New California Laws for 2014 (Part 30)
Part 30 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes advertising, family law, life insurance, Sterile drug products, sexual harassment, foreclosures, sexually violent predators and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 30
- SB 0271 Ch. 384 Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program.
- SB 0272 Ch. 695 Advertising and solicitations: government and military endorsements.
- SB 0274 Ch. 564 Family law: parentage: child custody and support.
- SB 0277 Ch. 755 State Peace Officers' and Firefighters'Defined Contribution Plan.
- SB 0279 Ch. 514 San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority.
- SB 0281 Ch. 345 Life insurance: accelerated death benefits.
- SB 0282 Ch. 58 Confidential medical information: required authorization to disclose.
- SB 0286 Ch. 414 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- SB 0288 Ch. 756 Employment protections: time off.
- SB 0290 Ch. 696 Nonresident tuition exemption: veterans.
- SB 0291 Ch. 601 Public Utilities Commission: safety enforcement: gas and electrical corporations.
- SB 0292 Ch. 88 Employment: sexual harassment.
- SB 0294 Ch. 565 Sterile drug products.
- SB 0295 Ch. 182 Sexually violent predators: civil commitment.
- SB 0298 Ch. 626 Local government: supplemental law enforcement services.
- SB 0300 Ch. 480 Instructional materials: revised curriculum frameworks: science and English language arts.
- SB 0303 Ch. 149 Peace officers: identification certificates: concealed weapon endorsement.
- SB 0304 Ch. 515 Healing arts: boards. SB 0305 Ch. 516 Healing arts: boards.
- SB 0308 Ch. 333 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0309 Ch. 370 State Athletic Commission.
- SB 0310 Ch. 251 Mortgages: foreclosure notices: title companies.
- SB 0311 Ch. 184 Local elections: charters and charter proposals.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesSierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.
Hot Pink Fun Run in Downtown Roseville September 28thRegistration is now open for the 7th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, a family-friendly run, walk and fun zone on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Monty Python's Spamalot at Roseville TheaterSPAMALOT tells the legendary tale of King Arthur's quest to find the Holy Grail. However, diverting a bit from the true story, this hilarious musical
High Marks for Sierra College Energy Tech StudentsThe Sierra College Energy Technology students who took the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Entry-level exam in June 2014, all passed.
Multiple Sclerosis Becomes Counselor's AssetDuring most of the '70s, Kathe Skinner, now a 65-year-old licensed marriage family therapist in Colorado Springs, Colorado, couldn't figure out what was wrong with her body.
Placer Water Agency Eyes $7 Billion Bond OpportunityFunding for water resource improvements in Placer County could be possible if California voters support the $7.12 billion bond issue on the Nov. 4 ballot, it was
Napa Earthquake Victims Urged to Hire Licensed ContractorsEarthquake: The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging residents of Napa Valley and surrounding areas to only hire California-licensed contractors
8 Arrested in Roseville Police Drug and ID Theft OperationRoseville Police detectives, following up on a Roseville drug case, searched a home in Sacramento and found evidence of methamphetamine sales and identity theft involving scores of victims.
Placer County Republican Party Announces EndorsementsThe Placer County Republican Party has announced the following endorsements in local races for the November 2014 election.
Federal Subpoena Served to Placer County Sheriff's OfficeThe Placer County Sheriff's Office has received several inquiries about employee internal investigations and a federal subpoena.