San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- SB 0281 Ch. 345 Life insurance: accelerated death benefits.
- SB 0282 Ch. 58 Confidential medical information: required authorization to disclose.
- SB 0286 Ch. 414 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- SB 0288 Ch. 756 Employment protections: time off.
- SB 0290 Ch. 696 Nonresident tuition exemption: veterans.
- SB 0291 Ch. 601 Public Utilities Commission: safety enforcement: gas and electrical corporations.
- SB 0292 Ch. 88 Employment: sexual harassment.
- SB 0294 Ch. 565 Sterile drug products.
- SB 0295 Ch. 182 Sexually violent predators: civil commitment.
- SB 0298 Ch. 626 Local government: supplemental law enforcement services.
- SB 0300 Ch. 480 Instructional materials: revised curriculum frameworks: science and English language arts.
- SB 0303 Ch. 149 Peace officers: identification certificates: concealed weapon endorsement.
- SB 0304 Ch. 515 Healing arts: boards. SB 0305 Ch. 516 Healing arts: boards.
- SB 0308 Ch. 333 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0309 Ch. 370 State Athletic Commission.
- SB 0310 Ch. 251 Mortgages: foreclosure notices: title companies.
- SB 0311 Ch. 184 Local elections: charters and charter proposals.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesArrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville
Get in Gear for May is Bike MonthIt's time to tune up your bikes and join your neighbors and coworkers in bicycling for work, school, errands, or recreation this May during the Sacramento region's annual May is Bike Month campaign.
Sriracha Factory Courted by Oroville Economic AllianceAs the controversy continues to heat up over the possible relocation of the Sriracha factory in Irwindale, California, Oroville Economic Alliance announces its ambition to have the Sriracha plant
America's Clay Fest II Competition in RocklinGot old meds? The next county-wide medication take-back day will be on Saturday, April 26, when you can safely dispose of expired or unneeded prescription, over the counter and veterinary medication
Large Emergency Drill at Colfax High April 26thResidents need not be alarmed if they spot scores of emergency vehicles at Colfax High School on Saturday, April 26.
Big DoG Countdown: Child Advocates of Placer CountyBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Child Advocates of Placer County impacts your community.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: An Affordable Compact SUVWhen shopping for a Mitsubishi Outlander, note that there's quite a major difference between the "standard" Outlander and the Outlander Sport.