New California Laws for 2014 (Part 31)
Part 31 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes water recycling, Health Benefit Exchange, foster children, attorneys, youth shelters, medical assistants, sex offenders, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 31
- SB 0313 Ch. 779 Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill of Rights Act.
- SB 0318 Ch. 467 Consumer loans: Pilot Program for Increased Access to Responsible Small Dollar Loans.
- SB 0322 Ch. 637 Water recycling.
- SB 0324 Ch. 164 * Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions: advertising.
- SB 0325 Ch. 175 Trustees of the California State University: student members.
- SB 0326 Ch. 279 Sex offenders.
- SB 0328 Ch. 517 Counties: public works contracts.
- SB 0330 Ch. 481 Pupil instruction: health framework: mental health instruction.
- SB 0332 Ch. 446 * California Health Benefit Exchange:records.
- SB 0333 Ch. 284 Crimes: emergencies: false reporting.
- SB 0335 Ch. 757 Expenditures: service contracts.
- SB 0340 Ch. 285 Law enforcement: anti-reproductive-rights crimes.
- SB 0341 Ch. 796 Redevelopment.
- SB 0342 Ch. 492 Foster children: social worker: visits.
- SB 0345 Ch. 681 Attorneys: annual membership fees.
- SB 0346 Ch. 658 Public social services: records.
- SB 0347 Ch. 493 Youth shelters: funding.
- SB 0348 Ch. 385 Agricultural seed: county seed enforcement subventions.
- SB 0352 Ch. 286 Medical assistants: supervision.
- SB 0353 Ch. 447 Health care coverage: language assistance.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesTahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.