New California Laws for 2014 (Part 30)
SHARE with Friend
Part 30 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes advertising, family law, life insurance, Sterile drug products, sexual harassment, foreclosures, sexually violent predators and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 30
- SB 0271 Ch. 384 Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program.
- SB 0272 Ch. 695 Advertising and solicitations: government and military endorsements.
- SB 0274 Ch. 564 Family law: parentage: child custody and support.
- SB 0277 Ch. 755 State Peace Officers' and Firefighters'Defined Contribution Plan.
- SB 0279 Ch. 514 San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- SB 0281 Ch. 345 Life insurance: accelerated death benefits.
- SB 0282 Ch. 58 Confidential medical information: required authorization to disclose.
- SB 0286 Ch. 414 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- SB 0288 Ch. 756 Employment protections: time off.
- SB 0290 Ch. 696 Nonresident tuition exemption: veterans.
- SB 0291 Ch. 601 Public Utilities Commission: safety enforcement: gas and electrical corporations.
- SB 0292 Ch. 88 Employment: sexual harassment.
- SB 0294 Ch. 565 Sterile drug products.
- SB 0295 Ch. 182 Sexually violent predators: civil commitment.
- SB 0298 Ch. 626 Local government: supplemental law enforcement services.
- SB 0300 Ch. 480 Instructional materials: revised curriculum frameworks: science and English language arts.
- SB 0303 Ch. 149 Peace officers: identification certificates: concealed weapon endorsement.
- SB 0304 Ch. 515 Healing arts: boards. SB 0305 Ch. 516 Healing arts: boards.
- SB 0308 Ch. 333 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0309 Ch. 370 State Athletic Commission.
- SB 0310 Ch. 251 Mortgages: foreclosure notices: title companies.
- SB 0311 Ch. 184 Local elections: charters and charter proposals.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Republican Party To Hold 2014 ConventionLOOMIS - The Placer County Republican Party will hold its endorsement convention on Aug. 23 to select which candidates to support for local offices in Placer County.
Job Fair in Roseville August 22ndRoseville, CA -- Multiple community agencies including Brandman University, The City of Roseville Libraries, Placer, Sacramento and El Dorado Counties, Golden Sierra Job Training, and Sacramento Works
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.23.14)The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 23, 2014.
California Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer CountyPlacer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
Auburn Woman Attacked Inside HomePlacer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and LincolnASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
Tahoe Public Projects Garner AttentionTahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5thEach community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
Recovery Plan for California Salmon and SteelheadNOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley