New California Laws for 2014 (Part 32)
Part 32 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes voting, firearms, mental health, jail construction, worker's comp, school attendance and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 32
- SB 0357 Ch. 202 * Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) Pilot Program.
- SB 0359 Ch. 415 Vehicles: retirement and replacement.
- SB 0360 Ch. 602 Certification of voting systems.
- SB 0362 Ch. 566 Voting procedures: natural disasters.
- SB 0363 Ch. 758 Firearms: criminal storage: unsafe handguns: fees.
- SB 0364 Ch. 567 Mental health.
- SB 0365 Ch. 627 Jail construction: funding.
- SB 0367 Ch. 682 Developmental services: regional centers: cultural and linguistic competency.
- SB 0368 Ch. 717 Teachers: added authorization in special education.
- SB 0369 Ch. 314 * State claims.
- SB 0371 Ch. 9 * Claims against the state: appropriation.
- SB 0375 Ch. 287 Workers' compensation.
- SB 0377 Ch. 780 Public works: project determinations: wage and penalty assessments.
- SB 0378 Ch. 150 Official record of conviction: admissibility of electronically digitized copy.
- SB 0379 Ch. 372 School attendance: early and middle college high schools.
- SB 0380 Ch. 371 Communications: service interruptions.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesAutism in Girls Study Launched in CaliforniaAutism is far more common in boys than girls - affecting 1 in 54 boys and 1 in 252 girls - but little is known about biological differences between boys and girls with autism.
Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.
Hot Pink Fun Run in Downtown Roseville September 28thRegistration is now open for the 7th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, a family-friendly run, walk and fun zone on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Monty Python's Spamalot at Roseville TheaterSPAMALOT tells the legendary tale of King Arthur's quest to find the Holy Grail. However, diverting a bit from the true story, this hilarious musical
High Marks for Sierra College Energy Tech StudentsThe Sierra College Energy Technology students who took the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Entry-level exam in June 2014, all passed.
Multiple Sclerosis Becomes Counselor's AssetDuring most of the '70s, Kathe Skinner, now a 65-year-old licensed marriage family therapist in Colorado Springs, Colorado, couldn't figure out what was wrong with her body.
Placer Water Agency Eyes $7 Billion Bond OpportunityFunding for water resource improvements in Placer County could be possible if California voters support the $7.12 billion bond issue on the Nov. 4 ballot, it was
Napa Earthquake Victims Urged to Hire Licensed ContractorsEarthquake: The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging residents of Napa Valley and surrounding areas to only hire California-licensed contractors
8 Arrested in Roseville Police Drug and ID Theft OperationRoseville Police detectives, following up on a Roseville drug case, searched a home in Sacramento and found evidence of methamphetamine sales and identity theft involving scores of victims.
Placer County Republican Party Announces EndorsementsThe Placer County Republican Party has announced the following endorsements in local races for the November 2014 election.