New California Laws for 2014 (Part 30)
Part 30 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes advertising, family law, life insurance, Sterile drug products, sexual harassment, foreclosures, sexually violent predators and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 30
- SB 0271 Ch. 384 Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program.
- SB 0272 Ch. 695 Advertising and solicitations: government and military endorsements.
- SB 0274 Ch. 564 Family law: parentage: child custody and support.
- SB 0277 Ch. 755 State Peace Officers' and Firefighters'Defined Contribution Plan.
- SB 0279 Ch. 514 San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- SB 0281 Ch. 345 Life insurance: accelerated death benefits.
- SB 0282 Ch. 58 Confidential medical information: required authorization to disclose.
- SB 0286 Ch. 414 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- SB 0288 Ch. 756 Employment protections: time off.
- SB 0290 Ch. 696 Nonresident tuition exemption: veterans.
- SB 0291 Ch. 601 Public Utilities Commission: safety enforcement: gas and electrical corporations.
- SB 0292 Ch. 88 Employment: sexual harassment.
- SB 0294 Ch. 565 Sterile drug products.
- SB 0295 Ch. 182 Sexually violent predators: civil commitment.
- SB 0298 Ch. 626 Local government: supplemental law enforcement services.
- SB 0300 Ch. 480 Instructional materials: revised curriculum frameworks: science and English language arts.
- SB 0303 Ch. 149 Peace officers: identification certificates: concealed weapon endorsement.
- SB 0304 Ch. 515 Healing arts: boards. SB 0305 Ch. 516 Healing arts: boards.
- SB 0308 Ch. 333 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0309 Ch. 370 State Athletic Commission.
- SB 0310 Ch. 251 Mortgages: foreclosure notices: title companies.
- SB 0311 Ch. 184 Local elections: charters and charter proposals.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesShooting in Rocklin on Abilene Circle Injures OneRocklin, CA - On 4-18-14 at 11:47 PM, Rocklin Officers responded to the 1600 block of Abilene Circle on a report of a possible shooting
Big DoG Countdown: PRIDE IndustriesBig DoG Countdown: Learn about how PRIDE Industries impacts your community.
Roseville Shooting Leads to Arrest of Sacramento TrioAt 7:45 p.m. April 16, officers responded to a report of shots fired from a car toward another car in the area of Pleasant Grove Boulevard and Fairway Drive.
Roseville Crime Report Digest (4-17-14)The Roseville Police Department's Crime Report Digest for April 17, 2014.
John and Marilyn Redding Recipients of 2014 Public Safety Leadership Award John and Marilyn Redding were this year's recipients of the Public Safety Leadership Award, which was presented to the Rocklin couple at the third annual Victim's Rights Breakfast.
Your Aging Genes and Risk of DementiaUC Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center Director Charles DeCarli will discuss "Your aging genes: What you need to know about your risk for dementia" during the Community Discovery Lecture Series on Thursday, May 8
America's ClayFest II in RosevilleThe Art League of Lincoln in conjunction with Blue Line Arts will be holding the second annual art show and competition at the beautiful Blue Line Arts in Roseville, CA
Placer Pops Chorale Spring Concert SeriesTickets are still available for the popular Placer Pops Chorale Spring Concert Series, directed by Lorin Miller, but hurry - they're going fast!
Chocolate Fest in Paradise May 10thExperience a chocolate paradise on the Paradise/Magalia ridge nestled among tall green pines in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and overlooking the Sacramento Valley
Big DoG Countdown: Soldiers ProjectBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Soldiers Project impacts your community.
Big DoG Countdown: KidsFirstBig DoG Countdown: Learn about how KidsFirst impacts your community.
End of Life Planning: A Difficult Subject for ManyIt is often difficult to imagine your end of life care-or end of life care for a loved one-in the event you or your loved one becomes incapable of making health care decisions.