New California Laws for 2014 (Part 31)
Part 31 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes water recycling, Health Benefit Exchange, foster children, attorneys, youth shelters, medical assistants, sex offenders, and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 31
- SB 0313 Ch. 779 Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill of Rights Act.
- SB 0318 Ch. 467 Consumer loans: Pilot Program for Increased Access to Responsible Small Dollar Loans.
- SB 0322 Ch. 637 Water recycling.
- SB 0324 Ch. 164 * Alcoholic beverages: tied-house restrictions: advertising.
- SB 0325 Ch. 175 Trustees of the California State University: student members.
- SB 0326 Ch. 279 Sex offenders.
- SB 0328 Ch. 517 Counties: public works contracts.
- SB 0330 Ch. 481 Pupil instruction: health framework: mental health instruction.
- SB 0332 Ch. 446 * California Health Benefit Exchange:records.
- SB 0333 Ch. 284 Crimes: emergencies: false reporting.
- SB 0335 Ch. 757 Expenditures: service contracts.
- SB 0340 Ch. 285 Law enforcement: anti-reproductive-rights crimes.
- SB 0341 Ch. 796 Redevelopment.
- SB 0342 Ch. 492 Foster children: social worker: visits.
- SB 0345 Ch. 681 Attorneys: annual membership fees.
- SB 0346 Ch. 658 Public social services: records.
- SB 0347 Ch. 493 Youth shelters: funding.
- SB 0348 Ch. 385 Agricultural seed: county seed enforcement subventions.
- SB 0352 Ch. 286 Medical assistants: supervision.
- SB 0353 Ch. 447 Health care coverage: language assistance.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRocklin Crime Report Digest (3-12-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of March 03, 2014 - March 11, 2014.
Rocklin Police Issue Annual ReportThe Rocklin Police Department has released their Annual Report for calendar year 2013. Complete report attached below in pdf format.
Housing Recovery Still Moving ForwardRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, owner of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about a recent survey completed by Fannie Mae which indicates although, consumers attitudes seem to be fluctuating on a month-to-month basis, the longer term forecast for housing remains positive.
St. Baldrick's Head Shaving in RosevilleRoseville, CA --The 12th Annual St. Baldrick's Head Shaving event will take place this Saturday, March 15, 2014 at the Westfield Galleria in Roseville.
Roseville Concert Series AnnouncedRoseville's Summer Concert Series kicks off this year on May 17, 2014 with a tribute to the Eagles.
Roseville Online Bidding Service Aims for Broader ExposureThe City of Roseville is now partnering with Public Purchase for posting, notifying and awarding of all formal requests for quotes (RFQs) and request for proposals (RFPs).
Rocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.